Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 21, 2014 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
About time they found them. I thought the action was pretty neat this episode. Shame it wasn't concluded. Oh well. I guess when Frederica enters the scene, it can't be helped.

Now I get what the PV from episode 6 was about. Illusions...ahh. Poor Toru lol. It looked so real to him. Chaika was pretty cute this episode imo.
Stark700May 21, 2014 11:25 AM
May 21, 2014 11:28 AM

Feb 2008
It was all nice to see Frederica in this episode, and nice punch.
Illusions huh?
Too many stuff they don't even realize it's Illusion.

Chaika is so cute.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 21, 2014 11:42 AM

Jul 2013
That was sort of anti-climatic, but fitting for a post war traumatized hermit like him.

Frederica was golden in this episode. "Here let me give you some solid punches to face to make sure you're snapped out of it" And she actually did something this episode too.

I looked back and just noticed the subtle humor this episode. The siblings just casually accepting the hermit's story of Marco being a scumbag and Toru nonchalantly catching the fruit and tossing it over to Chaika.
May 21, 2014 11:54 AM

May 2013
That illusion Toru had was funny lol. Aww Chaika blushing at the end was cute.
May 21, 2014 11:58 AM

Aug 2012
That bastard Marco...

I'm liking Frederica more. Not only is she convenient, but her treatment of Toru is great. Taking advantage of the situation to beat the shit out of him.

"Why am I out of the question?" Poor Akari.

I'm sure Gilette and co will end up being comrades at some point. Hearing her reason for gathering the remains gets the ball rolling, it's probably just a matter of when he believes it.
May 21, 2014 12:03 PM
Jan 2014
Akari has sure built up some anger towards Chaika.
Gilette's squad finally caught up to Chaika's crew.
Frederica is very over powered in battles, she is a dragoon after all.
Tooru's illusions are just what I thought they would be, altough he ended beat up.
I kind of feel sorry for Simon, being betrayed and all that.
Emperor Gaz' leg.[Check]
The ending was gorgeous.
May 21, 2014 12:06 PM

Dec 2011
That was an easy episode. They got the leg with not so much effort this time.

It is really sad to see that hero. I really wonder what really happened to the heroes. Anyways, can't wait for next week's episode again!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2014 12:08 PM

Aug 2010
Good ep. Nothing much from the plot with Simon (Feel bad for him though) and they did get a part but not that interesting.

Loved Fredrica this ep hehe. She's so awesome with how nonchalant she is XD And her punching Toru to snap him out of it made my day XD Cute punches there hehe
Her Dragoon form is so convenient hahaha They can own anyone they want :3

Akari is going more Yandere every ep XD She was even thinking to dispose of Chaika when she saw his illusions XD Also asking "Why am I no good?" XD

Chaika pouting at the end was cute :3 Lol'd at how she threw at him XD
May 21, 2014 12:14 PM

Mar 2014
Well i feel sorry for a war hero to end up like that. Akari slapping and Fredrica punching Toru made my day. Good ep 4/5
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
May 21, 2014 12:27 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Akari being possessive over Toru was hilarious, saying he has the most active libido of anyone on this continent. XD

"Guy" appears with the information on the next hero; Simon Scania, a wizard of the Koenigsegg Empire.

Gillette Squad vs. Team Chaika was going awesome, until Frederica intervened.
All they could do was just make way and watch as they get rescued by a dragoon. Poor Gillette Squad..

The way Chaika ditched Toru in his fantasy was hilarious!
Akari and Frederica beating him to 'snap him out' of it.. XD
Did he not notice that Chaika wasn't using her usual talking style? So much for being a sharp Saboteur..

Getting the remains from Simon went easier than I thought.
Kinda feel bad for him though. Poor guy..

Akari asking why she's out of the question.. XD
Chaika getting jealous at the end was cute. :3

Good episode. So Toru has a thing for Chaika, I see..

May 21, 2014 12:28 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Akari makes my day every time I watch this series: "A defenseless girl is like raw meat in front of a wild beast" and "Why am I out of the question"? It was hell for her to watch her beloved Toru being lovey dovey with Chaika.

It was weird hearing Chaika speaking properly. I must say I prefer to hear her standard speech pattern.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 21, 2014 12:36 PM

Mar 2012
I love thus series so much i think it is because the blandness wis what makes it so great because they are so bland in the way they talk and act that it is funny.

Well this pretty much confirms that Toru actually does have feelings for Chaika although i think he is in denial for some reason

Chaika x Toru yeah it is positive ship for sure

Hmm i think the emperors remains are cursed it seemed to affect the heroes to a varying degree

the first one got mad with power
the second one suffered heavy losses she succumbed to her own grief
the third one got betrayed and his depression ran deep to point of isolation

Not that i am complaining but i do hope that the next one who has the emperors remains actually puts on some of a fight cause i think they already got the last 2 remains a bit easy :)

Yeah i think Gilletes team will join them eventually and there is defiantly somebody behind the scenes pulling the strings the question is just who that someone is
May 21, 2014 12:37 PM

Jan 2014
This show just keeps on being awesome. Can't wait for the next one.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

May 21, 2014 12:43 PM

Apr 2013
Deredere Tooru, upset Chaika, Jealous Akari and Fredrika taking the opportunity to beat up Tooru.

