Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 3, 2009 2:44 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kagome is back for test.

Mouryoumaru in the jail, but is fighting against Kouga. Escaped when Kikyou attacked him. Kohaku, who regained memory, with Kagura is searching for Naraku's heart.

Mouryoumaru = Goryoumaru, which inside has Naraku's heart w. the akago.

Hakudoushi has been defeated.

Goryoumaru got Kohaku. The group found him.

I'm glad that it begins with manga story.

Both OP & ED were cool!
tsubasaloverOct 3, 2009 3:01 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 3, 2009 2:52 PM

Sep 2008
tsubasalover said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hakuryoushi got closed and Kagome is back for test.

I'm glad that it begins with manga story.
I can't tell what's better, your 1 line summaries and a speck of thought or you long lolsummaries.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2009 3:22 PM

Feb 2009
I just want to find a place where I can watch it. D:

Oct 3, 2009 3:39 PM

Feb 2009
and the VIZ stream is still MIA. Oh well.

So it went right into the things relevant to the main plot skipping any side story chapters (a.k.a. that medicine seller thing)?

Guess I'll find out first hand soon enough.
Oct 3, 2009 4:09 PM

Feb 2009
wtf where is the subbed episode at? viz and hulu need to get on this shit. -_-
Oct 3, 2009 4:34 PM

Feb 2009
MallyMalMal said:

here

http://www.hulu.com/watch/99936/inuyasha---the-final-act-naraku%E2%80%99s-heart

oh wait, it's still not subbed.
Oct 3, 2009 4:56 PM

Jun 2008
omg, i just watched the raw version, and well, amazing, no filler at all, im just so glad inuyasha is back:D i love the op and ed. the opening shows some spoilers like Kohaku with his new best friend Kikyou, lol:D

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Oct 3, 2009 5:02 PM

Feb 2009
I'm a bit mad about some of the stuff they've changed.

I guess calling it aggressively fast pasted would be a bit of an understatement, but with (supposedly) only 26 episodes to finish it off with... I'll have to get used to it.
Oct 3, 2009 5:40 PM

Jun 2008
well, better 26 eps than nothing...to me i just want to see the characters final animated. man, im gonna love when they defeat Naraku, ive been waiting for that moment for years, yay. Epic!

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Oct 3, 2009 6:17 PM

Feb 2009
Orulyon said:
omg, i just watched the raw version, and well, amazing, no filler at all, im just so glad inuyasha is back:D i love the op and ed. the opening shows some spoilers like Kohaku with his new best friend Kikyou, lol:D

SPOILER. >:O

Oct 3, 2009 6:49 PM
Apr 2008
MallyMalMal said:

It's subbed here:
http://shonensunday.com/anime/

I didn't find it to be a *great* episode, but I'm happy to have IY back animated.
Oct 3, 2009 7:52 PM

Aug 2009
God this is moving so fast.

Maybe a little too fast. Which is weird.

Really nice OP and ED by the way. I usually like Do As Infinity's songs.
Oct 3, 2009 8:15 PM

Nov 2007
I'm glad to see DAI back again.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 3, 2009 8:35 PM

May 2009
As others said, I'm surprised it's moving so fast (I haven't read the manga btw)
Doesn't help that my memory is only vague on what was happening at the end of the last season and I don't feel like re-watching any of that.

Is there a way/place to watch it with higher quality than http://shonensunday.com/anime/?
Oct 3, 2009 9:10 PM

Aug 2007
i never expected Hakudoushi to be eleminated on ep 1.... but it was a nice episode.
Oct 3, 2009 9:20 PM

Nov 2008
Maora said:
i never expected Hakudoushi to be eleminated on ep 1.... but it was a nice episode.

True, I feel like they have rushed things. But still it was a great episode. I like the new opening. I wonder how many episodes will they make. Hopefully not 26. I would not mind 100 or so.

It will take me some time before I get used to their Japanese voices but I will cope. Inuyasha's voice just irritates me.
Oct 3, 2009 9:50 PM

Sep 2008
Yay, no filler~
It did feel a tad bit rushed, though...are they trying to stuff all the rest of the material into something shorter than 100 episodes this time or something? :O
I loved it though, I'm so happy to see Inuyasha animated again :D
I'm going to rewatch it in higher quality ASAP~
Oct 3, 2009 10:15 PM

Mar 2009
is there seriously only 26 episodes in inuyasha: kanketsu-hen?
Oct 3, 2009 10:23 PM

Jul 2008
WTF did they change the voice acting for some of the characters? inuyasha and kouga sound so different from what i remembered...
Oct 3, 2009 10:25 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Hell yeah! Inuyasha is back. Glad that Hakudouche guy is gone.

Oct 3, 2009 10:30 PM

Aug 2008
Way too rushed... But, the main aspect I hated about how FMA2 was being rushed wasn't in this, so I didn't mind it too much.

