Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jun 10, 2014 9:59 AM

Mar 2009
Jun 10, 2014 10:04 AM

Feb 2008
Hystery said:
Zelda is prolly the only game that is enough to make me go buy a Wii U.

You're not the only one. That's why the Wii U is suffering. They are pushing system sellers further and further back. Only lunatics and game reviewers buy a system just for a Mario game. And sadly, a Wii U won't be worth owning before 2015. Smash Bros could have helped, but at this point, most people are just going to buy the 3DS version.

Sadly no Shin Megumi Tensai x Fire Emblem info. Kinda hoped for that.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jun 10, 2014 10:07 AM

Aug 2012
Nintendo's E3 Direct got me pretty hyped, gonna be broke this fall 2014 and 2015.
Jun 10, 2014 10:09 AM

Aug 2012
Devil's Third looks absolutely horrendous.
Jun 10, 2014 10:28 AM

Jul 2007
and Nintendo just blew away the competition.

There's no excuse to not own a Wii U now.

Fucking Devil's Third is Wii U exclusive now.

ALSO DAT FREAKING OPEN WORLD ZELDA:

there's quite strong speculation going on that instead of Link we actually are going to play actual female Zelda this time, considering how the hero in the trailer looks
AhenshihaelJun 10, 2014 10:36 AM
Jun 10, 2014 10:38 AM

Nov 2008
MS 5/10

Good

-The presentation

Bad

-Not a game in sight I want
-Too many FPS
-Too much emphasis on social aspects of gaming

Sony 7.1/10

Good

-Playstation TV is coming the US
-More info on PS Now

Bad

-Not an announced game in sight that appealed to me.

Nintendo 10/10

Exceptional

-Palutena in Smash Bros

Good

-Miis in Smash
-More Focus on WiiU
-The animation in the Smash reveal (Smash Bros anime when, it could just be 1 cour 13 minute shorts and do fine)
-The skits

Bad

none

Jun 10, 2014 10:40 AM

Jun 2011
Is there anywhere to just find the list of game reveals from E3? I can't stomach these conferences anymore.
Jun 10, 2014 10:55 AM

Sep 2007
Narmy said:
Is there anywhere to just find the list of game reveals from E3? I can't stomach these conferences anymore.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/27pbp2/official_e3_thread_day_1/ci343sp

Probably more reveals from games not included in the conferences.
Jun 10, 2014 10:55 AM

Feb 2010
Fai said:
and Nintendo just blew away the competition.

There's no excuse to not own a Wii U now.

You missed out what I think was Nintendo game of the show.

Splatoon.
Jun 10, 2014 11:01 AM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
I only care about Xenoblade Chronicles X.
Jun 10, 2014 11:05 AM

Jun 2011
Wasabi said:
Narmy said:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/27pbp2/official_e3_thread_day_1/ci343sp

Probably more reveals from games not included in the conferences.

Not much of interest to me there, as I expected. The Witcher 3 is pretty much the only game I am excited for.
Jun 10, 2014 11:10 AM

Aug 2012
Thread Merged

Shloppadop.
Jun 10, 2014 11:13 AM

Oct 2013
I have never expected to say that this year, but Nintendo owned Sony and Microsoft in my opinion. :D
Jun 10, 2014 11:17 AM

Feb 2010
Narmy said:

Not much of interest to me there, as I expected. The Witcher 3 is pretty much the only game I am excited for.

I hope you like this as much as me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L54s2m1dPs
Jun 10, 2014 11:20 AM

Mar 2009
Thank god based Nintendo saved E3.

I also enjoyed Dead Island 2, that trailer, and The Witcher 3 (more girls).

AC series seems to get better too, I didn't enjoy the last 2 settings.
Jun 10, 2014 11:20 AM

Nov 2008
Behemoth11 said:
I have never expected to say that this year, but Nintendo owned Sony and Microsoft in my opinion. :D

Nintendo won by default, all those games and reveals were infinitely better than the unappealing overtly Westernized crap Sony and Microsoft showed, I play games not pixels and all I seen from the both of them are nothing but pixels. The indies were mostly boring this time as well, not one I wanted.

