Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 5, 2014 4:35 AM

Mar 2014
No doubt that this is the best episode of fairy tail 2014.
Jul 5, 2014 4:37 AM

Jun 2009
the sting lector moment was so cute ;D
and the new op was awesome
5/5 waiting for more
Jul 5, 2014 4:46 AM

Jun 2014
Liked the episode although the fight between Laxus and Jura was rushed, I mean come on; beating Jura under 5 minutes?!

Erza vs Minerva was done pretty well, the armor looked nice and I liked the determination that FT had at the end.
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds that darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”
Jul 5, 2014 4:47 AM

Dec 2013
Fuckin weak.
Sting that was lame.
Fights were disappointing too.
Laxus vs Jura : worst fight ever
Gray & Juvia vs Lyon & Chellia : lame, but a bit funny
Erza vs Minerva : 2nd Origin was cool but the fight was short and lame as others fights
Lol @ NaLu shipping in the previous OP > nothing happened > new OP which is done with the shipping xD
2,5/5

blacknight201 said:
No doubt that this is the best episode of fairy tail 2014.

lel
Jul 5, 2014 5:14 AM
Mar 2014
i wish that loli chick would just shut up,she was annoying as f*ck................and that nakagami armour looked kickass
Jul 5, 2014 5:32 AM

May 2012
to be honest, I was expecting from this episode and somehow i feel dissapointed. The fight looks more glorious in the manga.. well anyway good to see they win, and New OP and ED.

overall 3/5 for me
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Jul 5, 2014 5:46 AM

Jul 2013
So they really did finish the whole thing in one episode... I must say that that is quite awesome
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Jul 5, 2014 5:51 AM

Mar 2012
That moment when epicness happens in Fairy Tail and you just want to yell "FAIRY TAIL, B1TCHES!" xD
Fairy Tail epicness... I missed you so much *-*
Jul 5, 2014 6:07 AM

Jul 2013

Me: Oh shit, Sting is gonna go Bankai! o_0

Loved Erza's Second Origin release and DAT ARMOR! <3
Sugoi episode! (although Jura was defeated way too fast)
Jul 5, 2014 7:36 AM

Jun 2014
The fights are just pretty predictable. I can't see how somebody can call the 'epic'.
Their fights with the Garou Knights were epic, so I'm expecting good things in this ep. What a letdown...
Jul 5, 2014 7:39 AM

Jan 2014
new and nice OP
badass end to the festival.
Jul 5, 2014 8:36 AM
Mar 2013
I know choreogrphy of fights isn't strenght of Fairy Tail, but this one shoting of over-hyped superpowerful opponents is just lame. Both Jura and Kagura fights have been extremely dissapointing.
"Well if you have criticisms as a consumer of retail item X, then why don't you step down from your role as consumer and critic and become a creator of the sort of item you were hoping to buy and had thought you had been promised, since everyone knows that the only logical, rational solution to displeasure with a product is to become a manufacturer."
Jul 5, 2014 8:43 AM

Sep 2013
The Natsu vs ... in the new op looked great, I hope they keep that quality throughout.

Lol that Sting thou :( the fairy tail aura and Lector trauma did him in :( it's so damn sad.
Jul 5, 2014 8:47 AM

Nov 2013
Very disappointed with this. The fights were over far too soon, I expected for Jura to be stronger. Gray and Juvia vs Lyon and Cheria isn't even worth mentioning.
And I wish Sting fought too. But I liked the touching moment with Lector.
Jul 5, 2014 8:52 AM

Jun 2013
I didn't expect Laxus to take out Jura so fast. That episode was really good and the new opening and ending are both very good.
Jul 5, 2014 9:13 AM

Jun 2014
"Strike Back" was badass.

Awesome episode! Also they finally show
properly in the OP.
Jul 5, 2014 9:38 AM

Dec 2013
Minagatachi said:
Don't know how people can say that this episode had fights/action. All "battles" were literally just a three-second, one-sided curb stomp. Finally the eclipse section of the arc is starting, which is definitely my favorite part of the arc.
blfan said:
I am a big NatLu shipper though I think they are hogging the spotlight, two EDs in a row, if you count the last ED of the original anime, three ED that feature Lucy, give me something new, but this arc is centered is Lucy, it can't be helped.
They're the two main protagonists, of course they're going to be in the spotlight constantly. And even if that was no the case, there is literally only three relevant shippings in this series (NatsuxLucy, ErzaxJellal and GrayxJuvia) and two of them were shown. It's fine.

