Forum Settings
Forums

Characters that you love but everyone hates?

New
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »
Mar 20, 2018 4:21 PM

Jul 2013
Mineta of MHA

Granted, I could understand if the reason for not liking him is because hey he's doesn't have the greatest of abilities compared to the others in the class. Not gonna lie it is questionable why he's in UA anyway imo. Assuming because he's smart... Cause he was 9th out the 24 in his class. But whatever. I like him cause he's a closeted perv done right. It's not that obnoxious but at the same time it's not original cause we have Issei from HSDxD.

Mar 20, 2018 4:24 PM

Mar 2018
People either love or hate Orihara Izaya.
The Soviet Union will revive #communism
Mar 20, 2018 4:38 PM

Jan 2017
Let me see: Dio, Rolo from CG, Takasugi from Gintama, Taiga, Shinji Ikari

Weeb99 said:
Gilgamesh and Kirei Kotomine from the Fate series. When they teamed up in Fate/Zero i couldn't help but cheer for them

and those two of course, same btw
Mar 20, 2018 4:44 PM

Sep 2015
Tamatebako- said:
maybe Taiga Aisaka from Toradora.

You take that back u lil shit her smile is a precious gift and her voice is angelic
Mar 21, 2018 3:12 AM

Jul 2017
Characters that I like but a lot of people hate?

I don't like what the author did to Sakura Haruno now, to the point where I no longer like her but I did liked her before and a lot of people called her 'useless' when it's obvious she's far from being useless.

Next is, Shirou Emiya from the Fate series. I can understand why people don't like him but after I watched the 2006's anime and played the VN, I liked him in the end. Especially Fate Shirou. Yes, he tends to annoy a lot of people with his 'girls shouldn't fight' thing but after Rider attacking him in school, he realised how foolish he was and apologized to Saber after that. And after the event during the church in the Fate route, I like Shirou even more now. Also, I don't care if he's more weak in the Fate route. I like Fate Shirou the best, especially after playing the VN.

(Almost everyone hates Sakura Matou? I know she's not as popular as Saber and Rin but she's actually hated by a lot of people? I like all the heroines of Fate/stay night.)

Third, tsunderes aren't that bad. Yeah there are some that are too much but not all are bad. I love Taiga Aisaka, Rin Tohsaka, etc.

Fourth, Kaga Kouko from Golden Time. Again, I can understand the hate but she became way better later in the anime and I absolutely loved her character development.

Honorable Mentions:

Kirito from Sword Art Online. He didn't really bothered me that much when I was watching the anime. And I never hated him either. But I'm not gonna fully defend him though.

This is just a minor criticism but Allelujah Haptism from Mobile Suit Gundam 00. Some people begin to criticize him in the second season for being a bit more weak and that they prefer his other personality more. But him being a bit weak never bothered me. Not even him yelling Marie a lot bothered me. I love him too much to the point that his flaws are the reason why I love him. I could say the same thing for his girlfriend Soma/Marie. Like I care if Marie is more softer and 'ordinary'. I love her and her other personality no matter what.

I don't know about characters that I hate but everyone loves... Maybe Gilgamesh since he just angered me every single time because of his jerkass attitude. But he is a great villain so I don't know...

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Also, forever hoping for a ufotable remake of the Fate route!
Mar 21, 2018 3:30 AM

Jun 2016
Mordred from Fate/Apocrypha, then again people don't really hate her, per se, they hate Apocrypha or are jerking it to Astolfo.

Mar 21, 2018 8:57 AM

Apr 2017
Slaine Troyard, he stands firmly with his own idea.

Kariya Matou, his loving attitude towards Aoi, Rin, and Sakura is Astonishing.

Yukinoshita Haruno, she truly loves his sister in very much her own way
Mar 21, 2018 3:51 PM

Feb 2018
I feel like people are still gonna bash on my opinion but...

