Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2009 1:19 AM

Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Gaius attacks Avalon...
Ogam speak with Arthur... about the dragon. :D
And Arthur want to return but Ogam say "Why do you want to join the battle ?"
AND... THE ELECTRUM GOLEM !
Ogam... is a dragon... :D
Jul 21, 2009 2:47 AM

Jul 2008
Morgan gave me a good laugh when she was going wild and went "pew pew pew" with her bow. That's why I love her so much XD
Jul 21, 2009 3:00 AM

Apr 2009
Didn't see that coming at all, but it does explain why Ogam is old enough to know Arawn. What an awesome guy.

And Morgan really needs to do something about that drinking problem of hers...
Jul 21, 2009 4:28 AM

Apr 2009
All those are good , but what made my day was this ultimate attack
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Jul 21, 2009 6:12 AM

Jan 2009
CurseDestiny said:
that's some good stuff in their artillery, want one of those myself xD
and Arthur could go and kill himself, hopefully he ressurects into someone more awesome?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 21, 2009 9:49 AM
May 2008
Easily one of my favorite episodes as of recently... Ogam = dragon? That's kind of a cool idea and connects Arawn and Ogam more.

Rathy missile = EPIC
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jul 21, 2009 10:16 AM

Oct 2008
I kind of felt like I've missed an episode or two before this one... didn't like it.
Jul 21, 2009 1:01 PM

May 2007
This one just became my favorite episode just because of Rathy missile :D. Ogam explaining his past was good too. Arthur still annoyed me a bit in this episode hopefully he will change now.
Jul 21, 2009 4:16 PM

May 2009
Great episode. Rathty Missile!
Jul 21, 2009 5:12 PM

Aug 2008
The show recently started to follow a tendency of one good episode-one crap episode. Or from a different angle, every time they bother to include some proper fantasy elements (ogre,dragons,etc) it boosts the whole experience.

On a side note, I had a good laugh at his/her expression during the Rathty Missile scene :D
Jul 22, 2009 4:36 AM

Apr 2008
woah ... the story is advancing quite fast o_o in some sense

Jul 22, 2009 8:21 PM

Apr 2009
Ogam being a Dragon = WTF but was awesome. I was waiting for him to be a dragon and not really look like one a-la all of the fairies that have been introduced in the story so far >.>

Aurthur better stop being such a pansy now living by his oaths... Just running away like that was ridiculous.

I couldn't stop laughing at Morgan when the guardsmen offered a drink... she is still such a lush.

and....

RATHY MISSLE!!!!!

Oosran said:
CurseDestiny said:
that's some good stuff in their artillery, want one of those
OmegaoverideJul 22, 2009 8:24 PM
Jul 22, 2009 10:06 PM

Apr 2009
HOLY SHIT EPIC DRAGON/GIANT ROBOT FIIIIIIIGHT!!!
There was always something weird about Ogam, for some reason earlier in the series I thought he'd betray everyone, or get killed or something. He just seemed like that sorta character earlier lol.....And I loved watching Arthur slaughtering those pig/monster things, kooooool!

Jul 23, 2009 6:15 AM

Feb 2008
This episode is the best one besides Naoto Hosoda's brillant #14. The slightly different animation direction is noticable, but this time the episode and animation director is one person (Motoki Tanaka) so an individual style is to be expected, and even more so since he did also the key animation for some scenes himself. Tanaka's directing made this episode stand out through some interesting scenes and the slightly better animation, which make the characters feel more real than in your average episode. The storyboard by Shinji Satou (who did also the storyboards for the opening and episodes 8 and 11) is also decent.
Jul 23, 2009 9:31 PM

Aug 2008
Despite the fact that the episode had a lot to do with the failure of a character named Arthur, I liked this episode. Finally figured out what Ogam was (I was surprised, but not shocked), Arthur may finally get permanent development, Morgan's pew pew was hilarious, and Rathy missile was hilarious. But most importantly, we finally see the strength and leadership in Riannon that has been noticably absent since episode one. This was the reason why I liked her so much for that one episode. Second only to Arthur my ass...when it comes down to it, Riannon manages to stay calm, collected, and optimistic, whereas Arthur is rash, over aggressive, and dumb.