Couldn't agree more with the first few sentences there, each fight late no more than 3 minutes tbh. Personally, I can kind of understand why sting forfeited, but it made me hate the episode tbh. im classing that as dues ex machina, awful ending

LLawlied said:
Wow cool! Fairy Tail win the fight because of nakama power & power of will! That's totally unpredictable!
Erza pulling out Nakagami armor at last second because she's angry that her friend is hurt is badass and totally NOT ass-pull! Even though she can use it right off the bat, but for some reason she chose not to because she's just that badass!
Laxus win against Jura - member of the (supposedly) powerful mages called Ten Wizard Saints - because reasons is awesome as fuck! He should be appointed to become the Ten Wizard himself.
And then Sting. Boy, where do I start here. He has been build up to have this "new power" that supposedly allow him to beat the Fairy Tail mages. And guess what? He surrender! Because apparently, our protagonist team is brimming with radiance that he couldn't face them. That's some twist right there and really worth the build up! :D

Definitely amazing episode to close this arc...

I couldn't put it better myself, I personally feel that, when everything is looked at in more detail, it really isn't as epic as people say it is, it's just bad writing.

Mod Edit: Merged posts; please use the edit button.
julyanJul 5, 2014 9:52 AM
Jul 5, 2014 10:17 AM

Sep 2012
Looved the new opening! It seems that a really fun arc awaits us! :)
I feel a little bit sad because they really rushed Laxus's fight but, oh well.
Finally someone beat that snotty little ... Good job Erza! :D

All in all, I thought this was a very heartwarming episode with Feary Tail win, Sting and Lector being united again, just beautiful :3
Jul 5, 2014 10:24 AM
Jun 2014
This is quite possibly one of the most ridiculous episodes of any anime that I have ever had the displeasure of watching in my entire life.

In a word: Rushed

Everything was rushed. Laxus vs Jura could have taken up the while episode on its own. And it made no sense how Laxus just suddenly won, when it looked like Jura was the one who had the upper hand. 5th strongest wizard saint, these nuts.

Erza once again pulls out a plot device armor to win when she should not have even been able to stand. An armor that breaks the laws of magic? Wow that was certainly convenient for the situation. Also, who the hell ever even said the Second Origin could be activated at will like that?

And Lyon and Chelia could have possibly won if they didn't act like idiots. Grey couldn't have possibly had that much power left after he fought with Rufus.

This just goes to show that when you do something sloppy, it comes out like this.

And Sting punking out when he could have won with a single blast as pathetic. And the worst part is, the Power of Friendship should have been working in his favor. And yet he just gives up? There is no excuse for that.
GengarJengarJul 5, 2014 10:31 AM
Jul 5, 2014 10:27 AM

Sep 2013
Im amazed that they stretched the HELL outta Natsu's group vs the executioners but they wrap this all up in a single episode. Like wtf, I WANTED this to be stretched out. Love the new OP though.
Jul 5, 2014 10:35 AM

Jun 2012
That Jura fight was so anti-climatic. So was the Lyon one (but I never even expect that much from it anyway).
"However, one clad in this armor can break the laws of magic" THEN WHAT IS SO DIFFERENT?! Erza and everyone else ALWAYS break the rules of logic. It's not like Erza wasn't covered with plot-armor already, now she is LITERALLY covered with one! And that awful OHKO move as well. OP Tail always takes 10x the damage they deal to their opponents. Those pesky lil villains never take more than a couple of hits while Fairy Tails HP stat is off the charts! It's not like they were plot relevant in the least.....

And of course Lector was alive the whole time. Tell me Fairy Tail, how does it feel being castrated?
Welcome to club: Anime that Should Continue
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=37045
Jul 5, 2014 11:02 AM
Sep 2007
I like setting, and all characters (except Natsu), but this was really shitty.

Fairy Tail's victory, and all.
Jul 5, 2014 11:23 AM
Mar 2014
btw does anyone know the language minerva speaks??
Jul 5, 2014 11:24 AM

Apr 2008
Cyber_Bluez said:
btw does anyone know the language minerva speaks??

It's a made up language I believe
Jul 5, 2014 11:53 AM
Oct 2013
Wow there couldn't have been anymore spoilers in one opening!! Really hated how the Laxus vs Jura fight was so rushed but I know it kinda went that way in the manga.
Jul 5, 2014 12:41 PM

Apr 2014
Its probably been said before but the opening had much better animation than all the fights lol.
Jul 5, 2014 12:47 PM

Oct 2012
The fights were for the most part rushed but they were in the manga too so I guess I can't really complain about that. I was hoping the anime would expand on them more but oh well. The best parts are upcoming and I can't wait.
Jul 5, 2014 1:00 PM

Mar 2013
AnneRG said:
Sviranui said:
I feel like the animation was slightly better this time, or was it just me?

No, it definitely was better. I feel like they've been pinching their pennies for this part of the arc.

