Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »
Nov 22, 2014 4:02 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I can definitely see why this anime is so popular with certain demographics. It does what it's meant to do quite effectively and is really stronger one of the stronger *wish fullfilment' shows out there. The art/animation is pretty good quality and Madhouse delivered on all technical levels. They really know how to do a blockbuster.

For me it got a bit boring towards the end to be honest. Whatever tension is built up disappears with the knowledge that Blank will win no matter what, with little or no damage to themselves. Nothing lost. Not much of a game if you ask me. I hope for the second season they really up the ante and put something at stake. Otherwise I fear it might fall flat.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 24, 2014 3:43 AM

Aug 2013
Wow what happened to NGNL's score?? It's dropped like a brick :/

Haikyuu has even surpassed it by one ranking.... I mean come on >.<
Nov 26, 2014 1:20 AM

Jun 2014
what a decent series
Dec 1, 2014 2:04 PM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
I really enjoyed the show. I watched it with almost non-stop smile because it was all I wanted after watching final episodes of Claymore which were really forced and awkward to me. After that No Game No Life gave me what I wanted - really light and funny story and awesome setting. I also enjoyed main and supporting characters. Not to mention it featured my fav board game - othello. It has its flaws (like some of the ecchi could have been avoided) and whole "we had it planned" is kinda dumb. Oh and I almost forgot - animation is just great. It really fits the anime with its brightness and colours. I gave it 10/10 just after I finished watching it and after a second thought it may be too high but I'm not going to change that because it had that "something" which made me do that. Waiting for second season (I read somewhere that it's being done)
Dec 7, 2014 5:49 PM

Aug 2013
The art and animation plus soundtracks are all amazing.
I really enjoyed watching it but content wise it lose out compared to the LN of course.
The way they impersonated Sora was awesome.. Steph is hilarious hahaha.
The ending in the anime got me confused though.. suddenly Old Desu ?!!
To be honest although not the best but it's a decent anime.
I trust there will be a sequel in the near future.
Dec 9, 2014 12:44 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Steph saves the day and beats Izuna xD

This was a long exciting ride. Sora gathering the pieces throughout the show in a Godly way.

Jibril BEST girl <3

Dec 24, 2014 11:48 AM

Dec 2009
Episode 12:

That final plan to defeat Izuna was a bit… over the top? You would need to time everything with insane precision to make it all work and even then you will have scenarios where things would have fallen apart if Izuna had behaved only a tiny bit differently in a given situation.

Other than that, there are a few possibly inconsistencies that I have encountered in the last episode.

1. At the end of episode 10, Hatsuse found out about the presence of Clammy and Feal, including the use of her magic. So why didn't he sent them away or do anything about it and later act surprised when they get to hear that Elvengard got wind of their game? Like, duh. Same goes for a Flugel being present by actually participating in their game and later being surprised that suddenly Avantheim is knocking on their door. Really, what did they expect? That every race present at the game would just leave the stadium and go about their daily routine?

2. They mentioned declaring war every now and then in the series, but isn't it the case that you actually cannot do something like that? I mean, it’s all about challenging people/nations with games, so obviously you can just reject everything and be safe from anything, right? Even Clammy mentioned something like that at the start of the series. If this is the case, why would Miko act like she’s about to be ruined by invading races? Sure, by declining all games they can’t grow but also can’t be hurt.

Final conclusions:

After the final episode, I can say that this was quite a good series with great colorful visuals. I have no idea where people get so hyped about, but each to their own of course. The whole 'we're the blank and we can't lose' principle really holds back the potential of this show. It would give a lot of more excitement and tension if we actually would see things go horribly wrong every now and then instead of constant victory after victory which is sometimes earned in a ridiculously overpowered way. Besides that though, the art style of the world, characters and the story itself are all solid and well brought to life by high production values.
Dec 26, 2014 8:58 PM
Dec 2014
I don't get how people dislike this show. Sora is the best male anime lead in a LONG time (sideye towards Kirito-kun SMH). If people are bothered by the incest then a show like the irregular at magic high school should have a 3 score on this site. Plus the fanservice isnt extreme or distracting and you have to think a bit to keep up with the main characters. Been looking for something like this for a minute.
Dec 28, 2014 9:10 AM
Feb 2011
Watched this in one sitting and kinda regret it, though probably had I stopped at some point, I simply wouldn't finish watching it later.
6/10
Jan 15, 2015 3:51 AM

