Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Aug 7, 2014 3:26 AM
Aug 2014
iWin4Prep said:

It bothered me that Tsubone could keep up with Killua after what Killua did to Youpi.
episode.

Well Killua was carrying Alluka, naturally he would move slower. Also, Tsubone said herself if she didn't know about the technique there is no way she would of been able to react, I think she's basically following his trail but was clearly getting left in the wind.

Smallish Spoiler for next episode

Aug 7, 2014 3:28 AM

Mar 2014
Alluka's too cute :')
Aug 7, 2014 3:38 AM

Apr 2014
Killua: Alluka, If I were the only person in the world who really loved you, would you be sad?
Alluka: I'm so happy, I can't stop smiling.

Oh, wow. I still remember how much I loved this when I first read the manga.
Aug 7, 2014 10:31 AM

May 2012
Cloud1Hx2 said:
iWin4Prep said:

It bothered me that Tsubone could keep up with Killua after what Killua did to Youpi.
episode.

Well Killua was carrying Alluka, naturally he would move slower. Also, Tsubone said herself if she didn't know about the technique there is no way she would of been able to react, I think she's basically following his trail but was clearly getting left in the wind.

Smallish Spoiler for next episode

I think you underestimate Pitou, who was able to travel long distances in seconds with less effort
Aug 7, 2014 11:10 AM

Oct 2010
Hisoka mvp
Aug 7, 2014 1:40 PM

Jul 2010
Gotoh is fucking classy and charismatic as a character, really hope he won't die although there was a possible death flag so I'm not really sure.

Killua and Alluka's scene was HNNG.
Aug 7, 2014 5:40 PM

Jul 2013

Hmm - why is Machi placed away from the PT, why is her hair all wavy, and why is she next to Zeno?
Aug 7, 2014 8:10 PM
Apr 2014
GalekC said:

Hmm - why is Machi placed away from the PT, why is her hair all wavy, and why is she next to Zeno?

That's Silva,not Machi.
Aug 8, 2014 12:02 AM

May 2010
yatabare said:
GalekC said:

That's Silva,not Machi.

No that's definitely Machi...

I find it interesting that this picture implies Hisoka actually knows of Zeno's existence.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 8, 2014 2:49 AM

May 2014
Anybody else wondering how Tsubone could have a granddaughter when zoldyck family butlers weren't allowed to have relationships
And I said HEYEAYEAYEAYEA
Aug 8, 2014 3:20 AM

Jul 2013
-NIGG- said:
Anybody else wondering how Tsubone could have a granddaughter when zoldyck family butlers weren't allowed to have relationships

well Tsubone is Silva's most trusted butler im guessing exceptions were made
Aug 8, 2014 7:08 AM

Mar 2014
Hisoka and Illumi are really annoying.
"You cannot make the cold colder and the dark darker"
Aug 8, 2014 9:35 AM

Nov 2011
StefanHere said:
-NIGG- said:

It's possible that she had a child before becoming a butler.
Aug 8, 2014 10:39 AM

Mar 2014
Those faces on the hill, lol.
Aug 8, 2014 10:39 AM

Mar 2014
dr0psh0t said:
Hisoka and Illumi are really awesome.

Fixed your spelling error for you.
Aug 8, 2014 10:46 AM

Feb 2014
StefanHere said:
-NIGG- said:

Or Tsubone is the only one who became the Zoldyck's butler while her children live an ordinary life. Then she take Amane too afterward.
Aug 8, 2014 11:02 AM

Dec 2011
Confucius said:
yatabare said:

That's Silva,not Machi.

I find it interesting that this picture implies Hisoka actually knows of Zeno's existence.

Just noticed that Hanzo made it into Hisoka's toy-box. I must be blind.
Aug 9, 2014 12:28 AM

Jan 2012
GalekC said:

There are alot of characters in that picture that puzzle me like that cooking chick from hunter exam lol.
you sound poor
Aug 9, 2014 12:58 PM

Apr 2014
I really liked this episode! Leorio is top 3? xD I really hope the smoke dude wins though. And Killua bein all sweet to his sister, telling her he'll be the only one who really loves her. and her puddin face was adorable lol. Awesome episode, can't wait for next week to see some awesome battles!
Aug 9, 2014 5:10 PM

Dec 2011
MetalxSoldier said:
GalekC said:

There are alot of characters in that picture that puzzle me like that cooking chick from hunter exam lol.

That shouldn't puzzle you. Hunter examiners are top tier hunters, usually with a star rank. Hisoka likes strong people, or people with a lot of potential. He did show a lot of interest in the examiners during the exam arc.

