Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 2, 2014 10:47 PM

Mar 2014
I thought that the relationship of them was Chitaru x Hitsugi before I watched this episode. But this episode showed Hitsugi x Chitaru was correct. I got shocked although the self-person reference of Hitsugi was a male form from the beginning. ><

Then, the answer of the riddle was very simple, but it confused me. Moreover, I was disappointed a little because I liked Haruki.
May 2, 2014 10:51 PM

May 2012
Good episodes. The action was very good in this episode
May 2, 2014 11:27 PM

Mar 2013
Is there ever going to be any actual yuri in this yuri anime, or...?

This whole "assassin of the week" formula's disappointing. It doesn't work for a plot like this, at least not in the way they're approaching it. I really don't care about these girls because I'm not being given the time to, and despite the apparent high risks and danger in these elaborately not-that-amazing fight scenes, no one's dying. They're not even being seriously injured. Just a flower and "woops, looks like she got expelled!" isn't exciting, and neither are these fucking invulnerable main characters. Tokaku is just OP, and when it's paired with how she's sorta personalityless and stoic, it's boring. Monster of the week scenarios can work amazingly, but it's not working very well here.
May 2, 2014 11:30 PM
Mar 2014
Hahaha the teachers reaction at the end was hilarious.

Pretty good fight, glad Haruki didn't die.
May 2, 2014 11:58 PM
Oct 2010
This should requires some of them to die, and imo if they want to use the monster of the week formula, they really need to use the first half of the episode to build the characters (beside the two MCs). This show so far is meh, and I think it's precisely because everyone seems to walk away happy, and given what the show is about that just doesn't work here.
May 3, 2014 2:09 AM

Mar 2014
This episode really pissed me off:/ my Haruki tho! Well waiting for an episode where Banba gonna nail Tokaku/Haru with her big ass hammer!

come on come on..where's the Yuri already?
May 3, 2014 3:28 AM

Jan 2014
Good villain in this ep, much more backstory to it than the previous ones. Hopefully the anime keeps going in this direction, as we uncover more of azuma's past. Finally glad the OST for the fight scene was used to a lengthier extent, made it a enjoyable experience.

May 3, 2014 4:51 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
No, they just kicked Kyouko Haruki out of the show. AW
I really liked her too...
To release her burden of her family in an attempt to make her family happy
Oooo that hits home..

I enjoyed this episode, but the action scenes seemed kinda meh to me.
I hope she didn't die and went home.... but I do feel like she did die.

Loving all end songs so far. Keep them coming please!
May 3, 2014 7:16 AM

Apr 2013
not a fan of her attempted self sacrifice. if her plan fails and she dies while haru lives: no help for her family and haruki is gone too so her family would have ended up in a worse spot.

haruki was a good character. hope she survived and got back to her family, sadly i feel that by the end of the series it will be revealed that everyone who failed their attempt was killed, and it was probably nio who did it. atleast the end of the episode with otoya seemed to be hinting at it

xSanoxMay 3, 2014 7:22 AM
May 3, 2014 7:29 AM

Jan 2014
Okay...I'll try to stay as balanced as possible during this, but that might be hard given a certain scene near the end of this episode...

We got a lot of backstory in this episode for quite a few characters,

The fight scene between Haruki and Tokaku was really well done, I especially liked the lighting changes that (correct me if I'm wrong) I think symbolised the colours of the two clans to good effect.

And, lastly, the yuri.
May 3, 2014 7:54 AM

Mar 2012
Zelot said:
No, they just kicked Kyouko Haruki out of the show.
lol'd
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
May 3, 2014 10:02 AM

Jan 2014
I'm glad that Haruki didn't die, so she didn't have to leave her family behind. Nothing special about the fighting, a bit intense but that was pretty much it... I wouldn't complain if we were to see more fighting scenes but of course backstory and such are important too :3
May 3, 2014 11:02 AM

Jun 2013
so an assassin anime where none of the girls get killed except for maybe the 1st girl who attacked the arbitrator. Atleast we dont know yet.
May 3, 2014 11:42 AM

Feb 2011
no, its like this, there wont be any uncensored version
May 3, 2014 12:21 PM

Dec 2012
SimmianPrime said:
Best girl is now gone.

Seconded.
May 3, 2014 1:21 PM

Sep 2013
Sovietcong said:
SimmianPrime said:
Best girl is now gone.

Seconded.

Please, Mio>Banba>>>Haruki <3
May 3, 2014 4:26 PM

May 2013
Sovietcong said:
SimmianPrime said:
Best girl is now gone.

Seconded.
Thirded
"Why the hell is it so easy to make people mad, and so difficult to make them smile?" -Kurosawa Dono
May 3, 2014 4:36 PM

Mar 2012
FadingLight77 said:
Sovietcong said:
SimmianPrime said:
Best girl is now gone.

