Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 28, 2014 1:07 AM

Mar 2008
This episode was so f-ing awesome. Gajeel, Laxus & Jura are awesome.
Jun 28, 2014 2:00 AM

May 2013
Gajeel was awesome! Turning into a shadow like Rogue and the Iron Shadow Dragon Roar was so awesome!
Minerva should be beaten soon. I hope Erza can endure the beating.
Gray vs Lyon should be good. Along with Juvia and Cheria.
Orga was all talk. Knocked out in one hit. lol
Go Laxus! You can do it!
Jun 28, 2014 2:18 AM

Jun 2014
Next week its gonna get real i been waiting for laxus and jura to fight
i cant wait :3
Jun 28, 2014 2:47 AM

Aug 2012
Gajeel was a beast, Jura one shot too OP. Laxus with that uppercut punch at the end too epic, can't wait for next week to see more action.
Jun 28, 2014 2:51 AM

Jun 2014
Laxus making a joke :P
Being the relative of a short guild master!

Was a good episode with the smack down that is OVERKILL hyper beam Gajeel.

Kinda bored by Natsu and co. as they travel through the redundant palace...
(Takes em how many episode to move how far?)

Ezra will crush her opponent.

Finally: Just waiting for the crowd to gasp really loud as Sting beats someone up.
Yep. Fairy tail is fun! Just make sure to recap after you finish so that you get coherent scenes :P

Fairy tail and other "branching" anime gives you several story lines to follow. I usually watch each storyline separately for a more clear-minded approach!
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Jun 28, 2014 3:39 AM

Jul 2013
Nice action episode indeed.

Wait a minute, did I see Sting in the preview? Are they really going to make that much progression next week? Can't wait ;)
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Jun 28, 2014 4:25 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
God that was awful.
Reintroduction of these stupid Knight characters who for no reason given are keeping up with Fairy Tail. I mean are our characters even trying? What happened to Natsu's power when he fought Sting and Rouge?

Gajeel vs. Rouge was a huge let down. The animation for the fight was bad and it was just a total blow out. The only thing enjoyable the was Roar of the Iron Shadow Dragon... but it was just a normal giant beam from other action shounens.

Jura vs Ogra.... wtf even happened? Did he dodge? Did he just take the hit?
Fairy Tail, this isn't Pokemon, please stop using scene transitions and actually animate the changing of angles. These scene transitions are just lazy and lead to choppiness of action. What ever happened to the fighting animation of the first 175 episodes lol.
Jun 28, 2014 7:28 AM

Jun 2013
Damn I expect Jura to be that strong, hopefully the next episode gets even more intense.
Jun 28, 2014 7:34 AM

Jan 2014
pretty nice episode, but most I like the move from Laxus

can't wait for the fight Laxus and Jura
Jun 28, 2014 7:48 AM

Oct 2013
Gajeel was so badass in this episode,and those boring knights are back,can't wait for Laxus and Jura's fight.

Jun 28, 2014 8:31 AM

Jul 2010
This episode was on freakin fire !!!
Yay no mini filler
The fight with Gajeel and Eouge was awesome only I imagined more punching the manga but ok .
The shado fight was awesome from both of them.
Good thing that shadow is gone
That K.O . By Jura was crazy it looked more amazing
With Laxus I thought he got K.o'd too but that counter attack
Erza and Minerva OMG the new armor soon
Jun 28, 2014 9:24 AM

Apr 2014
I liked all the fights and can't wait to see what happens next but, I think they move between the fights too much. We barely saw any of Gray+Juvia VS. Lyon+Cheria. I'd prefer to have longer fights with less of them shown than 5 battles with about 5 seconds of footage.

The Garou Knights - ugh, they were K.O'ed how'd they come back! Interesting plot twist though with the Princess, evil they made you start to doubt Future Lucy though >.<
Jun 28, 2014 9:38 AM

Mar 2013
I am seriously disappointed at the new animation (not art), the fights are mostly a series of stop motion punches with the characters flying, again, in a stop motion way afterwards.

