Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 11, 2014 1:36 AM

Feb 2014
ChoiDalDal said:
the most underrated show this season.

Someone else agrees :D
Apr 11, 2014 1:50 AM
Apr 11, 2014 2:19 AM

Nov 2013
Decent episode. But I would like some explanation to the rules of how one becomes a selector and how their battles work. Still not sure what to think of this show.
Apr 11, 2014 2:43 AM

Jun 2013
@SanaeSnake : thanks.
But I wonder, is it a real game in Japan ?
Apr 11, 2014 3:14 AM

Feb 2014
As for the actual episode, I'm liking the direction the show is moving in, even if I do think Yuzuki got angry with Ruuko far too easily (even though Ruuko isn't supposed to know about her questionable feelings towards Kazuki.) I get the feeling that Yuzuki's eventually gonna self destruct - maybe she'll try confessing to Kazuki, and he'll brush it off as a joke or react with disgust? I dunno.

I'm honestly not too bothered about the fact that they haven't explained the rules of WIXOSS yet - the focus is clearly on the characters with the actual game seeming like more of a framing device for the drama between them. If the plot starts to lean more heavily upon the mechanics of the game but still doesn't explain them, then there's a problem.
ToradocheApr 11, 2014 3:48 AM
Apr 11, 2014 3:39 AM

Sep 2013
ok this episode was a little bit better , Aki Lucky if the next episode will be great or good.
Apr 11, 2014 4:26 AM

Jan 2011
The card game is really uninteresting and I doubt they'll actually explain how to play, so we'll have to rely on SanaeSnake's post for that.
Apr 11, 2014 4:29 AM

Dec 2010
aaaaand it's getting worse, really unnecessarily over-dramatic...
Apr 11, 2014 4:42 AM

Feb 2012
ChoiDalDal said:

According to Wiki, yes. I'm not sure, though. But I would probably buy it and play it if I could.
Apr 11, 2014 5:28 AM

Nov 2012
well from the battle between akira and hitoe it seems like the game makes no fucking sense at all. oh well, i don't really care about the game itself anyway.
the story seems pretty good, at least.
Apr 11, 2014 7:29 AM

Jul 2012
Yeah lots of similarities with Madoka, especially main girl being like "yo I don't have any particular wishes" but at least I'm enjoying this show more.

samesdday said:
http://i.imgur.com/bexhFqg.jpg

best

LOL I giggled at that animation
Apr 11, 2014 7:38 AM

Oct 2012
lol somehow i feel like something bad it gonna have to kazuki at some point in the series.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Apr 11, 2014 8:22 AM

Aug 2013
LOL, yuzuki and her brother complex is highly obvious.

Can they explain why they have this game and how it's made, and how it chooses Selectors!?

Akira. Pliz. Stahp. Youre probs gonna get crushed by yuzuki or ruko xD
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

"There is something in this world that no one has ever seen before. It is gentle and sweet. Maybe if it could be seen, everyone would fight over it. That is why the world hid it, so that no one could get their hands on it so easily. However, someday, someone will find it. The person who deserves it the most will definitely find it. "
— Aisaka Taiga and Takasu Ryuuji
Apr 11, 2014 9:35 AM
Oct 2013
So this show is gonna get Madoka'd?
Apr 11, 2014 9:56 AM

Oct 2009
A step down from the first episode, that was some forced drama there and that stupid flashback? Really?..Usually I am all for incest but I don't like this one.

Urgh Akira is annoying and OP as fuck! Hitoe is..well pathetic.

Ruuko is still kawaii though ;) Need more Tama action!

Creepy preview was the best part!
AozureApr 11, 2014 10:02 AM
Apr 11, 2014 10:48 AM

Oct 2010
I like how the show has a dark feel to it.... but I need an explanation on how the hell do you play that game. I can't feel a tension in a battle if I got no clue how to even tell who's winning and why are they winning.
"People die when they are killed" - Emiya Shirou
Apr 11, 2014 10:50 AM

Feb 2014
SanaeSnake said:
Alright, so I translated a portion of the rules from their website. Maybe this is enough information to know what the battles are supposed to be like in the anime.

