Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Apr 5, 2014 6:27 PM

Jul 2007
Shouldn't this be episode 176? MAL is listing it incorrectly, its not a separate series. The series went on a hiatus but the original broadcasting has titled it as episode # 176 and onwards.

Apr 5, 2014 6:29 PM

Sep 2013
I'm not watching Battle Shounen anymore, so I won't touch it.
This is a signature.
Apr 5, 2014 6:32 PM

Oct 2013
I had some really faint hope that it would be a remake or something.... No such luck, same shit continues..... The only thing that remains good is the soundtrack.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Apr 5, 2014 7:15 PM
Dec 2009
Oh man....it feels good to tune in at the end of the week again and watch some brand new Fairy Tail....Should help me with getting over the fact that Kill La Kill ended last week.

soundscape said:
I had some really faint hope that it would be a remake or something.... No such luck, same shit continues..... The only thing that remains good is the soundtrack.

Whoa! Whats with the uncalled for hate?! Why in gods name would they remake it? And in what way? The show follows the manga, which by itself is awesome and you should read it!, they can't make it any other way!

And if you mean a restart, WHY?! What possible reason is there to do such a silly thing?! Both show and manga are still popular and obviously selling well otherwise we wouldn't be getting a new season.
Apr 5, 2014 7:29 PM

Jan 2013
keragamming said:
SetsukoHara said:
10/10.

So you're the people that is giving out 10/10 to the series. and now it's in the top 10 on mal. Cant blame you, if you like the series. then go for it.

Fairy tail is on the top 10 by now,because the people who already watched it and rated are normally the most obsessed,in a few days it will drop the ratings.
Apr 5, 2014 7:30 PM

Jul 2013
It was okay
3/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2014 7:32 PM

Apr 2013
Everyone just rate FT a 10/10, it'll be funny
Apr 5, 2014 7:35 PM

Jul 2013
Cupquake said:

I doubt the massive fanbase needs help.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2014 7:36 PM

Apr 2012
NALU FTW!
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Apr 5, 2014 7:37 PM
Jul 2013
Depending on how long this'll be, I got plenty of time to catch up from the original series.
Apr 5, 2014 7:42 PM

Aug 2012
Cupquake said:
Apr 5, 2014 7:45 PM

Jul 2012
OriginANIME said:
That tends to happen when you start from... well, the second season of an anime that previously had over 100 episodes of content.

LOL I thought it was a remake and I never expected this kind of show to have a continuous plot. Oops.
Apr 5, 2014 7:56 PM

Jan 2014
riqueterremoto said:
keragamming said:
SetsukoHara said:
10/10.

So you're the people that is giving out 10/10 to the series. and now it's in the top 10 on mal. Cant blame you, if you like the series. then go for it.

Fairy tail is on the top 10 by now,because the people who already watched it and rated are normally the most obsessed,in a few days it will drop the ratings.

Because OP fans will not rest till it does.
Apr 5, 2014 7:57 PM

Apr 2013
Archadian said:
riqueterremoto said:
keragamming said:
SetsukoHara said:
10/10.

Even if people didn't down vote it, the score will inevitably drop. It's likely that most casual fans of FT haven't even rated it, because a lot of people don't rate until they have seen a sizable portion of a series.
Apr 5, 2014 7:59 PM

Jan 2014
Yeah I know, but that's a big if, and it's already happening.
Apr 5, 2014 8:43 PM

Jun 2013
I thought that Lucy's VA got fired because of a scandal or something, but it's the same actor.

Anyway, episode was amazing!
Apr 5, 2014 9:05 PM

Jun 2009
Topic Merged
All episode one discussion combined~

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Apr 5, 2014 9:34 PM

Dec 2009
Seems like the animation has improved a bit.
Apr 5, 2014 9:34 PM

Jan 2011
Fucking great. Welcome back FT!

IndoExamurai said:
Seems like the animation has improved a bit.

Old news. They changed artists.
Apr 5, 2014 10:21 PM

Jan 2014
Archadian said:
riqueterremoto said:
keragamming said:
SetsukoHara said:
10/10.

Why are you so insecure? It's not like people who post in this thread really care about ranking, really.
Apr 5, 2014 10:30 PM

Feb 2012
REALLY nice opening, good ending. The animations/arts are much, much better now too!

