Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2014 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Solomon looks like he accepted duties as a King? Nice. Another classic Magi chapter. Loved it. A kingdom needs a great leader after all.
Stark700May 23, 2014 9:33 AM
May 23, 2014 11:50 AM
Jan 2011
Is this the point where everything starts to go wrong?
May 26, 2014 5:00 PM

Jul 2008
KanameFujiwara said:

Most likely.
May 26, 2014 5:25 PM

Feb 2012
And that's how he got crowned.

All hail.
May 26, 2014 6:02 PM

Aug 2012
What I'm interested in is how they all will "put their lives on the line" if he gets too reckless.
May 26, 2014 6:06 PM

May 2012
that bed scene, All I can think of is that Solomon is a Lolicon.. haha
Solomon, Ugo and Arba are like Aladdin,Alibaba and Morgiana

May 26, 2014 6:33 PM

Mar 2014
I actually liked the chapter. I liked how they cleared up solomon and sheba's age difference. The different dimensions and learning the rukh sounds good. Hopefully next week is the last chapter of the Solomon arc because it is getting too long.
May 26, 2014 6:42 PM

Oct 2011
sullynathan said:
I actually liked the chapter. I liked how they cleared up solomon and sheba's age difference. The different dimensions and learning the rukh sounds good. Hopefully next week is the last chapter of the Solomon arc because it is getting too long.

Well.. since the last page said "the night before the final battle", it probably won't be the last chapter. They still have to discover how to use the Rukh, fight David and explain everything leads up to getting their world destroyed.. and they need to explain how Solomon's friends became Djinns. So still a few chapters to go in my opinion. :P
May 26, 2014 7:09 PM

May 2013
We get to see Solomon finally becoming king. The final battle is almost here.
May 26, 2014 7:57 PM

Jun 2012
I want to be a magic otaku. Ugo write a book on the Rukh so I can read it.

Dark_Messiah said:
OMG This comparison. I like it. Can't believe I didn't see that.
May 26, 2014 8:51 PM
Jan 2014
dragonlight said:
I want to be a magic otaku. Ugo write a book on the Rukh so I can read it.

Dark_Messiah said:
OMG This comparison. I like it. Can't believe I didn't see that.

IMO the only thing they have in common is that they are both 2 boys and 1 girl lol. If you want to compare them personality wise, power wise, or intelligence wise you have a longgggg way to go.

OT: I thought this chapter was ok, it seems that the solomon arc is starting to come to a close.
May 26, 2014 9:11 PM
Jul 2018
While I understand Solomon's desire for equality, I think a leader is needed, or else people will break into factions and force their own rules on others, just like what we saw here.

The bedroom scene took me off-guard. Here's me hoping my favorite pairing will also get a baby and a bedroom scene *nosebleed*

Solomon looked like David (and hotter) with his hair down. Ugo's concept behind channeling the rukh to their own world is kind reminiscent of the medium plan in Magnostadt where they needed an amount of energy that took them ten years to gather.
May 26, 2014 10:26 PM

Nov 2013
What a lovely and consistent trend of chapters with so much annoying and unimportant info-dump that I don't give a shit about
rotkvaMay 26, 2014 10:32 PM
May 26, 2014 10:26 PM

Jun 2013
KanameFujiwara said:

I think so....Very Much Actually....when Arba started say that same thing...I say yes.
JarjaxleMay 26, 2014 10:38 PM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
May 26, 2014 10:28 PM

Jun 2013
Poor Solomon, His dream of equality world....was complete or at least somewhat failure. Arba too, Fallen to call him a King? One of his oldest friends? Yep, this is the point where everything starts go shit 85 % surely!

Again with Sheba staff...it just looks like Gyokuen's staff...just which one of them is the Traitor? Sheba is somewhat not likely because she is carrying his child but....

So...Looks like Solomon became very interested about possibilities...and Equality of the Rukh? well, maybe then, not just yet thiings started to go wrong.

