Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2007 12:50 PM

Jul 2005
Well, what do you guys think of the second episode?
For myself, I liked it even more then the first one. Somehow I get the same melancholic feeling from this as from Jyu-Oh-Sei. It was sad that Age had to leave his friend but I hope he'll return to the planet he came from.
Anyways, I'm definitely going to continue watching.
Apr 16, 2007 2:45 PM

Jan 2007
I am really enjoying this series. Its a fairly generic plot but the presentation appeals to me. I am looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 16, 2007 3:00 PM

Mar 2007
Ahah! Do you know why I started watching this?

I saw a pic of the anime and I thought: "OMG that guy looks just like Van from Escaflowne!". O_O The guy I mean is, obviously, AGE.
Now I know I've been fooled. It's a fake version of Van with longer hair, blue eyes, less manners, ...

I liked the 2nd episode. But I have a very bad feeling about this. I mean... the series is giving me a "deja vu" feeling and it's not good. I hope it doesn't turn out like Candidate for Goddess... great potential but an amazing failure.

In ANN they say that this series has the genre "Romance", but so far I haven't seen any hint. But I bet it'll be Age and the princess.
Apr 16, 2007 3:19 PM

Oct 2006
Faust721 said:
I am really enjoying this series. Its a fairly generic plot but the presentation appeals to me. I am looking forward to the next episode.

Ditto there. I thought it seemed rather dull from the description, but I'm enjoying it thus far.
Apr 16, 2007 9:10 PM

Aug 2006
Yeah, this series definitely belongs as one of my favourites for this season. Again I love this space opera type stuff. Oh, yeah, hey Krelian did that scene where Age was walking outside of the ship remind you of chaos from Xenosaga Episode II. Oh yeah, one more thing the BGM for this series is quite epic. It's got that movie quality orchestral flare to it. I'm really enjoying that as well.
zanmato666Apr 16, 2007 10:33 PM
Apr 16, 2007 10:03 PM

Oct 2006
Hey, someone I recognize! :D

And yeah, I agree on both counts. I'm definitely liking the soundtrack, and Age is a pretty awesome character. I'm a little confused as to why he had to protect the princess at the end though - I was under the impression that her golden-ish self that appears apart from her body is just some sort of projection, but Age was definitely shielding her.

I'll be disappointed if anyone else can walk around in space though - any humans, at least. It's cool because it's abnormal... if everyone could breathe in space it'd just be weird.
Apr 17, 2007 3:18 AM

Jan 2007
V. good anime Age char is good I hope its a long anime 52 ep and more.
May 9, 2009 9:12 PM

Dec 2008
I hope that the silver tribe has a strong antagonist to match up to age. that should give it more conflict, other than the romance conflict that i foresee about a love triangle between age, Dhianeila and Iolaous. idk though.
it'd be pretty boring if it remained like this.
Feb 23, 2010 2:49 AM

Nov 2009
Crazy boy he is, this A-G-E. His behaviour on the ship was really similar to monkey. And his powers when he transforms into Nodos... really powerful.
So far really like this series.
May 2, 2010 6:59 PM
Apr 2010
Rule the universe? Use his power to defeat gods? quite the ego on that guy >.<

I'm loving this series the first 2 episode were good.

And what of that Silver tribe guy? He seems bad-ass with that stare then vanish..lol
Jun 29, 2010 9:24 PM

Jul 2009
wonder how old Age is. Seems to have been on that planet for centuries
Nov 21, 2010 5:00 PM

Jan 2008
I'm currently rewatching this show, still really enjoyable :D

Osianilist said:
Rule the universe? Use his power to defeat gods? quite the ego on that guy >.<

I don't think those things are things Age wants to do, those are things written down by the Iron Race (Humans), in that contract thingy, to either control Age or to establish how long he has to serve the Humans.

coyotech said:
wonder how old Age is. Seems to have been on that planet for centuries

I'm not quite sure but wasn't it said in the first episode that Ages' Ship crashed 120 years ago or did I misread something? :p
"Truth is always a delusion." - Friedrich Dürrenmatt
May 30, 2012 3:25 AM
Dec 2010
Looks awesome. I'm not fan of just any mecha anime but i think i'm gonna like this one :)
Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jan 12, 2013 11:03 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
There at the end the Princess had That Look™ in her eye.
May 28, 2013 12:03 PM

Sep 2012
Labors seems like some dictatorship conditions to me. Making them rulers of the universe ? No less.
Mar 26, 2014 6:51 PM

Jun 2013
How he transforms is pretty cool, if only it was made this year xD
Sep 22, 2014 6:41 PM