For the most part, I had no clue what was going on... Watched the first season ages ago, and the manga too... I also felt some voices sounded abit different.

OP - Don't like the verses too much, but the chorus was nice.
ED - Loved it.
Oct 3, 2009 10:54 PM

May 2008
phammo said:
WTF did they change the voice acting for some of the characters? inuyasha and kouga sound so different from what i remembered...

Kappei Yamaguchi's voice does seem to have gotten very slightly deeper, but mostly it's just you lol.

I'm looking forward to the next episode, since Sesh is awesome.

I am a banana.
Oct 3, 2009 11:28 PM

Feb 2009
And I would still like to know where to watch it subbed. xD

Oct 3, 2009 11:39 PM

Jul 2009
DarcyD said:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/99936/inuyasha---the-final-act-naraku%E2%80%99s-heart?c=Animation-and-Cartoons#s-p1-so-i0

they subbed it.
Oct 3, 2009 11:49 PM

Jul 2009
The first episode of inuyasha was awesome!!!
Oct 4, 2009 12:15 AM

Oct 2008
I've watched Inuyasha so many times in the past that it was actually starting to get on my nerves. But I'm happy to say that it was really nostalgic to see this story continue. The art in the first episode was great. All the colors were really vivid and the backgrounds seemed to be very well done. Animation was fluid and most of the original characters where there. I really hope they settle down a little bit in the episodes to come, because this first episode was literally crammed full of different story arcs that should really get their own episodes. It's kinda crazy that they amongst all the mayhem of re-introducing EVERYONE...

But still, I was pleased to see this show again. As for comparing this to the fiasco of FMA: B. This is a true sequel, not a compressed alternate version.
Oct 4, 2009 12:30 AM

Aug 2009
While I really hated the fact they're going to compile like, 21 volumes worth of manga in a tiny 26 ep, i'm still really really happy they decided to finish Inuyasha, anime version.

Non manga viewers will not understand a lot and think it's too fast paced...

Not to mention at the rate things are going, Kagura will... sigh, I was hoping otherwise (stay longer, at least).

Of course, the OP is instant LOVE (have been a DAI fan and always will be :3)
ED is pretty cool too.

Overall, 10!!!!!

Oct 4, 2009 12:38 AM

Jul 2008
I haven't watched the first season, only read up to 41st volume, but I still want to watch this. And it was kinda surprise that it continued straight from the end of the first season (or am I wrong ? It just felt like that)

The OP was kinda boring ... Didn't like that much. But I do liked the animation. And it wasn't even a filler episode, yey \o And the pacing was nice imo. And the ED was really nice !

Oct 4, 2009 1:08 AM

Oct 2007
Jump straight into the second season and who give a damn about the first season and manga.

And to all who said this is going to be an 26 episodes, just where do you get the idea from?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 4, 2009 1:58 AM

Oct 2008
Siva said:
Jump straight into the second season and who give a damn about the first season and manga.

And to all who said this is going to be an 26 episodes, just where do you get the idea from?

Well honestly I don't think anyone really said it would be exactly 26 episodes. However I personally believe it'll be around that many episodes because most anime shows nowadays are green-lit for either 12-13 episodes or 24-26 episodes. And with the way the first episode covered I think roughly 10 chapters, it seems possible.
Oct 4, 2009 2:12 AM
May 2008
athyra said:

Not to mention at the rate things are going, Kagura will... sigh, I was hoping otherwise (stay longer, at least).

Yeah, not good at all.

Good episode though, glad it's back. Thankfully there were alot less backflashing then I expected.
Oct 4, 2009 3:29 AM

Jun 2008
really happy its back but inuyasha's voice actors voice is annoying inuyashsa old voice was the best, this guy is to much like saru from set no hanayome
Oct 4, 2009 5:14 AM

Apr 2008
So glad that Inuyasha is finally back, cause I hated the way the first season just ended without really ending ><
Oct 4, 2009 5:37 AM

Feb 2008
LOL,if they keep it at the same pace,the whole story will be finished in less than 10 episodes.They should slow down a bit. And now,my first impressions on this episode :

Opening : Wow,Kagome in highschool uniform,she looks very mature. Except that,the opening was nice and flashy but the song bored me to tears.

Graphic: Slightly improved,more colorful than I last remember ,but generally the same.

Sound : Exactly the same.No improvements at all. And the voice actors are exactly the same.Most probably their voices changed a bit,after all,5 years have past.

Plot/Action : Very,very rushed.Too rushed for my taste. After watching the episode I was thinking something like "What the hell just happened ?! " . They MUST slow the pace.

Ending : Really cool ! I loved it ! Inuyasha and Kagome were cute with their fingers tied by the "red string of fate".

Overall rating: 7/10. It could have been so much better !!! But I guess we should be grateful that it gets continued after all this time.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Oct 4, 2009 7:31 AM

Mar 2009
Yay! this episode was really good. I can't wait for more to come out.