Yazawa Nico.
Mar 21, 2018 3:54 PM
Sep 2016
Definitely Mika Shimotsuki from Psycho Pass. She received way too much hate.
Mar 21, 2018 4:30 PM
Aug 2016
Ishida Uryuu (Bleach) I guessno one hates him, but no one actualy likes him too.
Mar 21, 2018 5:06 PM

Mar 2013
A lot of people seem to really dislike Alois Trancy from Kuroshitsuji, but I really loved him as a character. He had an interesting backstory, was amusing and exciting to watch, and had a wonderful character design.

Also, Tomoko Kuroki from Watamote. A lot of people complain that she is so overly awkward that it isn't believable... well, guess I had a sad life then because I was that awkward. I found it totally believable.
Mar 21, 2018 5:12 PM

Sep 2016
Goku200 said:
Sasuke Uchiha

when doing your signature you do [image] insert link here [/image]. (make sure what is inside the brackets is "img" tho) it looks like you have it the other way. just a heads up ;)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2018 6:55 PM

Jan 2014
Yosuke Hanamura from Persona 4. A lot of people hate him in the west for being a "homophobe and a sexist douche" but I really don't think so. He's just acting like a normal high school kid would TBH.
Mar 21, 2018 10:21 PM

Jul 2015
Generally, tsunderes (with the exception of a few tsunderes I absolutely detest). They're so cute, the way they appear so cold, but deep down, are actually so sweet.

caught in the wonder
Mar 21, 2018 11:39 PM

Mar 2017
Saucy said:
Subaru from Re:Zero.

Apparently he was almost universally hated by people and I only found out after I finished the anime. I still don't really get why he's disliked.

He's has a pretty typical and endearing "hero" arc throughout the series. He starts as a loser nobody in a strange world. Finds something he wants to fight for. And goes through hell to fight for it.

Yeah, he's a bit arrogant and says stupid things, but that's a flaw many of us have and at least to me, Subaru was a great example of someone driven by pure romanticism. He's not cynical, he's not nihilistic. He simply wants somewhere to belong and finds that place.

I think people would hate him less if he kept more of his LN characterization in the beginning. That way it would have been more apparent from the start that he was supposed to be "a loser" as you say and kinda unlikable. At least for me the problem with his character is that in the anime he's a pretty good yet awkward guy at the start then suddenly becomes the worst person ever at the selection. It was a little jarring to go from helping a child find their parents and risking his life for a girl he didn't even know in the first arc to screeching in front of a crowd and completely forgetting all communication skills at the royal selection.

As for me I'd probably say Askua, but to be honest that's kinda cheating cause every Eva character has both their own personal cult following and hate mob.

Also Shinra Kishitama. Some of my friends thought he was a creep but I found his weirdness charming and his dynamic with Celty so much fun to watch.
Mar 21, 2018 11:47 PM

Jan 2013
I love Sakura so much. I mean her mature self. She's a completely different person now. Mika from Psycho Pass also. People dislike her because she's immature sometimes. Ok yeah but she's a KID and she's still learning everything about the police. Just give her some time.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Mar 22, 2018 12:25 AM
May 2017
I honestly think Usopp from One Piece has too many great moments for me not to love him.
Sasuke is another, but I actually do understand the dissatisfaction with how his character turned out
Mar 22, 2018 12:27 AM

Jun 2016
kaga koko. And on the contrary i hated Linda so much, she makes it more complicated and tada banri sufrered cuz of her.

Chitoge too, i guess. Onodera just doesn't suit raku. Plus chitoge's more loveable.

emilia? myb i just don't pity rem for being the "best girl" and yet, rejected.

idk the hates about White album 2 but i think ppl prefer setsuna and hated kazusa, which in my case, otherwise.

sasuke, he just cool. But please, it was super cringe when he tried to copy the forehead poke from itachi, i literally skipped 10 seconds just to avoid any scene of that. Uncool.

Mar 22, 2018 7:04 AM

Feb 2016
DuskSymphony said:
Saucy said:
Subaru from Re:Zero.

Apparently he was almost universally hated by people and I only found out after I finished the anime. I still don't really get why he's disliked.

He's has a pretty typical and endearing "hero" arc throughout the series. He starts as a loser nobody in a strange world. Finds something he wants to fight for. And goes through hell to fight for it.