Jul 2014
it's been a while since this show finished airing but there is still hope for that second season because Durarara!! got a second season after 4 years, though I don't like the idea of waiting that long
Jan 19, 2015 1:02 AM

May 2013
Oh shit, Sora and Shiro got shot. But we have Steph to the rescue! And Imanity wins!
Who knew Sora and Shiro could see the future? And Izuna joins Sora's team!
Hooray, fanservice of Izuna! And woah, that's the Shrine Priestess!

That was the most intense coin toss ever.
The Shrine Priestess would have won with Blood Destruction, but Sora's little trick created the Elkia Federation.
Oh, that's why Fi's memories have been altered. Elves won't win this time around.
"Checkmate doesn't mean you've simply corned the enemy king. It's a declaration that the enemy king is yours."

So using the 10th Pledge, Sora and Shiro will beat Tet.
But first, Kurami and Fi must destroy Elven Garde from the inside.

Kind of cool how they showed a succubus, a siren, and a Flugel. Seems like they'll be the next targets of Sora.
Also, an Old Deus appears!

I enjoyed this show and I actually hope for a 2nd season. (^_^)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 23, 2015 4:54 AM

Mar 2013
Was looking forward to this more than any anime from 2014, and finally the BD's were out. While pretty enjoyable, it did not meet my expectations as being the "Anime of the Year". I feel a bit robbed, but still had some fun and nice Art+Seiyuu performances.

Was hoping this would be a 10/10, but i can't even give it a 9, so 8/10.
Jan 24, 2015 7:37 AM

Nov 2009
This series was fantastic and great fun to watch, Just about every scene in the show was great and the comedy was superb. 9/10 from me and I really hope they make a 2nd season!
Jan 26, 2015 1:52 AM

Sep 2012
Amazing episode and series. I want season 2 already.
Jan 28, 2015 11:29 AM

Nov 2013
Ok series overall. I loved the visuals and sound design, but the games were hit-and-miss and I didn't give a shit about any of the characters. The fanservice never bothered me (well, there's no such thing as showing too much of Jibril).
I wouldn't mind watching another season of this.
Mar 5, 2015 1:31 PM

May 2008
Great show! Feels like an epic movie! Watched it in one go :) 10/10
Mar 31, 2015 6:02 AM

Sep 2014
Stark700 said:

Couldn't agree more Kemonomimi FTW!
Steph saving the day haha :D
Never enough bath scenes <3
What a cliffhanger ending, S2 where u at щ(゚Д゚щ)?
Such an amazing series I enjoyed it thoroughly 10/10.
nerfxMar 31, 2015 6:05 AM
Apr 19, 2015 3:59 PM

Feb 2015
It was way more enjoyable than I expected! Pretty solid. I'll definitely watch out for the second season.
Apr 22, 2015 3:09 PM

Apr 2013
Really solid anime, like it was to be expected from Madhouse. Another 9/10 for me, the ecchi part was lacking though.
Apr 23, 2015 4:25 AM

Dec 2012
forced 7/10 because it was quite fun to watch it.
May 2, 2015 10:08 PM

Jun 2014
how does blood break not qualify as magic?..
well anyway they won

and they made friends with Izuna. Sora adding to his harem / bathroom fantasy scenes

9/10
easily the best alternate reality gaming anime.
May 3, 2015 12:34 PM

Mar 2015
I was actually very fascinated with this anime. I can't believe I didn't notice this for a long time. The animation is superb, the colors, the characters too. The end of season 1 is kind of hanging, so I'm hoping they renewed it to season 2.