JarjaxleMay 26, 2014 10:38 PM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
May 26, 2014 11:14 PM

Aug 2013
Who knows maybe Sheba had a miscarriage and went cuckoo :/
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 27, 2014 12:15 AM
Jul 2018
I've seen this mentioned on other forums, but I doubt Sheba will have a miscarriage and go crazy. While fighting while being pregnant is super risky, I doubt the author would have put so much detail into it-using magic to slow down its growth+waiting until Solomon's kingdom is established-only to have Sheba lose the baby. This baby had so much build-up since ch 223, like it's heralding something really important (either Aladdin or Gyokuen, Aladdin IMO)

Also, in the panel with Sheba eating and Solomon mocking her that she'll get fat, I couldn't help but be reminded of Aladdin and his love for food.
May 27, 2014 5:44 AM
Oct 2013
okay this is getting ridiculous like really, can the chapters be any more slow-paced just cut to the chase really now, how many months we are in this arc?
at first it was nice and all but now am getting really tired of this,
JUST TELLS WHAT HAPPEN
May 27, 2014 8:54 AM

Feb 2013
luminousmx said:
okay this is getting ridiculous like really, can the chapters be any more slow-paced just cut to the chase really now, how many months we are in this arc?
JUST TELLS WHAT HAPPEN

It's better as it is. This arc is great exactly because it's taking its time. Rushing it would only make it worse.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
May 27, 2014 11:34 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Really feels like as a calm before the storm kind of chapter.

Sheba has grown so much since she appeared.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 27, 2014 7:37 PM

Apr 2013
ac-dac said:
What a lovely and consistent trend of chapters with so much annoying and unimportant info-dump that I don't give a shit about

^

Please end, flashback
May 28, 2014 5:50 AM

May 2013
Nice.
May 28, 2014 2:37 PM

Oct 2013
Cupquake said:
ac-dac said:

^

Please end, flashback

Then you must not like magi, the info ugo gave was pretty damn important

But hot damn sheba naked under them sheets was the highlight lol

P.S: getting upset and impatient won't make this flashback go by any faster :)
sonicgx11May 29, 2014 8:14 PM
May 29, 2014 1:17 AM
Jan 2011
Dark_Messiah said:

Sheba is actually at least 17 or 18 years old. That's fair game to me.
May 29, 2014 2:47 AM
Jul 2018
KanameFujiwara said:
Dark_Messiah said:

Sheba is actually at least 17 or 18 years old. That's fair game to me.

I've been hearing that the age of consent in Japan is 13-18 and it differs from one prefecture to another, so Ohtaka and her readers in Japan don't have a problem with the age difference between Solomon and Sheba (and Gyokuen and Hakutoku when they got married).

Anyway, this is a controversial topic and it's not like we can change the laws and culture in other countries, so let's leave it at that and not turn it into a long-winded debate, like in another fandom *cough*Utena*cough*.
removed-userMay 29, 2014 2:50 AM
Jun 1, 2014 12:17 AM

Oct 2012
sherlock5545 said:
luminousmx said:
JUST TELLS WHAT HAPPEN

It's better as it is. This arc is great exactly because it's taking its time. Rushing it would only make it worse.

my thought exactly. honestly, i feel like it wouldn't seem as long if you were reading it all at once, instead of reading a little bit and then waiting an entire week to read a little bit more.

looks like things are starting to come to a close. all that really needs to be answered now is who gyokuen is, why she did what she did, and how (and who sheba's bebeh is. XD) i highly doubt that it is sheba, but every time i look at her staff, i see gyokuen's... maybe she gets her staff taken away from her by gyokuen or she gives her staff to her after the fighting is over? it could be something like " the fighting is over now, so i don't need to fight anymore. i'll leave the fighting to someone else so that i can help solomon rule as his queen."
Jun 1, 2014 6:11 PM

Jan 2012
this flash back is entirely too long
But other than that it was just another ok chapter 3/5
I guess Sheba will die.