Yeah, he's a bit arrogant and says stupid things, but that's a flaw many of us have and at least to me, Subaru was a great example of someone driven by pure romanticism. He's not cynical, he's not nihilistic. He simply wants somewhere to belong and finds that place.

I think people would hate him less if he kept more of his LN characterization in the beginning. That way it would have been more apparent from the start that he was supposed to be "a loser" as you say and kinda unlikable. At least for me the problem with his character is that in the anime he's a pretty good yet awkward guy at the start then suddenly becomes the worst person ever at the selection. It was a little jarring to go from helping a child find their parents and risking his life for a girl he didn't even know in the first arc to screeching in front of a crowd and completely forgetting all communication skills at the royal selection.

As for me I'd probably say Askua, but to be honest that's kinda cheating cause every Eva character has both their own personal cult following and hate mob.

Also Shinra Kishitama. Some of my friends thought he was a creep but I found his weirdness charming and his dynamic with Celty so much fun to watch.

I didn't read the LN so I don't know, but if that's why people disliked him then it makes no sense. Take the character for what he is, not for what you "want" him to be.

As for him being a loser, it was fairly clear by how apathetic and cowardly he was at the start. It's pretty clear he didn't care about his previous life if he was perfectly content on staying in the world of "Re:Zero," whatever that world is.

Again, I don't think his outbursts are really that unlikeable. They don't put him in a good light, but considering the amount of good he has done and his unyielding desire to be a part of Emilia's life, it's understandable and makes total sense if you consider that he actually loves her. None of us are perfect and we all make mistakes. I think it's perfectly acceptable and relatable for Subaru to be hysterical and make stupid decisions.

Jun 25, 2019 12:35 PM

Oct 2016
Some characters that I love but a lot of people seem to hate:
* Taiga Aisaka - Toradora
* Nagisa Furukawa - Clannad
* Nico "Nico Nico Nii" Yazawa - Love Live School Idol Project
English dubs can be just as good as the original Japanese.
Jun 25, 2019 9:05 PM
Jul 2018
Two of the villains from Persona 5. They're only liked for being diabolical rather than having character potential. Although I could totally flesh out Kamoshida in my own canon. I'm not the only one who feels this way but it's awkward trying to explain to anyone how and why I like him out of the two I am inclined towards. I also see potential in Shido to be more fleshed out but Kamo is probably the one I focus the most on. Skyscraper volleyball weirdo really makes me feel ways I should not and I love him way way more than I ever wanted to. It wasn't initial, it grew overtime like a tumor, didn't even like these two at first. I even bought an official plushie of Kamo (which is a thing that exists, and yes, it is official merchandise) and am hopefully getting it shipped to me soon. God help me.

I think I am legitimately disgusting for thinking this sometimes. If I run across someone like me who actually likes one or both of them for reasons other than to mock or jeer them then I feel less disgusting. And then I go right back to feeling disgusting. Not the first case of the fandom telling me I should love-hate characters, instead of actually like them, but feeling awkward about my other inclinations besides just character development. What is wroooong with me?
removed-userJun 25, 2019 9:10 PM
Jun 25, 2019 9:23 PM

Oct 2014
Griffith. Sure, the hate for him isn't completely unwarranted, but I think that those who truly despise him might need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture of things.
Jun 25, 2019 9:25 PM

Dec 2017
Kuwabara from Yu Yu Hakusho. I get sad when my orange punk gets hates. ;A;
Jun 25, 2019 9:30 PM
Dec 2017
Nagito Komaeda: I love him and lots of other people do as well...but there are lots of people who also can't stand him. I don't blame them either... At first, I liked him, then I didn't... Then, I just decided to like him, flaws and all.

Kokichi Oma: He's actually only in an anime video game but he's pretty much the same as Nagito. Kokichi lies a lot so he's always causing problems but he can be pretty freaking funny!

Ganta Igarashi: I don't love him but I also don't hate him. People call him whiny but come on... He's like 14 years old convicted of a crime he didn't commit and then he has to struggle just to survive... I don't blame him for being that way. Plus, the fact that he's like that just makes him so much cooler when he does something for a change!
Jun 25, 2019 9:53 PM
Jan 2019
Shigechi. He was a greedy bastard at his introduction, sure, but deep inside, he was just a nice kid.
Jun 26, 2019 10:55 AM

Mar 2015
Caster and his master from Fate/Zero. They're both fucked in the head but they're so fun to watch.

