Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 24, 2014 10:37 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh shit, a trap. Seriously, I don't think they're going to safe at any time at all in this school. Kouko..I think the one that refers herself as representative makes her moves. Damn, seems like almost none of the girls have a good childhood. At any rate, Haru and Tokaku needs to seriously be careful.

The OST was decent. At this rate though, I think it's going to be one assassin per episode.

Apr 24, 2014 2:04 PM

Mar 2014
Solid episode. The little bits of back story are nice. Traps everywhere! I want to see what the little girl with the teddy bear can do already since she's an assassin and all. This anime is coming along pretty nicely. I already know which characters I want to see live and who i want to see dead. Nice to see that not all the assassins are all cold and heartless people.
Zanos1Apr 24, 2014 2:17 PM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Apr 25, 2014 4:23 AM

Apr 2013
Not a bad episode. I don't see why the church would keep her on as an assassin after she failed like that in the flashback.
Apr 25, 2014 4:46 AM

May 2013
Okay. I feel bad for Kouko on her past. Its just *sniffs*

Pretty decent episode. Tokaku is a genius one, ahahaha. Be careful always Haru.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Apr 25, 2014 4:58 AM

Jan 2012
Haru is so naive... it's pissing me off --"
and I still wonder why her life is worth so much... even more than her brother(s) which is weird imo
Apr 25, 2014 5:08 AM

Aug 2013
Haru is an idiot and she's seriously starting to get really annoying.

Haru gets notice -> Haru still acts carefree -> Haru does something stupid -> Tokaku comes and saves the day
*rinse repeat*

I'm starting to get disillusioned.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 25, 2014 5:52 AM

Mar 2014
an ok episode , still haru is starting to get annoying really
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2014 7:08 AM

Apr 2013
Another easy game over. Are most of the girls just half-baked assassins? They keep getting bother by their past or crap. Nio better not disappoint.
Apr 25, 2014 8:00 AM

Feb 2010
They have mentioned "The Azuma bloodline" several times, I am curious...
YangbojianApr 25, 2014 9:59 AM
Apr 25, 2014 8:16 AM

Jan 2014
I didn't think that this episode could have been worse than the last one.
I didn't like any of it, the main assassin this time was worthless than the scissors girl.
Maybe the bombs thing save her a little bit but she was useless..
If all the assassins are this valuable, I get why there are 11 of hem trying to kill one single girl.
The battle at the end was horrible, and hd Kouko's past was inconsistent, I didn't feel a thing.
Apr 25, 2014 9:02 AM

Feb 2014
I like all these back stories on the assassins. Showing them from being as different from a psychotic serial killer, all the way to someone who just wants to start a normal life. I just wish we knew more about Azuma.
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players"
Shakespeare.
Apr 25, 2014 9:21 AM

Jan 2009
1. The idea of finding a forbidden book in a library is quite interesting

2. Dam, this show has gotten predictable. U already know the current assassin-of-the-week will fail

3. This ED song is a godsend. Such a mellow/calm feeling. I found something awesome without looking for it

7/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 25, 2014 9:27 AM

Dec 2012
Those who fail really have to die in the end? It's really disturbing.
So, I guess in each episode we'll see this routine? The "assassins" failing one by one? I kinda lost my hope now. Anyway,this time the assassin made me sad unlike the previous one.
I'm still waiting for the yuri.
Apr 25, 2014 10:19 AM

Dec 2012
Didn't feel any sympathy for the new assassin this time simply because it was over in a span of an episode. Wasn't feeling it and the assassin per week looks like what the show will succumb to.
Apr 25, 2014 10:27 AM

Sep 2013
Please tell us in the end if they are alive or not, this is unbearable.
Glasses girl has a nice body thou ;)
Apr 25, 2014 10:43 AM

Apr 2014
Haru really is an idiot. But her naivety makes her so cute. :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2014 10:55 AM

Jul 2013
If you put Aruka from Blade & Soul into the black class, this show would be over by episode 2 (because episode 1 is introduction =p)

During lunch break,

Haru: "what's that, a notice?"

Aruka: *neck slash*

The end.
Apr 25, 2014 11:06 AM

Mar 2014
To be honest, the performance of the VA of Kouko was terribly bad. And the answer of the fourth riddle was more simple than I expected.

