Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2008 2:03 PM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well it probably isn't the end of nero but damn that was quick.
Jan 5, 2008 2:04 PM

Apr 2007

Yeah it was.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2008 8:08 PM

May 2007
Dude that sucked then.
Jan 12, 2008 4:04 AM

Apr 2007
i dont quite get this. So his able to see these lines which are 'death'... and just breezefully 'cut' thru these lines with his small knife, completly cutting right through anything... Wha???

I like the story and all, tis good stuff, but that just does'nt make any sense to me, and I just can't help but laugh at it.

And the animation really annoys me at times in this... naruto shippuden level... (if im remembering naruto shippuden right).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2008 4:23 AM

Mar 2007
Cutting a line breaks the object, and prevents it from recovering. Nrvnqsr contained 666 beasts, and even though he would for example get an arm cut off it would recover. But by tracing the lines in his arm it would make him no longer be able to recover it.
And by stabbing a dot(usually said as dot-stabbing) an object would erase it from existence.

So the lines are the 'weak' part of the object, and the dots are the objects 'death'.
Feb 18, 2008 10:34 PM

Feb 2008
Good explanation Sobzob.

But I really laughed at this. So, he can just destroy anything he sees?! LOL!

Then he's the strongest.. Ouch!

hahaha!

But still, why does Ciel-senpai in the top of the post again? I can't get it.

It's fiction, so anything can be done. But that's really OVER..
Apr 21, 2008 9:58 AM

Apr 2008
ZoiQ said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well it probably isn't the end of nero but damn that was quick.

Neverender said:

Yeah it was.

ZoiQ said:
Dude that sucked then.

Why the hell do you spoil other's who watching it for the first time O_o ?

as for episode i love it ^^ nice animation and im getting more feel like im watching Fate/Stay Night ^^
Sep 2, 2008 4:23 AM

Apr 2008
I really like Shiki actually. But idk if I got a dubbed version of this with the original japanese voices or if it's supposed to be like this, but I got tired of the crappy, look away, blood splatter on the floor, arm is gone. Or look away, look at feet, chair has fallen to bits. It seemed to try & cut out as much of the actual violence as possible. Even when Nero was defeated it looked at the moon, then had him scream & then he was gone. How lame is that!

And this power, I don't understand what's so special about it, I mean anyone can cut something up =S
Sep 4, 2008 3:41 AM
Jul 2018
Fullmetal-Locke said:
I really like Shiki actually. But idk if I got a dubbed version of this with the original japanese voices or if it's supposed to be like this, but I got tired of the crappy, look away, blood splatter on the floor, arm is gone. Or look away, look at feet, chair has fallen to bits. It seemed to try & cut out as much of the actual violence as possible. Even when Nero was defeated it looked at the moon, then had him scream & then he was gone. How lame is that!

And this power, I don't understand what's so special about it, I mean anyone can cut something up =S

seconded. but at least he needs only a small pocket knife to do so xD
Jun 13, 2009 10:34 AM

Oct 2008
Yumizuka..

Jun 24, 2009 4:07 AM
Feb 2009
Not much to bring home with the fight with Nero if you ask me. But I'm definitely starting to like Shiki. Now it turns out he's a superpowered killer.

The only one who's still left out is Ciel... only thing she did was standing on that pole...
Oct 22, 2009 10:31 AM

Sep 2009
Da_Nuke said:
Not much to bring home with the fight with Nero if you ask me. But I'm definitely starting to like Shiki. Now it turns out he's a superpowered killer.

The only one who's still left out is Ciel... only thing she did was standing on that pole...

