Forum Settings
Forums
A Silent Voice
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 3, 2014 5:47 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Ah friendship is such a wonderful thing..

The connection got interesting.
Jun 4, 2014 11:27 AM

Jan 2014
well finally the moment arrived and now cant wait to read next chapter. I still dont really like satoshi but will see
Jun 4, 2014 1:26 PM

Aug 2013
as Ishida said Kawai is really disgusting
the big issue that she can't even recognize her true color and that she bullied Nishimiya like anyone else
its make me sick
and on other hand Ueno start to admit it :3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2014 2:48 PM

Aug 2013
Well that happened...
Jun 4, 2014 3:21 PM

Apr 2010
This is just going in circles.
Jun 4, 2014 9:09 PM

Nov 2012
Ishida was making so much progress too. This chapter was upsetting :(
Jun 4, 2014 11:03 PM

Aug 2012
All hell went loose in this chapter.
Jun 4, 2014 11:04 PM

Oct 2013
dam the whole group just came apart. X's popping up everywhere
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 4, 2014 11:07 PM
May 2011
The whole group was never that strong in the first place. Only the relationship between Shouko, Shouya, and Yuzuru is strong.
Jun 5, 2014 12:17 AM

Dec 2013
Wow, everything turned to shit. I've been thinking this for a few chapters now, but he should have been the one to come clean about the bullying. When Mashiba tells him, "Oh, well Kawaii told me about what happened". No, fuck that. Ishida should have have been the one to tell them. Kawaii is so far in denial about her involvement in the bullying that she could have pulled all sorts rubbish out of her ass, and try to pass it off as the truth.

It's sad to see Ueno's effort go to waste, and also puts her character into perspective, seeing as she was sincerely trying to help Ishida fix his relationship with the others. I know she hasn't yet apologized to Nishimiya for her involvement in the bullying, but as far as I'm concerned that "X" on her face no longer exists.
Kuro_YuukiJun 5, 2014 2:42 AM
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Jun 5, 2014 1:39 AM

Oct 2009
Ueno is better than I thought.
Jun 5, 2014 1:43 AM

Jul 2012
I liked this chapter. It showed that all that "friendship" was a lie lined with fear and anger. I still don't get what Nishimiya see in her past torturer, stockholm syndrome or something? I'm curios what will happened next.
Jun 5, 2014 2:02 AM
May 2011
She seen that he changed and he did. They are left together still, it's a true friendship they have right now. The ones without it is gone at the moment.
Jun 5, 2014 4:26 AM

Apr 2013
I really liked this chapter and i'm not sure why LOL

Jun 5, 2014 5:10 AM

May 2013
I really hate them and can't wait for the next chapter :<
Jun 5, 2014 5:56 AM

May 2013
A really depressing chapter. Well, I feel bad a lot for Nagatsuka who has no idea what the heck is going on with his group.

Reasons please. Resonate out Kawai and Shimada. Also, Ueno *sniffs*
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 5, 2014 6:23 AM

May 2007
This was a great chapter, I'm not sure what to make out of Nishimiya's reactions at the end of the chapter, I hope she's just worried about Ishida and feels sorry for her but she's seems shaken and confused. Hoping the next chapter might clear that up for me.

Mashiba the outsider...I liked how Yuzuru questioned him.

Did anyone read chapter 38.5?? It was pretty damn sweet.
Jun 5, 2014 6:45 AM

Sep 2013
JCDRANZER said:
This was a great chapter, I'm not sure what to make out of Nishimiya's reactions at the end of the chapter, I hope she's just worried about Ishida and feels sorry for her but she's seems shaken and confused. Hoping the next chapter might clear that up for me.

Mashiba the outsider...I liked how Yuzuru questioned him.

Did anyone read chapter 38.5?? It was pretty damn sweet.

I think that Nishimiya is angry because Ishida isolated himself and I think that this summer it's going to be the time where Ishida and Nishimiya are gonna be together or both are gonna talk everything and that Ishida forgives himself.
Jun 5, 2014 8:04 AM

Mar 2014
Hope next chapter is happier.
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Jun 5, 2014 8:25 AM

Dec 2008
And just like that, everything fell apart.
Can't wait to see what will happen in the next chapter!
Jun 5, 2014 9:43 AM

May 2013
Good chapter. I guess Ishida ended all relations with the guys except for Nishimiya.
Jun 5, 2014 10:01 AM

Apr 2013
IM SO MENTALLY PUNCHING KAWAI RIGHT IN THE FACE.

At least Ishida said aloud what he was thinking. That's somehow relaxing!
Jun 5, 2014 2:40 PM

Sep 2013
Chokko said:
IM SO MENTALLY PUNCHING KAWAI RIGHT IN THE FACE.