Jun 1, 2014 7:48 PM

Apr 2014
Even though everyone is complaining about these last few chapters it seems, I am thoroughly enjoying them very much.
Jun 2, 2014 1:47 AM
Feb 2012
I can't believe how impatient some of you are.
Yes, those SOL-ish chapters are unexpected and might not be as enjoying to some as other chapters are. But try to look at the big picture. Would you want the flashback that's been hinted at throughout the entire series to be rushed or incomplete? Later on, when you re-read the arc or the whole manga, would you like to read an awesome story but be disappointed by the 'meh' flashback due to it feeling hollow, as if something's missing? No? Then shut up and enjoy the ride.

Alma Toran's story needs to be properly told for it's essential to the entirety of Magi and something we need to know exactly about in order to completely understand the manga's whole story (in particular events that have yet to happen).
Of course there's the possibility of some of you being satisfied by mindless fighting alone, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jun 4, 2014 6:57 AM

Feb 2013
Rachmaninow said:

Of course there's the possibility of some of you being satisfied by mindless fighting alone, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here.

Yeah, actually, going by the numbers of complaints, I'd say quite a huge number of people would just happy with mindless fights every single chapter.

On the other hand, this arc is so far amongst the best I've read in my opinion.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Jun 4, 2014 8:15 AM
Jul 2018
sherlock5545 said:
Rachmaninow said:

Yeah, actually, going by the numbers of complaints, I'd say quite a huge number of people would just happy with mindless fights every single chapter.

On the other hand, this arc is so far amongst the best I've read in my opinion.

While the lack of action could be one of the reasons, the main one seems to be the lack of familiar faces, especially Alibaba and Morgiana, and those people aren't necessarily shipping AliMor.

Overall, I find this arc amongst the best so far, ranks third ro me after the Balbadd and Magnostadt arcs. Ohtaka also seems to have listened to the complaints regarding the long, mindless fight scenes in the Medium chapters and made them short and sweet in this arc.
Jul 4, 2014 7:21 AM

Feb 2012
what a load of bullshit.
people are hating this arc because they miss mindless action? give me a break.
people hate this arc because it is far too drugged. No, we dont want them to miss information. the arc being drugged means the information could be delievered in less time.
you could also say that people miss the old characters or the ongoing events.
Mar 4, 2015 12:43 PM

Jun 2008
Saturate said:
what a load of bullshit.
people are hating this arc because they miss mindless action? give me a break.
people hate this arc because it is far too drugged. No, we dont want them to miss information. the arc being drugged means the information could be delievered in less time.
you could also say that people miss the old characters or the ongoing events.

The problem lays with the fact that people read every week therefore a few chapter in a flashback take months and they get frustrated. If you red this all together like am doing now then everything is fine and the story will seem rushed and unsatisfying without a detail well told story about the origins of the world of our heroes and how everything came to be the way they are.
The story isn't dragged, the time you have to wait is what is dragged and long and that is why you complain but as readers you should be able to separate the storytelling from your waiting and be objective.
Nov 20, 2015 9:09 AM

Sep 2014
Guess this is the part where shit's going down :<
That bedroom scene, didn't expect that. Solomon making fun of Sheba hehe.
Sheba's sure changed since her appearance <3
Jul 28, 2020 2:05 PM
Mar 2020
with all these people complaining about paceing Im realy glad I get to read this after the story is done at my own pace :P

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi Chapter 346 Discussion

Artemist4 - Apr 26, 2017

5 by Rich-core »»
May 19, 3:04 PM

» opinions on Magi's depiction of Arabian culture?

laaare - Oct 30, 2016

17 by Afan_123 »»
Apr 30, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 31 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Sep 26, 2012

7 by Marloges »»
Apr 29, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 30 Discussion

BackLashWave - Dec 31, 2011

10 by Marloges »»
Apr 29, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 29 Discussion

BackLashWave - Dec 31, 2011

10 by Marloges »»
Apr 29, 8:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.