Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2008 10:49 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode three out!

Can I go to bed yet?
Feb 4, 2008 1:29 PM

Oct 2007
LOL this is all you need after watching Aria.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Feb 4, 2008 7:51 PM

Nov 2007
Is this the episode with the chocolate seller?

If so, the show is finally starting to get up to quality. The first 2 eps were pretty lackluster.
Feb 4, 2008 8:07 PM

Jan 2008
I enjoyed this episode. I like how this series is a continuation of the original in every sense, same with the natural. Its like in the past few weeks I haven't watched three separate series, but 42 episodes (so far) of the same one.
Feb 9, 2008 8:44 PM

Jan 2008
maxcherry715 said:
I enjoyed this episode. I like how this series is a continuation of the original in every sense, same with the natural. Its like in the past few weeks I haven't watched three separate series, but 42 episodes (so far) of the same one.

Thank you Max! I couldn't have said it better.

Nice work again StarCreator! Get Some Sleep!
Mar 18, 2008 1:23 AM

Jan 2007
Loved it. It really put a smile on my face once again. It was funny how Akari has never been INSIDE the cafe.
Apr 8, 2008 3:11 PM

Aug 2007
Faust721 said:
It was funny how Akari has never been INSIDE the cafe.

Yeah, that was a funny thing! I was kind of remembered of an episode of the original series - The one with the "scavenger hunt" through the city , where they found that box on that place in front of the cafe :)
Jun 24, 2008 7:03 PM

Jan 2008
It was quite a simple idea to put the chocolate in a bag rather than in a glass jar, but nvm.

:D
Nov 11, 2008 5:48 PM

Jan 2008
Great episode~
Lol, I got chocolate hungry while watching this episode~ :)
The inside of the cafe looked awesome~

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Feb 19, 2009 8:28 PM

Jul 2006
I lol'd IRL when the kid fell.

Jun 23, 2009 3:17 AM

Apr 2008
heart shaped chocolate o_o ... they really like to use heart shapes

Aug 26, 2009 7:19 AM

Feb 2008
That was seriously so cute.
I hope to see more of that chocolate seller.
Oct 5, 2009 10:09 PM

Sep 2008
Aww, this episode was adorable!
I wonder if we'll ever see the chocolate seller again.
Jan 14, 2010 3:12 PM

Sep 2007
Watching President Aria's dance makes any episode even better.

Jan 18, 2010 12:02 AM

Jan 2009
OMFG! Put the candy in a bag instead of glass!

Gaahhh it's so amazing/inspirational/uplifting!

Mar 17, 2010 3:39 AM

Oct 2008
Yummeh chocolate. <3
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 17, 2010 6:11 PM

Aug 2009
Whoa a new character showed up and his name is Patissier-san. At first I was like the hell is this guy doing everywhere Akari goes to then few moments later, ohh he's just taking a stroll since he needs to get new ideas for his chocolate bags.

Few things that I loved in this episode were:
1. Alice getting angry at Aika for teasing her about the chocolate bags. Oson of a gun Alice's face was so damn hilarious.
2. Akari, Patissier, and the cafe manager meeting each other. I smell a love triangle going on around in here.
3. Akari never being inside the cafe. Damn Aika and Alice for experiencing the inside of the cafe without Akari.

So if you put your feelings at something, then that something will become special to you and for everyone around you. I see, now let me find an object than I can set my feelings on!
May 8, 2010 1:09 PM

Jan 2010
yeah Aria needs his shots lol xD

great episode,i'll go to sleep now ok :)

5/5

PS:i think i start to realise why the origination rating is 8.89,3 great episodes out of 3 :)
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jan 2, 2011 11:46 AM

Nov 2007
Origination is getting better by every episode. Amazing episode yet again!

Amano-sensei's way of depicting little things in the world with little wonders make ARIA an exceptionally positive show. I can't help but keep on loving it. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 14, 2011 8:54 PM

Feb 2011
Was rooting for the patissier and akari for a moment in this ep.
Sep 9, 2012 4:33 AM

Sep 2012
Chocolate *__*
Jan 6, 2013 3:31 AM

May 2012
After watching this episode I had a feel to eat chocolate :p Nice episode with a great concept of though in it!
Sep 24, 2013 11:22 PM

Dec 2012
Another heartwarming episode, I really like when various people of the city are introduced and their stories are told. It really adds that extra flavor to the experience.
Mar 3, 2015 3:11 AM

May 2010
Akari x Henri seemed pretty shippy material, I want Akatsuki x Akari instead... It wasn't bad tho but Akatsuki is polar opposite to Akari so it makes it way more interesting (says the person who usually likes characters with similar personalities together)

And I am starting to love the ED, perfect animation and song for a finale.
Jul 4, 2015 7:12 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
After a long day of work, an episode of Aria can cure the tired body. I liked this episode as it was Akari focused. I wonder why the chocolate seller used a glass container to put the chocolates it. Must be expensive for him to keep making chocolates.

Akari x Henri seems like a good pair up. They guy seems honest with himself and he seems to have taken a liking to Akari.

That Pres.Aria getting hyper when Akari mentions his favorite book I believe since it was on sale.

I'll have to re-watch the entire Aria series since I can hardly remember the plot nowadays.

Oct 22, 2015 10:49 PM

Nov 2010
An Aria episode with kids and chocolates? that was fun.
Nov 11, 2015 2:03 AM
Nov 2014
Thanks Aria, now I'm hungry for some chocolates....damn it.
Nov 25, 2016 9:54 PM

May 2016
This is my second watch cuz I accidentally watched Origination after Animation. A second watch is definitely helpful as I was able to pick up more things from this.