Picture of field: http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/wixoss/images/pdf/wixoss_playseat.pdf
SIGNI = Cards you attack with.
LRIG = Your avatar. When your LRIG is attacked, you lose Life Cloth.
Life Cloth = Your HP. You have 7 of them at the start. Once you run out of them, a direct hit to your LRIG will be a game over. You do NOT lose once you run out of Life Cloth. You lose once your LRIG takes a hit afterwards.
ENER = They are a pile you accumulate that you pay costs with. Think of Stock from Weiss Schwarz.
Check Zone = When you take damage, card from Life Cloth goes here to activate any effect that triggers, then goes to ENER Zone.
Trash = Discard pile. Interesting enough, SIGNI that are destroyed by battle don't seem to be placed in the trash but in the ENER Zone instead.

As for phases:
Up Phase.
All cards stand up (vertical).

Draw Phase.
Draw 2 cards except when going first in which you only draw 1 for this phase.

Ener Phase.
You may choose one card from hand and place it in Ener Zone.

Grow Phase.
Grow your LRIG. You know, Tama and Hanayo? They have their own separate deck colored white.

Main Phase.
Self-explanatory for the TCG players. Summon your SIGNI. Activate effects.

Attack Phase.
Self-explanatory. When declare attack by switching your SIGNI horizontally just like in Cardfight Vanguard. Where your is located in your SIGNI Zone matters since they may only attack the one facing opposite of them. For example, middle zone SIGNI may only attack the opponent's middle zone SIGNI. This means that if they have no SIGNI, you may attack directly for damage. Your LRIG can also attack too. I believe they cab attack any SIGNI.

Turn End.
End of your turn.

THANK YOU, but still they should explain this before showing battles...
SCREW THE RULES, I HAVE MONEY!
Apr 11, 2014 10:51 AM

Sep 2012
SanaeSnake said:
Alright, so I translated a portion of the rules from their website. Maybe this is enough information to know what the battles are supposed to be like in the anime.

Picture of field: http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/wixoss/images/pdf/wixoss_playseat.pdf
Life Cloth = Your HP. You have 7 of them at the start. Once you run out of them, a direct hit to your LRIG will be a game over. You do NOT lose once you run out of Life Cloth. You lose once your LRIG takes a hit afterwards.
ENER = They are a pile you accumulate that you pay costs with. Think of Stock from Weiss Schwarz.
Check Zone = When you take damage, card from Life Cloth goes here to activate any effect that triggers, then goes to ENER Zone.
Trash = Discard pile. Interesting enough, SIGNI that are destroyed by battle don't seem to be placed in the trash but in the ENER Zone instead.

As for phases:
Up Phase.

Draw Phase.

Ener Phase.

Grow Phase.
Grow your LRIG. You know, Tama and Hanayo? They have their own separate deck colored white.

Main Phase.

Attack Phase.
Self-explanatory. When declare attack by switching your SIGNI horizontally just like in Cardfight Vanguard. Where your is located in your SIGNI Zone matters since they may only attack the one facing opposite of them. For example, middle zone SIGNI may only attack the opponent's middle zone SIGNI. This means that if they have no SIGNI, you may attack directly for damage. Your LRIG can also attack too. I believe they cab attack any SIGNI.

Turn End.
End of your turn.

Thank you! It was really difficult to understand how the game works. Your explanation helped a lot! :)
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Apr 11, 2014 10:59 AM
Apr 2014
I caught myself saying 'aki lucky!' today.
Apr 11, 2014 11:03 AM
Jan 2010
fanshii said:
DarkDooM2 said:
Should've just not given their mail adresses. How hard can that be?

But then they would have to overpower that one girl with only three people if she blocked their way!! I mean, wow, no way they could've won, right?
^ I swear that moment.

It's just so fucking stupid.
And the entire plot of the episode is centered around this too. Horrible writing.
Apr 11, 2014 11:36 AM

Jan 2011
decent episode little heavy on the melodrama though

and that email thing was the only real stupid part
katsu044Apr 11, 2014 11:39 AM
Apr 11, 2014 11:46 AM

Oct 2011
Thanks for the post about the rules of the game.

Well I hope she beats Akira. But Hitoe vs Ruko OMG. I hope Ruko becomes Hitoe;s first friend T_T
Apr 11, 2014 11:57 AM

Jul 2010
LunamariaHawke said:
SanaeSnake said:

As for phases:
Up Phase.

Draw Phase.

