Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 8, 2014 10:12 AM

Jul 2012
Yay the plot thickens.

LOOOL
Hannah_Ana said:
Shiroe X Henrietta FTW!!

Yes.
rodacMar 9, 2014 1:37 AM
Mar 8, 2014 10:15 AM
Jun 2010
They really compress and lighten the mood in this episodes.

LazyLuongMar 8, 2014 10:20 AM
Mar 8, 2014 10:23 AM

Mar 2008
I really hope that second season will continue right after this season ends xD
Mar 8, 2014 10:24 AM

May 2012
Shiroe's harem is shaping up nicely . . .

So many fucking ships, what the hell am I watching: The Story of 20 Couples Hooking Up?

Well the ending saved this episode.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Mar 8, 2014 11:02 AM

Jan 2012
Eeeeh I didn't spot 'her' even once... well I'm bad at noticing this kind of stuff...

Didn't know marie liked naotsugu ^^' same with henrietta's crush...
Mar 8, 2014 11:13 AM

Jun 2008
lightXTC said:
So many fucking ships, what the hell am I watching: The Story of 20 Couples Hooking Up?.

Stop exaggerating. So many? let's count
Shiroe x Akatsuki, Minori, Henrieta (that's 3)
Naotsugu X Marielle (1 couple)
Nyanta X Serara (1 couple)
Rudy X Isuzu ( 1 Couple)
Even though they're not, Raynessia x Krusty ( 1 couple)

So how many shipping? just 7 and most of the encounters in this episode only lasted under 1 minute
Learn2Count

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Mar 8, 2014 11:21 AM

Aug 2013
They better stop with the fillers, I have the feeling that we've been at the same point for weeks, and it is starting to bore me. 9 --> 8

"They really compress and lighten the mood in this episodes."

What a pitty, it would have made the episode better and more dramatic.
Mar 8, 2014 11:37 AM

Jun 2008
trillo69 said:
They better stop with the fillers, I have the feeling that we've been at the same point for weeks, and it is starting to bore me. 9 --> 8

It's not fucking fillers.
This arc will mostly show the relationship between the Adventures and The Landers after the Goblin King event.

What you are seeing right now is comparable to reading the first 3 chapters of 5th volume of the light novel. And being the early chapters of a new arc, of course there are no "climax", duh...

If you don't like it, be my guest. But this is not a filler, and that is a fact.

Mar 8, 2014 11:57 AM

Mar 2012
Isn't there too much romance mixed with the original story right now? Is not that I don't like it, but romance is not a good genre to mix in this anime. (though I'm a romance sucker, so that's not that bad for me)

trillo69 said:
9 --> 8

Yup, I did the same... Log Horizon is losing quality since around episode 12 :c
Mar 8, 2014 12:01 PM
Jul 2018
Shiroe didn't noticed Akatsuki's hairpin and said she was in the way, poor Akatsuki.

Minori became Shiroe's students.
Mar 8, 2014 12:05 PM

Jul 2012
bigzzcobzz said:
Isn't there too much romance mixed with the original story right now? Is not that I don't like it, but romance is not a good genre to mix in this anime.

For me, the romance seems a bit out of place... Like, from the very start, we knew the anime would put the main two together, even though there's barely any development for them. I would be fine if it did what Shounens usually do, which is behind the scene. Problem for me is that Akatsuki isn't likable or relatable (especially compared to characters from other shows like Nagi no Asukara). :/
Mar 8, 2014 12:31 PM
Feb 2014
i'm just wondering if this anime end in the 4th book will it end better? (no one say filler, boring, etc), after reading 5th book i think it's more suitable for beginning of season 2 (especially that final cliffhanger)

is this PoTL chaos the effect of the new magic?
will henrietta x shiroe ship sail? (i don't think so)
what technology behind those ship in preview? it's quite different from ocypette and i don't think PoTL can make such a ship
Mar 8, 2014 1:05 PM

Jul 2013
lol dem guardians appearing as if Akatsuki was about to attack Naotsugu XD
LOLOL Marie hiding in that box. (Uh, how did Minori find her? lol)
Marie and Naotsugu :D
Henrietta.. and her feelings for Shiroe :o
Akatsuki once again tricked by Henrietta
Shiroe stopping that punch by the PoL was badass. "You will leave, won't you?"
Trouble afoot. An economic battle is just up ahead huh.
Lord Marves the freak.
Just a mere 2 episodes left for this season :(
Mar 8, 2014 1:13 PM
Jan 2014
Deadhouse said:
I really hope that second season will continue right after this season ends xD
Me too :3
Mar 8, 2014 1:18 PM
Oct 2012
well.... there was a lot that happened. we finally see some romance, and now someone is attacking.
Mar 8, 2014 1:21 PM