The OST seem REALLY good too :

Awesome episode, carving for more! :D
Apr 6, 2014 12:00 AM

Jan 2014
soo many spoilers in 1 episode and opening :)))
Apr 6, 2014 1:01 AM

Aug 2009
kuuurt said:
The art and seiyuu cast are shit. The colors seem more vivid though, and the opening / ending songs are still good. God, why am I still watching this? Oh wait, I have NaLu moments to look forward to, that's why.

if you don't like it don't watch it, and stop complaining that's it lol
Apr 6, 2014 1:33 AM

Sep 2012
I liked the fist episode but I think the opening song doesn't suit this type of anime. I mean, there is a lot of fighting going on and everyone is hyped up. But no, they released a slow paced Pop song with no element of exciment and action which the last song had. It's like I am watching some romance drama. Well, I am just going to skip the opening when watching future episodes.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Apr 6, 2014 2:24 AM

Aug 2011
So awesome, really awesome quality!
Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your Poker Face.~
Apr 6, 2014 3:33 AM

Jun 2010
I'm not sure if I'm gonna continue watching this.. I think I'll just watch the action scenes. The conclusion of this arc was lame anyways.
Apr 6, 2014 4:10 AM

Jul 2011
ahahahaha that ED reminds me of Golden Time
Apr 6, 2014 4:40 AM

Aug 2013
I really liked it!
So much NaLu, I am sorry but I am so happy (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Can't wait for more action though!
Yeah, go Wendy SHOW EM YOUR STUFF!

That strange AU thing at the end made me so happy! Natsu looked hot and was that a necklace? No matter the universe they find each other :3 I'm sorry
Sorry! I must admit I am confused most of the time.
Feel free to recommend anime to me, or tell me to shut up.
Apr 6, 2014 4:48 AM

Apr 2008
I'm so excited that FT is back! I started reading the manga after the first season ended. But the new animation looks pretty decent, and I'm liking the OP song. I can't wait till the fighting starts happening :D
Apr 6, 2014 5:23 AM

Nov 2013
Pacing is good, I wish the One Piece anime took a break forone year too ...

I already read the manga so there was no surprise for me but I think someone who didn't read the manga would have given it a good rating.
Apr 6, 2014 6:14 AM

Nov 2013
I like the new art style, everything except Erza. Erza's eyes gave me cancer.
Raise it up, raise up the happiness.
Apr 6, 2014 7:00 AM
Nov 2013
Fairy Tail is finally back!

The studio is probably a NaLu fan :p. NaLu everywhere in the OP and ED.
Apr 6, 2014 7:30 AM

Aug 2013
ahlau92 said:
Fairy Tail is finally back!

The studio is probably a NaLu fan :p. NaLu everywhere in the OP and ED.

Yeah that's true I don't mind though haha
Sorry! I must admit I am confused most of the time.
Feel free to recommend anime to me, or tell me to shut up.
Apr 6, 2014 7:31 AM

May 2010
Seems like I will have to prepare myself for the upcoming NaLu and Gruvia, I just can't look at those two couples... I am not the type to complain but when it comes to Fairy Tail (which is something I adore) I get overboard sometimes...

Yay, my GrayLu moment! Though, it's nothing much, just Lucy clinging onto Gray xD

Haha, when Zirconis showed up xD

Okay this is one of the amazing episodes. From now on, it's gonna get tougher.

Love the ED even though I dislike the NaLu in it. Guess it isn't too bad. I miss the old chibi style :/
Apr 6, 2014 8:43 AM

Apr 2009
Not a big fan of the character designs for the women. They're not terrible by any means, just not quite as good. I'll get used to it I s'pose.

Other than that, Fairy Tail! Whoo! I hope the apocalyptic dragon event comes after the big epic free for all and doesn't interrupt it, because I'm more excited about that then the Festival of the Dragon King plot, to be honest.
Apr 6, 2014 8:44 AM
Apr 2012
So happy it's back, looks great, noticeable jump in budget. The animation looks very good for a weekly running show and the new character models are better. The pacing was fantastic as well.
Apr 6, 2014 9:04 AM

Mar 2014
well i can´t talk for all the others

but "imo" , i love Fairy tail i don´t really care about what others think you can hate all you want, won´t really change the fact that its ongoing and it won´t stop becouse a minor % of the majority don´t like it ... and thats fact face it or not idc

Like that they have change the art abit
The op was nice liked it

like that they started from where we left off aswell have read the manga
and i tought they started up pretty good

well i think the serie will suit me just fine just like the season 1 did , i had many laughs with the serie so im totally happy i restarted !

