Forum Settings
Forums
The Flowers of Evil
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 8, 2014 7:58 AM
Dec 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Mod edit: link removed. Do not link to non-fair-use copyrighted material.
rodacApr 9, 2014 11:28 PM
Apr 8, 2014 2:32 PM
Jan 2014
what was up with the stuff near the ending?
Apr 8, 2014 2:43 PM
Jan 2014
I'm a little confused too....
Apr 8, 2014 3:38 PM

Jun 2012
Did Oshimi just learn how to tell a story?
I think he improved a lot in comparison to the first chapters.
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Apr 8, 2014 5:50 PM
Dec 2013
Yoostis said:

i believe their flower petals. the manga has shown us some creepy symbolism that makes it seem so real
Apr 9, 2014 2:32 AM
Jan 2014
Spider-titan55 said:
Yoostis said:

i believe their flower petals. the manga has shown us some creepy symbolism that makes it seem so real

I get that there were flower petals, and symbolism that makes what seem so real? I got really confused near end would appreciate if someone could explain it
Apr 9, 2014 8:28 AM

Jul 2012
What's happening? This chapter was sh*t and made no sense! And next chapter is last one? Damn I'm disappointed in this manga! It should end at festival, but i bet someone suggest to the author that bad ending would not sell and he came up with this crap now.. So disappointed, same lame ending as in Oyasumi Punpun.
Apr 9, 2014 8:47 AM
Feb 2013
Misiakk said:
What's happening? This chapter was sh*t and made no sense! And next chapter is last one? Damn I'm disappointed in this manga! It should end at festival, but i bet someone suggest to the author that bad ending would not sell and he came up with this crap now.. So disappointed, same lame ending as in Oyasumi Punpun.

So you wanted Kasuga to screw up all what he's been trying to build ever since he left his hometown and become again that lost brat he was? It's a coming-of-age story ever since the beginning.

I understand people that read it for the crazy shit happening. I did enjoy it too. But I'd be mad if the author would run the story backwards and give us a "bad" end for the sake of giving us a bad end.
Apr 9, 2014 8:49 AM

Jul 2012
Nah i think they committing suicide on festival would be interesting.
Apr 9, 2014 9:08 AM

Aug 2010
Well, an entire chapter of almost no dialogue. I assume the dream Kasuga had was just future possibilities and the withering of the flower of evil reflects that through its falling petals.
Apr 9, 2014 9:09 AM

Nov 2011
Latest chapter must of been a bitch to translate, huh?
Apr 9, 2014 9:28 AM

Apr 2012
Stark700 said:
Latest chapter must of been a bitch to translate, huh?

lol

I hope Kasuga doesn't fuck up again, it was nice seeing that potential cute future with Aya~
Apr 9, 2014 9:33 AM

Feb 2012
I thought the chapter was great. Last chapter should just wrap up with Aya and Kasuga and I'd be happy.
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Apr 9, 2014 10:25 AM

Oct 2009
The most interesting part of his dream was the very last portion of it, where the petals of the "flower of evil" flew towards a certain place and the way I saw it, "infested it" completely. The page before we were shown a girl who looks eerily similar to young Nakamura, and two pages before we saw Kasuga busy with writing, paying no heed to the outside world. All these things to me suggest that the girl walking down the crosswalk is Tokiwa's and Kasuga's daughter around the same age they were when the story started, and due to certain circumstances, she became the same sort of outcast Nakamura was at her age.

That would make the story of Aku no Hana go full circle, and in a way it would make it complete. But then in the last pew pages, we see that it was merely just a dream, although slightly prophetic in nature. I'm curious to see the wrap-up next month.

EDIT: Kasuga shown nude at the beginning can also be interpreted in a sexual way, in a way showing Kasuga's "garden of fertility", and the petal touching his body is the "flower of evil" planting its seed inside him, which "seed" later gives birth to their daughter with Tokiwa.