I'm actually surprised to see Bisky in there, considering that the two didn't have much interaction. Bisky spent a lot of time acting cute and innocent to Hisoka's face while scheming behind his back. Looks like Hisoka wasn't fooled... or his judgement of character is absolutely flawless.
Aug 9, 2014 7:09 PM

May 2012
DalPuri said:
MetalxSoldier said:

That shouldn't puzzle you. Hunter examiners are top tier hunters, usually with a star rank. Hisoka likes strong people, or people with a lot of potential. He did show a lot of interest in the examiners during the exam arc.

I'm actually surprised to see Bisky in there, considering that the two didn't have much interaction. Bisky spent a lot of time acting cute and innocent to Hisoka's face while scheming behind his back. Looks like Hisoka wasn't fooled... or his judgement of character is absolutely flawless.

Actually you can tell Hisoka wasn't fooled by Bisky's act. He also noticed that she was Gon and Killua teacher after he got a hard on from seeing how they have grown.

I'm more confused at the implied knowledge of Zeno.

Actually now that I look at this picture harder, Illumi's doll is almost nightmare inducing.
Aug 9, 2014 9:08 PM

Feb 2014
Man when illumi went all bloodlust mode i got freaked i could feel the tension now that would be a fight and it's always amazing seeing killuas kanmaru again.
Dragon Kick Your Ass Into The Milky Way!

Aug 10, 2014 9:37 AM

Dec 2013
Illumi and Hisoka - lmfao.
Kamui again, awesome. That escape was spectacular.
I realized Gotoh is cool.
That old woman is fucking disgusting.
Holy shit, Gotoh's power too awesome. I sense an epic fight.
Aug 10, 2014 10:27 AM

Jan 2014
Confucius said:
yatabare said:

That's Silva,not Machi.

In the manga is Silva the animators just make a mistake

"When /a/ sends its fags, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you.
They’re sending fags that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to us.
They’re bringing cancer. They’re bringing bait. They’re shitposters.
And some, I assume, are good fags."
-@Xinil
Aug 10, 2014 7:20 PM

Mar 2014
I don`t quite understand why his hair is pink though... It could have been an homage to the 1999 version but even then, his hair there was actually silver.
Aug 10, 2014 7:39 PM

Jun 2009
Well, if it's a screw up I guess they deserve a free pass for something that's actually kind of minor.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 10, 2014 10:55 PM

Mar 2014
Nope, huge plothole.
Aug 11, 2014 1:25 AM
Feb 2013
jreginald said:
I don`t quite understand why his hair is pink though... It could have been an homage to the 1999 version but even then, his hair there was actually silver.

It's pink because the animators made a mistake and thought it was Machi, thus the pink hair. I believe it was intended to be Silva as pointed out, judging from the manga. Besides Machi's hair is different.

Machi: http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130826090200/hunterxhunter/images/7/74/Machi_reliable_instinct_2.jpg

It's more pointy.

Silva: http://s1.tsuki-board.net/pics/encyclopedia/3542.jpg?t=1299611747

It's more smooth, just like the toy's hair.
Aug 11, 2014 1:29 AM
Oct 2011
jreginald said:
Nope, huge plothole.
It actually is if you think about it. I mean if Silva had pink hair and he looks exactly like machi, then that means Silva is actually part of the phantom troupe (spoilers?) or Machi is a Zoldyck, or even better: Machi is Silva. But the series never focused on that, which means it's leaving out something hugely important. Fucking Madhouse.
Aug 11, 2014 6:32 AM
Aug 2014
Candor said:
jreginald said:
Nope, huge plothole.
It actually is if you think about it. I mean if Silva had pink hair and he looks exactly like machi, then that means Silva is actually part of the phantom troupe (spoilers?) or Machi is a Zoldyck, or even better: Machi is Silva. But the series never focused on that, which means it's leaving out something hugely important. Fucking Madhouse.

loloolol, dude, they just colored his hair wrong lmao
Aug 11, 2014 7:03 AM
Mar 2011
His hair is blushing or perhaps it's just a reflexion. You can still tell who it is. The color is not so important.
Aug 12, 2014 8:05 AM

May 2013
Great episode, as usual. I really enjoyed the psychological aspect of this one, with all of the Butlers' different allegiances and how they were figured out. The extensive insight we've gotten into the Zoldyk family remains the best part of this arc for me thus far. They really are a fascinating bunch.