Watching through this episode, I began to think this is like a story about a seductive girl and a serious boy who ruins himself by her. A...femme fatale? or the like. I started to regard Haru as the final enemy against Tokaku. By the way, I like Nio's rude polite-form and very arrogant attitude of Isuke. I wish that those two will survive in Kurogumi until the final.

P.S. That bomb could tear Tokaku's clothes, but couldn't blow off her brassiere. I like it.
Apr 25, 2014 11:28 AM
Oct 2013
Haru's really stupid. good episode tho, and that ending. that's a nice touch actually, having a different ending every episode.
Apr 25, 2014 11:41 AM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Too bad that they decided to go with the assassin-of-the-week episodic formula.
Apr 25, 2014 11:53 AM
Mar 2013
pretty sure Each ending is going to be Specifically Tied to the Assassin who tried and failed in their Attempt XD. Its also nice that Each assassin has a Differant Motivation and back story as to why their trying to Kill Haru.
Apr 25, 2014 12:12 PM

Dec 2011
Kaminaga clearly wasn't suited for the assassin job as others have stated, she was the weakest until now.
Haru really is gullible and she puts way too much faith in the fact that the rest of the girls are not really going to try and assassinate her.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 25, 2014 12:38 PM

Aug 2012
Why didn't Kaminaga just try to kill them by putting a huge bomb with an activation button and just wait until both of them walk into their room?

Why don't just all of the girls team up and try to kill them all at once?

What happens if they kill her and don't do the 'announce it first' thing? Do they get killed too?

Why do they have to kill Haru in the first place?

Why is Haru in their class if everyone is trying to kill her, obviously the person who transferred her there could kill her easily.

Why did Haru and Tokaku go into the library, why don't they just stay locked up in their room all day???

WHY DID YOU TOUCH THE BOOK THAT WAS OBVIOUSLY A TRAP?

This show is okay if you train off your brain for a bit. I also like the character ending songs.
Apr 25, 2014 1:24 PM

Jul 2013
Yep this feels rushed allright...

Not bad episode, and wont be a bad show, but the wasted potential saddens me... This could be much better with a proper execution... Again it is not bad, but it could be great.

As for the episode itself, didnt care at all for Iincho-chan (again, too rushed), and it looks like this will be a trend for me with most of the girls, exceptions for the one's with cool concepts that dont really need development and/or background to be interesting (Banba, Hashiri and Sagae, with possible addition of Hanabusa)

Also, goddam Hashiri is awesome, she deserves more screen time
Apr 25, 2014 1:30 PM

Dec 2012
I know some people are starting to get annoyed at Haru but to be honest, I like her "carefree" and "naive" attitude. I'm also in love with her VA lol. Heck I really like Haru overall as a character. :P. Tokaku though, I'm a bit on the fence about her. In some cases I like her, in others she's just way too cold compared to the other assassins. I was hoping Haru would change that a bit but so far it seems the opposite in a way. The first ep or two she looked like she was changing, now she's completely opposite of that.

Also - To anyone that reads the LN or whatever - is this series actually Yuri? So far besides the first/second ep where Tokaku started falling for her a bit, she's been completely withdrawn after she said she would protect her. Hell she even told Haru not to cling to her in the episode.

So I'm seriously wondering when the Yuri is going to kick in?!?!

Overall though, good episode! I'm glad they are putting in the backstory. I just wish it wasn't a 1 assassin per episode deal. I hope the series doesn't feel rushed by the time it really get's going.

EDIT: One thing I'm not really liking about this series is the short action scenes. I seriously hope we get more then 30 seconds to a minute of action as the series starts to ramp up. This episode only had like 30 seconds of nonstop action and it was just repeat animations for the most part while the girl was crying and expressing her wish. Seriously? I hope that changes!
xPreatorianxApr 25, 2014 1:39 PM
Apr 25, 2014 1:37 PM

Jul 2010
Koko's turn. Nice backstory.
Haru is an idiot.
Chitaru's aim is not Haru?
Tokaku vs Koko was short :(

New ED sung by Yoshimura Haruka, the seiyuu of Kaminaga Kouko
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Apr 25, 2014 1:40 PM

Dec 2012
AsukaTenjyoin said:
Koko's turn. Nice backstory.
Haru is an idiot.
Chitaru's aim is not Haru?
Tokaku vs Koko was short :(

New ED sung by Yoshimura Haruka, the seiyuu of Kaminaga Kouko

Ya that's the one thing I'm not liking about this series so far. The action scenes are way too damn short. But with Haru, I guess I'm alone in being the only one who likes her naive, and upbeat personality. It gives a nice contrast with the "assassins" storyline and atmosphere.