Seconded.
Thirded

WHAT!? WHEN THE HELL DID NIO GO!?

In all honesty, though, I liked Haruki. Maybe it's because of those onee-chan vibes she gave off. Not to mention, she and Kaminaga have had the best EDs so far.
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
May 3, 2014 5:49 PM

Sep 2013
Still wanna know if the assassins are killed or just let go. And I like the assassin in this episode. And talk about Azuma falcon kick!

May 3, 2014 8:52 PM

Aug 2008
I'm going to miss Haruki. She's the one i"m interested most so far.

So if Haruki die,the money still go to her family but since she fail but still alive,does her money still go to her family?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
May 4, 2014 4:29 AM

Feb 2012
The pace of this show is quite fast for me to enjoy...
May 4, 2014 5:51 AM

Apr 2013
Haruki was my fave ;w;
May 4, 2014 6:42 AM
Oct 2013
I will never understand Haru carelessness. She knows everyone wants her dead yet she hangs with them and acts like nothing is wrong.
May 4, 2014 1:28 PM

May 2013
meh, the protagonist is a bit to overpowered for my taste.

Nio best girl though
May 4, 2014 2:55 PM
Dec 2012
Akuma-chan let's hope that Haru won't backstab yo in the end that innocent might be a split personality but since it's a yuri anime well may be not but a twist is expected
May 4, 2014 3:03 PM
Dec 2012
Amon-Raw said:
jiraiya_sensei said:
OMG the bullshit!!! All of them happened to stand in the gaps?

For once I thought "wow Haruki's a competent assassin" because she did what everyone should've done from the beginning (handing a notice and then waste no time to kill) but then what did she do? choose a killing method that offers chance for resistance and took a long time to execute.

Have these assassins never heard of guns, knife, or any kind of blunt object? Haruki could've stabbed Haru's neck (fatal injury) or bludgeon her to death or shot her head and be done with it. Just because she made that inquiry to Nio doesn't mean she has to force herself to do a suicide-murder. That's just stupid!

How did a girl with a seemingly wholesome family (albeit most likely orphaned) become an assassin in the first place anyway? when exactly did she receive the training to become one?

The only good things in this episode were the fan service and ending song.

Yup the anime trailer had me fooled because this junk is bad ESPECIALLY with a dumb MC who knows everyone wants to kill her and still plays dumb and even tries to be their friends on top of all that is just stupid just complete nonsense, only so much I can take so I'm done with this.

go read DOUBT manga and you will find this anime funnier , I quote Enigma from Dota "Reality is illusion."
May 4, 2014 3:05 PM

Jul 2013
well that escalated quickly lol
how to turn a somehow normal girl into a killer with a phonecall

the tokaku's past and ending parts saved the episode... this is going to be the same each week..
May 4, 2014 3:31 PM

Jan 2014
Gone was my favorite character in this series ;___;
May 4, 2014 8:05 PM

Apr 2007
There goes one best girl :( I hope Isuke doesn't leave any time soon. Suzu is cool too.

jiraiya_sensei said:
How did a girl with a seemingly wholesome family (albeit most likely orphaned) become an assassin in the first place anyway? when exactly did she receive the training to become one?
Since when does everyone need training to be an assassin? The episode seemed to imply that Haruki trained herself simply to make money for her poor family. Which may also be why she failed so miserably in the end.
May 4, 2014 8:36 PM

Jun 2013
Can someone refresh me on what happens to an assassin he she fails to kill Haru? I feel like they mentioned before that there's a consequence for failing the task, but for the life of me I cannot remember what it is or when it was mentioned.
May 4, 2014 11:49 PM

May 2013
Aww, why Haruki's so fast? But, I love that she's straight forward in this episode.

The last part is so funeeh.
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 5, 2014 6:47 AM

Oct 2013
And Haru just HAS to get caught again.

I wish this was more like Bokurano,where we get decent backstory of every character.

It felt like the assassin this time was a good character on the manga,but for the anime you dont really feel it and therefore you cant love the character like Bokurano.
May 5, 2014 7:11 AM
Aug 2012
ryanstrike said:
Haruki went home. Next week, who's next?

Well
are next

Mod Edit: spoiler tags added.Don't reveal information that hasn't been shown in the anime yet.
rodacMay 5, 2014 4:05 PM
May 5, 2014 8:41 AM

Sep 2013
How far is the manga in Japan anyway? :(
May 5, 2014 2:44 PM

Sep 2011
CreationBreaker said:
FadingLight77 said:
Sovietcong said:
SimmianPrime said:
Best girl is now gone.

