Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 18, 2014 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, now that's power~

I think Kyoko is getting her feelings out in a right way although she still feels a bit hurt about what happened before although I'm not too surprised. Oh well, at least they are on speaking terms again.
Feb 18, 2014 11:40 AM

Mar 2013
Finally Papa Dairenji's made his appearance.That battle was good,but Takiko is disappointed from Natsume.So,Mutobe became the shikigami of Takiko.why Takiko is so obsessed with yakou?.Finally,It's Karasuba moment next week..can't wait
Feb 18, 2014 12:00 PM

May 2012
Harutora's power almost got out of control. Thanks to Ohtomo sensei who's appearance is at the right time and restrained him. It seems everyone is shocked (Ohtomo, Takiko, Miyo) after learning that Natsume is a girl. And Miyo said that she is sure that Yasuzumi's born child is a boy. What does that mean? Don't tell me...

Nice episode. Shidou's debut finally came and Mutobe's appearance is so hot. One of my favorite part is where Harutora got slapped. That is the first time. Even Hokuto before didn't slap Harutora after she saw him kissed by another girl. And Natsume too. Kyouko is the first time who slapped our very dense Bakatora.
It's not a matter of talent. It's a matter of will
Feb 18, 2014 3:24 PM

Apr 2008
Did Tsuchimikado papa put a spell on Natsume to make peoples ignore small details about her true gender ?

RenAshdoll said:
why Takiko is so obsessed with yakou?.Finally,It's Karasuba moment next week..can't wait
Sheltered princess and the destined prince charming on black raven she heard in bedtime story every night, perhaps ^^;;
Feb 18, 2014 3:32 PM

Jun 2011
So now it raises the question whether Natsume is a girl will have an influence on the Takiko and her associates. Will they still want Natsume to be on their side? I think Natsume's gender might have something to do with the reincarnation of Yakou. Can a girl be a reincarnation Yakou since Yakou is a guy?
Feb 18, 2014 4:56 PM
Mar 2012
Shih said:
So now it raises the question whether Natsume is a girl will have an influence on the Takiko and her associates. Will they still want Natsume to be on their side? I think Natsume's gender might have something to do with the reincarnation of Yakou. Can a girl be a reincarnation Yakou since Yakou is a guy?

Feb 18, 2014 5:02 PM

Sep 2012
liemtodaisu said:

Why am I not surprised by that? lulz...
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Feb 18, 2014 5:08 PM

Jul 2013
Finally subs are out. 6 hours later than usual. This episode was pretty good although I have a gut feeling a big chunk of it was skipped or rushed. I don't get it. What exactly caused Harutora's power to go out of control? I'm unsure whether or not is was to do with Takiko or perhaps Harutora being worried about Natsume that caused his power to spike. Can't wait till next week. Shits gonna hit the fan!
Feb 18, 2014 5:22 PM

Mar 2010
Ophis said:
Finally subs are out. 6 hours later than usual. This episode was pretty good although I have a gut feeling a big chunk of it was skipped or rushed. I don't get it. What exactly caused Harutora's power to go out of control? I'm unsure whether or not is was to do with Takiko or perhaps Harutora being worried about Natsume that caused his power to spike. Can't wait till next week. Shits gonna hit the fan!

It's obviously a side effect of forcing his spiritual power through Natsume's seal in the fight against Shaver. Remember last week, Kon stated his energy has become unstable and he's feeding her way more energy than usual? Harutora didn't even notice it so she been worried about it.
Iron_MawFeb 18, 2014 5:46 PM
Feb 18, 2014 5:31 PM

Nov 2012
So Harutora is the Yakou,and that's why the star on his cheek was disappearing when Takiko was counting up.Cause it was releasing/challenging his Yakou powers or smth.

Also the fact that the Yakou's reincarnation was stated to be a boy is basically a confirmation too(as if it wasn't already obvious enough).

Also I thought Harutora already knew that Natsume was Hokuto but I guess not.It'll probably be revealed next episode during the festival.
Feb 18, 2014 5:41 PM

Nov 2012
Nobody knows how to keep their mouth shut, but I wonder why it's such a big deal that Natsume is a girl. Does that mean Harutora is actually the reincarnation of Yako?
Feb 18, 2014 5:44 PM

Apr 2010
Not buying it. Yukou is actually Kon.
Feb 18, 2014 6:29 PM

Nov 2012
Weird, I guess the princess wants a prince.
This is becoming a bit of a harem anime..... sweet..........
Feb 18, 2014 6:39 PM

Jan 2011
AthrunZ29 said:
liemtodaisu said:

Why am I not surprised by that? lulz...