Apr 2013
Kawaii Akatsuki. So Marie likes Naotsugu and Henrietta likes Shiroe. Hehe i see a harem.
Lol @ Minori's battlefield, well i have to say that she have some speed. Still i don't like that she's copying Shiroe.
Are the people of the land attacking Akihabara? Who's that clown? Creepy face.
Mar 8, 2014 1:26 PM

Aug 2012
i like it when shiroe get serious, about time to get intense.
Mar 8, 2014 1:31 PM

Aug 2013
Shit's getting real!

Look like they'll face an ''inivisible'' opponent. Is that guy an NPC or an adventurer? He seem to own the NPC in his hand. Will he try to conquer Akihabara?

There have also been some peoples noticing that the girl with the blond hair that to the kid that Shiroe had a created a new type of magic that she was wandering in Akihabara. I'm pretty sure she will become an important opponent. Is she even an adventurer or a NPC?

About the shipping, there's so many!! But ShiroexAkatsuki is da best. Poor her, she always tease and doesn't notice a damn xD
Also, I loved how everytime she was saying to Naotsugu ''I will kill you!'', there was those NPC guard appearing :P

Minori trying her best to help Shiroe reputation :)

Henrietta even forgetting about Akatsuki because of Shiroe :O
What a ladykiller.

Now it's official that Marielle is totally digging Naotsugu. And that she's a ton of boxes.
minouneetzoeMar 8, 2014 1:41 PM
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 8, 2014 1:58 PM

Jul 2012
Oh dayum, Shiroe's got it going on with Henrietta too. We kind of saw that last episode, but I didn't think the show would explicitly state it.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Mar 8, 2014 1:59 PM
Oct 2010
back on track a little after the silly, poorly executed love triangle story. it does add a little to minori, although it's not really believable that shiroe has women falling over themselves for him. I wish they'd develop the major points a little more thoroughly, it's like everything just gets a surface treatment.
Mar 8, 2014 2:38 PM

Oct 2013
Yes the cursed sword will be drawn once again.
Mar 8, 2014 3:00 PM

May 2012
This ep confirms OTP Marie and Naotsugu..
Akiba is under attack..
Unleash that cursed sword.
Wonder if those invaders stand a chance againts those Guardians of Akiba..

Mar 8, 2014 3:23 PM

Sep 2013
The sudden appearance of the peace guardian was funny :3

Akatsuki was trying so hard to show off her hairpin, but Shiro didn't notice :(

Wait what! Henrietta Likes Shiroe too 0_0

Cute half card.

Cool so they can change their sub-class and I also like the idea of an Apprentice sub-class

Nyanta just tossed him out like the trash he was >:D

New enemy with only 2 episodes left?
Mar 8, 2014 4:17 PM
Jan 2014
NonStopRoad said:
i'm just wondering if this anime end in the 4th book will it end better? (no one say filler, boring, etc), after reading 5th book i think it's more suitable for beginning of season 2 (especially that final cliffhanger)

is this PoTL chaos the effect of the new magic?
will henrietta x shiroe ship sail? (i don't think so)
what technology behind those ship in preview? it's quite different from ocypette and i don't think PoTL can make such a ship

This is my guess but maybe the adventures from minami's technology that give them those ship considering that those PoTL comes from the west.
Mar 8, 2014 4:37 PM

Jun 2008
NonStopRoad said:

Honestly I don't know. It could be better or it could a be an awkward stop. Right now, they're just optimizing and using the episode that they already got. (You can't just make 20 episodes on a government funded anime without special reasons.)

But since you've read it, do you think the interlude of Vol 5 is a much better place to stop?

It really doesn't matter in the end though, cause haters gonna hate, no matter where you put the story of Volume 5.

Mar 8, 2014 4:41 PM

Oct 2013
Its so akward that a new arc starts in the final 2 eps
Mar 8, 2014 4:57 PM
Feb 2011
I'm more interested in that creepy lady that made a cameo a few episodes ago. She appeared twice in this episode.
Mar 8, 2014 5:29 PM

Sep 2013
Only two-episodes left! Hopefully we'll get more action.
I also think Shiroe has to get with Akatsuki. None of this Henrietta or Minori stuff.
Interesting to see how this is gonna end.
Mar 8, 2014 5:42 PM

Jun 2008
lionelllama said:
Hopefully we'll get more action. .