I hope this improves in the future.. compared to the old Fairy Tail the animation has now been just laughable..

Jun 28, 2014 10:03 AM
Apr 2013
Next episode is gonna be that scene. Manga readers know what I'm talking about.

Meanwhile A-1 gave a small hint as to who the shadow was. It was actually pretty clever and easy to miss.
Jun 28, 2014 10:39 AM

Jun 2014
The complaints on this page are too generic. I mean, Gajeel did a shadow fight...I thought we wouldn't be able to see anything ._.

And Laxus took the blow obviously. That or he used lightning illusions. I dunno.

I haven't really seen the animation drop as much as a lack of need for it. All Jura did was throw a punch.

And yes, Natsu and company are fighting the hilarious executioners!
-"laughing field!" Natsu and friends becomes unable to move and can only laugh"-
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Jun 28, 2014 10:46 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
7starkiller99 said:
Gajeel did a shadow fight...

It wasn't even a fight. Rouge was just running away while Gajeel was chasing him and hitting him every time he caught up.

7starkiller99 said:

I haven't really seen the animation drop as much as a lack of need for it. All Jura did was throw a punch

See
Jura didn't just throw a punch. Though I haven't read the manga, I asked a few of my friends who did read it and Jura actually went through Ogra's magic. The "animation" went from Ogra charging, releasing, a pan out to the city being filled with black lighting, and then back to Jura in where it seems he just dodged it. They could have easily just shown Jura heading straight through the attack but instead chose a sloppy choppy version.
(Please do correct me if I am wrong, the two people I asked said they really weren't paying much attention but agreed with Jura going through the attack).
Jun 28, 2014 10:50 AM

Apr 2008
Zelot said:
7starkiller99 said:

It wasn't even a fight. Rouge was just running away while Gajeel was chasing him and hitting him every time he caught up.

7starkiller99 said:

I haven't really seen the animation drop as much as a lack of need for it. All Jura did was throw a punch

See
Jura didn't just throw a punch. Though I haven't read the manga, I asked a few of my friends who did read it and Jura actually went through Ogra's magic. The "animation" went from Ogra charging, releasing, a pan out to the city being filled with black lighting, and then back to Jura in where it seems he just dodged it. They could have easily just shown Jura heading straight through the attack but instead chose a sloppy choppy version.
(Please do correct me if I am wrong, the two people I asked said they really weren't paying much attention but agreed with Jura going through the attack).

Your friends are sorely mistaken

http://static.mangainn.com/mangas/324/99694/012_02_22_2013_16_07_06.jpg

http://static.mangainn.com/mangas/324/99694/013_02_22_2013_16_07_06.jpg
Jun 28, 2014 10:52 AM
Oct 2013
Zelot said:
7starkiller99 said:

7starkiller99 said:

See
See here or chapter 320. I think the anime adapted it accurately.

As for the whole episode, I think it was fairly enjoyable. The animation seemed good enough, especially during the Laxus parts, although I can't say I enjoyed the 'slideshow' they pulled with Laxus' attack.
Jun 28, 2014 10:56 AM

Jun 2014
That my friend deserves a reply.

Regardless of what Jura did:

1 -> throwing a punch while moving forward
Or
2 -> whichever you had said

I didn't see the need for him dodging it Bleach style with slow movement and/or further animation.

Honestly all I expected to see was Jura smacking the guy.
Besides, this is the anime not manga ._. And 9/10 anime do not represent the Manga faithfully.

Jun 28, 2014 12:57 PM

Apr 2010
Next weeks discussion should be interesting.
Jun 28, 2014 1:25 PM

Apr 2014
I'm tired of the crappy animation and slide shows. The animators need to get a grip and stop being lazy. Not sure if they're not getting paid but they really need to start improving.
Jun 28, 2014 2:48 PM

Aug 2012
Gajeel VS Rogue fight was awesome! I'm loving how we've now seen both Natsu and Gajeel absorb 2 attributes other than their own and use it for themselves.