That would be great, I hope it's true

Jul 5, 2014 1:12 PM

Apr 2014
FatefulLove said:
All three fights ending in one episode!
Can't believe Jura lost that fast to Laxus. Erza's Second Origin the Nakagami Armour!
The armour hasn't been used for a long time too!
Cheria and Lyon's lack of teamwork :P Grey and Juvia's combined attack.
For a second, I thought that the unimaginable outcome was that Sting was going to beat all five. Sting surrendering and reunited with Lector.
How all five just standing there all prepared to fight!!!
Eclipse 2 is going to begin!?!
Jul 5, 2014 1:30 PM

Apr 2010
Jul 5, 2014 1:32 PM

Jul 2010
Why the new opening now?!great spoil everyone who hasn't read the new chapters .
Thank god I did !
Because everyone knows by now that Fairy tail's openings are a big BIG SPOILER!!!'
And the ending too what the hell
This ruins it for every one who's not read it but oh well.
I thought this episode was awesome ending three fights in one episode
Laxus vs Jura I forgot it was K.O. By 1 shot
The armor on Erza is so beautiful just like I expected love the color choice.
Gruvia oh Gruvia was the best part .
Wohoooo!'
Lyon and Cheria looked like team rocket but ok
Sting's reunion with Lector almost made me cry .
After finding out too that Lector's VC is the robot form Clannad after story ,almost made me cry
Love the fact the tournament ended at night.
Jul 5, 2014 2:04 PM
Apr 2013
Anyone knows the background music playing when it shows Erza with the second origin armor until FT receives 63 points?
Jul 5, 2014 2:27 PM

Dec 2012
When Minerva said "Nonsense! This is nonsense!" and "Disappear!" is that what she actually said? I've been studying Japanese for a while but those lines sounded like complete gibberish to me.
Jul 5, 2014 2:33 PM
Jun 2014
Funny how Sting was fighting for nothing but the safety of his friend. Yet he gives up. The Power of Friendship only works for Fairy Tail, apparently.
Jul 5, 2014 3:48 PM

Dec 2011
They have finally wrapped up Daimatou Enbu!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2014 4:03 PM

Apr 2007
Thank goodness all the rights are over. I would not have liked waiting an extra 3 to 4 weeks to get to the main point of the arc. Now THAT would've been dragged out since it is obvious that they all would've won anyway.

Core1019 said:
When Minerva said "Nonsense! This is nonsense!" and "Disappear!" is that what she actually said? I've been studying Japanese for a while but those lines sounded like complete gibberish to me.

I also didn't hear any of those words from her. It was probably some kind of incantation or something.
Jul 5, 2014 4:45 PM

Apr 2009
Another trash animated episode. Op is cool. Too bad when we actually see those scenes they won't look nearly as good. They seem to put more effort into the OP than the actual episodes.
DreddJul 5, 2014 4:51 PM
Jul 5, 2014 4:47 PM

May 2013
I hate how quick each of the fights were especially Laxus vs. Jura which definitely should have been longer. I can forgive Erza's deus ex machina armor though cause I love her. String giving up was just as annoying as it was in the manga. New OP is pretty cool, lots of spoilers though.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Jul 5, 2014 5:07 PM

Dec 2008
Didn't enjoy the new OP.

New ED reminds me of a certain Final Fantasy song. But it's fine.
Overall, the episode was fine. I think they would've been able to get a few extra weeks before the series caught up to the manga if they made each fight last one episode. But in that case, I suppose it would feel too dragged out. In any event, I can't say I'm particularly looking forward to PII of this arc since I didn't much enjoy it in the manga. Hopefully Ohara Sayaka's performance makes me enjoy it more though <3

14 episodes in, I'm still disappointed at the sloppiness in animation.
Jul 5, 2014 5:11 PM

May 2013
Touching and epic episode c:
Jul 5, 2014 6:49 PM

Apr 2009
Back-On... Fairy Tail Opening... I think I just died...

Back-On best Japanese band of all time.
Jul 5, 2014 6:53 PM

Jul 2007
The best OP fairy tail has had so far. Best song too. I can only hope that the next arc's OP far surpasses this one because that arc is imho the best of the whole fairy tail so far.
Jul 5, 2014 8:05 PM

Jan 2014
Very disappointing episode
Sting surrendering was just straight up stupid.
I feel like these fights that are happening in Fairy 2014, are not as good as Fairy Tail. (B4 2014) All of them are so quick, I want an intense battle where both sides are pushed to their limits.
I did like new opening they did, and the ending song was ehhh, liked the first one better. Hoping for a better episode next week.
I'm all fired up!!!
Jul 5, 2014 9:06 PM

Aug 2013
Been a long time since I read this episode in manga, but damn, they rushed the crap outta that episode, oh well.. might as well rush through this whole arc
Jul 5, 2014 9:08 PM

Apr 2011
Juvia looked good with the shredded clothes and minus the hat. I'd like a different outfit for her that doesn't make her look like an Eskimo. Good job with that combo move.

I was a bit disappointed with the Erza/Minerva fight. I was hoping we'd at least see a big explosion with that final attack, instead of a simple slice and then Minerva flying through the air with her clothes shredded.