The yuri better ramp up a bit too!! I want to see some development between Haru and Tokaku. I'm also wondering what Chitaru meant?!? So is she simply a protector then?
Apr 25, 2014 1:51 PM

Jan 2014
I like Haru too, and we've already seen that she's not that naive.
She definitely has something behind her back.
Again, if she was a whatever girl, there wouldn't be 11 assassins behind her.

Tokaku is empty. She's only that, not cold.
Apr 25, 2014 2:13 PM

Feb 2010
I liked this episode more than last one but still I wish they would take more time to flesh out the characters.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 25, 2014 2:18 PM

Aug 2013
Not sure what Haru is thinking when she is the target of these assassins...
My Candies:
Apr 25, 2014 2:21 PM

Sep 2011
I'm hoping there will be a plot twist where Haru is secretly a badass and the reason she doesn't really worry about the assassins or take them seriously is because they just have no chance against her. The only reason she worries at all is because she doesn't want them to hurt Tokaku...or something like that.

I know it's not likely but that would be cool.
Apr 25, 2014 2:25 PM
Sep 2011
Honestly the new assasin seemed like she could have been an interesting character, I mean they clearly didn't look at her whole backstory considering how different she seems in the present time line. However since they just killed her I guess that doesn't really matter. I think this show would benefit from having some more developed villains, which that 2 day rule pretty much prevents the show from having all-toghether.

To compare - Minene in Mirai Nikki starts as a Diary owner of the week. She escapes. She develops. She comes back and by the end she is a genuinly well written and entertaining character who a lot of people consider their favorite in the series. Now imagine if Yuno had just stabbed her to death right then and there in episode 2, would anyone even remember her name? For people to care about a character, even a villain, that character needs screentime and the way this show is set up I don't think that will be possible, it is impossible this show if it keeps up like this can create a Minene, which I see as a crippling flaw.
Apr 25, 2014 2:37 PM

Feb 2012
Wait, what happens to the assassins that fail?
Apr 25, 2014 2:39 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode.

Ichinose needed to be more careful.

Kaminaga's back story was alright.
Apr 25, 2014 2:51 PM

Sep 2011
edl01 said:
Honestly the new assasin seemed like she could have been an interesting character, I mean they clearly didn't look at her whole backstory considering how different she seems in the present time line. However since they just killed her I guess that doesn't really matter. I think this show would benefit from having some more developed villains, which that 2 day rule pretty much prevents the show from having all-toghether.

Yeah I agree. It would be more interesting if the failed assassins were allowed to stick around, even if they were no longer eligible to get their wish. What would they do? Would they still go after Haru out of spite or wanting to block other assassins from getting their wishes? Would they just watch? Would they help Haru and Tokaku?
Apr 25, 2014 4:44 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
decent backstory episode. if each char gets one backstory per episode it'll feel repetitive and boring, not to mention one episode is not enough for me to care. this show doesn't look like it'll flesh out development for the characters as higashi_no_kaze stated earlier and that's why i'm dropping it. all this show has running for it is suspense, potential yuri ships, and ... yeah that's it.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Apr 25, 2014 5:40 PM

Apr 2012
this episode was pretty awful/ boring.

I'm sure someone has addressed this but why does Haru speak in the 3rd person.......
Haru is such a terrible MC. I can't even.......
Not like her stoic counterpart, Tokaku is any better......

Apr 25, 2014 6:13 PM

Dec 2010
Zeally said:
this episode was pretty awful/ boring.

I'm sure someone has addressed this but why does Haru speak in the 3rd person.......
Haru is such a terrible MC. I can't even.......
Not like her stoic counterpart, Tokaku is any better......

A lot of female characters in anime refer to themselves in third person, Haru isn't really unique in that regard.

An alright episode! Kaminaga was kind of compelling in how she wanted to be free of being an assassin. Who knows what happened to her though! Also, who will become class representative now? That's the reason I didn't think she would be knocked off so easily.