Fugo from JoJo. Whenever I see someone bully my little cheese boy it breaks my heart. Y'all would've done the same thing in his situation.
Jun 26, 2019 11:05 AM
Apr 2018
Melromarc, Malty hahahaha i like the design
Jun 26, 2019 11:08 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
They’re not widely hated, but Tsukuyo from Gintama and Lenalee from D. Gray-Man. Its so annoying to see butthurt people hating them for daring to have feelings for the MC (especially the fujoshis). Also, Lenalee is a sweet and kind girl, she did nothing wrong.

Hakuryuu from Magi. I wouldn’t blame him for

As for the other way around, it would be Bakugou for obvious reasons and Sinbad (Magi) for how he turned out in the final arc.
LeonhartAugustJun 26, 2019 11:23 AM
Jun 26, 2019 11:26 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
TTU55Otaku said:
Yosuke Hanamura from Persona 4. A lot of people hate him in the west for being a "homophobe and a sexist douche" but I really don't think so. He's just acting like a normal high school kid would TBH.

I personally like him, you’re not alone :)

Gem said:
Generally, tsunderes (with the exception of a few tsunderes I absolutely detest). They're so cute, the way they appear so cold, but deep down, are actually so sweet.

The hate on tsunderes is so overwhelming. I kind of like tsunderes myself (both male and female). If anything, kuuderes are overrated. I can’t bring myself to like a character who barely shows his/her emotions.
Jun 26, 2019 11:34 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
miura, lel

it's amazing how a character so blatantly designed to be made to look foolish and inadequate before the character the series ostensibly wants to sell the audience on very hard ended up being the only likable character in the whole series to me

i feel like her generally very present focused and in-the-moment perspective, as well as her insular mindset towards the group of people she's come to befriend and trust and prioritizing them over people who aren't exactly relevant to her, would have much more credibility than the series itself would have ever bothered to display had they extrapolated on it further, but since this is oregairu it's not exactly capable of doing anything on that level of presenting validity to any viewpoints or perspectives other than the one the author already clearly possesses

feels like they also really tried to play her up as a bitch but they ended up making her come off as a competitive lionness of a woman who could simultaneously function in a group without needing to exert absolute control over everyone, while still being capable enough of handling crowd control elements and dealing with people in a leader-like fashion when the time calls for it, which in of itself i respect immensely

or she could've been if, again, the series gave her grander purpose than "looks like a popular girl we can put beside the more popular chad character and have a stereotype and then we can also drive her before yukino as much as possible to try to, very vapidly and superficially, try to make yukino look as intelligent as we could," she had more than a few flashes of serious potential that went totally and utterly wasted because of the perspective the series very much wants to put in a benevolent light

multi-talented individual, regional tennis champ, able to put on musical performances, so on and so forth, which in of itself displays a sort of aptitude for learning in both fields such as the arts and things more athletic in nature, which in turn with my belief that her life philosophy is something that has more credibility than oregairu was willing to explore, leads me to believe that she has more wits about her than the series really acknowledged beyond doing this

i'm also kind of sympathetic towards her in terms of audience reaction, because it kind of sucks watching her be reduced down into the exact stereotype of what people want her to be, right down to the point where it shows that in her MAL DB description, which is nothing short of hyperbolic and rooted in one scene of conflict that didn't even have any implications that would entail what this DB and others say about her, almost like she's hugely misunderstood and whittled down into nothingness to fit the viewpoint of what the audience wants her to be rather than what she actually displayed at points, which the series itself did what it could to propagate admittedly, but hey, it's okay to treat the blond popular girl who wins at things and cares about her appearance as if they can be reduced into absolute nothing-ness, even if the 13k favorite character she's often meant to look inferior to starts off with the tragic backstory of "people hate me because i am beautiful and talented" and such, 'cept there it was totally just 'cause jealousy, because what the fuck is self-awareness in a series like oregairu

just goddamn 1 2 3

they also showed flashes of kindness coming from her that gets downplayed a lot whenever people try to remember her character, but ultimately things like her giving water to a competitor and expressing concern over their health are irrelevant to why i like her as much as i do

so yeah, people meme on me about miura being a background character with no relevance or a bitch or whatever but nah, she's legitimately fucking fantastic

hate her for being the pretty popular girl that people despised back in school all you please, 'cause at the end of the day it's just narrative presentation guiding people to that conclusion and the people in general failing to look beyond what it wants to communicate to the audience :>

