Forum Settings
Forums

'Hitsugi no Chaika' Gets 2nd Season for Fall

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 14, 2014 11:30 AM
May 2012
Cool, I am just waiting for this Anime to finish airing before I start watching it too.
It looks like you guys here enjoy this show, so I guess this is good news!!
May 14, 2014 11:40 AM
Feb 2013
So, I'm guessing that Geillet's battle with Taroo isn't gonna happen yet until season 2.
May 14, 2014 11:45 AM

Nov 2011
nantuko said:

Determining whether the anime is good or bad? Not really.

What does this have to with the topic?

Getting an absolute rating for an anime? Doesn't exist.

Your point?

Justifying a sequel for a (highly subjectively) mediocre anime where the rating from a mixed audience of different nationalities (mainly American, apparently) indicates it's nothing fantastic - at all? Debatable.

The foreign audience does not matter at all in 99.9% of the cases with anime.

S1 must or is calculated to make a profit in some way to announce a second season, still keep the bold part in mind.

Its not a 2nd season, its split-cour, you know, like how a lot of series get 2-cour adaptations?

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
May 14, 2014 11:46 AM

Nov 2012
Awesome. This is a series I enjoy and now it gets second season.
KamaxMay 14, 2014 11:49 AM
"I can have food or drinks spilled on me, or even be spit at and ill laugh about it ,
However , If for any reason you hurt a friend of mine, I won't forgive you!"

- Red-Haired Shanks
May 14, 2014 11:53 AM

Feb 2013
Red Chaika is not amused http://i.imgur.com/kgj40JK.jpg
May 14, 2014 12:17 PM

Mar 2014
Yay!
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
May 14, 2014 12:23 PM

Mar 2014
Are you excited Hitsugi no Chaika gets a 2nd season so fast?
OUI
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
May 14, 2014 12:35 PM

Jun 2013
Sweet, i'm actually really enjoying this series so far.
May 14, 2014 12:50 PM

Sep 2011
you know what, im ok with this, the series is fairly above average so far but with 2 cour the chances of it improving are made way more possible. Plus iv liked the direction the past few episodes have taken

though i have to say, come on was noragami seriously bones, why couldnt you had made noragami split cour as well.

parfaited said:
thepath said:
I think there is better animes this season that deserve 2nd season like Gokukoku no Brynhildr and Black Bullet

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. I'm sure I won't find a funnier joke elsewhere.
ok yeah i was gonna restrain myself from posting something like this until i saw your comment, peer pressure

FUKIN LOOOOOL
JizzyHitlerMay 14, 2014 12:56 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 14, 2014 1:04 PM

Dec 2013
My heart leaps with JOY!!
May 14, 2014 1:15 PM

Nov 2013
JizzyHitler said:
you know what, im ok with this, the series is fairly above average so far but with 2 cour the chances of it improving are made way more possible. Plus iv liked the direction the past few episodes have taken

though i have to say, come on was noragami seriously bones, why couldnt you had made noragami split cour as well.

Maybe they will announce something after the OVA or for next year?? Don't lose hope!!
JizzyHitler said:
parfaited said:
thepath said:
I think there is better animes this season that deserve 2nd season like Gokukoku no Brynhildr and Black Bullet

ok yeah i was gonna restrain myself from posting something like this until i saw your comment, peer pressure

FUKIN LOOOOOL

To be honest if Black Bullet wasn't going at light speed pacing the past couple of episodes, I would be more excited for a second cour of it than for Chaika.
But because of its current pace, Chaika >>> Black Bullet.
As for Gokukoku, it's basically Elfen Lied v2.0, I honestly don't know how I would feel about a third second season of it.
May 14, 2014 1:22 PM

May 2012
parfaited said:
thepath said:

Could you explain what is funny about what I said ? You think Chaika is better than other two shows that mentioned ?
thepathMay 14, 2014 1:25 PM
May 14, 2014 1:33 PM

Dec 2011
Yay. More Chaika!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2014 1:38 PM

Aug 2011
Maaaannn, I really want another season for Noragami. But I'll look forward to this, Hitsugi no Chaika is definitely interesting so far.
May 14, 2014 1:41 PM