Well i really can´t say i care , but... shit happends
Apr 6, 2014 9:47 AM

Aug 2012
they should've let this terrible show die when they had the chance
Apr 6, 2014 12:36 PM

May 2008
That lucy x natsu moment in the opening oh my
Apr 6, 2014 1:03 PM

Apr 2013
The art is a bit different but nothing to worry about.
And did they add a bit of blood?????
That Sabertooth master was bleeding when Sting hit him.
Apr 6, 2014 2:09 PM
Mar 2014
The disturbing aspect is the character designs which lack of facial expression detail, this is because they changed the character designer from Yamamoto Aoi to Takeuchi Shinji.
Apr 6, 2014 4:50 PM

Dec 2008
An excellent season premiere!! So glad Fairy Tail is back because I can see Gajeel Redfox in motion again!

Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 6, 2014 7:00 PM

Jun 2012
That OP/ED combo was amazing. Loved all the dragon shit too. So far much better than the previous series. Not digging those character designs either though.

10/10
Apr 6, 2014 7:58 PM

Feb 2008
Unimpressed by the refurnish. Colours feel a lot duller, music less heartpumping (though there weren't really any good scenes for it this episode). OP/ED are both boring but that's nothing new. Art style is probably something I can get used to but can't say I like this as much as the one from the previous studio. Overall, didn't really see the reason for the studio change but I guess the anime industry has it's reasons.
Apr 6, 2014 9:11 PM

Oct 2013
3 years ago I didn't see myself watching this series, my sister kept telling to watch it.

And boy do I love this series, I was upset that magi ended, and then fairy tail came to fill that joy.

That fucking opening though, HOLY SHIT DID IT ROCK!!! I got the heroes come back(naruto shippuden 1st op) vibe from it. The ending is also good, im glad they got rid of the chibi's and that weird clock. Natsu and Lucy always together, I dont mind that at all.

I also don't see why people are complaining about the animation, its good lol. Also the character designs are much closer to the manga. HURRAY FOR GETTING RID OF THE MAGIC CIRCLES!!!
Also seeing blood just made this even better, and Im glad sting whooped that master's ass.

Anyways welcome back Fairy Tail, you guys deserved it. Im looking forward to a good year with yall.
sonicgx11Apr 6, 2014 9:15 PM
Apr 6, 2014 9:17 PM

Jun 2011
Spoiler -may contain spoilers
The long awaited fairy tail is back. the golden child of Hiro Mashima stopped around a year ago leaving fans enraged and devastated. It was both criticized, as the series stopped in a major cliffhanger (literally in the middle of the tournament), and admired, due to the refusal of resorting to fillers (yes bleach and naruto-talking to you).
First impressions of the returning series is blunt but coherent . the usual sense of art prevails from the last series. The artworks continues to be sensual but lacks the perception of of improving quality. The classic soul reaching fairy tail background songs and theme songs continues to compliment Yasuhara Takanashi's creativity(i may be biased because i am into instrumental celtic metal :p). The story transpires off in a rather contorted but dynamic way. Re introduction of of character is done in a very abrapt fashion. It is recommended to see the original series to understand the plot regarding wendy's vision and the search concerning the dragon slayers. All in all i have to see the later episodes to see if holds up to the 8/10 i gave last time around.
not that it matters . just sharing the exitement
Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 6, 2014 9:57 PM

Sep 2013
Moonsolol said:
This is good, but I don't think this should be #10 at Ep.1

Fricking fanboys.

Shit that happens like this makes me think most of MAL community is retarded.
Apr 6, 2014 10:00 PM
Dec 2013
Ahmer said:
That lucy x natsu moment in the opening oh my

and ED , A-1 Pictures loves NaLu
Apr 6, 2014 11:22 PM

Jul 2013
*vomits in happiness*
Everything looks so damn good.
Dat not-at-all-subtle NaLu.
Dat great but totally unfitting to Fairy Tail opening.
Dat clean art style.
Dat highly noticeable budget bump.
Great just great.
I've missed you Fairy Tail. Even though I just finished the first series today lol.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Apr 7, 2014 4:36 AM
Aug 2012
I think the new anime adaptation started very well. OP and ED are very good and I liked them very much. The starting scene, the flashforward with natsu and the dragons is epic, the epicness we used to get from fairy tail just one year ago. The character design is different but I like it more than the previous one. The ost keeps giving us emotions and the animation is much better than one year ago. It is the fairy tail we used to love but with some improvements.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.