ManabanJun 26, 2019 11:58 AM

Jun 26, 2019 11:47 AM
Aug 2018
Gabriel form "Gabriel Dropout"

Not sure if people hate him but Garou from "One punch man"
Jun 26, 2019 11:52 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
neogalfen25 said:
Melromarc, Malty hahahaha i like the design

i mean hey, she's best shield hero girl

and i'm totally not saying that because i found pics of her as a schoolgirl on danbooru that i found mega-attractive or anything

actually yeah, that's exactly why i'm saying that, she's a horrible villain on par with the guy from the second half of SAO, but she looks good, and having that in of itself is having more going on for her than any of the other shield hero girls have going on for them, lel

Jun 26, 2019 12:05 PM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
Kacchan/Bakugou from My Hero Academia.

Whenever I say that he's my favorite character from MHA, I'm getting looked at like I just committed a horrible crime. He's a very unlikable character with his aggressive attitude, so I can see why'd you hate him, but he's the most interesting character in the anime/manga. There's more to him than just him being a little bitch (like actually being very insecure inside), I just love him so much.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Jun 26, 2019 12:05 PM
Jul 2018
karkeris said:
No I don't think people hate Garou. He's fascinating.

A lot of folks hate on Midoriya for being a generic shounen protag. I like him, though. Other shounen protags only appear to be inspiring, while Deku continues to inspire all his mates in wonderful ways without coming off as obnoxious.
Jun 26, 2019 12:11 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Haptism93 said:

Whenever I say that he's my favorite character from MHA, I'm getting looked at like I just committed a horrible crime. He's a very unlikable character with his aggressive attitude, so I can see why'd you hate him, but he's the most interesting character in the anime/manga. There's more to him than just him being a little bitch (like actually being very insecure inside), I just love him so much.

Assholes don’t always make interesting characters. There’s nothing interesting about him, he has no personality outside of being a bully.

And for fuck’s sake, insecurity is not a fucking excuse for treating others like shit. I have low self esteem but I don’t put others down or act like literal human garbage to make myself feel better.
Jun 26, 2019 12:15 PM
Sep 2017
Sasuke, like cmon why the people hate him so much, he lost everything it makes sense that he would be that way when he grew up.
Jun 26, 2019 12:20 PM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
MeisterDM said:
Haptism93 said:

Assholes don’t always make interesting characters. There’s nothing interesting about him, he has no personality outside of being a bully.

And for fuck’s sake, insecurity is not a fucking excuse for treating others like shit. I have low self esteem but I don’t put others down or act like literal human garbage to make myself feel better.

See, we're just in the right thread for that. :p

No, being an assholes doesn't make you an interesting character, that is indeed correct.

At the beginning, I didn't like Bakugou at all - he was just a bully, was aggressive and I was like "Could you just stop with your attitude please?" However, the longer I was reading and watching MHA and the more they showed from him, the more he grew on me.
Being insecure is not a reason for being a bully, that is also correct and I never said that (I'm one of the most insecure persons you could find and I'm also not an asshole), but people can actually go through a change and the more was revealed about him and his feelings, the more I liked him.
Some people have difficult personalities, and Bakugou is one of these people for sure.

However, if you hate a character in the beginning, but the writing makes that character likable without them having a complete change of heart, it's interesting.

As I said, I can see why people don't like him, but personally, I don't think he is just a bully and an asshole. And you couldn't make me think otherwise, I think he's a great character from a story perspective.
Haptism93Jun 26, 2019 12:25 PM

You had no mercy for me
Love me mercilessly
Jun 26, 2019 12:25 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Haptism93 said:
MeisterDM said:

No, being an assholes doesn't make you an interesting character, that is indeed correct.