Don't mind me, I'm just theorizing.
mwpApr 9, 2014 10:34 AM
Apr 9, 2014 10:43 AM

May 2013
So all of that was just a dream? I guess Kasuga is now trying to write a story. Final chapter coming up.
Apr 9, 2014 10:46 AM
Apr 2011
I just hope Kasuga and Tokiwa will be together forever. Please let the ending be a good ending not a troll end.
Apr 9, 2014 11:28 AM

Aug 2010
Anybody actually understand the imagery and symbolism behind the individual petals from the Flower of Evil itself?

Is it saying that evil has ultimately 'dispersed' out of existence?

What it seems like is that evil itself is dispersing out from a center and spreading throughout the world - Of course, this theme wouldn't make sense considering the direction of the story but I feel as though Oshimi's drawings didn't effectively convey his message. I'm not certain if he wanted to convey the theme of the story so vaguely ...

I can't honestly tell if Kasuga had been dreaming up till that point or not (I'm assuming so). The fact that he's picked up the pen means that Oshimi will use Kasuga as a medium to convey the final message of the story. Nonetheless, I still don't agree with his use of literary tools in this chapter ...
BeyondApr 9, 2014 11:31 AM
「一人殺せば犯罪者だけど、千人殺せば英雄になれる。百万人殺せば征服者だし、絶滅させれば神よ」
Apr 9, 2014 11:45 AM

Jun 2009
mwp said:

EDIT: Kasuga shown nude at the beginning can also be interpreted in a sexual way, in a way showing Kasuga's "garden of fertility", and the petal touching his body is the "flower of evil" planting its seed inside him, which "seed" later gives birth to their daughter with Tokiwa.

oh my god
Apr 9, 2014 12:45 PM

Sep 2011
Wow, even if it was a dream. Happy to see everyone moving on, so happy about Aya and Kasuga, can't way for the next chapter.
Apr 9, 2014 1:08 PM

Sep 2013
This chapter was really interesting.
Its really notable the improvement the art and storytelling this had through its release. Compare this to any of the early chapters and the difference is huge.
Apr 9, 2014 1:51 PM

Aug 2012
This chapter was boring.
Apr 9, 2014 2:07 PM

Oct 2013
Aku no Holograph...
Apr 9, 2014 2:14 PM

Mar 2013
Im pretty upset its ending all of a sudden. Had no clue. I hate when mangas drag on but i feel like these last 10 or so chapter were setting up something and now it seems like it may just end. I have a bit of a bad feeling... would the mangaka just let us have a happy ending after all this odd complacentness of the last few chapters? It feels like the calm before the storm to me. And since the final chapter is coming... i have a bad, bad feeling.
Apr 9, 2014 2:20 PM

Jan 2014
It was only just a dreeeeeeaaaaam, lol that song poped up in my head when I read this chapter. I'm disappointed, 0 dialogue -__-
Apr 9, 2014 3:40 PM
Dec 2013
i think i saw a preview of a saeki spinoff where it feature saeki and her boyfriend in another area. i can't remeber where i found the picture but i know that there will be a spinoff centering around saeki. heck, i really want to know how she and kouji got together. i wonder how things went with her last boyfriend. seriously, it can't be a normal set up with a break up. with how much saeki went through and knowing this manga i really have to know how her perspective went down. it would also be amsuing if her and kouji talk about kasuga, nakamura, and towika. i also wonder if kasuga and towika will appear in her spinoff.
Apr 9, 2014 4:10 PM

Aug 2013
OK... I think I get it...

In chapter 55, Kasuga is in class and they're discussing The Flowers of Evil. The professor is focusing on the poem "Her Hair". He says the poem was composed for Jeanne Duval. He goes on to say that Baudelaire wrote many poems dedicated to her.

Toward the end of chapter 55, Kasuga is in his apartment. He opens up a notebook and it's blank. Tokiwa shows up and asks him about the notebook. Kasuga says, "I haven't written anything in it, yet." Tokiwa responds, "What are you going to write?" Kasuga says, "I don't know yet.". Tokiwa spends the night, they make love and fall asleep. This leads right into chapter 56...

In chapter 56...