Jun 10, 2014 11:22 AM

Aug 2012
live2win said:

Splatoon looks like an fresh innovative shooter, but i wonder if ppl will keep playing this.
Jun 10, 2014 11:52 AM

Jun 2008
I gotta admit, the Wii U was passable to mediocre with me all these years. But after this E3 they really redeemed themselves in my eyes. So much to look forward to on the console. :)
Jun 10, 2014 11:53 AM

Dec 2011
MrAwesome2014 said:
live2win said:

Splatoon looks like an fresh innovative shooter, but i wonder if ppl will keep playing this.

Heres to hoping it has a first person mode...
Jun 10, 2014 11:53 AM

Feb 2008
MrAwesome2014 said:

Best thing about this, you won't hear babbies swear because they lost.
Mostly because babby still hasn't learned to swear yet

I'd actually play it if it was 15-20$. 30$+ would be too much.

Jun 10, 2014 1:02 PM

Dec 2013
These games need to hurry up so i can play them.
Jun 10, 2014 1:10 PM

Jun 2011
They had to make Zelda an open-world, didn't they, because this fookin fad is not dead yet. Oh well, we'll see. Except for that... Xenoblade X, wow, what a let down... and that is all. What an exciti...

Meh, M$ sold me their Xbone this E3, Nintendo and the Wii U, nope.
Jun 10, 2014 1:28 PM

Oct 2011
LoZ was open world before a single line of code for Elder Scrolls was ever written, so that aspect isn't a huge deal.
Jun 10, 2014 1:48 PM

Jul 2007
_XYZ said:
They had to make Zelda an open-world, didn't they, because this fookin fad is not dead yet. Oh well, we'll see. Except for that... Xenoblade X, wow, what a let down... and that is all. What an exciti...

Good to see trolls still exist. Xbox sold you with what? More generic shitty fps games? Timed DLC exclusives for shitty games like EAware's crap?

Zelda One was open world. Every Zelda except the more linear Skyward Sword had open world elements. This simply takes it to next level.

Also you have to be insane or retarded to call the X reveal as "let down" considering every single person is hyped about what they saw.

Trolls gotta troll.
Jun 10, 2014 2:38 PM

Jun 2011
Fai said:
_XYZ said:

Good to see trolls still exist. Xbox sold you with what? More generic shitty fps games? Timed DLC exclusives for shitty games like EAware's crap?

Zelda One was open world. Every Zelda except the more linear Skyward Sword had open world elements. This simply takes it to next level.

Also you have to be insane or retarded to call the X reveal as "let down" considering every single person is hyped about what they saw.

Trolls gotta troll.

Troll, oh yeah, having my own opinion is being a Troll... Okay, noted. Shitty FPS game ? Because I have said that. They sold me with Inside, Ori and the Blind Forest, Scalebound (which is by PlatinumGames Inc. one of my favorite dev.). But okay, continue to be a condescending asshole while you don't know jack shit about my taste in video games.

Also The Legend of Zelda is my favorite franchise in video games, I have played all of them except I, II and Skyward Sword, and they were not open-world as they intend this one to be. Having open world elements is not being an open world.

Finally yes, X was a let down on multiple level, I'm still waiting for it but I'm not gonna buy a Wii U for it. Because you know, I'm not you nor "everyone", I have my own taste.

But continue on with your Ad Hominem...
Jun 10, 2014 2:40 PM

Jul 2007
Xenoblade Chronicles X - Enough said!

Jun 10, 2014 4:10 PM

Jul 2013
Glad I got my cheap WiiU when I did, Nintendo looking so much better than Xbone and PS4 right now. Outside of Bloodborne and maybe Scalebound, completely unimpressed.
Jun 10, 2014 4:19 PM

Dec 2013
All aboard the hype train!
I can't wait for like, all of these games. It sucks, though, that they'll come out late this year and next year when I won't be here to play them -_-
But really, Far Cry 4 looks amazing, and I can't wait for the Mirror's Edge remake. Not to mention what Nintendo's got going on, with Pokemon, Zelda, and Brawl. They're pretty much forcing me to buy a WiiU now.
"There are better places to take a nap than on the ground, you know."
Jun 10, 2014 5:41 PM

May 2008
Yes, new Tomb Raider... in 1 1/2 years. I'm not even including delays either. Anyways, Lady Croft is back! (I feel this one's going to be for PC, Xbone and PS4. It doesn't feel exclusive at all.)