Aug 2013
so, how many Chaikas will we have till S2? :/
*insert philosophical quote here*
May 14, 2014 2:01 PM
Mar 2014
heck yes
May 14, 2014 2:36 PM

Jan 2011
Chaika is love Chaika is life
[center]
May 14, 2014 2:54 PM
Sep 2012
I'm glad to see this. The first season, with only 12 episodes, would've felt too short if not for a second season.
May 14, 2014 4:08 PM

Sep 2011
Botato said:
JizzyHitler said:

Maybe they will announce something after the OVA or for next year?? Don't lose hope!!.
it will probably get a 2nd season eventually, interviews about why they went anime only made them sound like they were already planning it out. Though just seeing that space dandy, captain earth, and now chaika are all 2 cour, seeing noragami be the one that they kind of leave out of the 2 cour treatment is sad. of course im pretty sure chaika and noragami had different animation teams, theres a pretty noticeable artistic difference in the 4 show's art

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 14, 2014 4:42 PM

Aug 2012
Ha. Kinda expected this to happen due to the crazy pace. Excited :3
May 14, 2014 4:43 PM

Nov 2011
JizzyHitler said:

Because bones has no influence on this. (which also goes for Space Dandy).

thepath said:
It is not bad, but I think there is better animes this season that deserve 2nd season like Gokukoku no Brynhildr and Black Bullet

You could start by buying the Japanese BDs of both series.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
May 14, 2014 4:57 PM

Oct 2013
Actually pretty excited for this, hasn't really been good so far but still enjoyable. Chaika here, Chaika there, Chaika everywhere!
May 14, 2014 4:59 PM

Oct 2013
Well that's good news. Seeing how many body-parts remain to be collected midway of the season I hoped for a second season and not some rushed ending/no ending at all.
May 14, 2014 5:09 PM

Mar 2012
Wasn't this too fast to announce? e_e
May 14, 2014 5:47 PM

May 2012
Interesting shows so far so season 2 is welcome. But PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! Season 2 of Noragami!!!!
May 14, 2014 5:51 PM

Jul 2012
Nice :D

I'm enjoying the current season and was worried about a rush story. This is good news.
May 14, 2014 6:09 PM

Dec 2013
I've been enjoying the show so far, so this is good to hear. One of the better shows I'm watching this season.
May 14, 2014 6:23 PM

Aug 2013
Uh, i've been on the fence about this series. On one hand, i enjoyed the dynamic between two siblings. In particular, Akari's tendency to bullshit with completely straight face was just hilarious. The fighting scenes were intense and very well animated. I also appreciate how the series (And any other Sakaki Ichiro's works like Outbreak Company) has the capacity somewhat to push otaku cliches and harem gimmicks to the limit without being annoying or obnoxious, always manages to get back to the main plot before they get too far, something that i find really refreshing among the sea of mediocre LN adaptations.
On the other hand, the pacing has been pretty rocky. Several things were never explained at all and the show barely take a break or let the viewer to have some breath, which often prevented me from being immersed into its world and setting. The third heroine, Fredrica, so far just come off as very ridiculous. An initially tough woman figure whom later just conveniently turned into obnoxious loli, with little to no meaningful development on her own. A meh character. I don't even know what's the deal with the group who's been hunting Chaika since 1st eps. The show merely gave a limited glimpse of them without actually explaining who or what they are. Practically there's very little reason to care about them.

Honestly, this show would've been waaaay better if only they had tried to slow the pacing down a little bit and given some more development for the side characters. Because with the way things are now, there's very huge chance that my patience will go down a lot and eventually drop this show before the season ends.
May 14, 2014 7:06 PM

Jul 2013
xchee said:
That was fast. Well it's a fun show (so far) so it's good news. I think.

Akari: "Chaika."
Chaika: "Yes Chaika."
Akari: "Chaika."

Best conversation ever.

HAHA yeah. 10/10 for conversation XD

Can't wait for this.

