Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2014 12:10 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So we get the final stage in this finale.

Some of the scenes were well coordinated imo. Some others were not as good I guess. The music was probably the highlight like usual though. I give them a round of applause for the performances!
Jun 21, 2014 2:35 PM

Jul 2010
That was actually a decent ending.
Young Reiji could have stopped Kohinata if he really wanted to on the stage.
Seiso wins. Watching Kohinata with resolve and playing with confidence was actually pretty nice. Kinda want to see her play more now with that strength.

That magical ring bringing the themes always did seem kind of weird. Kohinata's performance at the end ^^

Going to give this a 7. Kohinata was a little annoying for the most part. Still, the music was pretty good and seeing some growth on the characters weren't all that bad.
Jun 21, 2014 3:37 PM
Aug 2011
Well that felt longer than ~23 minutes.

Not the worst show this season on my list, but dull is probably the simplest and best way I would personally describe this.
I have no interest in any of these characters and Reiji himself made me feel like dozing off in my chair.

Music above average.
Characters, sound (voices), art, and animation all below average.

A shame since I was hoping this would deliver a similar pleasant experience like the one I had while watching the other Kiniro no Corda.
Jun 21, 2014 4:10 PM
Dec 2011
I'm just mad that out of all the characters, Kiryia makes a cameo but not Kahoko?
Jun 21, 2014 5:42 PM

Sep 2012
A Kiriya appearance. Yes.

Kind of unsurprising that Seiso would win.
Jun 21, 2014 10:05 PM

Jul 2012
Okay. Deciding between 5 and 6 right now. It's a pretty average show with some nice things but yeah as parfaited said, it's quite dull. The main character is dull and most of the guys were average, with the except of a few but even my biases were still not that great for a reverse harem anime.

This was entertaining, I'd have to give it that point. I never knew classical music was so serious. LOOOL

The ED song is really nice. One of my favourite EDs of the season.

The musical repertoire was alright, but nowhere near Nodame Cantabile's selection which was so amazing. I wish the music would have been explained (like music history, meanings, chords, etc.) and could have been related to the characters stories in some way (other than that guy with the car accident..)
Jun 21, 2014 11:33 PM

Feb 2012
Nothing surprising at the end and throughout the anime... very expected. Just wished she could've picked one of the many guys who are fawning over her.

5/10
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jun 22, 2014 1:38 AM

May 2010
Alright finale, I guess.

It was a 5 - 5.5 for me start to end. I ended up comparing it to KamiAso in end (which was fab as compared to this) so dropped the score to 4.

Well, it sure was boring from start to end. Couldn't be compared to the original one till the end. If only they adapted it properly from the manga and kept Kanade's cheerful character...

Anyways, 4/10. I don't wanna even remember this, I shall erase it from my memories. I love its manga though. The only good thing about it was, I could do other things while watching it as there was not much to miss. Some of the pieces were entertaining as well.
TragicRomanceJun 22, 2014 1:44 AM
Jun 22, 2014 6:07 AM
Mar 2010
Oh my goodness, its FINALLY over.

Kanade was really annoying and I didn't care about the guys enough to like them. The anime was way too rushed, and back stories were just thrown here and there and didn't make much sense.

The only good parts was when I heard Len and Hihara speaking.

Animation was horrible at times but the music was ok.

Overall, yeah, I'll give it a 4.5/10. On MAL I'll give it a 5.

This is nothing, I repeat, NOTHING compared to the first TV series which I will watch again and remember how glorious the original Corda, which made me an anime fan, was.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jun 22, 2014 7:30 AM

Nov 2012
bleh. lame ending to a lame series. 3/10
Jun 22, 2014 8:08 AM
Jun 2014
Ihadhighhopesforthisrquelaswellimleftvrydisappoi
Endingbettthankamigami

Jun 22, 2014 10:07 AM
May 2010
This does not hold up to the previous season or the other reverse harem anime: kamigami no asobi.
Really who thought it was a good idea to make an adaption of three games at once?(yes there are three kiniro no corda 3 games, in each the heroine goes to one of those three schools.) this anime feels cluttered and rushed as hell, the guys are cute and all but still its just a huge mess.
6/10 thats all I will give this season I really hoped it would be better. :V
Jun 22, 2014 1:02 PM

Sep 2010
Average ending for an average series, but I absolutely loved the final version of the ending song. I need to download it.

5/10 Kagmigami was the better Otome adaption at least the guys had some form of development.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jun 22, 2014 3:11 PM
Sep 2012
5/10 because this felt dull and boring.
Jun 22, 2014 3:43 PM
Mar 2012
It was pretty lackluster throughout, Kanade to be honest was a somewhat boring character to flesh out. But I do love the music that comes with this series, it was a relaxing watch.
Jun 22, 2014 4:34 PM
Jul 2018
Seiso Academy won the competition. Kanade's solo performance at the end was pretty nice.
Jun 22, 2014 8:11 PM

Oct 2011
Wished to see Hino.
Jun 22, 2014 11:22 PM

Feb 2011
only great part of this whole series was music and the very interesting depictions of each song (albeit a bit corny). a very linear plot with each episode really about the championship, not much depth of character built. myoga is a great example of grudging anger... like whoa take it easy man, for 7 years u were this angry at a poor girl, yikes. he only redeemed himself in the end when he finally smiled.. like wow, you can actually be happy?!
kanade... she's... well i only saw two sides of her.. scared/unconfident and confident. thats...