Why the hell did the Execution Team have to return? I was hoping they were done for already, but nope. There they are. Again.

Jura literally took Orga down with a single blow... Good lord, he got strong. And now we get to see Laxus (hopefully) make a comeback and take him down!
Jun 28, 2014 3:04 PM

Jun 2012
myanime2 said:
omg!!!!!

their wrapping this up!

Mod note: Do not reveal plot spoilers obtained from reading the manga.

About damn time, feels like this arc is being dragged on too long.
Jun 28, 2014 3:25 PM

Dec 2013
Garou knights returning...

That's the whole joke.
Jun 28, 2014 3:50 PM

Jul 2010
Garou knights coming back like that? REALLY? That's just horrible writing.
Jura is pretty cool though.
Jun 28, 2014 6:41 PM

Feb 2014
jdbe said:
Garou knights returning...

That's the whole joke.

The worst thing is they still act so mighty and arrogant(well, except that leader change a little so that's good), they just being villain for the sake of being villain. To see they got up even after got beat up miserably like it was nothing also so bad.

Next week already Gloria "chapter" huh. I though next week is the right time to make a filler or extended scene (a good one of course) because in the manga it so short, but they didn't even consider that, huh.

Well, while the animation is so One Piece, i like Gazeel fight. So this week is decent FT for me.
Jun 28, 2014 8:10 PM

Sep 2011
So to Arcadios, the one lying is Hisui. That makes much more sense actually, not that I can tell whether it's the truth. And the return of... those guys. Ughhhh

And dat ending, the Laxus Uppercut! I don't think he's gonna beat Jura, but it still looks like it's gonna be a hell of a brawl.
Jun 28, 2014 8:17 PM

Jan 2014
DAYUUUUUUUM Jura Freaking One shot him lol !!!
Can't wait to see Laxus and him fight.
I'm all fired up!
Jun 28, 2014 8:18 PM

Jan 2008
Ugh, those guys Natsu and them beat up came back.
Jun 28, 2014 9:26 PM

Jan 2011
Didn't expect them to end the fight with Orga that fast. Usually, the episode tiltles are one episode ahead. Though it might always been only about Laxus, so it kinda fits again..

And Jura..sure, 5th place of the wizard saints, strongest human wizard etc. is nice and all. But IMHO, all wizard saints should be like this. It was made clear that all wizard saints are extremely powerful, but in the fight against Oracion Seis, Jura was baiscally useless. If he was weaker then they were back then, and will (most likely) still use against Laxus now, after gaining a seven year advantage..

Even when taking the dragon slayers out of the equation, as they are something else and could be counted as "not human", there are like a dozen wizards that are stronger than the lower ranks of the wizard saints.

And we only know about like 10 guilds, all from one (and far from the biggest) country.
Jun 28, 2014 11:22 PM

May 2012
Nice executed episodes. I really like Gajeel fight, and looking forward towards all the fight too .

Seems like Gajeel really OP in that fight with rogue, im glad his training paid off.

5/5

NwAurion said:
Didn't expect them to end the fight with Orga that fast. Usually, the episode tiltles are one episode ahead. Though it might always been only about Laxus, so it kinda fits again..

And Jura..sure, 5th place of the wizard saints, strongest human wizard etc. is nice and all. But IMHO, all wizard saints should be like this. It was made clear that all wizard saints are extremely powerful, but in the fight against Oracion Seis, Jura was baiscally useless. If he was weaker then they were back then, and will (most likely) still use against Laxus now, after gaining a seven year advantage..

