Forum Settings
Forums

Singer Alice to 'Graduate' from Music Duo ClariS to Concentrate on Studies

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 26, 2014 7:30 AM

Dec 2012
That stinks... I have both their amazing albums, can't wait for the next. I wish Alice the best of luck. =^-^=
Hopefully this is not the end for ClariS as a whole.
May 26, 2014 7:42 AM

Mar 2014
This is a sad news

I'm gonna miss them
RedChromeMay 26, 2014 7:49 AM
May 26, 2014 7:54 AM

Nov 2009
Guess studies are more important but I'm grateful all the songs they've put into as they were brilliant and I will definitely miss their songs so thank you so much ClariS!!

I hope you will come back someday, ganbare!! :D

May 26, 2014 8:08 AM

Apr 2010
Oh my god ;_;

I'm gonna miss them..
May 26, 2014 8:13 AM

Aug 2013
omg whyyyyyyyyyyyyy D:
Cute is justice.
May 26, 2014 8:17 AM

Jul 2008
Good luck with your studies. Man I'm gonna miss their music.
May 26, 2014 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
Same, I wish the best of her luck in studies and future.
May 26, 2014 8:40 AM

Jun 2013
I didn't really like their music, so I don't really mind.
However, to leave a role like that for studies, at least they are making decent moves.
NOW ONLY IF AMERICAN BANDS/ARTISTS MADE THE SAME MOVES!
May 26, 2014 8:48 AM

Jun 2013
Oh my goodness. Well my day is ruined. Why?! :(
If you feel attacked, you're part of the problem.

Even if things are painful and tough, people should appreciate what it means to be alive at all. — Yato
May 26, 2014 9:01 AM

Jan 2013
all their songs sound the fking same lol. the refrain is always the very same thing
May 26, 2014 9:28 AM

Oct 2007
Tough times for the Aniplex pool of music artists seem to be continuing. At least they still have LiSA to put in everything they produce but Claris is a pretty huge loss for them to take considering how popular they had been with otaku.

Nidhoeggr said:
Am I the only one who thought their songs all sound more or less the same - namely bland, uninspired and a bit annoying? Even the composition was really cookie cutter...

Other than that, good for her. Good degree > making meh J-Pop.

Nah I did too but you seem to be a lot like me. I just kind of associate them for music for otaku though maybe sometimes kind of catchy. I never once felt like grooving to any of their songs though that's for sure. Really though I feel that way about almost all artists that are signed to the Aniplex label of late. Just a lot of samey sounding stuff keeps getting pumped out for use with all of their shows and that goes for BGM compositions as well. For example a lot of people keep hearing Oath Sign from Fate/Zero in the opening to Mahouka which is airing this season. Hiroyuki Sawano's songs all seem to be blending together of late into a cacophony of bad German and Hans Zimmer sounding music as well.

Psajdak said:
Meanwhile, half of world is starving...

Seriously, what's this bullshit about "graduating", it's not a damn school.

It's an idol thing basically that I remember hearing for the first time around when Morning Musume became popular. A lot of idols are really young girls deemed to be attractive and talented in a particular or several arts that are meant to be idolized by the fanbase. They almost treat it like it's a part of some sort of raising system or process that once they reach a certain age or point where they can no longer continue the obligations expected of an idol are considered to have graduated from the idol raising system and moved on, kind of like how you graduate from public school and move on to finding a job or into post secondary and private education. Not being able to fill the obligations anymore could be something like being too old, having a scandal or something as simple as having personal life get in the way.

Sometimes they let some idols stay around in a group to mentor the younger ones that are up and coming and getting more popular like they do with AKB48, but I've honestly never really heard of an idol that is any older than mid 20's at the absolute max. Of course there are exceptions like Mariko Tsukamoto who participated in AKB48 for a Glico commercial this year and is 37 which is unheard of and drew lots of attention, but that was more of a novelty thing and her contract ends in August.

Virtual Idols though like the Love Live ones and even Claris since they are basically represented by anime avatars are supposed to be a way around this system in order to keep the idols permanently young and "pure" (the concept of purity is a bit hard to explain but basically it's considered a critical part of the public image of an idol) though so obviously it's a personal choice being made in this case and not a traditional "graduation" decided upon by a producer.

julyan said:
Angel Beats! getting delayed and now this. Seriously, what's next? :(

Something is definitely going on within the Aniplex multimedia family as I continue to mention. A lot of projects don't seem to be going as planned for them in the last year or so is all I'll say.
PeacingOutMay 26, 2014 9:49 AM
May 26, 2014 9:28 AM
Dec 2009
arsonal said:
kandiiyuutaamu said:
Does anyone know how many albums they made?

PARTY TIME is their third album. First album BIRTHDAY was released in April 2012, and second album SECOND STORY in June 2013.

Ah thanks!

May 26, 2014 9:30 AM

Apr 2013
Ah man. I loved me some ClariS even though as others have said that many of their songs sounded similar. At least they all sounded similarly awesome! They've sung so many openings and endings for a lot of my favorite shows.

