Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 »
Jan 14, 2015 3:40 AM

Aug 2009
tsudecimo said:
Too much action, didn't enjoy a lot of it, partly because I knew it wouldn't amount to anything significant, but loved the OST, and Berserker was dope, and so was Archer's Nobel. 3.5/5
So this had too much action and the next is all talk....

Wow the desperate try to find flaws.Nothing significant?Hmmm....like establishing an obvious threat to the main cast and showing that Archer isnt as weak as everyone thought.Or showing Saber "full" capabilities.Or Shirou's conflict between duty and being weak.OR Ilya showing that she is the strongest Master.

Absolutely nothing significant happened here.
Jan 14, 2015 3:49 AM

Oct 2013
HentaiPriest said:
tsudecimo said:
Too much action, didn't enjoy a lot of it, partly because I knew it wouldn't amount to anything significant, but loved the OST, and Berserker was dope, and so was Archer's Nobel. 3.5/5

Wow the desperate try to find flaws.Nothing significant?Hmmm....like establishing an obvious threat to the main cast and showing that Archer isnt as weak as everyone thought.Or showing Saber "full" capabilities.Or Shirou's conflict between duty and being weak.OR Ilya showing that she is the strongest Master.

It's called a completely irrelevant episode to the whole plot that is being built. Just fan service.
I am Hatedmainofanime. More no one.
Jan 14, 2015 3:55 AM

Aug 2009
hatedmainofanime said:
HentaiPriest said:

It's called a completely irrelevant episode to the whole plot that is being built. Just fan service.
I know right?
Jan 14, 2015 12:04 PM

Nov 2013
HentaiPriest said:
tsudecimo said:

I think you may have misunderstood him, he was probably saying that he didn't enjoy a lot of the action scenes because he knew that everyone would survive (maybe he watched the movie), and this made him feel no tension. He wasn't claiming that the episode was useless.
Jan 14, 2015 12:06 PM

Nov 2013
kokusho36 said:
HentaiPriest said:

I think you may have misunderstood him, he was probably saying that he didn't enjoy a lot of the action scenes because he knew that everyone would survive (maybe he watched the movie), and this made him feel no tension. He wasn't claiming that the episode was useless.
Nah he didn't watch the movie. But obviously a fight this early wouldn't be concluded in the same episode, reasons why aside.
Jan 14, 2015 12:07 PM

Aug 2009
I have read the vn, seen the movie etc etc...plese tell me how that matters.
Jan 14, 2015 12:26 PM

Dec 2012
kokusho36 said:

he was probably saying that he didn't enjoy a lot of the action scenes because he knew that everyone would survive (maybe he watched the movie), and this made him feel no tension. He wasn't claiming that the episode was useless.

Yeah, that what I meant.

I think they overdid it with the action.

StrayBotato said:
But obviously a fight this early wouldn't be concluded in the same episode, reasons why aside.

Yeah, pretty much. I also didn't the action scenes themselves, aside from Archer's which I stated in my initial post.
Jan 14, 2015 12:30 PM

Aug 2009
People must decide what they want from a series they clearly arent a big fan of.

If it is all action it is too much.

If it all talk it is boring.

And both are insignificant.
Jan 14, 2015 1:36 PM

Aug 2009
kokusho36 said:
HentaiPriest said:
I have read the vn, seen the movie etc etc...plese tell me how that matters.

He already knows that everyone will be fine (more or less) after the battle and he didn't enjoy all of those long fight scenes because he already knew the outcome.
right.....as I said, I and many others do as well.

Also disliking something because of spoilers or bias and trying to pass it as a flaw will draw attention.I really dont get why people cry when their posts draw attention for that.

Uninteresting and insignificant are different words.They make a difference in how an opinion is received by others.
Jan 14, 2015 1:57 PM

Nov 2013
HentaiPriest said:
kokusho36 said:

He already knows that everyone will be fine (more or less) after the battle and he didn't enjoy all of those long fight scenes because he already knew the outcome.
right.....as I said, I and many others do as well.

Also disliking something because of spoilers or bias and trying to pass it as a flaw will draw attention.I really dont get why people cry when their posts draw attention for that.

Uninteresting and insignificant are different words.They make a difference in how an opinion is received by others.