yeah i was dissapointed in that arc too, but at that time, Jura was on the 10 spot of overall ten wizard saint. so to be fair, i dont think he is as strong as Jellal or Makarov ( who are also part of 10 wizard saint) at that time. But i think at that moment, tbh, Jura act more like side character. so yeah, he probably doesnt fight seriously or his power are not at this level yet. and since 10 wizard saint is kinda an official title, i bet if u put Gildarts on one on one fight with Jura, theres a possibility that Gildarts will win even if he doesnt have the official title of ten wizard saint. ( To become a member of the Ten Wizard Saints, a Mage must be granted this title by the Chairman of the Magic Council ) . So yeah, There are much more , probably strnger people than the ten wizard saints.

source : Ten Wizars Saints
khonsutoraJun 28, 2014 11:32 PM
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Jun 28, 2014 11:29 PM

Mar 2014
Uh...bad way to drag out the fight with the Executioners returning. And most of Gajeel's fight only consist of shadow thingy clashing with each other, not to mention the actual fight is mostly a bunch of still frame/slideshow. Glad the the arc will end next episode.
Jun 29, 2014 3:45 AM
May 2011
HOW JUST HOW CAN YOU PEOPLE BE EVEN TALKING ABOUT GAJEEL AFTER THAT LAXUS SCENE . Just wow , first time i yell,cheer rly loud while watching anime , WHAT A BADASS .

edit : OK I WATCHED THIS AGAIN AND YELLED,CHEERED SO LOUD ONCE AGAIN , DAMN U LAXUS , DAMN U FOR BEING SO COOL
Jun 29, 2014 4:24 AM

Jun 2014
Gajeel looked intense,But i preferred the manga,Somehow he looks more sparkly rather than dark and on the other side Jura surely lived up to his name, Orga's role i guess more or less looked like a way to show
how strong Jura was.

I just wanna know..wasn't Makarov at 5th position in the top ten wizard saints,So if Jura is now 5th ,Does it mean he is stronger than Makarov or is it because of missing out for 7 years Makarov's name is out of the top ten wizard saints?

"The higher I get, the lower I will sink. I can't drown my demons, they know how to swim."
Jun 29, 2014 5:50 AM

Jan 2014
The episodes are getting too short now...
"Down along under Hill, shining in the sunlight. Waiting on the doorstep for the cold starlight."
Jun 29, 2014 6:29 AM
Oct 2013
NwAurion said:

Even when taking the dragon slayers out of the equation, as they are something else and could be counted as "not human", there are like a dozen wizards that are stronger than the lower ranks of the wizard saints.

And we only know about like 10 guilds, all from one (and far from the biggest) country.
Actually, the Wizard Saint title is just something the council gives to mages, I find it hard to believe that there isn't someone else who may be as strong/stronger, but doesn't want the title/the council doesn't know about them.
Jun 29, 2014 6:38 AM

Apr 2008
miskos3 said:
NwAurion said:

Actually, the Wizard Saint title is just something the council gives to mages, I find it hard to believe that there isn't someone else who may be as strong/stronger, but doesn't want the title/the council doesn't know about them.

Gildarts is stronger
Jun 29, 2014 11:50 AM

Jun 2012
The comedy has been long gone. Fairy tail should stop trying to be funny and it should put more of it's attention on it's "epic factor". At least they got that one through ½ of the times, as ridiculous as the other half of the times may be.

Orga got one-shotted? Really? And this is all just to show how badass our Laxus is by beating Jura. -_- And that is a spot on guess from me. How many of you are gonna say that Jura isn't going to lose? Laxus already beat some of the top members from one guild on his own. Geeze. Talk about beating a dead horse.

Executioners were unneeded.
Welcome to club: Anime that Should Continue
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=37045
Jun 29, 2014 12:29 PM

Dec 2013
Damn, I hoped they would animate the whole fight. But Jura Vs Orga was epic haha
Rogue vs Gajeel was unexpectedly amazing too, it seemed kinda boring in manga but the way they were moving in shadows was shown really cool in the anime. Oh and Obaabaa is back lmao. 5/5, want more.
Jun 29, 2014 9:24 PM

May 2012
salamander20 said:
Gajeel looked intense,But i preferred the manga,Somehow he looks more sparkly rather than dark and on the other side Jura surely lived up to his name, Orga's role i guess more or less looked like a way to show
how strong Jura was.

