Forum Settings
Forums

Did you ever date a very negative or insecure person?

New
Jun 8, 2014 9:20 AM

Aug 2013
I have a few friends in particular that seem to always be throwing themselves a pity party. 99% of the time it's about them being single and how the world is so unfair and they'll have to die alone. Those friends finally get a date or even a boyfriend/girlfriend, and their insecurities just cause them problems. Like the kind of person who constantly talks like their partner must not really love them or want to be with them, because... who would?

Have you ever dated this kind of person? and if so, what kind of behavior just drove you nuts in specific? My husband can be very "woe is me" in regards to financial problems and his job, but -not- in regards to our relationship... so while I completely understand the frustration of dealing with all that pessimism, I don't really know the feeling of having a partner that is always insecure about your relationship. Ok, well we had moments here or there over the past decade, but it's not his general personality.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 8, 2014 9:22 AM

Jan 2012
No I date only positive - funny person.

look carefully at person and u will know if he is lazy, negative or positive

Jun 8, 2014 9:33 AM

Aug 2013
AllenVonStein said:
No I date only positive - funny person.

look carefully at person and u will know if he is lazy, negative or positive

You can be a negative person but funny >.< I consider my husband pessimistic, but he's the funniest person I've ever met. On the other hand, I'm pretty optimistic... but I really have no sense of humor to speak of.

My friends that are like that always seem to come to me for advice for some reason. We're not really close at all, they pretty much -only- talk to me when asking for relationship advice. I can tell my guy friends flat out that they really need to act a little more confident in a relationship. But at least one of my female friends... I feel like if I put it so blatantly, she'd go search for a bridge or something O.o and I have no problem imagining why she's still single when I'm afraid to be honest with her as just a friend.
Jun 8, 2014 9:34 AM

Aug 2013
JadeQuetzal said:
and they'll have to die alone.

Everyone dies alone, derp.
Jun 8, 2014 9:36 AM

Aug 2013
Kibura_Iburasa said:
JadeQuetzal said:

have it your way.... they'll have to grow old and die a bachelor/ bachelorette **
Jun 8, 2014 9:39 AM

Aug 2013
JadeQuetzal said:
Kibura_Iburasa said:

have it your way.... they'll have to grow old and die a bachelor/ bachelorette **

No seriously, everyone every single one of us is going to die alone. Its how life is, when you die you go alone doesn't matter if people are around you when you go you travel with a one seat ticket.

They can love people in life but they will die alone. So they are not wrong in saying it.
SpooksJun 8, 2014 9:42 AM
Jun 8, 2014 9:40 AM
Jul 2018
Nope, I don't have time for niggling people
Jun 8, 2014 9:43 AM

Aug 2013
Kibura_Iburasa said:
JadeQuetzal said:

No seriously, everyone single one of us is going to die alone. Its how life is, when you die you go alone doesn't matter if people are around you when you go you travel with a one seat ticket.

They can love people in life but they will die alone. So they are not wrong in saying it.

While we don't know for sure what happens after or if there is an after, I see what you're saying.... but you know they aren't being literal, and are expressing their fear for having to be lonely for the rest of their days. You're right, it should probably be "live alone", but I guess "die alone" just emphasizes that they'll be alone until death (which might also be a better way to put it).
Jun 8, 2014 9:48 AM

Oct 2012
I never dated anyone in my life. :<
Jun 8, 2014 9:49 AM

Aug 2013
JadeQuetzal said:

While we don't know for sure what happens after or if there is an after, I see what you're saying.... but you know they aren't being literal, and are expressing their fear for having to be lonely for the rest of their days. You're right, it should probably be "live alone", but I guess "die alone" just emphasizes that they'll be alone until death (which might also be a better way to put it).

Meh sayings never are ones to make much sense more an impact.

As for the topic no Ive never dated someone negative, never dated. I am a negative person mainly but I certainly wouldn't give it up to appear happy go lucky just to get a date. I'm ok with 'dying alone' though.
As for your friends, tell them life does not mean you are entitled to romance, love or companionship you want it go get it, if you don't then shut it and carry on been negative.
Jun 8, 2014 9:53 AM

Mar 2014
Nah, never had a date before. Probably because I'm negative and insecure.
Jun 8, 2014 9:54 AM

Jan 2014
Kibura_Iburasa said:
JadeQuetzal said:

Suicide bombers can help fix that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2014 9:56 AM

May 2013
judals said:
Kibura_Iburasa said:

ure crazy mate
Jun 8, 2014 9:58 AM

Jan 2014
burrit0 said:
judals said:

ure crazy mate

He doesn't want to die alone, no? ;-)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2014 10:00 AM

Aug 2013
LadyRenly said:

Jun 8, 2014 10:20 AM

Mar 2014
Kibura_Iburasa said:
LadyRenly said:

Damnit, I so have a crush on Joey >_>
Jun 8, 2014 10:23 AM
Jan 2014
Kibura_Iburasa said:
JadeQuetzal said:

arguing semantics.