Sony's presentation was 95% shooting games and the other 5% being indie/Ubisoft stuff. Oh, and Infamous: First Light. Really disappointing on their part.

Nintendo, though, won E3 hands down, which was so necessary for them. Zelda WiiU, Hyrule Warriors, Smash Bros, Splatoon, Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, Xenosaga Chronicles and the new Yoshi game are definitely eye openers. If I weren't such a huge fan of the Zelda franchise and Gen 3 of Pokemon, I'd say that Splatoon was the best they've shown us. It's the most creative "shooting" game I've seen in a long time. Plus the character designs are so cool!

On the topic of Miis being characters in Smash Bros, I think it was a smart decision to do that, since now we can create Miis of our favorite characters from any form of media and have them fight. Hell, I'd laugh if I saw a Nigel Thornberry Mii pull a SMASHING smash.

Those are my thoughts.

_XYZ said:
They had to make Zelda an open-world, didn't they, because this fookin fad is not dead yet.

I don't understand the issue here. Zelda being open-world was what the entire franchise was aiming for in it's long run. Plus, it's not fair to judge it so soon. We have so little information to work with, but because its an open world, you throw your hands up and say, "screw you, Nintendo you've ruined it."? Sounds kinda petty to me.
Jun 10, 2014 6:29 PM

Dec 2013
Rainbow Six Siege looks so freaking amazing!!!
Jun 10, 2014 7:16 PM

Jun 2011
NanoZero said:
_XYZ said:
They had to make Zelda an open-world, didn't they, because this fookin fad is not dead yet.

I don't understand the issue here. Zelda being open-world was what the entire franchise was aiming for in it's long run. Plus, it's not fair to judge it so soon. We have so little information to work with, but because its an open world, you throw your hands up and say, "screw you, Nintendo you've ruined it."? Sounds kinda petty to me.

Did you miss the "Oh well, we'll see" ? Or do you only read what you want and put word in my mouth ?
The direction they said they're taking doesn't go well with me, I do not like open-world games.
They only talked about that, I commented about that. When they'll talk about other things, I'll see. So far the art direction is really cool and that's the only things we have so I like one part of it and don't the other, that's all.
Jun 10, 2014 8:02 PM

May 2010
Nah I doubt Zelda is going to be anything like GTA or something like you seem to fear.

It's probably more like... there isn't only 1 entrance to some town. Like the entire town is secluded by mountains? Why does that make sense? It doesn't.

Think A Link to the Past. There was an exit in almost every direction.

The Wii U will probably take it one step further, and not much more. It seemed to be like they simply wanted to add this aspect for dungeons, and keep it the same as the old games for towns and stuff. Like you go into a dungeon and it's bigger on the inside? This isn't Doctor Who. It makes sense when you're underneath the well which is under the whole town, but not when you sail into a dungeon that's maybe about 3-5 sail boats in diameter but when you go inside it's waaay bigger.

All this said, I can understand why you're worried. I'm just trying to reassure you of some possibilities and some details, to hopefully make you feel better about it. Zelda's one of my favorites and I wouldn't want it to get all GTA'd.
Jun 10, 2014 9:22 PM
Nobody

Jul 2013
Jun 10, 2014 10:22 PM

Jul 2012
Nintendo won E3
I mean they have:
Xenoblade Chronicles X (This looks hype as heck)
Zelda Wii U (and it looks gorgeous)
Smash Bros. (more stuff shown)
Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (more stuff shown)
Star Fox Wii U (AWWWW YEEEAAAH Its not dead!)
Persona Q (Not shown at E3 but a new trailer was released)
_XYZ said:

Troll, oh yeah, having my own opinion is being a Troll... Okay, noted. Shitty FPS game ? Because I have said that. They sold me with Inside, Ori and the Blind Forest, Scalebound (which is by PlatinumGames Inc. one of my favorite dev.). But okay, continue to be a condescending asshole while you don't know jack shit about my taste in video games.