Yeah, Ciel-sempai is indeed a mystery.
Jan 7, 2010 4:00 PM

Jun 2009
Seems like Nero should've won, remember how he grabbed his hand? should've been game over right there, as long as Shiki cant slice or stab hes no threat, because he has a weak body, and is only human. Kinda wish Shiki wielded something a little cooler than a letter opener also. But overall, a interesting show.
Aug 28, 2010 8:30 PM

Dec 2007
Satsuki was at that hotel? What? And Akiha almost doesn't care about Shiki not coming home.She is acting so out of character :/ I skipped most of the episode (since it was all explanation about true ancestors and other stuff, which is boring)
The battle was one of my favourite scenes in the VN so I had high expectations for it.Obviously, I was dissapointed.But I guess it could be worse.
looks like next episode will be about akiha/kohaku/hisui.
Sep 27, 2010 7:31 AM
Jul 2010
This is actually getting interesting. It's a little boring though.
About Ciel, from her outfit I'm guessing she belongs to that Crurch Organization Nero talked about. Not that I have any idea of what that is but I shall find out soon.
Feb 21, 2011 2:14 PM

May 2009
Fight against Nero in Anime - Sucked

In Visual Novel- Way more cool
Oct 19, 2011 12:02 PM

Jul 2010
he's actually more powerful than we think he is (or in tl;dr FU--ING HAX'S)but he's a scared high skool student, so if u keep ur distance u can beat him.

Dec 2, 2011 10:02 PM

Mar 2011
That pocket knife is a weapon of mass destruction.
Jan 19, 2012 5:37 PM
Jul 2011
This

Earwen said:
Satsuki was at that hotel? What? And Akiha almost doesn't care about Shiki not coming home.She is acting so out of character :/ I skipped most of the episode (since it was all explanation about true ancestors and other stuff, which is boring)
The battle was one of my favourite scenes in the VN so I had high expectations for it.Obviously, I was dissapointed.But I guess it could be worse.
looks like next episode will be about akiha/kohaku/hisui.

and this

marazshinig said:
Fight against Nero in Anime - Sucked

In Visual Novel- Way more cool

So far I are disappoint. As a fan of the VN and knowing this is a less-than-faithful adaptation, I am still struggling to watch it based on its own merits cos the VN is just so much more awesome. Damn it, they didn't even manage to get the colour of the crow right so no longer is it that sinister figure of foreboding it should be, it's just a regular black crow. The masochist in me will probably keep watching just to see how much more it's going to annoy me though! haha
Jan 27, 2012 3:02 AM

Jun 2011
Oh my god, could it get any slower than this? Even the action sequences lack the adrenaline rush one would expect from a fight between vampires.

The only redeeming feature is the vampire princess, but maybe it's because her voice actor also did Rukia's voice in Bleach. Argh, I guess I have no choice but to finish it, since my inner mind won't let me drop something once I've started it.
Feb 6, 2012 1:49 PM

Nov 2010
Shiki's power/abilities comes more clear now.
It was a nice fight unlike the dark episode before it.
Feb 16, 2013 4:45 AM
Dec 2012
lt kind of pulled off. atleast l saw someone die, and the knife and eyes are rather intresting
Aug 16, 2013 4:51 PM
Mar 2010
I quite liked the episode. The slow pace works with the mystery and unknown side to the series so far. I don't particularly mind them cutting away from some of the action as I feel this is turning more into a mystery/working things out kind of thing than an action anime.
Aug 28, 2013 1:37 PM

Apr 2013
WTF ?!! Nrvnqsr was killed only in one episode -_-

I mean seriously in the VN he summoned hordes of beasts and animals and his body is made by 666 various types of creatures.
Always-HungryAug 28, 2013 1:41 PM
Apr 22, 2014 6:35 AM

Jul 2013
i guess the beginning of the episode was too slow and the ending was too fast ._.

maybe if the beginning wasn't so slow, we could get a better fight scene...
i don't think this series shows a good sense of timing
May 21, 2014 11:53 AM

Aug 2010
You know, I have to give credit where it's due, even if it's J. C. Staff.

That chair was an eyesore.
Jun 1, 2014 7:41 PM

Oct 2013
oooo shits getting real kind of enjoying this so paced development
[/quote]
Jan 2, 2015 9:32 AM

May 2011
I have not played the VN, and three episodes thus far, I am rather impressed by the amount of work J.C. placed to emphasise the dismal mood of the series. Having roughly skimmed through synopses here and there, they were able to convey the message rather effectively and concisely; explanations behind the tricky concepts of the Tsukihime universe are easily explained without much digression and confusion, convolution so far minimal. Although, I would have issues with plot pacing and the scenario-writing for the script.

