Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 20, 2014 10:49 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Ah and the final chapter ;.;

And the finale shows some of the characters' futures ^^
I knew they would encounter each other again though. What an awkward reunion LOL, in the bathroom...

8/10. This was quite fun.
Mar 20, 2014 11:10 PM

May 2011
I feel i just got Negima'd (What chapters are 212-219?)
Mar 20, 2014 11:43 PM

Nov 2013
Wow that ending was pretty bad. I mean the manga as whole was great but to end it in such a way is pretty bad. Maybe the missing chapters of 212-219 are the actual ending. Who knows but this ending was bad. Seeing them be adults now was pretty cool though.
Mar 21, 2014 1:17 AM

Jul 2011
Well that's a bad way to end things. Ruined everything they built up to that point.

0.1,0.2,0.3,52.5,127.5,166.5,184.5,203.5 so that's eight chapters. Maybe that's why it says 219 chapters.
Mar 21, 2014 2:01 AM

Oct 2011
Can anybody explain what's up with that ending? :S
But still, I enjoyed the ride. 8/10
Mar 21, 2014 2:12 AM

Nov 2008
RockerXD said:
I feel i just got Negima'd (What chapters are 212-219?)

LAOG100 said:
Wow that ending was pretty bad. I mean the manga as whole was great but to end it in such a way is pretty bad. Maybe the missing chapters of 212-219 are the actual ending. Who knows but this ending was bad. Seeing them be adults now was pretty cool though.

The other 8 chapters may come from the extras/omake. Never counted how many of them are, myself.
Mar 21, 2014 2:30 AM

Nov 2011
Wow, that was really unsatisfying. It was just "hey hey" and back to old shenanigans, but just a few years in the future. How the hell is she still able to be a student there anyway?

It was a great ride overall for sure, but that was a really bad way to end it.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Mar 21, 2014 2:30 AM
Oct 2011
first post*

read someones interpretation to the ending and thought, 'daaammmmnnnnn......':

"Heres an explanation of the ending. Shes not really there. Its just his imagination. You see, he was well on his way to becoming a bureaucrat, but he gave up because he had a mental break down. You see, he never got over Adachi, ever. Just hearing from his friend about the reunion just reminded him of her over again. And so he became a teacher. The finish finishing blow to his mental state was the field trip. It just broke him. Thats why he went to the restroom. And the restroom became a trigger and caused him to relieve his first meeting with Adachi. He is just sitting in the toilet, alone, with his delusional Adachi. This is why she hasn't aged a bit. So what you should feel, if anything is sympathy to a broken man.

tl;dr Shinagawa had a mental break down and is Adachi is just an illusion."

this manga was a strong 9 for me, but after adachis disappearance and that ending, id give it a 7
Mar 21, 2014 3:37 AM

Dec 2013
I enjoyed this manga but it was a terrible ending. ;____;

8/10

"The only one who can beat me is me."
Mar 21, 2014 4:50 AM

Aug 2012
Ending was horrible but whole story was really good and fun to read :)
Mar 21, 2014 6:45 AM

Nov 2010
Horrible ending, but the series was enjoyable. 8/10
Mar 21, 2014 6:46 AM

Sep 2011
It's about the ride and not the destination, because the destination was not good.
Mar 21, 2014 7:29 AM
Mar 2013
I was hoping for an ending where Daichi and Adachi ended up getting married or something. And that no one questions that she's 20+ years old.
Mar 21, 2014 8:26 AM

Feb 2010
What a letdown.

That ending almost ruined everything.
Mar 21, 2014 10:23 AM

Feb 2011
kurokyubi said:
first post*

"Heres an explanation of the ending. Shes not really there. Its just his imagination. You see, he was well on his way to becoming a bureaucrat, but he gave up because he had a mental break down. You see, he never got over Adachi, ever. Just hearing from his friend about the reunion just reminded him of her over again. And so he became a teacher. The finish finishing blow to his mental state was the field trip. It just broke him. Thats why he went to the restroom. And the restroom became a trigger and caused him to relieve his first meeting with Adachi. He is just sitting in the toilet, alone, with his delusional Adachi. This is why she hasn't aged a bit. So what you should feel, if anything is sympathy to a broken man.

this manga was a strong 9 for me, but after adachis disappearance and that ending, id give it a 7

I like this ending better.

