Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2009 7:11 AM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I really dislike Sakura I think shes so annoying I hope as the series goes on she gets less annoying. I thought Narutos reaction to Haku was really sweet and I can't wait to see him fight Zabuza.

Nov 13, 2009 7:14 AM

Jun 2009
I just remember at this episode i started to dislike Sakura up to Shippuden
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

May 9, 2010 10:58 PM

Feb 2010
i recon naruto is more annoying with his "believe it" line god that line is so overrated lol

Desktop Specs: CPU: AMD FX-4130 Quad Core @ 3.8GHz, Motherboard: ASRock N68-VS3 FX, GPU: 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti SC (EVGA), Ram: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 535MHz, Case: Raidmax ATX (Black), Storage: 931GB Western Digital Blue (SATA), PSU: 550 watt, Display: BenQ RL2455
Sep 27, 2010 7:59 AM

Oct 2008
Sakura, please shutup.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 6, 2011 9:40 PM
Mar 2011
Sakura is definitely annoying... And Naruto's 'believe it' line, totally gets stuck in my head, sometimes it even slips out.
Apr 8, 2011 11:32 PM
Apr 2011
Well! This was the first episode to really blow me away. Lil Inari's so cute with his colander helmet. I guess the rest of the village didn't want to be out-manlied by a child.

Holy fuck! I was surprised to see just how far Haku would go to protect Zabuza. Poor guy.

Love the emotion from Sakura over Sasuke's body. Something tells me he can't be dead this early on, but still it's a nice moment.

Kakashi vs Zabuza action was great, and with Gatoh and his goons showing up, it looks like shit's about to go down next ep.
Apr 20, 2011 5:52 PM

Jun 2009
I actually liked the scene of Sakura crying over Sasuke, though the fact that he obviously can't be dead this early sort of hurts the impact. But, it isn't as though this was obvious when the series originally aired so I can't fault it to much.

It strikes me as odd that people find it annoying for her to be crying over someone she is in love with. Also, Kakashi is so freaking awesome. And, I was surprised that Haku died in that fashion, didn't see that coming.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 20, 2011 6:50 PM

Jul 2007

It strikes me as odd that people find it annoying for her to be crying over someone she is in love with.

Most of these posters are trolling the series, and guys stop with the spoilers. If you dont have nothing to say that relates to the current naruto storyline, Then you have no business commenting here, just to say, i hate this character, i hate that character and place your own negative comments on the original series, when your far into shipuuden. Don't you flamers have something better to do. Go pick on another series. lol
ArtimesGamerApr 20, 2011 6:54 PM

Oct 12, 2011 1:07 AM
Jul 2018
The Naruto trolling society is bigger than the Narutotard society.
And neither is good.
This is my second time to watch the series, because i dropped anime altogether 2 years ago when I started high school.
Since I roam a lot through the forums I thought to myself 'Am I that retarded to not be able to see just how bad Naruto is?'
And then I realized IT'S NOT.
And this episode proves it. I cried for gods sake. And the last time I cried was during My Neighbour Totoro.
It may not be a masterpiece, but it's still better than 30 % of the shows out there.
Oct 29, 2011 10:10 AM

Dec 2009
MON CREYS.
I CANNOT CONTAIN THEM.

*spoilers for ep 18 and 19*

OHMAIHGOD HAKU AND ZABUZA.

//cries and cries and cries forever//

I also agree with those who say that the fact we know Sasuke isn't going to die, but that doesn't make Sakura's reaction any less heart wrenching.

I still don't get why people think Sakura's personality is god-awful, cuz I'm not seeing it. Yeah I wish she would've participated, but protected Tazuna was just as important and she followed her instructions despite knowing her teammates were out there getting hurt.