Nevertheless, I am still most impressed by the original soundtrack, and obviously I would mention both the opening and the ending of the series. Oomori-sensei really portrayed his genius in his compositions for this anime, and never do I usually feel the intensity of an anime by its opening (considering the fact that most anime openings are typical J-pop). Considering the fact that he composed one of the most outstanding openings of all time (Zankoku) and another of my personal favourite (You Get to Burning), he needs to do more works for anime. Impressed. 5/5
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Apr 6, 2015 10:37 AM

Apr 2013
Seems kinda slow, not that much happening in 20 minutes. If the charcters were more interesting I'd enjoy this far more.
Aug 20, 2015 5:37 PM

Jun 2014
maybe this will be a half decent show.
Jan 10, 2016 12:26 PM

Jan 2012
interesting power he got.

Mar 25, 2016 11:48 AM

Jul 2013
WTF? Nero was defeated like that? But Shiki has to kill his 600 familiars and after than he turns into his monster form. Here he is just cutted by Shiki and dies like nothing.

Very underwhelming. I began to understand why the Tsukihimi fans negate the existence of the anime.
Apr 17, 2016 6:25 PM
Jun 2013
oh no worries im sure shiki didint bang anyone. so shiki has find the weak point eyes. I wonder if the animals ate all those people or did someone do clean up. Oh wow what a birthday for that girl. thats pretty dang sad so much for saving her. So we got two vamps. Ones that seem born that way and ones who were turned. wait did he cut his arm earlier or what that cosplay girl who was just standing there randomly?
Oct 17, 2018 2:01 PM

Feb 2015
Mystic eyes of death... that shit is too OP.

Seriously though, he died rather quickly which is a shame.

Maybe I should read the manga/VN after all.
Feb 26, 2020 1:58 AM

Nov 2017
That girl being at the hotel was kinda random.
Jun 9, 2021 10:16 AM

Aug 2018
Still hate this MC. My guess is he’s a reincarnated dung worm.
Oct 24, 2022 6:03 PM
Jul 2020
The good guy killed the bad guy oh yeah.
Nov 7, 2022 3:48 AM
Apr 2020
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<this is heresy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Jul 17, 2023 6:42 PM

Nov 2010
I'm curious about who that red-haired hottie is.
Oh no, Yumizuka got eaten by Nero? Well, she's yummy, and I would've devoured her myself. That's too bad she's waifu tier.
Interesting info about two kinds of vampires. I wish a true ancestor would bite me! I want to join the ranks of immortals!
I've seen Kyara no Kyoukai first, and I saw how op Mystic Eyes of Perception is. I'm not surprised; even a wimp like Toono can kick ass with it.
Feb 13, 10:14 PM
Jul 2023
- Ah, he used the lines from the beginning to kill Arc. Makes sense now.
- Mystic eyes! There’s the connection to fate :)
- Nero was so easy to kill, this protagonist is going to be overpowered
- Awww a forehead kiss
Mar 13, 5:28 PM
Dec 2018
Bad episode

Shiki defeats Nero, who defeated Arcade, defeating him with one blow. The logic is bad here. I did not like the episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingetsutan Tsukihime Episode 11 Discussion

zq - Jan 23, 2008

36 by metalrain_15 »»
Apr 10, 4:20 PM

Poll: » Shingetsutan Tsukihime Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

lunarcrusader - Jan 8, 2008

135 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 14, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Shingetsutan Tsukihime Episode 10 Discussion

babykeiji - Feb 19, 2008

24 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 14, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Shingetsutan Tsukihime Episode 9 Discussion

babykeiji - Feb 19, 2008

21 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 14, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Shingetsutan Tsukihime Episode 8 Discussion

babykeiji - Feb 19, 2008

31 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 14, 2:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.