I'm also with you on the fact that this was indeed a strong 9, Adachi's disappearance didn't make it drop, but it's what was done with it that made me drop my own score of it, it could have been handled better, but it wasn't, once again a good manga gets a bad ending.
Mar 21, 2014 12:38 PM

Jul 2011
That ending was bs. i loved that there were explanations for what happened to the other characters, but the main focal point of the plot, the relationship between Adachi and Shinigawa, was ended terribly.
Mar 21, 2014 7:43 PM

Jan 2014
I like the ending. As long as they are together...
Mar 21, 2014 9:06 PM
Feb 2013
Horrible ending, didn't get the chance to see Hana's family.
Btw, good series.
Mar 21, 2014 9:49 PM

Oct 2011
kurokyubi said:
first post*

It makes sense. It was weird that Adachi did not age a bit. And that non-chalant greeting...totally weird. I sympathize with you Shina.
But I'm disappointed that anything about Adachi wasn't explained in the end :(
Mar 22, 2014 12:16 AM
Nov 2012
I have been thinking about it and if they didn't do the 4 year jump and just had them have a meeting just like the first time they met it would have been a good ending. It would have kept itself together and not have a really disturbing ending that from some other comments put together is close to insanity. I don't care if we don't find out how Adachi resolves her family issues because we know that she is a strong woman and that whatever goal she works on she will achieve it because that's how she does it most of the time.
Mar 22, 2014 7:02 AM

Aug 2012
Great series I thought I can rate it as 10 but I don't think it is possible now that was a horrible/sad ending for me , well I enjoyed this manga a lot especially those first few chapter it still fresh in my mind =)
Mar 24, 2014 3:46 PM

Oct 2011
I'm disappointed with the ending, though it has been really a long ride.

9/10
Mar 24, 2014 4:53 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, I was super disappointed in the ending. I love the series as a whole, and it absolutely had a chance to be wonderful (based on Shinagawa's touching speech), but without Adachi we're missing the Megane-chan we grew to love, miss, and ultimately lose (in this case).

Who wouldn't question a woman in her twenties back at high school? Really? I wish they went the cliche route and just did a simple "where are they now" including Adachi as a normal character with a normal future and so we could see what she had been up to during her disappearance.
Mar 26, 2014 12:26 AM

May 2011
alarosa said:
Wow, I was super disappointed in the ending. I love the series as a whole, and it absolutely had a chance to be wonderful (based on Shinagawa's touching speech), but without Adachi we're missing the Megane-chan we grew to love, miss, and ultimately lose (in this case).

Who wouldn't question a woman in her twenties back at high school? Really? I wish they went the cliche route and just did a simple "where are they now" including Adachi as a normal character with a normal future and so we could see what she had been up to during her disappearance.

I doubt that was the real Adachi, most likely a figment of Shinagawa's imagination. As others mentioned, the nonchalant greeting of "Adachi" was very odd and she didn't show any signs of aging one bit. I don't know why the author went with this sort of tragic ending ESPCIALLY with Shinagawa's speech which made a GREAT setup for a touching reunion down the line, but w/e. This ending is as bad as Negima's ending .
Mar 30, 2014 7:31 PM
Jun 2009
RockerXD said:
alarosa said:

I doubt that was the real Adachi, most likely a figment of Shinagawa's imagination. As others mentioned, the nonchalant greeting of "Adachi" was very odd and she didn't show any signs of aging one bit. I don't know why the author went with this sort of tragic ending ESPCIALLY with Shinagawa's speech which made a GREAT setup for a touching reunion down the line, but w/e. This ending is as bad as Negima's ending .

I agree with you. The ending makes it seem that Shinagawa has developed schizophrenia. Adachi has not aged. No one was there to confirm Adachi's presence. And 4th year 3rd year.
Apr 7, 2014 4:37 PM

Aug 2009
.. Horrible ending but it was a great ride overall.

8/10
Apr 8, 2014 6:06 AM

Jul 2011
Omg what a shit ending!

9/10 until chapter 150 or so...

Final vote 7/10
Apr 14, 2014 10:30 AM

Jun 2009
Can anyone explain all the secrecy about who Adachi was and why she was so strong? Were there any hints along the way?
A story has no beginning or end; arbitrarily one chooses that moment of experience from which to look back or from which to look ahead.
Apr 14, 2014 4:02 PM

Jun 2010
ErgoSis said:
Can anyone explain all the secrecy about who Adachi was and why she was so strong? Were there any hints along the way?