I kinda expected Lexus/Jura to last longer, but it got the point across ...

I don't think the fansubbers did a very good job getting across why Sting decided to just concede, especially when he probably could've taken down at least some of Fairy Tail, though I think Gajeel and Lexus would've triumphed in the end. Ah well, he got his kitty back, so that's all that matters.

Grand Magic Games are over ... looks like it's time for Eclipse to start. Hmmm, that guy in the preview looks suspiciously like Rogue but with gray hair ... maybe someone else came back from the future along with Lucy?

Animation wasn't all that great this episode, unfortunately. Hell of a time for them to cut their budget. Let's hope the upcoming dragon invasion isn't as disappointing. And apparently Cobra is gonna be back! Looking forward to that.

Also, the OP was pretty awesome, though I kinda like Matsuyama Chasing better. ED is still meh, never really been a fan of Fairy Tail's EDs.
Jul 5, 2014 9:35 PM

Jan 2011
Nice that it's finally over, but for itself it was dissappointing. They dragged out some fights before so long, especially whenever Fairy Tail was losing. All of Sabertooth liked to boast for hours, or Minerva playing her games. I don't care how many fights end in one episode, it's about *showing* the fight. Even the uppercut Laxus did to Jura was only partially used. They could have left Natsus group out if they where short on time (though it was either bad planning or intentionally stupid), didn't serve any point anyways.

About what we actually saw: What did Grey and Juvia even do? Was that supposed to be a unison raid, or just two attacks at the same time (if the later is the case: *facepalm*).

I also think Erza would have won even without that armor. Minerva isn't that strong actually. Lots of magic power, powerful spells, yes. But technique? None. The moment Erza regained momentum, it was over. Minerva can't deal with resistance. While it's smart to let the others wear each other out, it also says a lot that she never faced a rested enemy. The moment she did, if you count Erza releasing second origin as "rested", she lost.

Erza thought against enemies rendering her armors useless, against enemies that she couldn't hit etc. Minerva was just a matter of dodging the spheres. Minerva even dropped a hint herself "everything i see". So, hide beind a pillar or whatever. If Minerva doesn't know which one, she has to blast all, which would get tiring. And if done right, Erza could drop from above or behind. Or she could just take the hit. She took more before, like against Azuma.

FT vs Sting: Why did they even take the challenge? Sting was in zugzwang (apparently, it's a word in English, too). Fairy Tail could only lose if he would take out all members. Not sure what they would do with a draw, or simply end the tournament at a point where it would not be a draw (before both teams are down/once the first woke up again, whatever). Even if there would be time limit, FT had more points, and time limits apply to both teams anyways. They could have found some nice spot, have a picknick, get a good nights sleep (maybe taking turns having the watch, but given how Sting was able to hide the whole day, even from the lacrima, FT should have been able to do the same), and face him with 5 well-rested members.

Worst that could happen - unless intervention by the tournament organisators, which seems unlikely given what they turned a blind eye on before, and how popular FT was at that point - would be that Sting takes them out. So the same as when they go to face him, except he would at least have "exerted" himself coming to them.

Too bad he didn't fight, we will probably never know if they had a backup strategy to "standing there doing nothing until Sting gives up".
Jul 5, 2014 9:40 PM

Mar 2014
Is the new OP that spoilerish? I haven't read the manga up to this chapter so I don't feel like they spoiled anything aside, maybe future Lucy's death? But that was hinted in the next episode preview so I'm okay with that.
Jul 5, 2014 10:02 PM

Nov 2009
Did they run out of budget or something? They dragged out the shitty fights with the Executioners a bunch of episodes back that no one cared about, and now they rushed the the Laxus vs. Jura fight which was the biggest matchup on the final day. That's some poor planning on the studio's part.

To be fair, I re-read the manga chapter with the Laxus fight and it was pretty much the same. Still, if they could've added more to it, they should have so it wouldn't feel so anti-climatic.
Jul 5, 2014 10:56 PM
Mar 2014
Well im disappointed about Jura and Minerva, i thought they would be hard to defeat, but was the opposite

And im disapponted about Sting too, he had a good plan, all he wanted happened, but at the end he pissed himself before start to fight, knowing that if he doesnt defeat fairy tail, Ojou sama could kill his best friend.

Anyway the episode was great and i liked the opening, i just hope they improve the animation quality becouse sometimes looks like a slideshow
Jul 6, 2014 2:36 AM
Nov 2013
Yeah, OP is cool, if only they could animate the fight scenes in the actual episodes as good as they did it in the OP clip...
Fights we're kinda fun but it all comes down to the same thing repeated endlessly, FT getting a power-up, cuz.. friends, and just one-shotting the opponent... 3/5
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

100 by wildhood »»
May 2, 7:58 PM

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.