Gonna inform you now, there are no "Physical action". It's going to be an economy war.

There are no more physical actions till the next volume, which is in season 2 if they ever gonna make it.
This is akin to the efforts Shiroe must do to make the Round Table Conference.

Mar 8, 2014 5:56 PM
Sep 2013
It's sad that for all we know shiroe could be a Cheeto munching neckbeard in real life.
The end is nigh

Mar 8, 2014 6:42 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode I felt hungry after seeing that hamburger that Naotsugu gave to Akatsuki. :p

Jikai : Chaos
I'm getting fired up for the next episode :D
Mar 8, 2014 7:50 PM
Feb 2014
kaimax said:
But since you've read it, do you think the interlude of Vol 5 is a much better place to stop?

only if mamare can make season 2 soon enough (~2 years?), but that means 3 book in 2 years..
Mar 8, 2014 8:20 PM

Oct 2013
SweetKotomi said:

Also when Shiroe went to help that girl in the stand and tell him "You will leave, won't you?" the girl in short light purple hair looked a lot like Ryou Fujibayashi from Clannad.

only a little.

but who is this new evil dude. sah weird
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Mar 8, 2014 8:40 PM

Oct 2012
hmm, Akihabara guardians weakness found. when Akatsuki attacked Naotsugu and exchange the stamp cards, the guardians ignored the fight. Is that for comedy, or is there a loophole to the non-fighting agreement in Akihabara maintained by the guardians(NPC)? If so, then assassins can get away with battles in Akihabara if they are professional about it( sticking to an assassin's methods).

Also, "that girl" you guys been talking about is the same one who told the story that sound like the same thing that Shiroe went through to three kids in the castle right?
I only saw her once, Her hair seen more white or some bleached color to me, but it does looked lightly blonde, so what is her hair color? And when were the other two times she was spotted? I saw here after Akatsuki kicked Naotsugu.
Mar 8, 2014 8:45 PM
Jan 2014
Needalist said:
hmm, Akihabara guardians weakness found. when Akatsuki attacked Naotsugu and exchange the stamp cards, the guardians ignored the fight. Is that for comedy, or is there a loophole to the non-fighting agreement in Akihabara maintained by the guardians(NPC)? If so, then assassins can get away with battles in Akihabara if they are professional about it( sticking to an assassin's methods).

Also, "that girl" you guys been talking about is the same one who told the story that sound like the same thing that Shiroe went through to three kids in the castle right?
I only saw her once, Her hair seen more white or some bleached color to me, but it does looked lightly blonde, so what is her hair color? And when were the other two times she was spotted? I saw here after Akatsuki kicked Naotsugu.

What you have saw in this episode will be explain more maybe on next season.
Mar 8, 2014 10:34 PM

Jul 2012
Not that I don't favor the Shiroe X Henrietta ship but her inner monologue had quite a bit left out compared to the LN version. I'm a bit bothered that they chose to emphasize the fact that she definitely does see him as an attractive man but left out the part where she admits she's just got too plain a personality and knows it wouldn't work out anyway since Shiroe isn't into that sort of stuff just yet. And that if Shiroe is going to go into a relationship she'd rather he'd be w/ either Akatsuki or Minori cuz she feels they deserve him more and she is wholeheartedly supporting them both even though she knows both of them are slow on romance.

So, yes, Henrietta is attracted to Shiroe but she has decided she wont make a move on him. So the shiptease is practically non-existent in the LN.
Mar 8, 2014 11:05 PM

Jul 2013
Oh damn, the ending scene, a new villain appears.

Relationship key spotted; Marielle x Naotsugu and Henrietta x Shiroe, but damn,Shiroe has 3 girls following him. That's a big burger tbh but tasty.

I wonder how the next 2 episodes will play it off.

Mar 8, 2014 11:07 PM
Jul 2013
Man, this is the first time I've ever seen a hikokomori guy(Shiroe) denies the love of women.... very strange indeed...
Mar 8, 2014 11:26 PM

Jan 2011
I thought there was quite a bit of chemistry between Shiroe and Henrietta in previous episodes.
Mar 9, 2014 12:07 AM

May 2012
kaimax said:
lightXTC said:
So many fucking ships, what the hell am I watching: The Story of 20 Couples Hooking Up?.