I think that attitude is part of what Jade adresses.

To answer your question, Jade: no, I havent. I only dated positive persons so far.
Jun 8, 2014 10:30 AM

Apr 2014
All girls are insecure in middle school.

Once upon a time i had those problems too
If two people are meant to be together that negativity and insecurity won't last

Jun 8, 2014 10:34 AM

Mar 2013
No, but it sounds like hell.
Jun 8, 2014 10:35 AM

Aug 2013
Heikin_kokosei said:
All girls are insecure in middle school.

Once upon a time i had those problems too
If two people are meant to be together that negativity and insecurity won't last

My friends that are like that are in their 30s and 40s. It makes me wonder, though, how 2 equally negative people would get along in an intimate relationship? I'd assume it would be double trouble... but then again, they might click because of a deeper understanding of one another?
Jun 8, 2014 10:38 AM

Nov 2008
I can date an insecure person but not a negative one, I need an optimistic partner to counter my realism and pessimism.

Jun 8, 2014 10:40 AM

Aug 2013
Hoppy said:
I can date an insecure person but not a negative one, I need an optimistic partner to counter my realism and pessimism.

What if the other person is saying the same thing, then you'll never get a date lol
Jun 8, 2014 10:49 AM

Mar 2014
Yeah, still am. tho, Its not a big issue like it was when we first started.
Jun 8, 2014 10:50 AM

May 2010
<---- never dated anyone . Forever alone .
Jun 8, 2014 10:50 AM

Nov 2012
My waifu is very insecure, I must tell her my love everyday.
Jun 8, 2014 10:51 AM

Oct 2013
People still date?
Jun 8, 2014 10:54 AM

May 2013
yeah it's a real downer when the person you're trying to go out with just starts crying randomly all the time because they fear losing their popularity due to going out with you. -_-
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Jun 8, 2014 10:54 AM

Feb 2013
I never had any date.
Jun 8, 2014 10:56 AM

Aug 2013
OnlyEpix said:
yeah it's a real downer when the person you're trying to go out with just starts crying randomly all the time because they fear losing their popularity due to going out with you. -_-

Dayum have more self respect and date people who aren't like that.
Jun 8, 2014 11:00 AM

May 2013
Kibura_Iburasa said:
OnlyEpix said:

she was really cute, i just had no idea how to handle it once that happened. telling her to 'be in the moment' didn't work too well haha...
I CELEBRATE myself,
Jun 8, 2014 11:02 AM

Aug 2013
OnlyEpix said:

Wait... seriously? And you just put up with being told that? Insulting and demeaning doesn't even begin to cover it o.O I hope you're not still with her. She sounds like a dreadful person...
Jun 8, 2014 11:05 AM

Nov 2013
LadyRenly said:
Kibura_Iburasa said:

Damnit, I so have a crush on Joey >_>
Why does nobody ever ask Joey, how he's doing?
Jun 8, 2014 11:06 AM

Aug 2013
OnlyEpix said:
Kibura_Iburasa said:

she was really cute, i just had no idea how to handle it once that happened. telling her to 'be in the moment' didn't work too well haha...

Should have told her to stick her popularity where the sun don't shine instead.
Jun 8, 2014 11:07 AM

May 2013
JadeQuetzal said:
OnlyEpix said:

Wait... seriously? And you just put up with being told that? Insulting and demeaning doesn't even begin to cover it o.O I hope you're not still with her. She sounds like a dreadful person...

'dreadful' is the word, lol. i didn't take it too hard though because after all i was just psyched that i got with her in the first place ;) but yeah, not too much you can do when somebody is gonna just turn their back on you so rapidly.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Jun 8, 2014 11:08 AM

May 2013
Kibura_Iburasa said:
OnlyEpix said:

Should have told her to stick her popularity where the sun don't shine instead.

well that's exactly what happened, lol
I CELEBRATE myself,
Jun 8, 2014 11:15 AM

Aug 2013
OnlyEpix said:
i didn't take it too hard though because after all i was just psyched that i got with her in the first place ;)

Then you need to build self confidence first before you consider dating again.
Jun 8, 2014 11:20 AM

May 2013
Kibura_Iburasa said:
OnlyEpix said:
i didn't take it too hard though because after all i was just psyched that i got with her in the first place ;)

Then you need to build self confidence first before you consider dating again.

you may be reading the situation incorrectly, it took plenty of self confidence to even ask her out to begin with, is what i am saying. and from there i just kept a positive mindset. i mean, if it was in the cards i wouldn't mind hooking up with her again >_>

i still see her around sometimes ;;D
xMizu_Jun 8, 2014 11:24 AM
I CELEBRATE myself,
Jun 8, 2014 11:21 AM

Mar 2014
The more i read, the more that the struggle becomes real.
Jun 8, 2014 5:57 PM

Apr 2014
I've dated a very insecure girl before, worked out well because i gave her confidence in herself and she made me have ambitions and goals. We were together for several years.
Jun 8, 2014 6:07 PM

Feb 2013
Once. A long time ago. After that I made it a point to avoid them. It was always about her looks. She kept saying she didn't feel pretty enough even though (and I have very high standards) I assured her she was, but she kept going on and on about it to the point I couldn't tell if srs or not srs.