Seconded.
Thirded

Fourthed (issat even correct?)
I like Haruki a lot, she had this awesome likeable feeling around her. But I start to be slightly annoyed by Haru cause of all the forgiveness she's going on about. I wouldn't take it so easy if a gal that was getting friendly with me would be trying to murder me in cold blood....
Anyway, can't wait for Ep6.
May 5, 2014 6:36 PM

Mar 2014
I'm loving this series more and more!

It's such a pity, though, that Haruki is gone. :/ I love her! She's my favorite! But her family needs her more than I do. ;D
No fangirling, no life.
May 5, 2014 6:36 PM

Nov 2013
Every AnR episode ever:

Classmate tries to get on Haru's good side

Naive Haru becomes friends with them

Naive Haru falls into their trap

Naive Haru gets tortured

Tokaku saves the day

*sigh* When will this anime ever shy away from the generic AnR formula? All these episodes feel the same only with different assassins and slightly altered tactics.

That part where Haruki whispered in Nio's ear and was inaudible to the viewers gave the episode a bit more uncertainty and suspense but as always, it ends with Tokaku and Haru completely and absolutely fine!

3/5

May 5, 2014 11:06 PM
Apr 2014
Aw Haruki was one of the characters I really liked. I'll be sad to see her go. At least she had a good reason and put up a good fight. Though definitely not a *great* fight. I swear, this anime is giving me the false impression that I'd be amazingly competent as an assassin or something. All these supposedly skilled assassins are making some ridiculously ill-thought-out choices in their methods.
May 6, 2014 3:13 PM

Mar 2014
Oh comon i wanna see more messed up merciless assassins not soft-on-the-inside ones.3/5
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
May 6, 2014 10:32 PM

Jun 2011
Its a shame that one of my favorites out of the bunch had to leave so quickly... Still I'm very glad that she didn't end up dying :')
May 7, 2014 10:56 AM

Aug 2013
I can't be the only one getting bored of this formula. I want some kind of twist. Like haru all of a sudden kills or attempts to kill Azuma. Or haru actually getting killed.
May 7, 2014 6:29 PM

Aug 2013
Good episode, I'm sorry to see Tokaku go...she was one of my favorites.
My Candies:
May 7, 2014 7:29 PM
Jul 2012
Favorite episode so far. The classmates make assassinations look so hard though... All they have to do is get a knife out, cut her throat and be done with it, yet they just torture Haru. Although, if it wasn't like this Haru would've been killed already. xD
May 8, 2014 12:00 AM

Jul 2012
Haru being friendly to her would-be killers is still hard to swallow.

Will every assassination attempt end with the assassin still alive? Though I probably wouldn't mind either way.
May 8, 2014 8:24 PM

May 2014
I was a little afraid at the beginning that this was going to be a typical school festival episode, but Haruki changed .the mood wonderfully when she stated that it's all a lie :D

I was hoping that since Haruki was being focused on this week she'd reveal information. On Haru since Nio already gave her some background information about Haru butchering her family

Was anyone else hoping that Haruki would still be in the next EP. Since this was only the 1st 24 hours of her assassination attempt? I guess she couldn't be since she got pretty injured (probably should have died) at the end.

The music in this series is so great! I'm glad to see another good ending song. Would anyone happen to know when the soundtrack and full versions will come out? I'm not really sure how it works since they have a new ending every week.
shiro143May 11, 2014 12:59 PM
May 10, 2014 1:43 PM

Oct 2009
Meh..this is getting boring. The same formula every week.
Honestly I thought Azuma would be a nice MC but now shes just so dam boring but I really hope this picks up and something interesting actually happens.

Nio still best girl!
May 11, 2014 8:12 AM

Jan 2011
Nobody died yet and it's getting repetitive, I'm disappointed. Q_Q
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 11, 2014 3:46 PM

Jan 2013
Formulaic, not as violent as it could have been.
May 12, 2014 8:48 AM

Jul 2012
Dammit. So this show is going to be "Assassin of the Week" :/

Still okay thought. The action scenes are great.
May 12, 2014 11:08 PM
Apr 2014
The premise for this show is fantastic however the execution could be so much better. It really frustrates me that the mystery element in the first couple of episodes seems to have disappeared and there is now an obvious and predictable formula with the assassins failing one by one.

I'll stick with the show since its enjoyable but its annoying since it could be so much more than what we've got so far, I'm holding my breath though.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

124 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2014

179 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

369 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 29, 2023 9:47 AM

Poll: » Male version of akuma no riddle

CrimsonCandy - Jun 8, 2014

14 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 27, 2023 8:11 PM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Mar 31, 2014

311 by VonNaturAustreVe »»
Oct 11, 2022 6:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.