Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 4, 2014 2:52 PM

Jan 2011
I really liked the interaction between Teppei and Akari and their respective parent.

Regarding belly button forte..if they use it once in a while it's fine. They introduced it, and Hana got to use it, too. I think she will not do it again while wearing a dress, seeing that it's offensive. Unless she takes that too literaly and tries it at an enemy. Heck, might even work.. As there are no other female MCs, and i doubt they will make the guys do it, it should be okay.

Teppei's dad was nice, too. Murder isn't nice, but if you are willing to go that far for someone, you must really care about them. And he didn't find Akari's "magic" weird, he simply went along with it. We didn't really get to know him, but so far he seems like a good guy.
May 4, 2014 6:22 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, Hana, can you stop being so lewd? xD
I hope she was atleast wearing panties, not that he didn't already saw her nude anyway.

I still don't get what the fuck are these artificial childrens. The father did talk about meeting his mom at his age, meaning that it must have been a normal impregnation. Ehhh, I don't know anymore I'm confused.

Also, what are these mark on his hands? What is that countdown for? Does he have one use left to become a Kill-T-Gang? But why then would he tell Hana that he wouldn't be the same after he use the Kill-T-Gang?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 4, 2014 6:22 PM
Feb 2014
Great episode. Eiji's a BA, more of him please.

minor gripe:
Nishikubo is becoming way too lenient as if he's somewhat just there as the director's tool to progress the story. How's he a base commander anyways? It's great to send the kids to see their parents, but risking their lives for a mission that could be done by someone else and even the possibility of handing over what the enemy wanted in the first place. But I guess it'd be boring otherwise.

dat tranq watch
reminds me of Case Closed lol
sephatuMay 4, 2014 6:25 PM
May 4, 2014 9:13 PM

Jan 2011
they look more like brothers...

i thought Teppei's rainbow on hand can do some attacking?

Akari is actually quite ok if she not pulling up her shirt^^
May 5, 2014 1:56 AM

Oct 2009
So much better than the last ridiculous episode.
Hopefully Daichi gets some kind of development like Teppie cos right now he's just.....meh.
Need more Hana </3
May 5, 2014 12:33 PM

Oct 2011
NOOOOOOOO T___T
May 5, 2014 1:44 PM

Aug 2009
The physics in this show make no sense at all.

Still waiting for moar Star Driver like insert songs. SD is definitely better than this till now.
May 5, 2014 3:23 PM

Sep 2008
Ishida Akira ♥
I have hope we will see Teppei's dad again :D

Whole episode focused on Teppei *.*
He is so cute! >.<
TeppeixAkari moments in this episode *.*
I think I will start ship them xD

Want more episodes only with Teppei!
Want more episodes only with TeppeixAkari!
Want more episodes like this! *.*
May 5, 2014 3:56 PM

Jul 2013
Not familiar with mecha shows, but the physics in this episode made me cringe.
Still, quite a good episode, I feel like those two should be the leads.

So, something I still don't get the plot.
There's a threat to Earth, Globe fight it back.
Within Globe there's people who is allied with the threat, and among those there are two diffents groups ?

Also, next episode pv did a great job of spoiling what's ahead.
May 5, 2014 5:24 PM

Jul 2010
Quite boring episode, lots of character developments though which is fine. Good to see the main character is back next episode.
May 5, 2014 9:26 PM

Apr 2013
There's always one show a season that I simply can't follow for some reason. I have no idea what's happening in the story. I know that there's a group assembled in Tanegashima to fight avatar invaders from Mars and that there's a group called Salty Dog who is vying with them for control over defense of the Earth. I know that there's three kids with some sort of power. One manifested a gun out of thin air and uses it to summon a massive mech and one of the other ones can create rainbows for some reason and appears to be a Martian, but he has the genes of a human. Then there's a really tan girl who does. . . something. I'm sure it'll clear up later, but as of now everything is very poorly explained. There's very little context and the forward momentum is oddly paced.
May 6, 2014 12:02 AM

May 2013
Pretty good episode. I found some kind of shipping for Teppei and Akari.

Anyways, I want to know more about Teppei's dad and his backstory. Well, Daichi is having 'my restraint!' here.
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 6, 2014 4:23 AM

Apr 2013
A little spaceship adventure and we got to see Teppei's dad.
May 6, 2014 11:05 AM

Mar 2010
This show seems to be very high on friends/family motives. A little refreshing after all the war/peace stuff that I've seen.

"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
May 8, 2014 8:23 AM

Dec 2008
Poor Teppei... I hope that's not the last he sees of his "father."