Ener Phase.

Grow Phase.

Main Phase.

Attack Phase.

Turn End.
End of your turn.

THANK YOU. Now I wish they showed the Life cloth gauge, so that we'd know if someone is in the brink of losing.
Also in this ep Hitoe attacked although it's the first turn, that's allowed? The other TCGs I've played the first player may not attack.

In Future Card Buddyfight you're allowed to attack if you go first.

Episode was ok.
New characters are annoying. Dat forced drama<.<
The series is no advertisement for the TCG but apparently focuses on story and characters.
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Apr 11, 2014 1:06 PM

Sep 2013
Not a bad episode i suppose, lot of dislike for Akira but i assume that was just the goal of her character. Kind of want to see Tama kick her LRIG's ass.

Still seems like there's no turns going on, just whoever yells their action quickest and loudest gets to have a turn, even if they've just been..

Wonder how messed up Yuzuki's gonna get with her incest predicament.
LusboxApr 11, 2014 3:36 PM
Apr 11, 2014 1:55 PM

Jan 2013
This episode was very annoying to watch... The card game is confusing, the goals for these girls were obvious, and Aki-LUCKY was a terrible "moe" phrase. Giving this show one more episode and if it doesn't turn around, I'm dropping it.
Signature removed. Because it was too kawaii for all you weeaboos.
Apr 11, 2014 1:57 PM

Apr 2013
I'm so disappointed. It seems to try to be Madoka, but it's not Madoka.
It's really obvious so far with dumb brother complex and shy girls. Really. I'm disappointed.
It's not good at all.
Apr 11, 2014 2:11 PM

Jan 2014
Poor Hitoe-chan; Akira was so merciless.
Still can't understand all the card battle rule thingy, though~

Another battle in the next episode, huh.
Apr 11, 2014 2:33 PM

Jul 2013
didn't know nibutani could be that much of a bully

this episode was somewhat confusing because the rules for the game haven't been completely established. we just get sporadic comments about what's going on during the game. for example, what is the point of the cards that hitoe had? how do you actually even play the game?

i'm kinda curious if we'll get to the see the wishes coming true part. if they do come true, will it be like mahou shoujo madoka magica or fate/ zero where
Apr 11, 2014 3:11 PM

Oct 2013
I'm still hoping that this moves in the direction of being a deconstruction of card game tropes like the incest and the deus ex machina "strategies" rather then just a generic installment. Still has huge potential, provided it moves in that direction soon, or at least more of a psychological one.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
Apr 11, 2014 3:39 PM

Aug 2012
I can't take this show seriously lol, it's all so forced, I dislike card games but the synopsis of the show intrigued me hence why I'm watching it. I don't see this improving at all but for whatever reason I'll continue watching.
Apr 11, 2014 8:37 PM

Aug 2013
I will have to look over the rules, since I don't really get the game.

I was hoping this series would be really dark and mysterious, so hopefully it will get more interesting!

Is Yuzuki in love with her twin? Oh my.. xD
Apr 11, 2014 9:27 PM

Jul 2012
We've got some very emotional girls here. I must say the drama felt forced.

The three of them together can't muster up enough courage to say no to one girl. Either way...I sure hope Yuzuki defeats Akira.

Hitoe challenges Ruuko to a battle...Ruuko better not lose to her on purpose. Now that would really suck.

I'm very interested in the premises but this was an unpleasant episode to watch...for various reasons.
Apr 11, 2014 10:12 PM

Mar 2014
Show feels so creepy to me. Wish the card game was more in depth... if this wasn't so 'psychological' and ominous, I probably wouldn't continue.

And Akira is a complete Aki-bitch.
Apr 11, 2014 10:59 PM

May 2013
Well, not really sure what to think of this anime so far. I don't understand the card battles, so I'm glad they aren't the vast majority of the episodes, though it would be nice if they'd attempt some kind of explanation. Looks like something's going to happen next episode. Looking forward to it.
Insert philosophical quote or exceptional picture here.
Apr 12, 2014 4:12 AM

Dec 2010
Blah, that was a horrible execution of 2nd episode.

Akira's such a bitch, I hope she gets it at some point.
Apr 12, 2014 10:05 AM

Jul 2013
This episode was probably weak then the previous episode.