Also The Legend of Zelda is my favorite franchise in video games, I have played all of them except I, II and Skyward Sword, and they were not open-world as they intend this one to be. Having open world elements is not being an open world.

Finally yes, X was a let down on multiple level, I'm still waiting for it but I'm not gonna buy a Wii U for it. Because you know, I'm not you nor "everyone", I have my own taste.

But continue on with your Ad Hominem...

The original Legend of Zelda is open world.

EDIT: While I'm most happy with Nintendo, Final Fantasy Type 0 and Agito will be nice to have too. Will probably get a PS4 someday.
TrishaCatJun 10, 2014 10:47 PM
Jun 10, 2014 10:28 PM

Apr 2014
Hyped for play-doh Kirby
Jun 10, 2014 10:40 PM

Dec 2012
Zelda, Yarn Yoshi, Smash Bro's, No Man's Sky, Bloodborne and Halo 2 MP. That is all.
Uber_DewberJun 10, 2014 10:43 PM
Jun 11, 2014 12:18 AM
Nov 2008
_XYZ said:
i'll bite: what fad?
Jun 11, 2014 1:40 AM

Jul 2007
Zelda series producer: “No one explicitly said that that was Link.”

HOLY SHIT. THE SPECULATION IS REAL GUYS.
Jun 11, 2014 2:12 AM

Feb 2008
inb4 new Link is transgender and Nintendo wants to be hip with the kids on tumblr.

Jun 11, 2014 2:17 AM
Nov 2008
inb4 that 'link' is actually zelda and they're playing up the whole 'what, zelda is the girl?' thing from the nes/snes era.
Jun 11, 2014 2:26 AM

Sep 2011
I think xenoblade X is pretty much confirmed for best thing in exsistence

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 11, 2014 2:27 AM

Jul 2007
Heredity said:
inb4 that 'link' is actually zelda and they're playing up the whole 'what, zelda is the girl?' thing from the nes/snes era.

That is the speculation.

Link pulls his bow with his left hand in all the games.

The only character to be shown to pull the bow with right hand was Zelda.

The character in the trailer pulls the bow with right hand.

Would be hilarious if this time its Zelda saving Link, lol.
Jun 11, 2014 2:32 AM

May 2013
No not really it was the same old stuff.. alot of promises and they never back it up
Be It 10 or 1000 Men, The End Result Will Be The Same..
Jun 11, 2014 3:52 AM
May 2009
In a sense yes, and in a sense no. Its more of a conversation topic to look forward to with friends, rather then being excited about what is going to be announced.

I was kinda disppointed that Microsoft didn't perform as badly last year. Since that was a major discussion area last year. But atleast they learnt their mistakes, Though their concentrate of Games, left alot to be desired.

Sony was good. Alot of people mentioned that Sony waffled in the middle. Though I personally thought it was a decent move. Though the Presenter was not the best of choices for the middle segment.

Annoucements of New Sony Hardware, Prices and new games for its Vita range. It was short though, since I wanted to hear more about Vita releases.

Nintendo started off well with Smash but it kinda got dull with the Mario Maker.
Jun 11, 2014 5:17 AM

Feb 2014
Yeah, really excited for some of the upcoming games. So far I watched the Microsoft and Sony Press Conferences and they both showed some fairly impressive games. Good times coming ahead for gamers. Anyways a few of my favourites so far are:

Mortal Kombat X

Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFNDnUYvsTo

Been quite a while since the last Mortal Kombat game, really pumped for X.

Dragon Age Inquisition

Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnXlKrBItc0

Gameplay - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfGTtyYeO8E

Really enjoyed Dragon Age Origins. Inquisition looks really amazing and I'm really liking the new combat system.