At least Ishida said aloud what he was thinking. That's somehow relaxing!

can't agree with you more!! GAWD!! someone murder Kawaii for me!! She is in soo much denial.
But mahn, was this chapter depressing...
Jun 5, 2014 10:54 PM

May 2012
Dang...

Dat punch.

The crosses are back.

Shouko <3

8/10 for this chap.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jun 6, 2014 12:49 AM

Feb 2013
Well, I think we all knew that their little odd group of friends would start to collapse sooner or later once the past caught up with them. I've been waiting to hear the things Ishida said for a while now.

I still can't fully understand Mashiba. I don't know if by him being an outsider it meant that he didn't really care or what.

It seems next chapter will finally have some kind of actual development with Ishida and Nishimiya. Hopefully the week will go by fast!
Jun 6, 2014 6:19 AM

Mar 2010
''I'm just an outsider''.

I have never EVER seen in any context THAT LINE TO SOUND SO AWESOME!!

Holy .... !!!!

Eden2307 said:
Well, I think we all knew that their little odd group of friends would start to collapse sooner or later once the past caught up with them.

That's well said.

Eden2307 said:
I still can't fully understand Mashiba. I don't know if by him being an outsider it meant that he didn't really care or what.

I think that was the opposite - he does care. This is what i think: This is quite complicated. Mashiba is an outsider. And Kawaii and the girl with X, also the tall girl were outsiders. But notice the girls' and Mashiba's difference? Those girls back then did nothing good - they made the bullying worse or left when the one getting bullied needed help more then ever.
Mashiba actually did what should have been done in the first place. Mashiba punched him, hard. That's what you should do with bullies - teach them a hard lesson. Ishida got what he wanted (well he said he wanted to get punched, so he got it) and deserved, finally.

That's why that line sounded so awesome to me. I hope i understood it the right way.
Although that punch came a little too late.. maybe. Because it was all about the past.

Oh, and maybe the punch was just because Ishida offended Kawaii or because Ishida made the friendships fall apart.. But i think it actually had a deeper meaning which i mentioned before.

LylaazJun 6, 2014 6:42 AM
Jun 6, 2014 12:49 PM

May 2013
Lylaaz said:

Oh, and maybe the punch was just because Ishida offended Kawaii or because Ishida made the friendships fall apart.. But i think it actually had a deeper meaning which i mentioned before.

I think he did it just because he hates bullies. I wish he will see how bad is Kawai. Stupid b*. What about someone will ask Nishimiya what really happened? Even though it's maybe not polite...
Jun 6, 2014 2:31 PM

Jan 2014
I'm liking Ueno even more after this chapter. Man, those dialogues were intense.
Recommend me an anime
Jun 7, 2014 6:03 AM

Mar 2010
KajaKamisama said:
Lylaaz said:

I think he did it just because he hates bullies. I wish he will see how bad is Kawai. Stupid b*. What about someone will ask Nishimiya what really happened? Even though it's maybe not polite...

I think it isn't polite, right. I think they all should just put the past behind them and move on with the present. I dislike Kawaii, too but it's hard to change people... I think Nishimiya would be happy if everyone just let it go..
Jun 7, 2014 9:17 AM

May 2013
Lylaaz said:

I think it isn't polite, right. I think they all should just put the past behind them and move on with the present. I dislike Kawaii, too but it's hard to change people... I think Nishimiya would be happy if everyone just let it go..

You're right. I did many things as a child and nobody's judging me just because of that.
Jun 7, 2014 9:21 AM
Jul 2018
I'd say the big thing is Ishida forgiving himself and accepting others, rather than others forgiving him and accepting him. He was ready to kill himself until just recently so it's not something that would just go away after a trip to an amusement park with classmates. I wonder if Nishimiya will learn about that sometime soon.
Jun 7, 2014 9:57 AM

Feb 2013
Lylaaz said:
[spoiler]
I think that was the opposite - he does care. This is what i think: This is quite complicated. Mashiba is an outsider. And Kawaii and the girl with X, also the tall girl were outsiders. But notice the girls' and Mashiba's difference? Those girls back then did nothing good - they made the bullying worse or left when the one getting bullied needed help more then ever.
Mashiba actually did what should have been done in the first place. Mashiba punched him, hard. That's what you should do with bullies - teach them a hard lesson. Ishida got what he wanted (well he said he wanted to get punched, so he got it) and deserved, finally.

That's why that line sounded so awesome to me. I hope i understood it the right way.
Although that punch came a little too late.. maybe. Because it was all about the past.

[/spoiler]Hmm... I think I get what you mean. I didn't put much thought into it before, but I can kinda see that by Mashiba saying he was an outsider, he may have meant something along the lines of him seeing things differently, or on a clearer perspective than the people who had the history together. I don't know, something like that.