What do you guys/girls think?
atomic_dawgApr 9, 2014 4:19 PM
Apr 9, 2014 4:24 PM

Apr 2013
Next chapter last chapter. ;-;
Apr 9, 2014 4:35 PM
Dec 2013
atomic_dawg said:

In chapter 55, Kasuga is in class and they're discussing The Flowers of Evil. The professor is focusing on the poem "Her Hair". He says the poem was composed for Jeanne Duval. He goes on to say that Baudelaire wrote many poems dedicated to her.

Toward the end of chapter 55, Kasuga is in his apartment. He opens up a notebook and it's blank. Tokiwa shows up and asks him about the notebook. Kasuga says, "I haven't written anything in it, yet." Tokiwa responds, "What are you going to write?" Kasuga says, "I don't know yet.". Tokiwa spends the night, they make love and fall asleep. This leads right into chapter 56...

In chapter 56...

a very great insight.

so, what does everyone think about atomic-dawg's interpretation?
Apr 9, 2014 4:43 PM
Mar 2012
Godamn, I have been trolled again
Apr 9, 2014 4:56 PM
Apr 2014
Thanks to atomic dawg for explaining this chapter, a bit confusing for me
Apr 9, 2014 6:17 PM
Feb 2012
I spent the last 7 or so hours reading all of the manga's chapters. And while I could formulate my opinion about it right now, it's probably for the best to get some sleep first and then think about the whole story again.
What I do know for sure is that I enjoyed this manga. Otherwise I wouldn't have spent so much time on it.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 9, 2014 9:32 PM
Oct 2013
No matter how glad I am that he (appears to have) chose the girl that won't ruin his life, There's still a part of me that just won't stop shipping him and Nakamura.

Even if she's sane, she's just got that unstable charisma left over from her crazy days. I hope they can at least become pen pals in the future.
yep. I Have no idea what I'm doing, but I enjoy my life all the more because of it.
Apr 10, 2014 1:15 AM

Jan 2014
I really liked this dialogue-less chapter <3
Really makes/let's you pay more attention to what's happening in the panels
Very artistic and open to your own interpretation (I think that's what the Mangaka was going for)
-cant wait to see how the story will END-

Feel free to correct me.. if you think I'm wrong, but did anyone else get the feeling that Takao is actually writing or will begin to write Aku no Hana... aka the Manga we're all currently reading?
Don't you wanna hang out and waste your life with us?
-Spike Spiegel-
Apr 10, 2014 2:15 AM

Oct 2010
WTF just happened? The second to last chapter and they give us this mindfuck of a chapter?
Apr 10, 2014 2:49 AM

Apr 2012
So did they really have kids, and everyone has a happy ending or was it all just a dream and Kasuga will then write about it?

Sad to see this end. Might have to reread this again in order to get more sense of the story/plot.

My forum picture is awesome. #sorrynotsorry (tumblr)

Apr 10, 2014 3:52 AM
Feb 2012
^it was a dream, you two. Whether or not that dream will become reality is yet to be seen.

After taking a nap I now can properly think about this story. And while I still liked it frighteningly much, I'm disappointed by the end Nakamura got. She was and actually is the key element of the story and the one that started everything. Her experiences after the attempted suicide should've been told as detailed as Kasuga's. She too is one of the main characters and dedicating a chapter or two to her story's conclusion seems so very hollow and frustrating... I can just hope for those last two chapters to feature Nakamura once again.

edit: Never mind the last sentence. MAL's counting system is stupid. It's the last chapter that's left, not the last two. Oh well.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 10, 2014 7:03 AM

Aug 2013
atomic_dawg said:
-cut-
^Sounds right to me. Thanks for the explanation.

;_; well, one chapter left. Gonna miss this manga.
Apr 10, 2014 7:37 AM

Aug 2012
Goddammit, just when i thought everything went well for everyone, turned out it was a dream. I'm happy though, because the next chapter is the final one.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Apr 10, 2014 3:46 PM
Jul 2018
So, the fact that they showed a happy ending in a dream sequence almost guarantees that a bad ending is coming. I doubt the mangaka would duplicate his efforts and actually deliver a happy ending in the final chpt. At the very least, an ambiguous ending will happen....

my body is ready
Apr 10, 2014 4:21 PM

Oct 2013
Xikarra said:
Misiakk said:

So you wanted Kasuga to screw up all what he's been trying to build ever since he left his hometown and become again that lost brat he was? It's a coming-of-age story ever since the beginning.