Good girl. I think I may even like her a bit o_O

Great episode :D

code geass s2 : darker than black : free! es :
haikyuu!! : inaire : kurobas 2 : mikagura : znt
animemanga

May 8, 2013 3:34 PM
Apr 2013
I really liked this epi, quite varied. I agree the scene with Sasuka (I'm not good with the names) was the worst part, but they're were a few twists and turns that were really enjoyable. Also, just to give one thing away, it went from the death scene to the battle scene, and I found it quite funny how Kakashi just dodged Zabusa's attacks, then punched him in the face! xD Also, the ending was pretty awesome. Sorry for lack of detail, trying to be as spoiler-free as possible.
Aug 17, 2013 4:19 PM

Aug 2013
It's seriously annoying that I have to post with a hand to cover your post softcandy. Does the "do not discuss the anime beyond this point" not apply to you?

Anyway.

I think this episode was very emotional. I think I actually had a lump in my throat at some point, I normally don't connect with anime this much. It's past midnight so I have to go now, I wish I could watch the next one now but it's too late.

I'll watch the next one straight away tomorrow, this series is amazing. Where's the 6 out of 5 option?
Aug 20, 2013 5:48 PM
May 2013
NubSmoo said:
i recon naruto is more annoying with his "believe it" line god that line is so overrated lol
Adreztia said:
Sakura is definitely annoying... And Naruto's 'believe it' line, totally gets stuck in my head, sometimes it even slips out.

THIS IS THE BEST LINE IN THE SERIES SO FAR! BELIEVE IT!
Aug 12, 2014 4:23 AM
May 2012
Aw man, Haku should have just used the mirror or some shit to block Kakashi's attack :/
Poor Haku ;_; I am sure that Zabuza is crying inside.
I know that Sakura can get pretty annoying sometimes, but let her cry, people =_=
Jan 6, 2015 8:34 PM

Jan 2015
SSSOOOO EMOTIONALLL
Jan 12, 2015 7:44 PM

Nov 2014
Rewatching!

This episode made me cry so much. This was actually the first episode of Naruto I ever saw 4 years ago and what made me start it from the start. It was also my very first anime!
Jan 14, 2015 12:27 AM

Nov 2013
When Zabuza is losing, and Kakashi comments upon the true meaning of strength, I think he's referring to himself managing to stay cool, even though Sasuke is dead, while Zabuza is actually shocked about Haku's death, despite having pretended not to care. Super super sad.

Also a cool moment for Kakashi.
bellellisJan 14, 2015 12:31 AM
May 7, 2015 10:48 AM

Jan 2014
Haku... :( It's gonna get even sadder next episode.

Kakashi badass.
Aug 9, 2015 6:49 AM

Oct 2013
Well, that's quite the cavalry that's arrived.

Haku was an excellent character; he shall be missed. ;-; And Kakashi continues to kick ass and be awesome.
Aug 10, 2015 5:21 PM

Aug 2015
I guess it doesn't surprise me much that Haku died for Zabuza since everything else he does is for Zabuza. I'm somewhat glad that Naruto didn't kill him though... Not quite he's ready for that yet. Honestly though, I'm sick of Zabuza now and just ready for him to be dead and/or gone. Good episode. ★4/5
Jan 11, 2016 4:55 PM

Dec 2015
Poor Haku, his death was sad. I liked him. Zabuza probably isn't as heartless as it seems, but I guess it has to be like this.
And I can't see why people find Sakura annoying? I think she's a fine character. I don't have much to hold against her. And crying because you get the impression that someone you love died... how can that be seen as annoying? If you have a heart, you would be sad if someone you love dies. And for me that scene was very touching and sad... I shed a few tears, couldn't help it...It was heartbraking to see Sakura cry like that. And how Naruto heard her and gripped his chest... this is too much.
I like Sakura and Naruto and Sasuke. I don't see why people should come here just to say that they hate some character (discussing is a different matter). Or come here to drop some hints about future episodes. We're only supposed to discuss the anime up to this point, so I don't know if some people can't read or what? Ruining someones experience isn't very nice.