Good episode :>
May 21, 2014 12:57 PM

Apr 2010
Not sure which was more hilarious, Gillette just riding up & pulling a severed arm out of uniform during the illusion, or Frederica taking advantage of the opportunity to beat the shit out of Tooru.
May 21, 2014 1:04 PM

Jun 2013
Lol this episode was awesome. Illusion Tora, hilarious Frederica, jealous Akari

Good stuff, can't wait till next episode :D
May 21, 2014 1:04 PM

Nov 2011
HHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNGGG~~!

I died of moe at the end!

Chaika's cuteness reached 9000, no 90000! I could talk about other moments of the episode, but DAT END was just.... too... muchhhhnnnnngg~! <dies again>

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
May 21, 2014 1:05 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode IMO, pacing is still pretty good and some funny moments.

Chaika when she got angry.. so cute :3
May 21, 2014 1:11 PM

Jul 2012
Chaika Romance ensues! Fucking adorable!
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
May 21, 2014 1:17 PM

May 2013
lol'd at the NTR
"Why the hell is it so easy to make people mad, and so difficult to make them smile?" -Kurosawa Dono
May 21, 2014 1:22 PM

Apr 2014
From hero to hermit, I kind of feel bad for the guy. But still those illusions got me laughing the whole time. x3
May 21, 2014 1:32 PM

Mar 2014
Fun episode, Fredrica punching Toru's face was hilarious. So was Gilette on the horse. I'm so glad a second season was announced, looking forward to this each week
May 21, 2014 1:41 PM

Apr 2012
this show is more entertaining than it should be o_O but i liked it
Akari is hilarious XD

May 21, 2014 1:45 PM
Apr 2014
Fun is the only word I can say about this anime. As long as it doesn't pull a Scrapped Princess on me again, I'll be just fine XD
May 21, 2014 2:29 PM

Mar 2012
RuinsInTheWind said:
Fun is the only word I can say about this anime. As long as it doesn't pull a Scrapped Princess on me again, I'll be just fine XD

considering that series was written by the same auther and produced by the same studio u should expect it

by they way what was it they pulled on scrapped princess anyway?
May 21, 2014 2:35 PM

Nov 2013
Oh my, Tooru and Chaika actually have some romantic feelings towards each other, though it does not come as a surprise. Akari's reactions are pretty funny, poor girl.
May 21, 2014 3:09 PM

Oct 2012
This was a good episode, the plot has started to develop more in the sense that I think Gillette will join them soon. Also, the comedy was great in this ep, the casual acceptance of "Marco", the random punches and that ending XD. "Why am I out of the question?"
"Driving... *throws food at him* lol

Kinda feel bad for Simon though
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
May 21, 2014 3:12 PM

Dec 2013
I didn't have many expectations for this one when it started, even after the first couple episodes I thought it might be Average at best, but it's grown on me each passing week. I'm really enjoying this series, good balance of action and story.

Those illusions were epic. I laughed so hard when Gillette rides up, Chaika announces her marriage to him, and he pulls the arm out of his jacket. The she waves it at Toru to say goodbye. Brilliant stuff there!

All in all this was a good episode, but it seems they're getting the remains too easily. Poor Simon. I half expected his part of the remains to be the arm from the illusion, that would have made my day for sure.

So, I'll give this episode an 8/10. Good Stuff.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
May 21, 2014 3:26 PM

May 2011
The anime is awesome and Chaika is far better than Enju from Black Bullet and Shiro from NGNL IMO. :) I was worried about that NTR thing in this ep (after last previev I thought it's gonna be reall) but it was only Tooru's wild imagination. Moe Chaika is moe
May 21, 2014 4:17 PM

Jul 2010
Simon was a bit pitiful, all alone and became kinda weird due to his past.
So the illusions were meant to do that, so it is not Toru's fantasies.
Akari though, wanting to get rid of Chaika and asking why she isn't an option xD
Chaika thinking about the illusion, getting upset that there was no other options and that Toru didn't mean it!
The fight and shooting through the fog were actually pretty good.
They got the leg that simply by asking, I wonder which part of the remains they would get now.
May 21, 2014 4:43 PM

Apr 2013
Chaika was so cute at the end haha. I love it when they are angry (both the girls).

May 21, 2014 4:45 PM

Jun 2012
FadingLight77 said:
lol'd at the NTR

I laughed and felt bad for him at the same time
May 21, 2014 4:51 PM
Jul 2018
I totally loved Toru'a fantasy in this episode about how he and Chaika being together. Poor Toru, Chaika ditched him in his fantasy.
May 21, 2014 5:03 PM

Oct 2013
Upset Chaika pretty adorable, well i did expect Toru's reply to be like that as I already thought that he was prolly one of your cliche dense Mc
May 21, 2014 5:36 PM

Jan 2013
They should change the title of this episode to:

"Men: We don't know what we did."