On another note, I wonder if Ishida's suicidal tendencies will make a return...
Jun 8, 2014 4:55 PM

Dec 2011
Uh oh. He is reverting back to the state he was in before.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2014 12:55 PM

May 2009
This chapter was good~
Jun 9, 2014 1:33 PM

Jul 2013
This chapter was a mess, not that it was bad. It was just...a mess.

I'm glad Kawai is being forced to look at how her "lack of" action affected others in the past. She's gotta realize at some point, you're not going to appease everyone by going along with the crowd.

Other than that, I wish Ishida didn't ostracize everyone else when he suddenly slipped into a depression. Sahara and Nagatsuka didn't deserve that treatment from him when they did nothing wrong. Mashiba...eh. I admire his ideals but I don't like how he immediately turns Ishida into an enemy because he was a bully in the past. He's too emotionally immature for my liking right now.

As for Ueno...

Kuro_Yuuki said:
It's sad to see Ueno's effort go to waste, and also puts her character into perspective, seeing as she was sincerely trying to help Ishida fix his relationship with the others. I know she hasn't yet apologized to Nishimiya for her involvement in the bullying, but as far as I'm concerned that "X" on her face no longer exists.

^that pretty much sums it up for me. If there's anyone you can trust it's people who are honest about how they feel, even if you did have some bad exchanges with them in the past. I'm almost positive that she'll turn from an antagonist to a protagonist - the only obstacle for her is how she feels about Nishimiya.

Nishimiya and Ishida at the end broke my heart. I'm glad they still care for each other. ;_;
Jun 9, 2014 11:35 PM

Aug 2013
So uh...nobody bothered to ask how Shouko and Yuzuru?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 12, 2014 6:19 AM

Oct 2013
YES HE LET IT OUT! Kawai is a bitch. Ueno has gotten better now.
Jul 9, 2014 9:26 PM

Jul 2012
Skullcrusher said:
Ueno is better than I thought.

She is the only one real, the other are perma lying imo
Sep 24, 2014 7:13 PM

Jul 2008
"Hey, who do you think you are?" Go Yuzu!
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Nov 14, 2014 2:17 PM

Nov 2012
Everyone's got X on their face now :(

Kawai a bigger bitch then before.

Ueno somewhat better.

"I'm an outsider." Not liking Mashiba,no more.

Ishida forcing a fake smile & Nishimiya totally sees it.
Nov 24, 2014 5:50 AM

Sep 2012
I knew it, coming to the bridge is a bad idea.

It's better if Shouya just sat there and say nothing, at least Ueno helped him.

I understand why Mashiba punched Shouya, he just want to feel better, Shouya either.
Dec 19, 2014 7:09 PM

Dec 2012
What's up with these chapter. This one really makes me cry :'(

- barely alive -
Jul 21, 2015 1:50 PM

Jan 2013
Fantastic chapter, get everyone out of the way.
Oct 16, 2015 3:48 PM

Dec 2013
Oh, That was so emotional...Even though it was bound to happen eventually, I almost cried...
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 1, 2015 1:45 AM
Jul 2018
The X are back again in their heads. :'< And Kawai tho, she still thinks she's a good person but she's also laughing when everyone bullied Nishimiya. I feel sorry for Ueno since her efforts to help Ishida is now gone to waste.
Nov 17, 2015 6:19 PM
Aug 2007
Jesus Christ, Kawai escalated that soooo quickly. I thought she had become a decent person, but the second she saw an opportunity, she instantly turned into a monster.

That said, this fallout between that group was expected, I never really felt at ease to see such a disjointed group of people be friends. Just didn't think it would happen like that.

I also think Ishida should have come clean to Mashiba when they were talking about the past by the vending machines.
Nov 26, 2015 9:05 AM

May 2015
This chapter hurt my heart.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Jan 26, 2016 12:01 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I always knew Kawai was a piece of garbage. She'll say anything to make sure it isn't her fault.

I have to give some respect to Ueno though, she tried to help and admitted to bullying. It's all Kawai's fault for it backfiring.

I really didn't expect everything to go down like that. This is a new low for the story, Ishida is going to have to pull off a miracle if things are going to get back to normal.
Apr 6, 2016 4:45 AM

Mar 2016
well that was utterly depressing
Apr 19, 2016 2:46 PM

Jan 2015
Lol I knew kawai was gonna be the one to f*ck everything up.

The two-faced girls that seem like a good girl but in reality their an a**hole are the absolute worse ones.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Difference?

Mangahater - Apr 19

9 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 20, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 62 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maerow - Nov 15, 2014

291 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 19, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 61 Discussion

Ana - Nov 9, 2014

45 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 19, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 57 Discussion

Maerow - Oct 11, 2014

40 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 19, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 50 Discussion

Ana - Aug 26, 2014

39 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 19, 3:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.