May 16, 2015 4:18 PM

May 2015
DarklordVor said:
I was actually very fascinated with this anime. I can't believe I didn't notice this for a long time. The animation is superb, the colors, the characters too. The end of season 1 is kind of hanging, so I'm hoping they renewed it to season 2.

I gotta agree this anime definitely deserves more seasons or at least ova continuing to story.
May 19, 2015 2:25 AM

Dec 2008
ANd thus the tale of neets in what coulda been a better show...has ended lol There had better be a 2nd season so they finally take on tet....or I PISSED! Lol6.5/10 YET I WANT THE 2nd SEASON !!! LOL MY animal girl fantasy lol
May 19, 2015 2:38 AM

Aug 2014
This anime was definitely good and worth the watch. I loved it, though I disliked the fanservice but I guess that is unavoidable. And also the cliffhanger ending of this season, hopefully there will be a 2nd season.
May 23, 2015 11:58 PM

Mar 2013
5/10.

Goodbye, NGNL, and good riddance.
May 30, 2015 2:25 PM

Apr 2015
I expect far less of this anime, but I ended up surprising me a lot, especially with the protagonists that are funny because they are so antisocial.
Jun 10, 2015 9:44 PM

Jul 2007
I liked the show. The art style is gorgeous. The characters are funny and the things they pull off are really interesting.

But the main duo don't really seem to grow which although they are awesome, they feel a little weak from that regard. The other characters feel a bit lacking too as they don't seem to do much (which I guess makes sense when the two MC are really good at what they do). Lastly, there was a lot of unexplained stuff..I'm guessing that gets explained later in the story, but it leaves you wondering in the end.

Overall, I'd welcome a season 2 and I'll probably rewatch this to see if my opinions change. For now I'd give it somewhere between a 7 and an 8. So 7/10.
Jun 11, 2015 6:51 AM
Mar 2013
I gave it a 6. It was pretty funny and I did enjoy it, but the mcs are too stu in my opinion (bash me all you want, it won't change my stance). It's always being played out as them having planned everything from the start and things working out exactly how they want it. Not to mention them beating all these races fairly easily (oh sure they act like they get caught off guard a few times, but then it always gets played off as them acting or having planned everything, or they quickly come up with another plan and win) is annoying for me. I would have liked to see them actually lose for once (the one time Sora vanished, the game was still on and Shiro only had to finish the last part) once which would probably enable some character development.
Jun 27, 2015 10:12 AM

Mar 2011
Deus is Latin for god. This is one of the few times studying Latin in high school helped me understand an anime!
Jul 11, 2015 12:57 PM

Feb 2015
Oh no! Now I have to wait for the second season... *cries*
Jul 13, 2015 1:05 AM

Jun 2013
Great anime, however it makes me angry that it ends on a cliffhanger and a year later there's still no 2nd season. 9/10
Jul 17, 2015 8:16 PM

Jul 2015
What a fun show that was. 9/10!
Jul 25, 2015 8:15 PM

May 2015
gr8 m8
Jul 27, 2015 8:02 AM

Jul 2010
Second season when? I need it now.
Jul 31, 2015 10:54 AM

May 2014
Wow, wow. Ingenious, brilliant. This anime is the epitome of games.
Episode 9-12 had me all the way. I'm glad I decided to watch this anime, surely a recommendation to everyone.
9/10.
Aug 25, 2015 11:29 PM

Jul 2014
That was AWESOME!!! Loved it! <3
loved it, loved it, loved it! x3
Aug 30, 2015 5:18 AM
Jul 2012
Im really curious about when we the second season of this anime is comming out. Have the manga been released?
Sep 3, 2015 1:40 AM

Nov 2012
To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed. Generally it has everything right, plus 3 of my fav seiyuus are there but somehow ...I don't know I wished they struggled a little? That not everything went according to their plan? At first it looked like it happened but eventually it all was planned. It's just I already seen anime like this, with genius strategists... All in all it is good but slightly disappointing
Sep 24, 2015 8:48 AM

Oct 2014
this show full of shit
garbage of the century
score : 1/100

OREGAIRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
MUCH BETTER....
Saber
Sep 24, 2015 8:53 AM

Dec 2013
gembelela said:
this show full of shit
garbage of the century

MUCH BETTER....