First, I can't believe the original building on Manhome that contained those painting were submerged/underwater. Is that because of the rising water levels due to global warming mimicking real life? It was such a small off-hand comment that I didn't notice it until my second watch. Thank god they were able to safely store those paintings away. Actually when thinking about it, putting those large paintings away may have meant they knew the building would become ruined in some way... how bad are the conditions of Venice on Manhome? It must be pretty bad either economically or physically. Well, at least Neo-Venezia/Aqua benefited from it.

Second, "I'm feeling sorry for the chocolate." Man, I had to shift mindsets during this sequence. I've had to think about the cultural idea about "Items containing feelings." It's taking the idea of every single object and thing has feelings like a person does (yes this is a real thing, I know Aboriginal culture has a similar thing to it in some sorts so I don't doubt it's there in other cultures). Just seeing the chocolate glass bottle break and seeing the chocolate become wasted was sad. I saw the chocolate and bottle as a sort of a metaphor for a person. Just seeing a broken bottle being reminiscent as a broken person, that just hit the heart a bit.

Third, putting feelings in the chocolate. I saw this similar to putting feelings into art but with every mundane thing as well. If you put more feeling into a product, that feeling will spread around. Thus, if you put some feelings into your art product, that feeling will spread to others who consume that product. Of course, they want to spread happiness so if you put in the feelings of happiness then it will spread.

Okay, here's my interpretation for Chocolate dude's justification for closing the shop.

Fourth, by putting in the feelings into something it spreads to others that consume it. This feels meta a bit. It's like Amano and everybody associated with the material (anime & manga) is telling the audience about the effects of art and the creation of these things. Of course, this doesn't even have to be with art, it could be with anything you put into it. I think that's what they were trying to say in this episode when Akari mentions how Chocolate dude's chocolates spread happiness and joy. By putting in the feeling into something, this same feeling will be reflected to everybody else who sees it. Huh, that's one different way of saying that message. It' was also a nice tie-in from those paintings in that cafe.

Fifth, the "natural" inclusion of Chocolate-san's stand. Is this saying that Neo-Venezia is a town where if you take out each individual component like the buildings and services, they all reflect the same philosophy of where you can clearly see the feelings reflect from those who put into the products which are usually happy feelings. Where is this place and how do I live there forever? Oh wait, that's the real world lol. Just gotta just adjust that point of view.

Sixth, I realize Aika prohibiting Akari is a funny way of bringing variety reactions to Akari's lines. After so many episodes, I finally figured this out lol. It makes sense, seeing a girl say whimsical dialogue about Neo-Venezia and Aqua for periods on end can be tiring if you ain't into it so they play with it. Personally, I would love to listen to Akari talk hours on end, she has a cool perspective.

Yeah, I quite liked this episode.
FestivalsOfComfNov 26, 2016 3:28 PM
Jan 7, 2017 11:49 AM

Feb 2013
Those chocolates looked great.
May 6, 2017 4:50 AM

Oct 2012
What a lovely episode
Simple but very lovable
It feels like creators of this anime put their love into this anime xD

Next ep, it's actual new characters for Undine.. Oh wow!
"Signature removed"
Oct 16, 2017 9:41 AM

Nov 2011
Bad idea watching this late in the night, dozed straight off.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 12, 2019 6:35 PM
Jul 2018
I loved the food-art aspect to it, and the new place in Neo-Venezia, please keep showing us more about the beautiful place! :)

"No matter if it's an enormous building or a chocolate, everything contains a feeling that has been placed in them" <3

The person who made this anime sure is a very beautiful person, I wonder about his feelings.. <3 <3
removed-userDec 12, 2019 6:38 PM
May 5, 2020 5:55 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I say no to anime blond guy
May 12, 2020 9:29 AM

Mar 2019
Chocolate seller, he loves batiments
Jun 15, 2020 10:19 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, another Akari's antics. Her usual encounter really nice to be seen. Even after this long wait, i can still feel the breeze. How sweet!

Neo-Venezia, really placed the old Venice into some kind of the next level. They were doing such a great thing to the town. Yet, its still touchable on the feeling aspect for everyone. Even in a little thing like that mini chocolate merchant. They were all mixed into one feelings. To brought back the smiling peoples into the town, into the Aqua. So smooth, yet, so relaxing. Such an Aria antics, but its still wrapped up in nice way. An excellent work from these Aria serialization!

An intermezzo, wow finally i seen some old faces. That weird cafe owner from the previous season, keep smiling, old man! And that merchant chocolate Patissier really looks like Al-kun. Was that a coincidence? Great episode, as always!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 24, 2022 10:34 PM

Mar 2018
Inspiration can come in many forms; nice of the chocolate seller to recognize Akari's influence on him and repay her for it.
May 2, 2023 2:05 PM

May 2021
President aria ate chocolate I thought aria was a cat
Aria is a special cat so its fine i guess
Inhales oxygen
Aug 21, 2023 4:46 PM

May 2015
Chocolate for happiness !
Sep 9, 2023 1:38 AM
Apr 2021
it was a great episode, but it should've been a bit more realistic.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Mar 31, 2008

318 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Mar 6, 6:50 AM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 7, 2008

98 by Nius1 »»
Nov 9, 2023 1:50 PM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dtshyk - Mar 24, 2008

90 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Aug 30, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - May 5, 2008

51 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Aug 30, 2023 1:59 AM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Apr 30, 2008

72 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Aug 28, 2023 11:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.