Honestly though, this isn't too surprising for me. Even for a pop "idol" group, ClariS did things differently like not wanting to reveal their identities in order to preserve their normal lives, focus more on school, avoid the limelight, etc. It might be that Alice is the one that really pushed these things as she is the one giving up music for now but we'll see what the other, Clara, does as well. It certainly won't be the same if they're not together as they definitely had an unmistakable chemistry with each other. Still, I'll always be a fan.

And if the group is going to go down in flames, they might as well reveal their faces to us. I've always thought in the back of my mind that they refused to do so because they were "busted" looking. Prove me wrong ClariS!!
May 26, 2014 9:58 AM

Mar 2014
I hope her studies go well :(

May 26, 2014 10:21 AM

Dec 2012
What a dumb bitch, aren't they famous at this point?

will prolly regret it later. you can always study once your fame decays.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
May 26, 2014 10:25 AM

Jul 2013
I'm sad that Alice won't be singing for a while, but I wished her good luck on her studies.

May 26, 2014 10:37 AM

Apr 2013
Nooooooo It really a bad news :(
May 26, 2014 10:39 AM

Sep 2011
well, this was their intention from the beginning, so I'm not surprised. if anything, it's only made me realize that it really has been a couple of years since we first heard ClariS.

May 26, 2014 10:40 AM

Nov 2007
ClariS won't be the same without Alice. They are so popular that their songs are available in multiple international air-liners for passengers.

Sad that I am, I would still wish Alice on a successful future and excel in her studies. Wishing Clara a wonderful future too. I hope one day they will reunite to create more fascinating music. From a big fan, a big hug to both of them for all the wonderful music. ♥

Damn! I was listening to Hanabi even today on my way to work. :'(
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 26, 2014 10:51 AM

Oct 2013
/cry T-T
[/quote]
May 26, 2014 10:53 AM

Feb 2013
who's gonna do my Madoka openings now?? T__T

May 26, 2014 10:58 AM

Jul 2008
This is devastating. It isn't Claris without one of them...this was two friends, not some interchangeable group of 5+ girls.
May 26, 2014 11:23 AM

Apr 2009
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Tough times for the Aniplex pool of music artists seem to be continuing. At least they still have LiSA to put in everything they produce but Claris is a pretty huge loss for them to take considering how popular they had been with otaku.

Nidhoeggr said:
Am I the only one who thought their songs all sound more or less the same - namely bland, uninspired and a bit annoying? Even the composition was really cookie cutter...

Nah I did too but you seem to be a lot like me. I just kind of associate them for music for otaku though maybe sometimes kind of catchy. I never once felt like grooving to any of their songs though that's for sure. Really though I feel that way about almost all artists that are signed to the Aniplex label of late. Just a lot of samey sounding stuff keeps getting pumped out for use with all of their shows and that goes for BGM compositions as well. For example a lot of people keep hearing Oath Sign from Fate/Zero in the opening to Mahouka which is airing this season. Hiroyuki Sawano's songs all seem to be blending together of late into a cacophony of bad German and Hans Zimmer sounding music as well.

I feel the same about LisA (and several other artists like Kalafina) as well. The Hans Zimmer approach is especially annoying because he, too, became less and less interesting over the past decade (or even before that, if one wants to argue).
Not that I care a lot, by now I skip 97% of the generic J-Pop openings every time.
I kinda wish we would get more of these pathetic, oldschool openings again, though. They are cheap and trashy, but catchy and actually fun.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
May 26, 2014 11:31 AM

Oct 2011
Good luck to your studies. But OMG NOOOOOOO T__T
May 26, 2014 12:09 PM

Oct 2013
Good luck on the studies but dang, this makes me sad. I was hoping since they were so young they would have a long future of making music. Oh well I'll be hoping for the day that they get back together and create their wonderful music again. I'll definitely be buying the last album.
May 26, 2014 1:10 PM

Nov 2013
Noooooo! Well at least it's for studies. Gonna miss them. Hopefully whatever future they have will be good.
May 26, 2014 1:11 PM

Apr 2013
Well damn. That's a bummer.

I even have their Nendoroid and the Irony CD so it technically makes a complete set. I just can't believe that there won't be any more new ClariS songs.

I'll hope that it's just for the time being and not permanent.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
May 26, 2014 1:15 PM

Mar 2013
Am i the only who likes ClariS OreImo songs?

Wish her the best of luck with her studies.
May 26, 2014 1:38 PM

Aug 2008
Nisekoi OP was horrible, so with only that memory related to them, I can't say I'll miss anything.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 26, 2014 1:40 PM

Oct 2009
I really like ClariS - ever since they released their Step To You cover ;A;
I'm really sad about this but I wish Alice luck with her future studies.