This show drops the most obvious hints at the big twists.
Feb 18, 2014 6:40 PM

Aug 2008
I wonder what is Takiko's power, she is held in such special regard. It's hard to see her as an enemy when she just wants friend. If Shidou Dairenji was the head of Twin Horn Syndicate, why would he say Yako might not be worthy of Takiko's comradeship, isn't he a Yako follower too?
princessnightFeb 18, 2014 6:53 PM
Feb 18, 2014 6:46 PM

Oct 2013
It is hard to believe that noone could figure out Natsume was a girl for this long...no doubt at all thinking that she was a boy and then utter shock when it gets announced

Man fights feel shorter and shorter...and the "silly drama" gets longer and longer..had hope when Harutora started losin it then he gets contained...Best part of the episode is when Kon pulls out her sword after Ohtomo's comment.

I like the anime but it feels dragged out during some parts
Feb 18, 2014 6:54 PM

Jul 2012
Rcd said:
It is hard to believe that noone could figure out Natsume was a girl for this long...no doubt at all thinking that she was a boy and then utter shock when it gets announced

Well,actually it wasn't that there was no other trick to it other than her dressing up as a boy. Yasuzumi also placed a kind of spell that even pulls the wool over pro onmyouji to hide Natsumes gender. It wasn't explained much in the anime but there were several times where Tora questioned why nobody noticed Natsume was a she even though she looked quite feminine to him despite the uniform. Turns out she had a spell cast that distorts the perception of people around her so they would perceive her as male.
Feb 18, 2014 7:05 PM

Aug 2013
"I liked you." Well Kyouko, nobody's stopping you from continuing to like Natsume *cough* lol

Four episodes to go. Kind of sad how there isn't enough material after this. We're going to be left hanging T__T
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 18, 2014 7:16 PM

Nov 2011
fingers cross for harutora x kyouko
Hate Keeps me warm
Feb 18, 2014 7:30 PM

Jan 2009
antonn said:

Feb 18, 2014 7:42 PM

Jul 2013
Nice fight there.. though it almost turned into a real one.
Surprising that many people had no idea she was a girl.
Kyouko telling Takiko that she's a girl..
Plenty of drama next episode..to be expected of course.
Feb 18, 2014 7:58 PM

Apr 2012
i'm just waiting for Natsume to finally tell Harutora that she is the one that created Hokuto. Then they can finally confess to each other :D. Everyone knows it is just a matter of time ~_~

Feb 18, 2014 7:59 PM
Jul 2018
The Natsume vs Takiko was alright.

Now Takiko had find out that Natsume was a girl, I wonder what she will do. The rumor of Natusme's true identity started to spread over the school.
Feb 18, 2014 8:20 PM

Dec 2013
Wow this was a pretty good episode, the pacing felt good and main points were covered without feeling rushed!

Finally! Suzuka's dad debut in this episode, this guy looks pretty interesting but too bad he's actually the bad guy here considering what he did with his children. I wonder how Suzuka will react to his revival.

Looks like Takiko is actually a real princess, I thought it was just her nickname or something.

The fight between Takiko and Natsume was good but we could clearly see Takiko was much powerful. And wow, Harutora's power is really growing unstable, Kon's warning from the previous epusode proved to be right. Good thing Ohtomo handles the situation but him resigning from the school sounds bad.

So that guy who created spiritual disasters in Touji's character development arc is back, this time revived as Kumomaru. I think the anime should have explained more about Yase-doji/Imperial pallbearers but for the most of the part, it looks like a spell to revive dead people as shikigami. Kinda similar to Taizan Fukun.

Looks like Yakou was the top military general with Souma and Kurahashi clan supporting him from the side lines.

Drama felt okay but not nearly good for my taste, good thing they get together as friends again. I'm thinking the cross dressing tradition will result in something bad...

Hopefully I can handle all those feels in the next episode considering how dramatic this one was with Natusme and Kyouko's scene... ;___;
Can't wait for the next episode now.
Gamer6Feb 18, 2014 8:27 PM

Feb 18, 2014 8:33 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, I thought Takiko knows that Natsume is a girl, well she finds out at the end. Kyouko still heartbreak about seeing Natsume's gender but at least they made up.
Next up the festival episode.

I got a little confused about this Yukou possession or something like that. Can someone please explain to me about the Yukou part, I think I missed something in the previous episode or I don't get the general understanding of it.