Mob family is the general idea; even going as far as political and Yakuza ties, frankly if it wasn't for Yoh I'd be tempted to assume she was a figment of Shinagawa's mind all along, maybe all of them really.Ending makes no sense, it made more sense for her to not return at all and just leave Shinagawa in the end with all his other friends. Just make Adachi the representation of a troubled guy maturing and learning who he is through his friendships.

It is HIMYM all over again.
SkyFadeApr 14, 2014 4:05 PM
May 3, 2014 4:22 PM
Jul 2010
Who else here really hates it when you spend all that time reading it and it ends up at the beginning basically? ef that! The whole story line revolves around that fact that the girl the MC likes is actually Adachi and how he is going to eventually confess to her! It's pretty much the reason for the story line! I feel like I wasted my time reading this.. and am hesitant to continue reading the mangaka's other work.. It feels just like hitman reborn.. Adachi's(a mangaka) Q&A would probably be the most horrid one.. but still Ending at the begging feels like a giant slap in the face to loyal readers like myself.
May 11, 2014 12:33 AM
Jul 2011
Good Story, bad ending.... man, I'm really disappointed to Miki Yoshikawa. I hope Yamada-kun to 7nin no majo wouldn't have the same treatment.
May 17, 2014 6:37 AM

Feb 2013
Loved the manga the entire time but what the fuck was that ending? Do people still attend high school at 20? Don't they have some special classes for people like that?

Oh well entire manga was great until the ending. I guess I'll stick with the "Adachi was a figment of his imagination" theory for the last chapter.
~ El Psy Congroo~

May 21, 2014 9:53 PM

Oct 2007
I stopped reading at chapter 170, and thought that I would read it again when translations were finish, which I did do.

It was going smooth and all until when I saw the ending. It was like "...."

it is a good manga with a weird ending.
^_^
May 27, 2014 6:24 PM

Jun 2013
Fuck that ending.
Jun 2, 2014 10:47 AM
Jul 2013
I just finished this and honestly everything was fine except the ending.

It greatly annoyed me that it gave no closure as to what happened with Adachi
Jun 3, 2014 8:47 PM

May 2013
What the hell was with the ending, so disappointing. I really love the series though, but the ending was just bs.
Jun 11, 2014 11:09 PM

Feb 2011
loki_16 said:
It's about the ride and not the destination, because the destination was not good.

this
the ride was great! kept me goin when I was really bored at home or when I had to go on the train to classes, or wait for class to start. Im glad I finally finished this manga, but boy oh boy... that ending >.>
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2014 3:03 AM
Sep 2014
The last few chapters were so fucked up. Why would she do this to Shinagawa? He finally got into the university adachi had miraculously gotten into, and then she disappears and he doesn't ever see her again. What were all the chapters on taking the uni exams for, if in the end she decides to skip over that whole time period?! What about that guy that said he would confess to adachi if he passed the uni exams? Did he even pass? Wasn't all the romance meant to start during uni? Was the point of even continuing after graduation if adachi wasn't there? Wouldn't it have been better if she had just said that adachi actually died or some shit? I'm so pissed that I actually wasted all my time just to reach such a shitty ending. What happened to Shinagawa? Did he turn mental or something? It felt like she just rushed the last few chapters coz she thought it was too long or something. Overall, really fucked up chapters. She needs to rewrite it
Sep 15, 2014 10:56 PM
Jul 2009
I don't think I've ever had a series tank that hard for me with an ending before.
Oct 18, 2014 10:27 PM

Apr 2011
This.. DISAPPOINTMENT!
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
Oct 23, 2014 7:24 AM

Aug 2012
So there is no romance in this manga after all, ending was sure extremely disappointment, when I started this manga year ago I was holding back with marathoning it, after last chapter still so many questions about Adachi, her family etc. that weren't discovered. From 10/10 I dropping the score to 8/10 I would even think about 7/10...

OH GOD HOW THEY FINISH IT THAT BADLY OH MY GAAWDDD THIS LAST CHAPTER HAVE TO BE REMADE

kurokyubi said:

Yea sure mental breakdown, psychological demantia aka NGE in such schoo life comedy like that srsly idk how this guy came with that interpretation but he must have some great diller.
JeycoppOct 23, 2014 8:05 AM
Nov 21, 2014 8:53 PM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012
damn, what was the author thinking...