I like the OP and ED so much that I fear the time when they're going to change. The current ones are so great.
''One is enough, find someone completely unique'' -Yato
''You can't feel lonely if there's no one else around'' -Yamaken
''Because it's broken, it will never recover'' -Nanami
Jul 15, 2016 9:27 AM

Jul 2016
I did not think that Sakura was annoying in this episode. She really love Sasuke, and she is a girl, so i think is that ok to her react like that.
Aug 30, 2016 2:36 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
It was sad when Naruto said that if they had met under different circumstances, they could have been friends...was even sadder when Haku stopped Naruto from giving the "finishing blow," said that he can't die yet, only to sacrifice himself and die a second later :(

I'm glad Naruto wanted to hear out Haku though, it's a really important trait of Naruto. Other shinobi would most likely just deal the finishing blow without asking, but not Naruto. He wanted to understand why. Unfortunately Kakashi was the one who killed Haku. I don't think it could have gotten any other way though. Zabuza didn't seem to feel a thing for when Haku died x_x

That rule Sakura recited, I doubt that's something every shinobi could do, kill their emotions during missions.
Oct 1, 2016 1:30 PM

Mar 2012
naruto is always getting all his opponents right in the heart. ;;
Oct 3, 2016 2:41 AM

Jul 2016
Sakura be that one pice of bread that you just cut of and don't eat lmao
Feb 23, 2017 12:21 PM

Dec 2016
#R.I.P.Haku
#PoorNaruto
#SakuraFrigOff
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 28, 2017 3:11 PM

May 2012
Damn that was rather melodramatic :/ looking forwards for the next episode though.
Oct 25, 2017 12:25 PM
Jul 2018
So...Why didn't Kakashi just tell the dogs to eat Zabuza alive? There's literally no reason why he shouldn't have. Other than to have a really forced in melodrama :/ Seriously, there's so many plotholes in this arc. Why didn't Kakashi just melt the ice mirrors with his fire jutsu? Even if he doesn't have fire jutsu, he could have copied Sasuke's fireball jutsu with his sharingan if he got close enough to see them.
Jul 18, 2019 6:57 AM

Mar 2015
Just when you think Zabuza finally gets what he deserves, Garo shows up to show he's a bigger evil that needs taking down
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 15, 2021 7:39 AM

Dec 2007
i believe the episode should had end with haku death cliffhanger, better than current cliffhanger.

and you would thing zabuza would have little likeness to haku...

sakura crying was really out of place for me, and she's still worthless, the only thing she did those past episode is screaming and crying.

and why kakashi playing with zabuza? he should'd kill him already as he planned to.
Jan 28, 2022 5:20 PM
Jul 2018
Damn, these guys really dislike Sakura XD But anyways...

Poor Haku... this episode is also one of the best, it influences a lot when it comes to make an arc score.
removed-userJan 28, 2022 5:38 PM
Feb 22, 2023 11:01 AM
May 2021
Sakura has annoyed me throughout all of the episodes so far, and this one is no different, although I did feel sorry for her about Sasuke. Haku was truly a great character to be honest, very morally grey as he's only doing what he thinks is right because he loves Zabuza so much. It was so sad!
Dec 15, 2023 2:09 AM
Nov 2023
looks like the end of zabuza, def one of my favorite characters so far, haku sacrificing himself for zabuza instead of dying to naruto was a fitting end for his character. im gonna miss him, looks like possibly one more episode left in this arc!

also side note sakura is so easy to ignore that im not even annoyed at her character, i barley even remember she is there, idont have any hatred towards her character nor do i like her character, shes kind of just.....there. i can understand how that may make people hate her but i think its a little over done.
duece-dueceDec 15, 2023 2:15 AM
Mar 26, 1:56 AM
Jan 2022
Another awesome episode. Kakashi was so cool, loved how sakura cried. Want to see her cry more. Feel bad for Sasuke a lil bit

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Episode 60 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 1, 2009

26 by Matheus050 »»
Apr 25, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 186 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 30, 2009

26 by shoelaze »»
Apr 25, 3:21 AM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 148 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 20, 2009

19 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 24, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 144 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 19, 2009

16 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 23, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 97 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 8, 2009

27 by Darzaka »»
Apr 23, 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.