Stop exaggerating. So many? let's count
Shiroe x Akatsuki, Minori, Henrieta (that's 3)
Naotsugu X Marielle (1 couple)
Nyanta X Serara (1 couple)
Rudy X Isuzu ( 1 Couple)
Even though they're not, Raynessia x Krusty ( 1 couple)

So how many shipping? just 7 and most of the encounters in this episode only lasted under 1 minute
Learn2Count

Oh, I'm sorry for deliberately not counting, Mr. Pedantic Uptight.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Mar 9, 2014 12:27 AM

Nov 2009
Okay, there were lots of signs that Maryelle likes Naotsugu but I seriously didn't notice Henrietta's feelings for Shiroe. Totally unexpected for me.

I like the emphasis given to Shiroe this episode. Cursed sword, haha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2014 12:31 AM

Dec 2013
I dub the new antagonist Lord Death Note! Christ he does look like Ryuk, I did a double take there when I saw his face.

Found out about the Naotsugu x Marielle ship from the manga around two or thee months back, so nothing new there. The other couples are pretty much as expected from the anime.

Nyanta san finally showing some BadAss-ness after being relegated to side character in the past two or three arcs. Even Shiroe stopping the NPC with a finger was cool.

Akatsuki, poor Akatsuki, won't be noticed by her Lord even when she blatantly gets herself fixed up by Henrietta (I thought she was plenty cute in those modern clothes). Getting pissed off at Naotsugus teasing was funny as heck, specially since we haven't seen those useless guardians in a while.

Minori's new subclass seems interesting, but does that mean that she'll keep all her skills if she's apprenticed to another teacher? I mean if she was apprenticed to Shiroe, then she'd get Scribe skills, but does that mean if she went under Nyanta as a cook, then she would lose the scribe abilities that she'd previously acquired? If thats the case, I can understand why no one really wants to use that subclass.

Krusty and Issac have so much respect for Shiroe, made me appreciate him all the more since he's been stuck the last two arcs not doing much else but paperwork (apart from the BA Rudy revival).
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 9, 2014 12:33 AM

Apr 2012
Shiroe officially has a harem. Harem tag pls. Too bad I think he's gay O_O.

Mar 9, 2014 4:29 AM
Oct 2013
Zeally said:

I think there would be more lesbians in the world if I follow your logic.
Mar 9, 2014 4:40 AM
Aug 2012
Zeally said:

Please pray tell how did you reach that conclusion.........unless you are gay for Shiroe or jealous of him.

He has to take care of too many things first before thinking about himself. Also Minori is getting better and better. People were complaining about her before but she showed that rather than acting cutesy and helpless she would try to get better and help Shiroe as much as she can. Girls like that, how can anyone not admire personality and resolve?

Poor people of the land, they are going to learn firsthand just what the "Villain in Glasses" is like. Not to mention the Demonic Warrior in Glasses and the Black Knight too.

Mar 9, 2014 5:01 AM

Jun 2008
pipeds said:
Man, this is the first time I've ever seen a hikokomori guy(Shiroe) denies the love of women.... very strange indeed...

More like he's oblivious to all of it. He's too busy thinking about the Round Table Conference, getting more information and the whole mysteries of the world.

In Shiroe's eyes:
Akatsuki is just another close female member of his guild (Main source of Akatsuki's problem in the future)
Minori is just a close student to him, he sees nothing romantic in their relationship
Henrietta is honestly the only female he treats equally, but the problem lies with Henrietta for not pursuing more.

Mar 9, 2014 5:09 AM
Oct 2010
I think I spotted that storyteller/Minamiperson? three times.

I hope we get a season 2 announcement very soon after this season ends, really want to see what happens.
Mar 9, 2014 5:36 AM

Feb 2014
are we getting a season 2 because this has to be one of the best shows of the season ?
Mar 9, 2014 7:16 AM

Jun 2008
stealthdasher said:
are we getting a season 2 because this has to be one of the best shows of the season ?

At the least, they're not planning on doing a forced ending and for now just following the Light Novel very closely.

Mar 9, 2014 7:33 AM
Nov 2013
Zeally said:

nah, u need more girls to make harem.
this anime will end with happy Threesome just like Maoyuu.

in LN(in exact this ep) Henrieta state that she think Shiroe is special, but she doesn't like Shiroe as a lover. dunno why anime version make it look like harem anime.
for poor Minori, there is no hope for her.

in the end. Shiroe x Akatsuki x "that girl"
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.