I just wanna know..wasn't Makarov at 5th position in the top ten wizard saints,So if Jura is now 5th ,Does it mean he is stronger than Makarov or is it because of missing out for 7 years Makarov's name is out of the top ten wizard saints?

Like i said in my earlier post, the Ten Wizard saint is a title granted by the Magic Council, there are more people powerful than most of 10 wizard saint, that includes Gildarts, the late Ur and even Hades. doesnt mean that Jura is on 5th position of the 10 wizard saint, makes him stronger than makarov who was once in that position. Remember they've been missing for 7 years, so it was not clear whether Jura had come or not surpassed Makarov strength and power. Consider that, Makarov is stronger than Laxus, and i would say, Jura is on par, maybe a little above than Laxus. I dont think Jura surpass Makarov yet.
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Jun 30, 2014 8:41 AM

May 2013
sugoi-pepo
Jul 1, 2014 9:11 PM

Mar 2014
oh shit so many big fights going on at the same time but they shoulda spent more time on the games instead of bringing back the executioners (didn't read manga so not sure if thats how it was)

only way they can make this arc better is if gildarts is in it
Jul 2, 2014 2:53 AM

Apr 2008
Icedout15 said:
oh shit so many big fights going on at the same time but they shoulda spent more time on the games instead of bringing back the executioners (didn't read manga so not sure if thats how it was)

only way they can make this arc better is if gildarts is in it

The Executioners came back in the manga too.

As for Gildarts he'd break all of the previous arcs if he'd been there so he won't be here for this one either
Jul 4, 2014 2:20 PM

Feb 2013
Jeez who's idea was it to hold this in the City itself... jeez if the dragons don't destroy it the guilds will >.>...

Meh i haven't really be entirely interested on Natsu's group all i care bout still is the grand wizard battles and they have pulled my attention into them but they still bore me a little. although with this recent one with Jura Vs Laxus is something i find rather interesting we'll just have to see how it'll play out.
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Jul 5, 2014 9:33 AM
Jul 2013
Fairy Tail will have a spoiler opening forever >.<
Nice episode though :)
Jul 5, 2014 12:13 PM

Jan 2013
Best episode in this arc!And probably in the new Fairy Tail.
Amazing Amaazing!Amazing.
My heart was beating very fast when i saw all the fights,it' was incredible!
Everything in this episode was perfect.That end woooooooow <3
Lector is back,Fairy Tail won :D When i saw Lector & Sting crying...i cried too omg xD it was so epic,tears of happines xD
Erza new armor...oh my <3
Fairy TAIIIIIL!!!!! Best guild ever <3
Go Natsu now is your time to defeat those bastards and escape from the castle.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 6, 2014 11:55 AM

Dec 2011
Gajeel now defines what turning into a bad ass means!

Damn, a fight between shadows is ensuing lol.

It's a good thing Rogue is back to normal and that Frosch is with him.

Oh c'mon... the executioners are back >.>

So the princess is lying? I wonder if she's actually evil O.o

Erza vs Minerva is still in the early stages and we also have Gray x Juvia vs Lyon x Cheria!

Ohooo, Laxus vs Orga vs Jura!

Damn... Jura just 1-hit KO-ed Orga...

So the top 4 aren't human, which makes Jura the strongest human wizard saint...
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 6, 2014 12:01 PM

Sep 2008
The whole lucy rescuing arc has just been dragging on for far too long. I swear they've just been swatting small flies(the guards) since FOREVER. holy smoke.
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Jul 7, 2014 7:00 AM

Jan 2013
So they show us the outlines of the 4 saints.. I bet a saint arc is up and coming after this arc. Natsu for #1!!
Jul 12, 2014 11:29 AM

Nov 2012
Nice one Gajeel ^ ^
and daaamn Laxus son >.>

btw is it me or are the actual fights like one min and the rest is random sh*t happening? .-.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.