I score your post 1/100 as well.
Sep 24, 2015 8:56 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
robis798 said:
gembelela said:
this show full of shit
garbage of the century

MUCH BETTER....

I also wonder just wth Oregairu has to do with anything
Sep 25, 2015 11:37 AM

Oct 2014
robis798 said:

just watch Yahari / Oregairu instead dude.
so muuuuuuuuchhh better than this trash or what ever..

HaXXspetten said:
robis798 said:

I also wonder just wth Oregairu has to do with anything

NGNL
the retard MC (Sora) just "NEET" pretending to be cool in this show
can u imagine..??
the main character turn be pussy if he was separated from his sister as far as 10 meters.
Sora = the real pussy (never exercise) and suddenly so smart

You know the proverb :

"Mens Sana in Corpore sano" = "A Healthy Mind In a Healthy Body"

YAHARI
all the way in
the Main character never pretending to be cool.

8chiman = the real Batman in anime
gembelelaSep 25, 2015 11:52 AM
Saber
Sep 25, 2015 11:51 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
bad troll is bad
Sep 25, 2015 12:00 PM

Dec 2013
gembelela said:
robis798 said:

just watch Yahari / Oregairu instead dude.
so muuuuuuuuchhh better than this trash or what ever..

no
Oct 5, 2015 7:32 AM
Dec 2009
Well, that was a ride. I have mixed feelings about the show but it kept my attention, had interesting character and world designs, and I was entertained! Can't ask for much more :) I'm definitely rooting for a second season.

My mixed feelings regarding this show stem from the "I'm better/smarter than everyone" and "The real world sucks, the world sucks" kind of attitude the main character has at times. It seems very immature, and I was hoping to see him and his sister grow and mature throughout the show but... nope. Didn't really see any growth. Maybe that comes at the end of the series? I'm considering getting the books since I'm curious what happens :X
Oct 30, 2015 10:13 AM

Apr 2009
oh so overrated. 3/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2015 10:55 AM

Aug 2014
I had hard choice to give it 7 8 or 9, but I looked at my other voted anime and I would give it 8,5 and as I cannot I will give it 9.
I liked characters. Steph VA did a good job, but I still think her best role was Rias ;)
Sora, Shiro, Steph and Jibril made nice comedy group :) I mostly laughed around 1-7 episodes and little less in rest.
I liked plot, but I wonder if they will ever lose in the end of any game? (they started losing sometimes but in the end they always win).
Music was ok, and I love this OP not only because I love Konomi Suzuki voice, but the song is also nice.
This anime became harem for me, Ecchi could be better and they should rate it 17+ or R, but even as it is now it shouldn't be 13 :/ (but same as with some other anime).
I love the mind games and tricks.

For this last episode, they recruited new member to their party, but I don't like Izuna so much.
Ending with coin toss is ok, but I think beasts leader could demand higher reward for win. Her decision fits too nice to draw that Sora made. I think it was too perfect.

And that summoning?! What now season 2 will start with game against the best creature in world? Isn't it to much? Will Blank want to control him or only some information? They too often bet everything they got :/
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Nov 22, 2015 8:49 AM

Dec 2013
i loved no game no life a lot but the end was a bit disapointing..i mean..there are still some uncleared things..hope for a season 2 to perfectly COMPLETE such an mind-blowing anime :')
it deserves 9/10.
Nov 22, 2015 2:05 PM
Mar 2014
After watching No Game No Life for the second time, I need a season 2. This anime fun to watch. As for episode 12, it wasn't the best
Pages (21) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 14, 2014

705 by Bienard »»
May 12, 6:30 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2014

510 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 30, 10:10 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

623 by hsallrounder »»
Apr 28, 5:41 AM

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.