Illumi especially stood out here, namely because of his "berserk moment" when Hisoka asked him if he could kill Killua. It builds nicely on top of moment a few episodes back where Illumi revealed that he thinks he is the most important person in Killua's life. It was used as a joke then, despite its very interesting implications, and of course Togashi didn't let it go to waste. It's evident here that Illumi loves Killua with all his heart, except it's in a twisted fashion, suiting his very abnormal psyche. He willingly stuck a needle in Killua and traumatized him in the Hunter exam, and yet we see here that it was not done out of any malicious intentions; Illumi was simply protecting and guiding his brother in the best way he saw possible.

It's rather disturbing, actually, and it gives Illumi more dimension as a character than before. Illumi thinks Killua loves him most, because he loves Killua most. He's so twisted that he can't see that Killua has no reason to reciprocate those kind of feelings, after all the torture Illumi has subjected him to. The interesting is that it is clear that Illumi is aware of how much Killua cares for Alluka; he uses it to taunt and bait him, after all, and yet despite this Illumi still thinks Killua could care for him more. He really does have issues, as Hisoka so eloquently put it.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Aug 12, 2014 3:43 PM

Mar 2014
Candor said:
jreginald said:
Nope, huge plothole.

It's a plothole cause Silva doesn't have pink hair. But damn, you bring up a good point. Machi could very well be Silva, with Illumi being able to change his face and all :|

Nice post MrAM.
Aug 12, 2014 3:46 PM

Jun 2009
jreginald said:
Candor said:

It's a plothole cause Silva doesn't have pink hair. But damn, you bring up a good point. Machi could very well be Silva, with Illumi being able to change his face and all :|

Nice post MrAM.

Ah, this is that top 3 or 5 moment that editor was talking about. I can see it now. Fuck you for predicting it.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 12, 2014 4:02 PM

Mar 2014
insan3Spectre said:
jreginald said:

Nice post MrAM.

Ah, this is that top 3 or 5 moment that editor was talking about. I can see it now. Fuck you for predicting it.

So much foreshadowing in one little picture, I love it!
Aug 15, 2014 11:01 PM

Dec 2011
Finally. Gotoh and Hisoka are engaged in battle. Can't wait to see more of this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2014 11:41 PM

Jun 2012
Aww I was hoping Hisoka would fight the OP grandma. Oh well, at least he's back.
Aug 30, 2014 9:01 AM

Apr 2013
Go Leorio!
Sep 6, 2014 4:19 AM

Mar 2013
Wow I wish my car could drive up a 1000% grade slope
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Sep 6, 2014 5:41 AM

Oct 2013
DerpHole said:

Yea taht was lol..... Although someone said in the manga the truck hits the car and it falls of the cliff, that's it.

So how did you like the series overall? You marathoned this shit so fast.... Like 3, 4 days?
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Sep 6, 2014 6:34 AM

Mar 2013
It's good. Way better than Bleach or Naruto.

I'd rate this show a 7
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Sep 18, 2014 2:16 PM

Jun 2013
I want that chick butler, to be my driver. Climbing up and shit.
ImpalaSep 18, 2014 2:20 PM
Sep 23, 2014 6:39 AM
Sep 2014
soundscape said:
DerpHole said:

Yea taht was lol..... Although someone said in the manga the truck hits the car and it falls of the cliff, that's it.

So how did you like the series overall? You marathoned this shit so fast.... Like 3, 4 days?

Oh thank God that scene was flat out retarded. I'm surprised no one pointed out how ridiculous that sequence was before you did.
Sep 23, 2014 11:33 AM
Jul 2018
Illumi's bloodlust >.<

Alluka's cheesy smile at the end was downright adorable.
Sep 26, 2014 7:03 PM

Apr 2014
i've always liked Hisoka and Illumi's relationship for some reason
Sep 28, 2014 1:26 AM

Nov 2013
WOW ILLUMI WAS FUCKING TERRIFYING

Oct 25, 2014 5:28 PM

Jan 2012
^ ILLUMI is creppy when he is angry.
nice episode
btw Ging only 2 stars

Mar 24, 2015 2:40 PM

Jun 2009
Apr 3, 2015 6:18 PM
Sep 2009
So the only one allowed to kill Killua is Illumi huh? How brotherly.

Alluka is pretty normal and adorable without her powers. Why not have Alluka ask someone a question and then keep that person locked away instead? Like that there is nothing to fear.

Or kill that person? Alluka can't ask anyone else a question until she has finished with previous target or will their death restart everything?
Apr 8, 2015 10:13 PM

Jul 2013
Illumi's bloodlust holy s*** O.O

Hisoka in jk-mode lol

So next episode the fight between Gotoh and Hisoka, I think I know how this will end...

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 25, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.