I love you forever, さよなら 君が愛してるよ ♪

May 26, 2014 1:41 PM

Oct 2009
Antanaru said:
Nisekoi OP was horrible, so with only that memory related to them, I can't say I'll miss anything.

I would listen to OreImo or Mahou Shojou Madoka OP if I were you

I love you forever, さよなら 君が愛してるよ ♪

May 26, 2014 2:03 PM

Aug 2008
cherichelly said:
Antanaru said:

I would listen to OreImo or Mahou Shojou Madoka OP if I were you
Just checked. A little less horrible but still sound either pretty much the same or very similar. It reminds me of ali project with every damn song sounding exactly the same.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 26, 2014 2:08 PM
Mar 2009
That's kind of sad. I guess she chose university over singing?

They should change the name, ClariS doesn't make much sense without "Alice".
May 26, 2014 2:14 PM
Jul 2018
Damn, i'm sad about this. I really liked this group. Any future Madoka anime just won't be the same without them doing the opening. They had a such a great sound. At least we still have one last album to look forward to.
May 26, 2014 2:16 PM

Jun 2010
:(

Props to Alice for making such a difficult decision though! Hopefully, she'll continue singing in the future.
May 26, 2014 2:34 PM

Jul 2010
Oh wow, this was quite unexpected. But I wish her all the best and here's to hoping they'll sing together again someday!
May 26, 2014 2:46 PM

May 2011
Now can we see her face?
May 26, 2014 5:04 PM

Oct 2007
Nidhoeggr said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Nidhoeggr said:

I feel the same about LisA (and several other artists like Kalafina) as well. The Hans Zimmer approach is especially annoying because he, too, became less and less interesting over the past decade (or even before that, if one wants to argue).
Not that I care a lot, by now I skip 97% of the generic J-Pop openings every time.
I kinda wish we would get more of these pathetic, oldschool openings again, though. They are cheap and trashy, but catchy and actually fun.

I used to definitely like a lot more anisong but there's still some good ones even this season. Ping Pong and Sidonia's are both great as an example of two I actually listen to every time.
May 26, 2014 7:18 PM
Jun 2011
WHY U DO DIS ALICE WHY
May 26, 2014 10:09 PM

Jan 2012
When I saw graduate, I thought it meant that she's graduating from high school or something. That sucks, I guess. Not much of a fan but I've heard some good songs.
May 26, 2014 10:18 PM

May 2009
So one of the two goes away to focus on her studies? Smart kid, makes me wish her friend was just as wise and quit as well. In a decade or so, she'll most likely be out of a job when she becomes too old to be an idol and then she'll have nothing to fall back on.

As for the group itself, I won't be missing them. None of their songs really stood out for me and even became cringe-worthy after a while.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2014 12:46 AM
Sep 2012
Love the group, sad to see Alice go :/ especially considering only a few days ago I decided to become a full fan. Hopefully she will return occasionally and make music.
May 27, 2014 1:41 AM

Aug 2013
I don't really follow them but are they really that busy? I mean nobody has seen their faces right? How do they do lives? Behind a wall? Just curious :p
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 27, 2014 3:15 AM

Apr 2014
This is too sudden...
But wish the best for them!!

Love all of their songs especially for Nisekoi ,Nisemonogatari and Imouto.
Let's wish the best for ClariS!!!
May 27, 2014 4:39 AM
Aug 2012
xchee said:
I don't really follow them but are they really that busy? I mean nobody has seen their faces right? How do they do lives? Behind a wall? Just curious :p

There are no photos and supposedly even their best friends have no idea that the girls have been singing professionally for the last 3+ years. As far as I know they have only sung live once as Claris, you can read about it here http://tokyogirlsupdate.com/claris-new-years-festival-20140116164.html
May 27, 2014 12:25 PM

Oct 2013
School is important so we have to understand.
Absolutely amazing talent though
Her actually returning one day to the music scene would be worth it.
May 27, 2014 12:38 PM

Oct 2012
Didn't know they were my aged. As for the news, don't really care too much. Connect is a great song though
May 27, 2014 6:44 PM

Jan 2014
I have a feeling that you only really hide your faces for a reason, listening to them they did sound fairly old tbh.

That being said, I really loved some of their songs; namely Naisho no Hanashi (one of the monogatari OP's) and the one they did for Nisekoi.
It is always a shame seeing a band break up for whatever reason.
Making an all-knowing face, the crow stares down at the plight of humanity.
May 27, 2014 6:50 PM

May 2013
High school eh... what we know is it'll take at most 6 years for Alice to start singing again. Just hope she's in her senior year already
May 27, 2014 6:51 PM

Jul 2013
At least it seems that Clara will be continuing solo, wishing good luck to her!
NYANPASU~!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

19 by BirdyTheMighty »»
14 minutes ago

» Q2 2024 Anime & Manga Licenses

Snow - Apr 5

2 by alpha_shadow »»
5 hours ago

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

6 by rikazkhan »»
7 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
Yesterday, 2:31 PM

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
Yesterday, 12:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.