Overall it was a very good manga, I'll just try to sleep and forget the last 2 chapters. Shinagawa made a great speech and made me cry, everyone graduated and it ended. That's enough for me.

kurokyubi said:
first post*

I like it, and that's actually a very nice ending - but only for a seinen psychology manga. It's the worst possible ending for a manga like this. A simple graduation scene is good enough for ending almost any light-hearted school comedy, I wish she followed the cliche route.
JinbouDec 28, 2014 10:40 AM
Dec 16, 2014 7:17 AM
Dec 2014
WHAT JUST HAPPENED? I THOUGHT ADACHI AND SHINIGAWA WOULD BECOME LOVERS... THERE MUST BE NEXT SEASON...
Dec 28, 2014 8:58 AM

Nov 2014
kurokyubi said:
first post*

yeah i was also so of wondering why Adachi hadn't changed at all appearance-wise... I guess this explanation makes the ending super depressing, but it fits really well and I like it a bunch. I actually feel like the best ending would've been after Shinagawa's graduation speech... It was nice to see how everyone was doing though. aND WHOA YOH-KUN his appearance changed so much omg wow. He was cuter before XD ugh I just really wish it had either been open-ended after the graduation or at least some legitimate resolution with Adachi, even if it was just a glimpse of her or something. The manga was soooo good, especially with the interesting characters/plot, but the ending felt kind of like it was thrown at the readers like some kind of joke.
Jan 15, 2015 10:48 AM

Mar 2008
author said that she doesn't want to tell readers adachi's family problem, as it would not be a school manga anymore, fuck ill just imagine this is gto x gokusen origin story (it'll make me happier that way XD)
Jan 19, 2015 11:46 PM
Jan 2015
I kinda agree with the others that the Adachi he saw was just a hallucination.

misaseh098 said:
author said that she doesn't want to tell readers adachi's family problem, as it would not be a school manga anymore, fuck ill just imagine this is gto x gokusen origin story (it'll make me happier that way XD)

Then she should have just gave as a better ending than this. She just want fans to debate whether that was really Adachi(which apparently, is still in Highschool) or she's just a pigment of Shinagawa's imagination. Also, there are still lots of unfinished things like his and that other smart guys confession to Adachi. She made so many characters who looked like they're gonna be important, then, you won't even see them. I was about to give it a 8-9/10, but with this ending, it went down to 5/10 for me.
SecretXPuppeyJan 19, 2015 11:53 PM
Jan 25, 2015 1:36 PM

Apr 2014
Well finally finish this manga. It is a good manga indeed, but man I don't like the ending to it at all. No dating, no marry, or no future of them together. Is he getting friendzone or something ? Well, I still enjoy the manga overall!
Feb 16, 2015 11:15 PM

Mar 2013
-_-
The author lose a bet or something?
Man... Fk, it was so good that it really pisses me off that this would happen. I don't get why Shinagawa and the rest would abandon Adachi like that, at the end.

Come visit the Rec club! Everyone gets confused as to what they want to watch or read next. :T

Here is the Official Rec Club list of Recommendations!
Feb 19, 2015 3:12 AM

Sep 2013
i still cant believe this...i loved this rly in between. it started out kinda slow but got me hooked after ~30-40 chapters and then it starts transforming into a harem and ends in such a stupid way...definition of disappointment right here.
Mar 5, 2015 1:00 AM

Nov 2007
I don't even know. 4 years and no girl for Shinigawa. Kinda disappointing. Isn't Adachi like old as fuck for school now? She just shows back up as a student? What the hell did she do for 4 years?

Everyone went out and did shit and 4 years later oh hey back to high school.

I really enjoyed the series in the end though. The end was somewhat fitting, but still a let down.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yankee-kun to Megane-chan Chapter 212 Discussion (ACTUAL ENDING)

ThRippJck - Feb 24, 2018

7 by removed-user »»
Oct 12, 2023 4:17 PM

» Is redoing the ending a good thing? Can we make a request?

jpxavowwgamer - Jul 19, 2021

3 by removed-user »»
Oct 12, 2023 4:12 PM

Poll: » Yankee-kun to Megane-chan Chapter 23 Discussion

Faust721 - Oct 6, 2008

12 by Guts-Valley »»
Oct 12, 2021 4:51 AM

Poll: » Yankee-kun to Megane-chan Chapter 16 Discussion

Faust721 - Sep 29, 2008

5 by Guts-Valley »»
Oct 11, 2021 11:59 PM

Poll: » Yankee-kun to Megane-chan Chapter 210 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

5 by Hexcellion »»
Mar 14, 2020 9:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.