In the end, I did tell her I wanted to split up, not because she wasn't attractive to me, but because no matter how much I told her she was, she'd say she didn't feel like it and it was driving me up the wall.

She's a mom now and not so pretty anymore. Meth'll do that to ya, I guess. Heard the guy she hooked up with after me got her into it.

Ain't nobody got time for dat.
Jun 8, 2014 6:57 PM

Feb 2014
NTAD said:
Once. A long time ago. After that I made it a point to avoid them. It was always about her looks. She kept saying she didn't feel pretty enough even though (and I have very high standards) I assured her she was, but she kept going on and on about it to the point I couldn't tell if srs or not srs.

In the end, I did tell her I wanted to split up, not because she wasn't attractive to me, but because no matter how much I told her she was, she'd say she didn't feel like it and it was driving me up the wall.

She's a mom now and not so pretty anymore. Meth'll do that to ya, I guess. Heard the guy she hooked up with after me got her into it.

Ain't nobody got time for dat.
Well she has time since she's probably up 5 days straight at a time.
flaxman85 said:
slice of life = slice of waste my fucking time

brb grown ass men getting a hard on watching little pubescent girls playing music al instrument or doing random shit in school

wtf is this shit

fuckthisgayearth.gif
Jun 8, 2014 8:04 PM
Jan 2014
No, I know a few which annoy the fuck out of me.

I don't mind negativism or insecurity in someone, since we all have a bit of it, what I find annoying is that some of them take insecurity and negativity to extreme levels. Yes that does annoy me.
Jun 8, 2014 8:21 PM

Oct 2012
i never dated before but if i did i would date a realistic person
RRRRRRRRRR
Jun 8, 2014 8:36 PM

Jan 2011
I don't want to date someone who bums me out.
Jun 8, 2014 8:38 PM

Oct 2012
I had that problem once with an ex of mine not too long ago.
She had problems with her past and she always brings it up as a reason as to why she's not good enough nor deserves happiness and such things, even though she knew I have a nihilist and knew that what happened in her past doesn't bother me in the slightest and knows that I accept a lot of things. In the end we broke up because it got too much and she wouldn't even acknowledge the fact that I have accepted her long ago and some other personal problems.

Other than her, I've dated some people that were negative but I like those kind of people.
Jun 8, 2014 9:31 PM

May 2010
Yeah. It was hell. It was like balancing the world on my fingers. Don't want to do that again. Constantly trying to fix things that aren't even broken. Constantly sacrificing my time and desires for mere reassurance. The problem is that people like me get hooked to people like that. It's crazy but people like me become dependent on this shit, and we trap ourselves into it thinking it's worth it somehow.

I don't need someone perfect. Hell some of the things I want are what most would call flaws. But I'm not going to deal with someone who has such a tiny and fragile world. Not anymore.
Jun 8, 2014 10:06 PM
Jul 2018
I am that person.
*sob*
Jun 8, 2014 10:17 PM

Mar 2013
beavis2323 said:
i never dated before but if i did i would date a realistic person

Yo dawg tell dem gurls about yo post count and they be drippin yo
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Jun 8, 2014 10:20 PM

May 2010
Meokii said:
I am that person.
*sob*

:(

Don't make me feel guilty!!!
Jun 9, 2014 3:03 AM

Jan 2014
What's so bad about negativity/insecurity? It probably means that the other person really likes you and is afraid to lose you. It's up to you to make that person believe in you and lose their insecurity.

The problem is the media that always makes fun of those kinds of people. But as for me, I'd rather be with a person like that than with some arrogant "oh, I'm da best, everyone loves me"- type of person.
The writer who penned Clashing Feelings. You can buy the light novel on Amazon.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» How much of your personality should be in your writing?

Nette - 8 hours ago

5 by Icymatika »»
2 minutes ago

» "IT'S KILLING TIME, BABY!"

LenRea - Yesterday

18 by SimplyBrazen »»
5 minutes ago

» What is one thing you miss about being a kid?

Yuno - Sep 19

49 by DesuMaiden »»
29 minutes ago

» Halloween month

RuneRem - Oct 1, 2023

36 by Zarutaku »»
53 minutes ago

» Human Breast Milk

vasipi4946 - Aug 20

36 by LeDemiurge »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.