Hoping the rest of the first season will be good.
May 14, 2014 7:24 PM

Jul 2010
Wohoooo another season !!!
I wonder erring how will this end it can't like that .
Wohoooo second season

Noragami can't because the manga still needs more chapters.
But I am reading it instead.
May 14, 2014 8:15 PM

Oct 2013
haha nice enjoying this one will def watch season 2
[/quote]
May 14, 2014 8:28 PM

May 2013
Great news. It feels like I'm waiting for season 2 of WIXOSS too. More Chaika please!
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 14, 2014 10:34 PM

Oct 2010
This just made my day. There's nothing more thrilling than knowing one of your favorites for the season is continuing.
May 14, 2014 10:49 PM

Apr 2010
May 15, 2014 1:37 AM

Jan 2011
It's a fairly enjoyable show so that's nice.
May 15, 2014 6:44 AM

Nov 2013
JizzyHitler said:
it will probably get a 2nd season eventually, interviews about why they went anime only made them sound like they were already planning it out. Though just seeing that space dandy, captain earth, and now chaika are all 2 cour, seeing noragami be the one that they kind of leave out of the 2 cour treatment is sad. of course im pretty sure chaika and noragami had different animation teams, theres a pretty noticeable artistic difference in the 4 show's art

It's a matter of time I guess..
May 15, 2014 7:12 AM

Nov 2008
there's no need for 2 chaika or even a third. This anime has potential so I will stick with it for now.
May 15, 2014 8:06 AM

Feb 2014
RosyXkid said:
Wohoooo another season !!!
I wonder erring how will this end it can't like that .
Wohoooo second season

Noragami can't because the manga still needs more chapters.
But I am reading it instead.

You know what crap did you just write? Needs more chapters? They adapted 10 chapters of Noragami manga into 10 eps of anime. Currently, Noragami has 42 chapters. How on earth do they need more??

Back to the topic: Dark Horse of this season which I hold as very strong with a bunch of enjoyable anime. (Bokura , Mahouka (currently readin novels), Break Blade (fan of whole series including manga and movies), Gonkoku no Brynhildr, Black Bullet (too rushed but concenpt as whole is not bad)

TL;DR: great anime and second season looks promising!
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
May 15, 2014 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
i like
Hate Keeps me warm
May 15, 2014 5:11 PM

May 2008
Thanks will look forward to this <3
May 15, 2014 10:42 PM
Mar 2014
Chaika is now my new waifu
May 16, 2014 6:14 PM
Nov 2013
Fuck yes, favorite show of the season is getting another cour! Too fucking excited right now.
May 16, 2014 6:25 PM

Aug 2013
Wow, this is great news! I'm loving the anime. It seems underrated in my opinion. Can't wait for fall though :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 17, 2014 10:24 AM

Jul 2008
Is that show even popular enough to warrant a second season?

Don't get me wrong, I'm watching it and I'm also enjoying it. I think it's a nice show and the news about a second season please me. Still it surprise me greatly.

This seems like the underdog show of the season, the one that isn't much known and doesn't get that much recognition from people. Usually these kind of show do not get a second season and it's even more rare that they get a second season announcement before verifying the actual sales of the first season.
May 17, 2014 10:41 AM

Nov 2013
Shangetsu said:
Is that show even popular enough to warrant a second season?

Don't get me wrong, I'm watching it and I'm also enjoying it. I think it's a nice show and the news about a second season please me. Still it surprise me greatly.

This seems like the underdog show of the season, the one that isn't much known and doesn't get that much recognition from people. Usually these kind of show do not get a second season and it's even more rare that they get a second season announcement before verifying the actual sales of the first season.

It's split cour, so most likely it was planned from the beginning that it would be like this.
May 17, 2014 2:25 PM

Nov 2009
Thank you for more Chaika
May 17, 2014 3:34 PM

Apr 2011
Finally a good anime gets a second season (@Ikkitousen, Space Dandy, Selector infected, Hamatora - and few other craps that don't deserve a 2nd)
May 18, 2014 4:49 AM

Jul 2008
Yes! I predicted it and glad it will happen :)
May 18, 2014 9:05 AM

Jul 2012
Ah shoot >< Should have picked this show up this season. Now I have to watch it.
May 18, 2014 12:44 PM
May 2013
mayukachan said:
Ah shoot >< Should have picked this show up this season. Now I have to watch it.

Tsk tsk you been missing out on a fun one. Although considering the sheer volume of new anime this season I guess you can be forgiven LOL.

As for Chaika, does anyone know if the novel has gotten a significant boost from the anime?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

15 by Andromeda »»
31 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
1 hour ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.