as for the romance... she has the worst reactions to the guys advances.. pretty unrealistic. she jus kinda /really/ goes with the flow, which i think surprised me in the beginning when watching.

but yea, the only people that seemed more realistic... maybe too goody goody actually, were the shiseikan people.

the most random person in the series would probably be Nia tbh, I don't really see why she was that important.. i havent played the game, so maybe they just tried to get every character from the game into the anime... then again, i do have to keep in mind that 13 episode otome game adaptations arent always great (like one person said before me, kamiaso did do a better job).

loved the music A LOT. MUSIC from episode 8 (intro as well as that beautiful bach concerto) and danse macabre (that was a pain to learn when i was in orchestra ;A; )<333. was probably my favorite episode music-wise .
-tears up- c':

so to sum it up, this anime is a bit dull but is a feel good anime for people who dont want too much drama or anxiety and some great music. if u want the drama and anxiety i suggest the original la corda d'oro LOL
Cowboy_TanakaJun 22, 2014 11:26 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2014 11:25 PM

May 2010
watching this series almost make me sad cuz it doesn't have the same quality as the main series and i really love the main series but, the last 2 episode gave light to this anime and i was really happy about it, and the ending was really great, the animation was so good, and the music is love xD
AnimeFan500 said:
Wished to see Hino.

I'm wishing for this too thats too bad :(
Jun 23, 2014 1:53 AM

Jul 2013
Hmm. Okay, this show is Average. I really hoped that Kahoko make an appearance but not. The original La corda d' Oro is way better than this because the main character has a lot of development. But this spin-off is not bad. I will give it an 8/10. Nice ending.
"Anything is possible if you stop doubting yourself, so put some more faith unto you!"
Jun 24, 2014 3:17 AM
May 2014
I prefer the last symphony is Pomp and Circumstances with Ritsu also play in ensemble like in the game

Maybe because Kanade is Music Department student so she's not suffer like Kahoko who start violin after high school

But Kanade have a problem and the creator can't make her personality any better than Kahoko

This series is failed
Jun 24, 2014 12:33 PM

Jul 2012
xX_Ulquiorra_Xx said:
so to sum it up, this anime is a bit dull but is a feel good anime for people who dont want too much drama or anxiety and some great music. if u want the drama and anxiety i suggest the original la corda d'oro LOL

lolwat Blue Sky had so much melodrama, not in a good way.
Actually, both shows aren't great. Just watch Nodame Cantabile if anyone wants good music.
Jun 24, 2014 1:36 PM

Feb 2011

lolwat Blue Sky had so much melodrama, not in a good way.
Actually, both shows aren't great. Just watch Nodame Cantabile if anyone wants good music.

Ok, so i really did exaggerate that there was no drama... i guess, the original struck more of a chord (heh) for me. ill take ur advice on cantabile though, thanks, i was meaning to watch that one time or another.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2014 6:27 AM

Jan 2013
Finally! The mysterie of Kohinata's ring. I'm wondering; does Ritsu have a magic violin or can he play that good all by himself?

Too bad we didn't get to see more of the old La Corda D'Oro cast, I really wanted to know how they end up.

I'm disappointed that Kiniro no Corda ~ Blue Sky was so predictable. I think if they put more effort in the storyline and animation, they could do so much better. I'm glad it lasted only 12 episodes, I don't know if I could've sustained 26 episodes.
Jul 8, 2014 3:18 AM

Mar 2008
Mar 23, 2015 8:36 AM
Jul 2008
Did anyone notice? Almost all cast members from Primo Passo made a comeback in this series.

After noticing that, now I know what Nia's existence for. It's to give the old cast a position right?
Mar 15, 2016 10:06 PM

Jul 2009
All y'all agree it was shit then giving it a score more than 1.

1/10 I SAY! IF I COULD GIVE IT 0 I WOULD DAMMNIT.

Wtf was that. When did this come out...2014 and I finally got around to finishing it in 2016. Took me 2 years to finish those last two episode. The pain, the agony.
Nov 25, 2016 6:44 AM

Jun 2013
Decent ending
Was overall an okay series, definitely not bad, but not something I see myself watching again.
6/10

More topics from this board

» Fanservice/sexual content found in Kiniro no Corda (copied and pasted message template)

captaindirt1999 - Mar 19, 2017

0 by captaindirt1999 »»
Mar 19, 2017 10:46 PM

Poll: » Kiniro no Corda: Blue♪Sky Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2014

14 by SakurasouBusters »»
Nov 2, 2016 1:44 PM

Poll: » Kiniro no Corda: Blue♪Sky Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

21 by SakurasouBusters »»
Oct 26, 2016 7:24 AM

Poll: » Kiniro no Corda: Blue♪Sky Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 31, 2014

14 by SakurasouBusters »»
Oct 25, 2016 8:46 AM

Poll: » Kiniro no Corda: Blue♪Sky Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

12 by SakurasouBusters »»
Oct 24, 2016 1:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.