Feb 18, 2014 8:45 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, even the Principal didn't know about Natsume... that gives a new perspective...
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Feb 18, 2014 9:05 PM
Mar 2012
Natsume and Kyouko made up so that's good. Surprised to see how many people found out Natsume was a girl this episode
Feb 18, 2014 9:05 PM

Mar 2010
Good episode. The drama was well handled too as relationship between Kyouko, Natsume and Harutora was mended without dragging things at all. Nice to get some background on the Souma Clan.

BTW, Mutobe and Shidou's reappearance certainly explains what Hirarta/Takiko was doing back in ep 9:

http://i61.tinypic.com/s6qb61.jpg
http://i57.tinypic.com/2roidck.png

omega_d94 said:
I got a little confused about this Yukou possession or something like that. Can someone please explain to me about the Yukou part, I think I missed something in the previous episode or I don't get the general understanding of it.

There is no possession going. people think that Natusme is suppose to be reincarnation of Yakou who is said to come back during this era.
Feb 18, 2014 9:07 PM
Feb 2009
oh man nest week ep already
Feb 18, 2014 9:30 PM

Nov 2007
God! This anime just got several folds better just after this episode. Looks like the true reincarnation was indeed you know who. I always had a bit of doubt but now there isn't a shred left.

Great episode!

Also, as CLAMP-sensei tachi revealed in the past that those with possession of strong magical power attract each other. No wonder why there are three girls after him. :D
shanimebibFeb 18, 2014 9:34 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 18, 2014 9:33 PM
Jan 2014
zilch16 said:
Harutora's power almost got out of control. Thanks to Ohtomo sensei who's appearance is at the right time and restrained him. It seems everyone is shocked (Ohtomo, Takiko, Miyo) after learning that Natsume is a girl. And Miyo said that she is sure that Yasuzumi's born child is a boy. What does that mean? Don't tell me...

Nice episode. Shidou's debut finally came and Mutobe's appearance is so hot. One of my favorite part is where Harutora got slapped. That is the first time. Even Hokuto before didn't slap Harutora after she saw him kissed by another girl. And Natsume too. Kyouko is the first time who slapped our very dense Bakatora.

I think Harutora is a Yakou reincarnation . Because some of the reasons , the Yakou reincarnation can't be a girl , they 're surely suprised when hearing that ....
Feb 18, 2014 10:44 PM

Jul 2012
One more week of waiting before the grand "table flip". Here's to 8bit. Wishing them luck. I hope they don't take too much liberties w/ the material this time. Looking forward to the fireworks festival next week. Oh, and hands off Suzuka guys. She's mine.
Feb 18, 2014 11:05 PM

Aug 2012
Even after reading the source material, it is still a strange thing for me for them to announce Natsume's SECRET to anyone they feel like.
Feb 19, 2014 12:03 AM

Aug 2008
How could anyone be surprised she's a girl? Was her disguise just so badly portrayed in the anime and manga? This is one of things that has been bothering me for a while in this series.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 19, 2014 12:45 AM

Jan 2011
Antanaru said:
How could anyone be surprised she's a girl? Was her disguise just so badly portrayed in the anime and manga? This is one of things that has been bothering me for a while in this series.

Partly to emphasize the difference between those in the family and those outside. No one who wasn't part of, or intimately associated with the family, were let in on the secret. And pretty obviously there are still secrets to be revealed that even Natsume and Harutora aren't aware of. The audience is aware of her real gender because the main characters are aware of it and because they aren't going down the reverse trap route. Actually, our point of view has always been Harutora's, although it is supplemented every now and then with information from Natsume and Touji. When he finds out something, we find out something. The disguise spell is misdirection magic that is an order of magnitude above what people expected and has been cunningly designed to hide Natsume's gender, because once that is revealed
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Feb 19, 2014 12:51 AM

Dec 2013
Antanaru said:
All beings have auras and can be differentiated by gender. Males are born with more Yang and females born with more Yin. Ohtomo points out these things in his dialogues after learning abiut Natsume's gender. Stuff he said like "They got me...it was a disguise meant to deceive professional onmyo exorcist. A second grade spell can become this strong once it's put into place..." clearly he was talking about manipulating that aura spell. The anime didn't exactly left the info about the auras and how shamans could perceive them with spirit sight such as in Harutora's case when he became Natsume's shikigami at the end of episode 2.