I feel like it will follow the assassin of the week for maybe half of the series, until they are narrowed down to a core "main" cast.

Chitaru seems interesting, I wonder what she's up to? Also, I'm glad my favorite of the assassins is still in play. My favorite being Suzu Shuto.

I'm going to take a guess at who the next assassin is going to be... I'm going to say that it will be probably Shuto or Shiena, possibly Haruki, but not as likely... It will keep me guessing one way or another!
Apr 25, 2014 6:43 PM

May 2013
not bad ep, waiting for the next ep
Apr 25, 2014 6:55 PM

Apr 2013
Ichinose is so cheerful it makes me sick..
Apr 25, 2014 7:23 PM

Mar 2014
Zeally said:
cyclone1993 said:

A lot of female characters in anime refer to themselves in third person, Haru isn't really unique in that regard.

It is not strange in Japanese. It shows only that her personality is a little childish. The Japanese language has many different styles of first-person references. And it shows one's personality. It is very important because it is expression of characters' personalities in anime.

See this list:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_pronouns
Apr 25, 2014 7:52 PM
Mar 2014
another assassin down like eight more to go... im surprised i thought haru was stupid and boo boo you aint really the best in the class kouko is... pretty good episode though and i wonder whos next to get the boot
Apr 25, 2014 7:54 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Really enjoying all these EDs
Supah cool
Haru though... curiosity killed the cat :/ don't pull the book!!
Apr 25, 2014 8:01 PM

Jul 2012
Alright episode I guess.....
I mean, being the smartest in grades and stuff...but not the best in assassin skills, hence the info. in the middle of the episode, Kouko wasn't the best person to fight. :P I felt bad for her for being....so bad at fighting! D: Oh well....that fight ended quickly anyways. :P

Umm....one thing I want to know is....where is the "real" yuri. I mean, when I saw the yuri tag, I expected....maybe some girls kissing or something? The whole Tokaku caring for Haru and stuff is cute, but....I want to see them get closer....if that's asking for too much or not. :/ Well, not too much to expect from an action anime, so I'm ok with the relationship at the moment. :3 I hope the assassins get stronger in the following episodes! x3
Apr 25, 2014 8:04 PM

Jul 2010
Even tho i don't particularly like Haru, she seems like a light in the darkness in this class.I kinda understand why Tokaku wants to protect her, Haru just wants to live normal life, have normal friends - thats why she's so naive to the point that its becoming ridiculous.It's not a place for her, i hope that she and Tokaku will live.
Also, are those assassins just threw out of class, or are they killed but they don't show it? i wonder.
I can't wait for Nio's episode, she's my favourite character so far.

Great ED as well.Fits Kaminaga very well.
Apr 25, 2014 8:19 PM

Nov 2012
Mmm, am I the only one who feels the music is sounding a bit off in some scenes?
Ex. the scene where Haru reads a letter and finds a bomb in the fridge with "epic style" hollywood soundtrack playing...
Apr 25, 2014 8:55 PM

Apr 2013
Myojo Academy is supposed to be a normal school, so how would absolutely noone, students and staff included, not notice that there was a huge explosion in the library? Someone would have heard something, and even if the client has someone on standby to clean up any traces of the assassination attempts, I think that an entire section of the library blowing up would be noticed by someone normal, causing an investigation and the cancellation of classes.
Apr 25, 2014 9:01 PM

Jul 2013
Everyone's already said everything I wanted to say.

lol
Apr 25, 2014 9:17 PM

Sep 2013
That library assistant's angry face :3

Good fight, that girl really wasn't cut out to be an assassin.

Nice ED.

My guess for the next riddle is a key, but that seems to obvious.
Apr 25, 2014 10:34 PM

Jul 2013
Episode was pretty okay, but I did feel some sympathy about Kouko's past. I kind of knew that Haru is going to be in danger when she took the book out and the explosives go off.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2014

129 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2014

179 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

369 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 29, 2023 9:47 AM

Poll: » Male version of akuma no riddle

CrimsonCandy - Jun 8, 2014

14 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 27, 2023 8:11 PM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Mar 31, 2014

311 by VonNaturAustreVe »»
Oct 11, 2022 6:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.