At the beginning, I didn't like Bakugou at all - he was just a bully, was aggressive and I was like "Could you just stop with your attitude please?" However, the longer I was reading and watching MHA and the more they showed from him, the more he grew on me.
Being insecure is not a reason for being a bully, that is also correct and I never said that, but people can actually go through a change and the more was revealed about him and his feelings, the more I liked him.
Some people have difficult personalities, and Bakugou is one of these people for sure.

However, if you hate a character in the beginning, but the writing makes that character likable without them having a complete change of heart, it's interesting.

As I said, I can see why people don't like him, but personally, I don't think he is just a bully and an asshole.

(Unrelated) you talk about change but I have bad news for you, I’m far from a forgiving person and I refuse to forgive people who treat me like garbage. I wouldn’t forgive real bullies, why would I come to like a fictional bully?

Bakugo is, was, and will be always be garbage in my eyes. I have more sympathy for characters like Dio (Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure) and Ali al Sachez (Gundam 00) and they were written to be the lowest of the low. Thats how much I hate him.

Another thing is that he has a better life than most people and is well off in general but he’s still a POS. He’s far, far worse than Shinn Asuka from Seed Destiny. Almost everyone bashes on him, but at least Shinn has a reason to be angry and upset - he saw his family brutally murdered in front of him in a war.
LeonhartAugustJun 26, 2019 12:30 PM
Jun 26, 2019 12:32 PM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
MeisterDM said:
Haptism93 said:

Being insecure is not a reason for being a bully, that is also correct and I never said that, but people can actually go through a change and the more was revealed about him and his feelings, the more I liked him.

As I said, I can see why people don't like him, but personally, I don't think he is just a bully and an asshole.

(Unrelated) you talk about change but I have bad news for you, I’m far from a forgiving person and I refuse to forgive people who treat me like garbage. I wouldn’t forgive real bullies, why would I come to like a fictional bully?

Bakugo is, was, and will be always be garbage in my eyes. I have more sympathy for characters like Dio (Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure) and Ali al Sachez (Gundam 00) and they were written to be the lowest of the low. Thats how much I hate him.

See, "in your eyes". You're saying it yourself, so why should I have the exact same opinion as you?

The thread is called "Characters you love, but many people hate". I gave my opinion and my reasons without expecting other people to think the same.

I don't want to turn that discussion into something about bullying, but I actually had a lot to say about that, also in relation to "fictional" bullies. You probably wouldn't agree with some of my opinions, but we can continue privately if you would want to hear my opinion (unlikely :p). I just don't want to derail this thread that much.

Edit: Well, I found out how much you really hate Bakugou (=even writing blog posts about him, that is what I call ambitious). That's on you, hate him as much as you want, I wouldn't want to make you think otherwise. However, don't try to force your opinion on others, and accept that there are people who actually like Bakugou as a character. Most people liking him are fully aware that he was never intented to be a lovey-dovey character.
Haptism93Jun 26, 2019 2:04 PM

You had no mercy for me
Love me mercilessly
Aug 3, 2019 9:36 PM

Dec 2015
I really like Misa Amane from Death Note ^_^
Aug 7, 2019 2:07 AM

Nov 2008
Flora/Nera from DQ5 - This is kinda cheating since it's originally a video game and only got a 3D movie recently but close enough. Her terrible crime of "not being Bianca" means she gets ignored and pushed aside by nearly all official media time and time again for over 25 years now, and fans consider her inferior to the point several anime have mentioned her only to have the punchline be "Bianca is better and Flora is for losers" which gets ridiculously annoying. Fuck that.

Sekai from School Days - Like Flora, the hatred is bad enough official stuff has kicked her out of the series and replaced her with her mom for disrespect points. Sekai isn't perfect and makes mistakes, but she's not that bad to get this treatment and that's even with anime and manga being biased against her, since the game makes clear Kotonoha is the worse person. But since Kotonoha has massive gazongas she gets a free pass. Double standard much.