It feels a little different though but that's probably because I watched the first 167 dubbed and this one is subbed 0_o

Oct 4, 2009 7:32 AM

Oct 2009
Is there any other website streaming outside of US? I am from Europe, but i can't watch them on those US websites, or does anyone know if there are any fansub groups busy fansubbing it?
UzimakiSep 11, 2014 9:38 PM

Life is like a battlefield, once you fight for something precious to you, you never quit for it.
Oct 4, 2009 7:57 AM

Oct 2007
It's ok if it's rushed.

I waited so long to see the ending that i forgot most part of the main storry already.

So what is inuyasha about? What is the main story? I honestly can't remember at least half of the important stuff and i don't feel like rewatching ....

Well anyways now since it's rushed i probably will remember the first episode of this season by the time they finish it. So i am glad about that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2009 8:37 AM

Sep 2008
Anybody know which fansub groups are planning to sub this series
Oct 4, 2009 9:58 AM

Jun 2008
It feels weird watching Inuyasha after so long. I can't even remember what the plot is supposed to be
Oct 4, 2009 10:23 AM

Nov 2007
OMG...
It is really rushed... almost 2 volumes were stuffed into one part... they left out so much good InuKag, Sango-Miroku scene, not to mention Sesshoumaru and Kagura... there were so much events in the manga...
OK, I know that it never will be the same, but at least... they could have given it more episodes, and go deeper into the story and the feelings... When Inu was in Kagome world.. When I read it, I hoped that it will be a full-parted episode... and its gotten into one minute XD
However, I am happy that I was able to see Inu again. The graphic is nice, the voice actors are the same, the opening and ending is just perfect!
Oct 4, 2009 10:31 AM

Nov 2008
It was nice to see Inuyasha again but I lol'd at the rank of this anime.
Oct 4, 2009 10:31 AM

Aug 2008
Good ep for coming back... I'm glad they are finally going to finish the series.
Oct 4, 2009 10:39 AM

Oct 2007
hirahira said:
It feels weird watching Inuyasha after so long. I can't even remember what the plot is supposed to be

Yeah, I agree.
A lot of things happened during these 20 minutes... hard to understand the plot.
I really don't remember things they mentioned in this episode :| like Naraku's heart, the infants, Goryomaru or whatever the name was, and the Myoromamasjfhashjhmaru bla. They're the same? Blagh, I want a recap episode, lol.
Oct 4, 2009 11:10 AM
Apr 2008
interesting way 2 start again
Oct 4, 2009 11:22 AM

Apr 2008
Good OP and ED.

I'm so lost. I wish I had the motivation to watch the first season so I'd be more into this all. It's been so long since I've seen it.

I thought it wasn't bad. This is my first time watching IY with subs, but the voices weren't bad.
Oct 4, 2009 11:47 AM

Apr 2009
The pacing in this episode was incredibly irritating, jumped around WAY too much! I dont mind them taking out the fillers, but they should quicken the pacing in a less irritating way. The episode felt like it had ADHD
Oct 4, 2009 12:31 PM

Feb 2009
I don't care how much they jump away from the manga as long I can see Sesshoumaru and company animated again I am really good!
Oct 4, 2009 12:34 PM

Mar 2009
Nice start, picked up right where it left off. It was lil too rushed I hope they don't do that with the whole season, the best part of Inuyasha were their adventures just walking around fuedal Japan saving the day and kicking demon ass, I hope they don't cut that out just get all the plot points inb4 the end!! I watched Inu dubbed, so I'm not sure if I'm gonna watch this subbed or wait for the dub to come out. It really depends on how many shows I watch from the fall season, but I'm already up to like 5 w/o this one, so it's safe to say I'll be waiting for the dub!! Urahara Out!!
Oct 4, 2009 1:11 PM

Feb 2009
knockngoc said:
DarcyD said:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/99936/inuyasha---the-final-act-naraku%E2%80%99s-heart?c=Animation-and-Cartoons#s-p1-so-i0

they subbed it.

Thanks! <3

Oct 4, 2009 1:28 PM

Jan 2008
i give this episode a 3/5 because it was BEYOND rushed... i don't remember a lot from the anime as it is so seeing inuyasha with the diamond tetsusaiga and... well, just in general, a lot of things are missing... especially that whole mountain ordeal... did i miss something? =/ i'm just glad i've been reading the manga recently (and i hope the anime doesn't finish airing before i finish reading the manga x.x) or else i'd be completely lost @.@
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 23 Discussion

ClementIV - Mar 8, 2010

40 by prozyne »»
Apr 18, 4:15 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ClementIV - Oct 10, 2009

96 by prozyne »»
Mar 25, 5:30 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 12, 2009

41 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 3, 3:25 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Chimasternmay - Nov 21, 2009

128 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 3, 1:49 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 17, 2009

63 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 2, 9:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.