Not to mention most of the traditional family heads are depicted as males. So it's legimate for Natsume to act like a male. Why is she cross dressing is due to other reason too which might be considered as a big spoiler for next episode. And...her pitiful chest... ;)

Also everything rodac said in his post sums it up. Thanks rodac.
Gamer6Feb 19, 2014 1:03 AM

Feb 19, 2014 1:31 AM

Apr 2008
Prophecy: Yakou will reincarnate as head of Tsuchimikado family
Fact 1: Tsuchimikado family's head is always male
Fact 2: Natsume is head of Tsuchimikado family
Conclusion 1: Natsume is Yakou's reincarnation
Conclusion 2: Natsume is a male (she's Yakou's reincarnation, so she had to be head of the family, and by extension, a male)

Without paying much attention, most peoples would likely assume Natsume is a male and not question much about it.
Girl being raised as a man is after all, something more likely to happen in comic books, not reality
Feb 19, 2014 1:55 AM

Jul 2009
so how many more episode till harutora turns bad ass. still pretty lame.
Feb 19, 2014 2:44 AM

Nov 2011
superman89 said:
antonn said:

I totally agree with this arguement
Feb 19, 2014 6:15 AM

Dec 2013
Jagd84 said:
BTW, Mutobe and Shidou's reappearance certainly explains what Hirarta/Takiko was doing back in ep 9:

http://i61.tinypic.com/s6qb61.jpg
http://i57.tinypic.com/2roidck.png

Wait, so does that mean what we saw at the end of episode 14 after D getting his previous body destroyed it was Suzu/Ryou who revived him again in a child's body using Taizan Fukun? Wow if that's the case then the anime really is trying to explain all the mind fucks. Good thing the dots are finally connecting now. Maybe the adaptation really isn't that bad as the LN readers say.

Man this makes me want to read the rest of the untranslated novels more. Can't wait for Volume 5-10 fan translations on Bt.

Feb 19, 2014 6:30 AM

Apr 2011
Oh my, what an episode this is! I'm amused at the "WTF!" faces when they realized Natsume's true gender.

Finally, Kyouko realize it was Bakatora who's her first love. He got a nice slap for that. But how did she knew? I miss have missed something. Only one secret need to be revealed is left.

I just love this anime.
Feb 19, 2014 8:08 AM

Mar 2009
Starting to dislike Souma more and more.
Can't wait to see her beaten by someone but what will probably happen is her realising she was being used and then coming to Harutora's side.
Why can't anime just kill off the characters I don't like. :p
Feb 19, 2014 8:24 AM

Mar 2012
EPISODE LVL: OVER 9000!
Feb 19, 2014 9:05 AM

Dec 2012
Talk about gossip central, no one's holding back on spreading word that Natsume is a girl. The fight was pretty cool, I have a feeling something big will happen at the festival.
Feb 19, 2014 10:50 AM
Jan 2011
Ok, so Natsume is girl, so what's the problem?
Feb 19, 2014 11:07 AM

Mar 2010
Because the heir supposed to be a male, period. Miyo's statement suggests she several others were there at the birth.
Feb 19, 2014 11:29 AM

Aug 2008
@Hishamaru

Now that explains a lot. The part about aura is what I was missing for her disguise to be believable.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 19, 2014 11:31 AM
Sep 2013
Generic harem/love triangle crap with generic magic crap.
The end is nigh

Feb 19, 2014 11:51 AM

Jan 2013
Looks like the kon is out of the bag...
Feb 19, 2014 12:25 PM

Mar 2010
Jamie-sama said:
Generic harem/love triangle crap with generic magic crap.

lol what harem? Kyouko has just lost before she even started. She knows Harutora likes Hokuto and despite that she is telling Natsume to confess at the festival. She has just conseeded to Natsume. Perhaps you didn't notice, but most romance elements have directed towards those two from the very beginning.

How about stop trying to use blanket statements and buzzwords next time and actually pay attention?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Tokyo Ravens community still alive? Any news on the new LN volume 17?

Gilgamesh45 - Mar 26, 2022

24 by XrIoUs »»
Mar 24, 4:18 AM

» Rest in peace Maon Kurosaki

Hot_Green_Tea - Mar 3, 2023

2 by smallwitchy »»
Nov 1, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2014

372 by DemonLordKenzaki »»
Sep 16, 2023 11:43 PM

» Tokyo ravens really end?

Patolas - Aug 6, 2017

16 by Alexioos95 »»
Jun 10, 2023 8:12 AM

» How to see the rest of the story?

MrBones2002 - Jun 11, 2021

5 by Biribiri10 »»
Nov 7, 2022 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.