I understand people that read it for the crazy shit happening. I did enjoy it too. But I'd be mad if the author would run the story backwards and give us a "bad" end for the sake of giving us a bad end.

this^ couldn't agree more.

that was someof the nicest storytelling i have seen in a manga. he didnt use SINGLE word and still managed to absolutely captivate me and make me want the next chapter. amaze.

(but i dont want it to end so soon X:)
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Apr 10, 2014 9:02 PM

Sep 2013
This manga mesmerizes me to no end. I've really enjoyed it. For quite awhile I've felt a sense of uneasiness like the calm before the storm. Which makes me think the ending will be crazy but who knows I could just be traumatized from the beginning of this series. Really can't wait to see how it ends but still bummed that it is.
Apr 11, 2014 1:54 AM

Oct 2012
Wow, what a way to look into the future, even if it was a dream. But what is this about the next chapter being the last? Noooooo, I want more!

Apr 11, 2014 2:24 AM

Aug 2013
I really enjoyed the chapter. The lack of dialogue made the images more powerful in my opinion. Cant wait for the next one. Dont really think the end will pan out like Kasuga's dream though. However i would love it if it would end with him and aya together and happy. we gotta wait till june right? i heard thats when the final chapter wiil come. My source isnt so trustworthy though.
"When you walk in a dream but you know you're not dreaming Signore
Scuzza me, but you see, back in old Napoli that's amore"

Apr 11, 2014 9:24 AM
Feb 2012
jewa_jewa_jin said:
This manga mesmerizes me to no end. I've really enjoyed it. For quite awhile I've felt a sense of uneasiness like the calm before the storm. Which makes me think the ending will be crazy but who knows I could just be traumatized from the beginning of this series. Really can't wait to see how it ends but still bummed that it is.

Oh damn you, mysterious user. Now I too long for an ending so unpredictable and unexpected that it leaves me speechless. In fact, Aku no Hana can only end that way. Back to the roots and all that jazz.
Apr 11, 2014 1:05 PM

Jun 2012
Does it's really goin' to finish? :c
I'm so sad about it. I have attached so much to main characters, it will be just painful to say them goodbay and forget about them. Glad that there's still 2 chapters.
Apr 11, 2014 2:00 PM
Dec 2013
GuiltyKing said:
jewa_jewa_jin said:

Oh damn you, mysterious user. Now I too long for an ending so unpredictable and unexpected that it leaves me speechless. In fact, Aku no Hana can only end that way. Back to the roots and all that jazz.

so far aku no hana is doing ALOT better than Kimi no iru machi XD
Apr 11, 2014 3:59 PM

Oct 2010
YES, PICTURES ONLY!

Lol..
Apr 12, 2014 8:16 AM

Sep 2012
Spider-titan55 said:
atomic_dawg said:

In chapter 56...

a very great insight.

so, what does everyone think about atomic-dawg's interpretation?

When I was reading this chapter, I was thinking the same thing about Nakamura. I didn't think about the hair thing, but it makes sense
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Apr 12, 2014 9:39 AM

Jun 2010
Great story about teenagers and their growing up.

Really hope the author doesn't make any funny business. Just make a nice finale to have a complete story.

Really hope the dream comes true, I'm already waging that the author wanted to show us a glimpse of how it will become once the story ends.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aku no Hana Chapter 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KitKatKaz - Jun 6, 2013

82 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 27, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Chapter 39 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2013

31 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 27, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Chapter 37 Discussion

Javi-Hime - Feb 2, 2013

31 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 27, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Chapter 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Explicitz - May 14, 2012

85 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 27, 8:07 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Chapter 25 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 14, 2012

38 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 27, 8:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.