I do wonder though why Ogam, Octavia, and Morgan were with troops in a totally separate location in the first place. It seems totally lopsided to leave Riannon by herself to lead, and then have the strongest warrior, mage, and archer somewhere completely different while the cheif is injured and Arthur is away.
Jul 23, 2009 9:35 PM

Jul 2008
noteDhero said:
Second only to Arthur my ass...when it comes down to it, Riannon manages to stay calm, collected, and optimistic, whereas Arthur is rash, over aggressive, and dumb.

If I remember well they said that her leadership was second only to Arawn, not Arthur. Again I could be wrong since I watched the episode two day ago but I don't think I am.
Jul 23, 2009 10:10 PM
Jul 23, 2009 10:42 PM

Sep 2007
ARF !
I doesn't know why all hate Arthur because i like him, his reactions, his actions and another things...
Jul 24, 2009 3:24 AM

Jan 2009
ShiroiRyu said:
ARF !
I doesn't know why all hate Arthur because i like him, his reactions, his actions and another things...
he's a jerk, period
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 24, 2009 9:51 AM

Aug 2008
Jul 24, 2009 8:55 PM

Jul 2008
ogam was a dragon warrior hiding out among humans as an old man... they need like a dozen of him and they could wipe out gaius and his forces. also- general riannon? if gaius loses against her thats going to be very embarrassing to say you were defeated by an army with a teen girl at its head
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jul 25, 2009 5:37 AM

May 2009
noteDhero said:
Despite the fact that the episode had a lot to do with the failure of a character named Arthur, I liked this episode. Finally figured out what Ogam was (I was surprised, but not shocked), Arthur may finally get permanent development, Morgan's pew pew was hilarious, and Rathy missile was hilarious. But most importantly, we finally see the strength and leadership in Riannon that has been noticably absent since episode one. This was the reason why I liked her so much for that one episode. Second only to Arthur my ass...when it comes down to it, Riannon manages to stay calm, collected, and optimistic, whereas Arthur is rash, over aggressive, and dumb.

I do wonder though why Ogam, Octavia, and Morgan were with troops in a totally separate location in the first place. It seems totally lopsided to leave Riannon by herself to lead, and then have the strongest warrior, mage, and archer somewhere completely different while the cheif is injured and Arthur is away.

Right on!
and rewards to RATHY MISSILE!! =D that was totally awesome!!

I believe the reason for the strong troops to stay in the bush was to wait for the reinforcement army. You saw the march through the forest.. Ogam's probably readying to ambush them. ^_^
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Jul 26, 2009 12:40 PM

Sep 2008
well I've played the game so can't say anything was unexpected. This was by far the best episode so far for me, it has been a big let down compared with the game. Also Rathy missle was funny

Anyway it will most likely get better now.
Jul 27, 2009 3:11 PM

May 2008
That Rathty trow was so Lord of the Rings xD
Jul 28, 2009 12:36 PM

Apr 2009
Morgan's pew pew & Rathty throw was so hilarious XD
Jul 28, 2009 11:51 PM
Jul 2018
What exactly were Octavia and Morgan planning to do? lol they came back without achieving anything yet they were still all happy. haha weird.
Jul 31, 2009 4:12 PM
Dec 2007
One of the best episodes of the series, with a slightly different art and a great direction. Good developments too (we finally get to know the truth about Ogam), I hope they keep up the same level for episode 17th and onward.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 1, 2009 2:11 PM

Jul 2009
gr33nhippo said:
What exactly were Octavia and Morgan planning to do? lol they came back without achieving anything yet they were still all happy. haha weird.

They wanted to fight beside their friends in these desperate times.

Jacut said:
One of the best episodes of the series, with a slightly different art and a great direction. Good developments too (we finally get to know the truth about Ogam), I hope they keep up the same level for episode 17th and onward.

There's still revelations like Arwan's reason to fight, the true identity of their enemy, how Pywll, Primula & Arwan met each other, the reawakening of Dawnwin, what the Legendary Great War was all about, who was Myrradin & of course the end of the story.
Aug 6, 2009 3:51 PM

Jun 2007
Arthur at least is being less useless this ep by getting some exercise in killing orcs. Almost reminds me of when Legolas and Gimli went on an orc-killing spree..