The Order 1886

Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hxz8IWWzt8

Gameplay - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVSfjmB2yi0

Really interested in this game's premise.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1Rx-Bbht5E

Looking forward to seeing older Drake in a new adventure.

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kLAyzmWnk4

Lara's back.

The Witcher 3

Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0i88t0Kacs

Gameplay - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BivVXw-NLTw

Beautiful game. Possibly 2015 RPG of the year.

Far Cry 4

Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9al_k8e93I

Gameplay - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE69TPrkfcQ

Set in the Himalayas. That's fucking amazing.

No Man's Sky

Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLtmEjqzg7M

Creamed my underpants.
AzlanJun 11, 2014 10:13 AM
Jun 11, 2014 5:59 AM

Jul 2007
stealthdasher said:

Dragon Age Inquisition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnXlKrBItc0

Really enjoyed Dragon Age Origins. Inquisition looks really amazing and I'm really liking the new combat system.

enjoy your buttonmashy action hackandslash bullshit with emo teenager fanfic level of storyline, "edgy" characters and with absolutely no RPG elements nor any sight of actual tactical combat, then.

Inquisition looks like a complete rape of what was promising and awesome tactical crpg franchise. It looks nothing like Origins and all of Inqusition's developers deserve to be killed in gruesome ways for tainting what could have been next Baldur's Gate.

Fucking EA.

I will just wait for Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity. At least Obsidian still gets what TRUE rpg fanbase wants.
Jun 11, 2014 6:24 AM

Apr 2009
Says the T/M fan, oh the irony.

Pillars of Eternity looks good, though.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jun 11, 2014 9:06 AM

Dec 2012
Yo, what games are you guys disappointed about that weren't shown at E3 this year? I was crossing my fingers for an Alan Wake 2 (far-fetched, I know), a new Bioshock or a Majora's Mask 3D remake announcement.
Jun 11, 2014 9:40 AM

Jul 2007
Uber_Dewber said:
Yo, what games are you guys disappointed about that weren't shown at E3 this year? I was crossing my fingers for an Alan Wake 2 (far-fetched, I know), a new Bioshock or a Majora's Mask 3D remake announcement.

Alan Wake won't be continuing at least till the freaking Quantum Break is out of the way. Thank Microsoft for that.

I do not want to see a new bioshock, because the one without Levine's involvement(Bioshock seriously sucked). The only way I would accept bioshock like that is if we get Elizabeth as the playable lead again. Otherwise nope.

Majora's Mask remake would be pointless with new Zelda being made.

I expected Obsidian to showcase SOMETHING from Pillars of Eternity. I hunger for more info and gameplay of that. Also Mirrors Edge. And details for Oculus Rift Customer Version 1.
Jun 11, 2014 9:46 AM

Dec 2012
Fai said:
Uber_Dewber said:

Alan Wake won't be continuing at least till the freaking Quantum Break is out of the way. Thank Microsoft for that.

I do not want to see a new bioshock, because the one without Levine's involvement(Bioshock seriously sucked). The only way I would accept bioshock like that is if we get Elizabeth as the playable lead again. Otherwise nope.

Majora's Mask remake would be pointless with new Zelda being made.

I expected Obsidian to showcase SOMETHING from Pillars of Eternity. I hunger for more info and gameplay of that. Also Mirrors Edge. And details for Oculus Rift Customer Version 1.
I know, they really do need to get on Alan Wake.

I preferred Rapture, Big Daddy's and Little Sister's to anything in Infinite. I would like to see what new dev's could do with Bioshock.

Would not, many of us are hoping for one eventually and Nintendo has already sent out multiple hints towards it. It isn't idiocy to expect an announcement, although now it seems a bit more unlikely at least until Zelda U is more elaborated on.
Uber_DewberJun 11, 2014 9:54 AM
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - Apr 25

2 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
2 hours ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

58 by Jentheworld »»
4 hours ago

» Pokemon : Which legendary pokemon have you randomly came across without looking up their location?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 9

5 by H1ruma »»
9 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
Yesterday, 5:15 PM

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 4:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.