Ume from Ben-To - THE most unfairly hated anime character of all time, no question. Dammit, folks, pay some attention to the show: the lead doesn't give a hoot about her hitting him because HE ENJOYS THAT! And even if he disliked it, well, there are dozens of violent anime girls who get a free pass. The fact there was one the same season this aired who got lots of undeserved love and praise makes this extra offensive. Not gonna say who, but she better live in INFAMY for all time.

Louise from Zero no Tsukaima - Aniother character hated because people don't pay attention. She only gets explodey when Saito does a dumb thing, which in the poorly written S2 and S3 is half the time. In S4 where he acts better Louise only gets explodey once. But sure, keep treating her as the epitome of unfair violent tsundere girls.

Mine from Akame ga Kill - Her crime is being a tsundere loli. That makes you more hateable than a guy who
. Makes perfect sense! Not. Her real crime is being the only female anime sniper without a sexy ass.

Luna from Mega Man Star Force - This had an anime so it totally counts. Like Mine, she's hated for being tsundere despite being a good one. Lame.

Haruna from To LOVE-Ru: Her crime is being nice and friendly. Somehow that makes her bland and awful. But the generic tsundere that hates sex and gets involved in the most generic possible chapters that could be about any other girl with minimal rewriting is not bland. Riiiight.

Any incestuous imouto - Learn to tell reality from fiction. Fictional incest harms nobody.

Any shy harem lead - They're better than perverted leads, who are usually far more annoying and get nothing done either.
Aug 7, 2019 7:49 AM

Oct 2015
i've always liked light and sasuke... and a lot people seemed to hate both of those characters.
⠀     ‧     ⠀
Aug 7, 2019 7:54 AM

Mar 2017
Fuwa Sho from Skip beat, most people (or everyone?) from the fandom hate him.
Aug 7, 2019 8:40 AM

Aug 2018
Riko from made in abyss would probably be my first pick, i get why a lot of people hate her but honestly shes such a sweetheart i couldnt possibly hate her in any way, also i saw a lot of of people calling her useless since reg often ends up saving the day, and without getting into spoilers, this is simply not the case, i see it as 2 characters who complete each others weaknesses with their own strong parts, riko with her knowledge and brain and reg with his survivability and strength
Aug 7, 2019 5:02 PM

Jul 2007
I love Ribrianne from Dragon Ball Super!

However the DB fanbase is retarded and likes to bitch about how fat she is.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Aug 8, 2019 9:34 PM
Aug 2018
karkeris said:
Gabriel form "Gabriel Dropout"

how tf do people hate gabriel man she's actually ideal waifu just chill and play games all day
a
Aug 8, 2019 9:44 PM

Aug 2009
Well, Kotonoha Katsura (my daughter) is from School Days and everyone hates School Days, so there's that. And I guess Elfen Lied's Lucy counts by the same logic.

Aug 8, 2019 9:46 PM

Mar 2016
Yuya Sakaki from Yugioh Arc V. He's clearly overhated.
Nov 18, 2019 9:59 PM
Oct 2019
Well,my is Subaru from Re:zero,Shu from Guilty crown and Eren from AoT,Their three doesn’t do anything wrong and still get hate.I am sympathetic to them and to me their are a realistic character.
Grey_SkyDec 27, 2019 6:32 PM
Nov 18, 2019 10:05 PM

Apr 2015
Kokoro from Darling in the FRANxx and Suzuki Kururugi from Code Geass. They aren’t annoying imo.

Although we part as I leave for Inaba,
where pines grow on the moutain peaks
If I am to hear that you pine for me
I shall come back to you again
Hyakunin Isshu (小倉百人一首):
Poem #16 "Tachiwakare"
©
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »

More topics from this board

» What if Your Favourite Anime had the Flaws of Your Least Favourite Anime?

APolygons2 - 2 hours ago

16 by FanofAction »»
6 minutes ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

36 by LostSpectre »»
8 minutes ago

» Tell me why older anime is better that newer anime. ( 1 2 )

fluffycow17 - Mar 24, 2021

60 by LostSpectre »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 25

71 by 23feanor »»
13 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

26 by FanofAction »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.