Sent with Mal Updater
May 8, 2014 11:42 AM

Aug 2012
firstly prayer circle for no TeppeixAkari romance. you've got a good friendship thing going there, pls dont

This show once again for another week.....makes no effort to explain itself and its jargon. Not complaining, it still does a decent job being intriguing but its still kinda strange that it's taking no strides to ease the audience into it? The show's atmosphere and tone already seems so heavy despite the fact that its only been 5 eps. We've barely gotten an introduction to our main cast and their dynamics, or the setting. It just feels...weird....
May 8, 2014 12:29 PM

Feb 2014
TheMightyJojo said:
firstly prayer circle for no TeppeixAkari romance. you've got a good friendship thing going there, pls dont

im joining this circle, all these kids' friendships are sweet + should not go in a romance direction
May 8, 2014 2:22 PM

Jun 2008
crossodile said:
TheMightyJojo said:

im joining this circle, all these kids' friendships are sweet + should not go in a romance direction

Joining the circle too, but I'm afraid the pairings were decided from the start, look at the opening and ending... Seems like a "two pairs, no loose ends, how neat" situation.

The pacing and worldbuilding are still weird, but I like this episode better than previous one. Both Teppei and Akari would be better protagonists than Daichi Ex Machina.
May 9, 2014 7:53 AM

Jul 2011
Not much mecha this week, but it is surely the finest series of the genre in this season, I love it :)
May 9, 2014 1:49 PM
Nov 2013
Can someone explain something to me? If the Ark faction, which is the people in the space bases, are against the Intercept faction, which is the earth people, why is it that when the Earth Engine is launched, it goes through a transformation in space using the same space things that the Ark faction owns?
May 9, 2014 4:11 PM

Apr 2008
Haha, the ep 4 preview TOTALLY did make it seem like Enji was some kind of gene donor huh?

Since this is BONES, there is a lot of sentimental attachments in the show. They should work on the fighting since this is about alien invasions and a robot GLOBE awesomely made (apparently two? What was on the Tenkaido)
May 11, 2014 1:45 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

This episode seems to have all the traits that distinguish one episode of transitions, may be partly true, but the story is coming on well, albeit slowly. Not known card repetitiveness in the plot of each episode is that, it is a point in its favor. Narrative, as said before, a little slow, but well benefit the players who have the opportunity to grow, then we do not know the plans of the Bones for this anime. Drawings and animations optimal level, even on the same level scenarios. After getting to know the father of Teppei, I'm curious to know also the mother now.
For me, the series is enjoyable, and I is not disappointing, I await the next.
I see that users who follow the series is dropping very ... mah! I do not know why the mecha genre here, do not go in so genius!
May 11, 2014 10:44 AM

Jul 2012
Is that Ishida Akira I hear?.... IT IS! Hell yeah.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm loving this. It really pulls away from the typical mecha and does it in it's own day. This show manages to do what others can't - pull me into the story. Even if the dad just got introduced, I had a few feels just from watch the family reunite and the obvious death flags.

WhisperBit said:
This show seems to be very high on friends/family motives. A little refreshing after all the war/peace stuff that I've seen.

This! Really liking how it's not that dark and lacks action. The slice of life is great.
May 11, 2014 2:28 PM

Aug 2012
Why do girls in anime always have to do something stupid that is probably supposed to be sexy, but really isn't at all? Belly button charm or whatever. If the guys did that everyone would finally be as disturbed as I am. Sorry for my stupid little rant.
May 12, 2014 12:00 AM

Aug 2012
Very interesting episode. A nice change of pace for the series. And some interesting back story info with some character development as well. Pretty nice.
Now I understand the difference between the "arc" and "intercept" factions
May 12, 2014 5:02 PM

May 2012
01:40 is that his remaining life?

02:20 Hana: Teppei no baka!

Aasu Enjin, Ekkusupando!
6.5/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 13, 2014 7:56 PM

Feb 2011
It's nice to have a dad that is sightly older than you huh Teppei ? :P anyway, i am glad to hear Akira Ishida voice again it's have been a while since i heard his voice lol
May 14, 2014 3:38 AM

Aug 2013
Oooh so that's what Ark and Intercept means. That's one question answered :p

I laughed hard at the doctor's reaction when Hana did the belly button forte XD~!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 14, 2014 6:31 PM

Apr 2012
Hana:*flashes* "do you feel better now?"

me: "yes"
Nov 28, 2014 9:34 PM

Jun 2014
I like how everyone can freely switch between space-floating and standing / walking whenever they want with zero gravity. Realistic, no?
Dec 8, 2014 3:34 AM

Feb 2012
Slow episode.

Teppei and his dad :(

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 24, 2016 2:16 PM

Aug 2015
Slow episode but I liked it. I like character building episodes as long as the plot kicks in eventually.
May 23, 2022 6:20 AM
Jan 2020
Son and Dad drama with Ishida Akira voicing Eiji. Where have I seen this before?
Sep 22, 2022 12:10 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Poor Teppei... finally got to meet his father only to have him taken again. The dude seems decent.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

144 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 3:35 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

42 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:57 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

46 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:29 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

43 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:05 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

34 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 28, 2022 7:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.