I have two issues in here; Akira and the incest part. I thought Akira have this sweet personality, but since she has this crappy attitude of hers, I want to see her lose in the next episode. Also the insest part, I would say it's okay, but why do you have feelings for your brother now. Just makes it weird.

The drama was good, but please don't make it too dramatic. I hope these are fixed in later episodes.

Apr 12, 2014 10:07 AM

Jun 2012
This really does feel like madoka; and I'm thinking it could be even better since this animation in this show is much better than madoka's.
Apr 12, 2014 12:54 PM

Aug 2013
I can't... understand... what's going on. No but seriously, there is too many different thing happening in what seem to be one turn xD
Also, that girl got raped mentally.

No wonder Yuzuki felt awkward around the card shop owner :P
She want her brother D. The lust will surely reach a maximum level at one point.

So Ruuko continue to ''fight'' (or want to fight) yet doesn't know what is her wish. Kinda remind me of Madoka who was hanging around with witches but didn't knew what should be her wish.

I hope that at one point the fighting look more organized because right now, it look like they just throw a bunch of card/attack randomly.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 12, 2014 6:06 PM

Nov 2012
Meh...
No likeable character so far...
Yuzuki's pretty lame, and that background story...

Korrvo said:
Is "forced melodrama" a genre?

Cause that describes most of what I've seen so far perfectly.
Apr 12, 2014 7:58 PM
Nov 2013
Card games is srs bsns. It seems really silly and overdramatic, but I really like this show. The visuals are striking and I love the background music that accompanies some scenes. I can see this show really going places, but I wonder how they'll make the show dark and "psychological" as advertised under the premise of a card game.
Apr 12, 2014 9:06 PM

Nov 2009
The episode was quite nice, My only damn problem is the fact that Yuzuki actually gave her number to Akira, was that girl really that intimidating that they couldn't kick/punch her our the way or at the very least run else where? It was stupid.

On what will happen to the battle, well i'm going to predict Yuzuki will lose, there's no other way, Akira is being shown as a powerful player.
Apr 12, 2014 9:09 PM

Jan 2013
ChoiDalDal said:

http://www.yesasia.com/global/wixoss-tcg-deck-white-hope-wxd-01/1035121784-0-0-0-en/info.html

I think it is. And I am tempted to buy it but I has no money >:OOO
Apr 12, 2014 10:51 PM

Dec 2010
Akira is amazing, she is practically using Gishki/Ritua.

Also, crazy bitches are always welcome in my books.
Apr 12, 2014 11:10 PM

Jan 2013
Very serious atmosphere. A bit melodramatic.
Apr 12, 2014 11:33 PM

Mar 2009
"I won't let you leave until you give me your number."
1 vs 3.
Yea right....
Apr 13, 2014 1:05 AM

Dec 2012
Confused...how these card fights work. I hope it gets more darker, for some reason I really want it to get dark :D really dark~
Apr 13, 2014 2:11 AM

Jul 2012
Extrieve said:
Mmmm I thought this episode was a bit overdramatic......

They should explain a bit more how the game mechanics work >_>

Come on J.C Staff you can do better than this <_<

JC has nothing to do with this. Thank the writer and Director.

I mean Mari is the writer you should expect melodrama.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Apr 13, 2014 8:54 AM

Apr 2011
This would be so much better if they explained the goddamn rules. Seriously, SIGNIS? How the fuck are we supposed to know what that is?

Despite the drawback, this was a pretty cool episode. The "Good on the outside, Bitch on the inside" was pretty predictable, but her character is (so far) being handled well enough. Yuzuki's taking ass-kicking next week.
Apr 13, 2014 4:09 PM

Mar 2014
I don't care if this is a real Japanese card game that some people know about. If you have to refer to a website to understand what's going on in an anime, then it isn't doing its job. Hope they start doing some explaining in the upcoming episodes.
Apr 13, 2014 8:48 PM

Jun 2013
Hmmmm, the dreary background art, soundtrack, and potential darkening of the plot are keeping me interested. Other than that, the characters are kind of weak right now, unfortunately. :( And yeah, like everyone else is saying, they could definitely afford to explain how the hell the card game works.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

250 by JustHarris34 »»
Feb 13, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

249 by Homurice »»
Jan 14, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

272 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 10:58 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

97 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 8:23 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

82 by Myabyelo789N »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.