Dec 2012
Ok, now I've been hooked in. Age is hilarious and I had a feeling the clash of differences would occur. His hero power up was even cooler this time around, both the transformation and how he went berserk on those bugs.
Jan 14, 2015 2:05 PM

Jan 2008
You have a Michigan (aka Juwan Howard) saying in the thread title, and you're using it in an OSU context. I don't approve. :(

I had forgotten who said eet. XD
Feb 16, 2015 9:28 AM
Jun 2013
so they call the area around the princess the foribbden circle wonder why. Age first appreance was pretty entertaining. I would have thought the great gold people would have taught the kid some basic knowledge. So the 12 pledge is basically the humans will rule....seems kinda selfish. I also see some sort of love triangle thing happening down the line.
Nov 24, 2015 10:56 PM

Feb 2010
I don't get why this series isn't more popular, seems great so far. Also I just realized that Age's friend looks like an Zerg Overlord lol xD

Dec 16, 2015 6:42 AM

May 2014
The saivour of the human race is a monkey
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Mar 23, 2016 2:01 PM

May 2012
Superb development, really like how the story and characters are developing! Looking forward to see what's next.
Aug 2, 2020 1:56 PM
Oct 2019
The show's background synopsis at the beginning of the episode is hard to follow.

Gold tribe was obviously intelligent, powerful and advanced. They sent out a signal that was heard by the Silver. Bronze and Heroic tribes. But the Gold tribe eventually leaves for another universe. All of that seems clear enough.

Where it begins to make no sense is when the one Gold ship crashes onto a planet and the only survivor is a human boy? What, on a Gold ship? How did he get on a different tribe's ship? The Gold tribe embraced this orphaned child. But how, he was the only survivor? And they gave the human race the Iron tribe moniker. Ok, but you just said the Gold tribe left and that all the Gold tribe on the ship is dead, so how do they know about the boy? Then the Gold tribe makes a prophecy that the destiny of humankind lies within the boy. ALL of that = WHAT?!

From how it describes humans as "newly emerged", I assume they responded to the Gold tribe's call shortly before the Gold tribe left, even though it doesn't explicitly state as much... Sigh

(EDIT: After watching episode 3, it appears that beginning scene changes each time, providing additional information. Still doesn't explain why they couldn't have episode 2's make sense but whatever.)

Otherwise, the show seems to have potential. It's got a John Carter kind of vibe to it.
HagePotPotatoAug 2, 2020 4:43 PM
Mar 3, 2021 4:15 PM

Feb 2012
He lost the ship, which he viewed as his mother. Futo comforting Age 😭.

The look on Mail and Tail's faces when Dhianeila offered to have Futo come along lol

Age must save humanity, and humanity will revitalize his home in return?

He really is like Goku, especially the innocence (no impure thoughts so he is the only male who can be near the psychic Dhianeila).

These are humans but a select few of them have supernatural abilities? Dhianeila is psychic, the twins have telekinesis and Iolaous has teleportation? Is this evolution? Is this technology?

Age feels most at home with nature. Still not sure who "father" is, Dhianeila assumes its collectively the Tribe of Gold, but could Age be referring to Bellcross?

Also, when the Mobeedo was alerted than the ship had been damaged, I thought Age had transformed whilst inside the ship. Fortunately he didn't, but tearing through the ship with his bare hands and breathing in space? wow

Bellcross, who is aware of the 12 Agreements, appears to be able to convey these thoughts directly to Age since they share the same body, so Age can understand the 12 Agreements without even knowing the concept of numbers.
Fortress_MaximusMar 3, 2021 4:36 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 8, 2023 1:48 PM
Apr 2021
Somewhat generic, but has some potential. Like how the "gods" are just beings that created the universe to see what they do and now they have chosen a person to basically eliminate all those that were not satisfactory.... very typicial religion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heroic Age Episode 9 Discussion

zanmato666 - May 31, 2007

7 by gautrstafr »»
Nov 10, 2023 7:57 AM

Poll: » Heroic Age Episode 18 Discussion

VK11 - Aug 8, 2007

20 by CaptainKenshiro »»
May 8, 2023 11:23 AM

Poll: » Heroic Age Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Oct 3, 2007

101 by iwubanime »»
Dec 6, 2022 10:30 PM

Poll: » Heroic Age Episode 1 Discussion

zanmato666 - Apr 4, 2007

23 by Abcccc988 »»
Jun 11, 2021 11:19 PM

Poll: » Heroic Age Episode 25 Discussion

Faust721 - Sep 26, 2007

20 by FireRifle64 »»
May 20, 2021 2:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.