Rathty got tossed...lol. This ep is so Lord of the Rings based...
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Aug 8, 2009 12:22 AM

Jun 2009
Yeah Morgan was very funny when she clinch onto her bow..

Good Lord! Ogam's true form was different from the opening but it was one hell of a dragon

Rathty never missed any funny scene go "RATHTY MISSILE"

Riannon has this leadership charm on herself
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Aug 9, 2009 1:59 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
zinvince said:

Good Lord! Ogam's true form was different from the opening but it was one hell of a dragon

My first impression.... Bahamut?

I think even among dragons, Ogam must have been a very very powerful one to have survive the end of an Age.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 2, 2009 9:33 AM

Jun 2008
Is the empire moving some secret weapon at the last scene?

Opening the gate with enemies outside is not a smart move.
I thought Ogam was kicking ass as a magician but holy shit i didn't expect him to be a giant powerful dragon.
Riannon did a good job in inspiring the troops but i must admit if i was them i would have had trouble taking her seriously with that little girly sweet voice.
Oct 7, 2009 4:38 AM

May 2008
it aint over till arthur comes and crap sommore

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 20, 2009 7:00 PM

Oct 2008

Rathy Missile!

That is rather mean...even though it did save the lives of Octavia and Morgan.

Jun 1, 2010 4:39 AM

Feb 2008
OGAM TURNED INTO DRAGON.

I was like "How more awesome can this old fart become"...

But I rooted for Ogam to fly away to Avalon, and eat the Imperials. >.>
Aug 9, 2010 3:15 AM

Sep 2008
RATHTY MISSILE!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2012 5:26 PM

Jul 2010
CurseDestiny said:

ultimate attack, only lyrl and arawn can use that attack
M3-n50 said:
Morgan's pew pew & Rathty throw was so hilarious XD

i know morgan is actually really awesome when you think about it

Jan 25, 2014 9:23 PM

Jul 2008
ShiroiRyu said:
ARF !

I hate him because he's supposed to be a leader but he is a complete fool that can't think for himself and of nothing but this stupid covenant.

If he showed the capacity to think then I'd find him more compelling like Arawn. Arawn is respective of traditions of values of others, but yet he shows that he is able to think of himself and say when something is stupid or doesn't work. Ogam and Octavia are too, but are less inclined to say so.

Speaking of Merlin, Ogam being a dragon? It makes sense when you think of some of the old Arthur stories and legends.

Don't get me started on Riannon...
Sep 30, 2014 1:18 AM

Jan 2011
Rhiannon, Llyr and Rathty returned to Avalon with the unconscious and barely alive Arawn not only because it was the best place to recover, but because that is where the women, children, elves, and garrison are and must be defended. Avalon is also a very strong fortress and with magically reinforced walls, it wasn't quite as easy to besiege as was shown here. Nevertheless, it required Rhiannon to rally the Gaels to fight and time is running out. The rest of the army in the field was demoralized by the sudden attack on and wounding of Arawn and the flight of Arthur. Octavia, Morgan, and Ogam needed to be there to steady the troops, and prevent them from just melting away into the forests. Having done so, Morgan and Octavia can return to Avalon, not only to fight alongside their friends, but also to find out the condition of their husband (remember that in the game Octavia is also one of Arawn's wives). By the way, the battle to get the two of them through the Roman lines and connect up with the small rescue force that sorties from the castle was one of the best in the game.

The tragedy of the dragons and other races, and just who the enemy is, and why Arawn fights will be revealed soon--as well as Arawn's true name.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Feb 25, 2017 1:23 PM

Oct 2012
Good episode.

Arthur is still the worst character of this series but at least things are starting moving towards epic end.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

japanme32 - Apr 13, 2009

81 by wildhood »»
Mar 2, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 25 Discussion

daniking79 - Sep 21, 2009

31 by yveltalkyogre »»
May 7, 2023 1:02 PM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 5 Discussion

MrTerrorist - May 3, 2009

41 by yveltalkyogre »»
May 7, 2023 11:06 AM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Evilincarnate - Sep 27, 2009

67 by Inexplicable »»
Sep 25, 2022 12:37 PM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrTerrorist - Jul 14, 2009

55 by Sugram22 »»
May 7, 2021 6:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.