Also someone GIF the parts where Toru gets slapped and another for the punch.
yaminogame91May 21, 2014 5:42 PM
May 21, 2014 5:43 PM

Dec 2010
All of the heroes are becoming pathetic...It's kind of sad. A curse doesn't seem too far out of the question.

Toru's illusions were incredibly cute, largely because Chaika is so adorable it hurts...But I did miss her form of speech! Fredrica finally got her chance to beat up Toru, even if it wasn't exactly on equal terms.

Also, I laughed hard when Gilette took Chaika away. He's like "let's get married. Here's your present...YOUR DAD'S ARM!" Chaika was so happy to get it too xD

Looking forward to the next episode as always!
May 21, 2014 6:09 PM

Jul 2012
Chaika little fit she had at the end made the episode for me.

Great episode!!!
May 21, 2014 6:28 PM

Mar 2013
>Literal NTR Machine
Seriously, who in the right mind would make such a thing....
Angry Chaika is so cute :)
Being Akari is suffering..I'm still rooting for her even though she has no chance whatsoever haha
May 21, 2014 6:32 PM
Oct 2012
I know I shouldn't be comparing shows on a thread, but this show does infinitely more at setting the various conspiracies that are going to drive the plot than Mahouka does by several orders of magnitude. Chaika herself, the death of the emperor, the relationship of the "heroes", the MCs to their helper, the knights to their government, the government between itself. They have touched on a lot of different things that makes you want to know what the hell is happening.

I like how they handle the sabatouers getting things before Chaika, in particular around the 6:00 mark when they stopped the camera froze and Chaika walked out of the scene, stopped and then backed back into it. Usually they do it the other way around, so it had a nice freshness to it.

Dragoon is a fun character as well, why does she follow them around. Boredom, plus they hinted last episode that she knows all about the various Chaikas. Another good lure to keep the show interesting.

Ah, nice trap from last episode's preview.
Takuan_SohoMay 21, 2014 6:35 PM
May 21, 2014 6:43 PM

Aug 2008
Amid all the fighting, gathering of remains, and imminent peril at every corner, there is still room for some good ol MC density lmao. Chaika's reaction to that at the end was hilarious, and WHY IS AKARI OUT OF THE QUESTION. WHY THO

I loved it when Fredrica joined in on the fun and gave Toru those punches to the ground. xD
May 21, 2014 7:06 PM

Jun 2013
This was a pretty good episode. The ship is also armed with canon on this one.

Akari: "Tooru snap out of it!" *slaps him*
Frederica: "Yeah! Snap out of it!" *punches him*
Me: "You better wake up to your jealous harem dammit!" *kicks him while he's down*
May 21, 2014 7:18 PM

Apr 2011
Tooru got NTR'd. lol
May 21, 2014 7:26 PM
Mar 2014
lol i loved when frederica and akari hit toru and aww chaika likes toru
that guy was kinda creepy
May 21, 2014 7:43 PM

Jul 2012
Good episode~!
Nice action scenes!
Cute Chaika and Toru scenes~! x3

Nice episode, also! The collecting of one of the Father's remains was so easy! x3

Anyways, good episode, next one looks great. owo
May 21, 2014 7:52 PM

Jan 2014
Frederica was nice to watch, being that element of fun support.

Gotta admit I lol'd my ass off at Toru's illusion until the end where it was heartbreaking to watch him in tears. I lol'd though when Frederica smashed his face. And Akari saying that Chaika was a threat, LOL!!

Then the Chaika's cute moments were sweet and fun.

Liked this episode a lot.
May 21, 2014 8:11 PM

Aug 2008
That Koenigsegg reference tho
May 21, 2014 8:15 PM

Sep 2013
Toru's illusion was quite interesting to see, interesting observation. And seeing white Chaika angry at the end was cute aha. Good episode.

May 21, 2014 8:36 PM
Nov 2013
Lmao Akari's is so hilarious, "Why am I out of the question?"
And love Fredrica's transformation from a loli to a dragoon.
May 21, 2014 8:46 PM

May 2013
Good episode though I feel bad for Simon, a bittersweet ending for him.

Frederica was awesome in this episode and at the same time, funny, like Akari, she made this episode more funny for me. So lmao at Toru's illusion and cute Chaika is cute.
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 21, 2014 8:49 PM

Aug 2013
I absolutely love the humor in this show: not over the top and the timing is perfect.

"Here, a present for you." Gilette pulled out the arm out of his vest like it was nothing XD!

Akari: Snap out of it! *slap slap*
Frederica: Snap out of it! *jab jab haymaker* LOL! She just wanted to punch him XD

"So it was Marco."
"Yes, it was that bastard Marco."
--- they talked like they knew who Marco was haha!

Akari = best girl. She's so funny without making a fool out of herself, too much shouting and fanservice and at the same time so badass.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2014

304 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

137 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2014

121 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2014

176 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2014

154 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 7:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.