Yea I didn't want to start this argument again, I just wanted to point out that he was only referring to the action scenes and that when he said "nothing significant" he meant "no death or important injury". I wasn't saying "it's his opinion, stop bothering him" but "you may have misunderstood what he said".
Jan 14, 2015 9:32 PM

Aug 2009
I will say it to make it clear.Death or injuries arent the only significant things that can happen and no I didnt misunderstood what he said.
Jan 18, 2015 12:06 PM

May 2012
The action was nice but it was still way too slow paced.
Jan 31, 2015 12:57 AM

Apr 2013
oh! now I feel stupid. I was thinking Mr. Blonde was the mysterious
due to the OP... and then he started speaking.

And I take back what I said about him before. he actually has some clothing sense. you wouldn't have thought that though.
Feb 1, 2015 2:36 AM

Jul 2012
WOW, I'm always surprised at how amazing this animation is. I love ufotable<3 Can't wait to see more :)

Feb 6, 2015 8:49 AM

Dec 2012
Anybody has a link to Berserker's OST?
Feb 6, 2015 8:50 AM

Aug 2014
tsudecimo said:
Anybody has a link to Berserker's OST?

OST will be released with the BD's, on March 25th.
Feb 13, 2015 8:27 AM

Jul 2013
That animation is simply stunning. Damn, the action kicks so much ass.
Mar 11, 2015 4:10 PM

Aug 2009
Quality action in this one, truly.

But where the hell did Ilya even learn all that special magic, much less about the Holy Grail and the Grail War.
(/Zero spoiler)

Oh Archer. I feel miserable when you're not directly on the battlefield.
Mar 11, 2015 4:11 PM

Feb 2009
k0k0 said:

But where the hell did Ilya even learn all that special magic, much less about the Holy Grail and the Grail War.
(/Zero spoiler)

Stev said:
ayy lmao
Mar 11, 2015 4:12 PM

Sep 2013
k0k0 said:

(/Zero spoiler)

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2015 4:12 PM

Nov 2010
k0k0 said:

(/Zero spoiler)

This one will get explanation in 2nd cour, I believe (thanks to the certain familiar scene in PV)
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Mar 11, 2015 4:13 PM

Jul 2007
k0k0 said:
(/Zero spoiler)

Well from this episode it is quite clear she is part of well recognized magus family, if she expects Rin to know them.

Aurioch said:
k0k0 said:

(/Zero spoiler)

This one will get explanation in 2nd cour, I believe (thanks to the certain familiar scene in PV)

Yeah. Hopefully.

Full explanation will have to wait for Heaven's feel movies tho
Mar 11, 2015 4:18 PM

Aug 2009
Right, right. It slipped my mind since none of the other Einzberns were acquainted with the viewer in the prequel.

Thank you, stache Misters!
Mar 11, 2015 4:18 PM

May 2014
I had already typed out a sentence when I thought "I've probably already been sniped by like 6 priests" and just backspaced the whole thing.
Mar 11, 2015 4:19 PM

Feb 2009
WrongPriest said:
I had typed out a sentences then I thought "I've probably already been sniped by like 6 priests" and just backspaced the whole thing.

Only 4. We're a bit slow today.
Stev said:
ayy lmao
Mar 11, 2015 4:20 PM

Nov 2010
WrongPriest said:
I had typed out a sentences then I thought "I've probably already been sniped by like 6 priests" and just backspaced the whole thing.

Yeah, these things tend to happen here...
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Mar 11, 2015 4:22 PM

Sep 2014
k0k0 said:
Right, right. It slipped my mind since none of the other Einzberns were acquainted with the viewer in the prequel.

Thank you, stache Misters!
old man eizeburn only made one appearance in F/Z and that was in the first episode. it's pretty easy to forget because of the whole ensemble cast thing. He gives information but the episode jumps to so many things it can be overlooked
Mar 11, 2015 4:23 PM

Nov 2013
HungryPriest said:
WrongPriest said:

Only 4. We're a bit slow today.
Not really, most people just don't feel like responding (me) or don't lurk/post in the sub-forum all together anymore.
Mar 11, 2015 4:27 PM

Aug 2009
Maloghurst said:
old man eizeburn only made one appearance in F/Z and that was in the first episode. it's pretty easy to forget because of the whole ensemble cast thing. He gives information but the episode jumps to so many things it can be overlooked

He did? I don't remember that either, but you're right. It's some task to keep the characters and the time-skipping story line connected together with new events.
I'm quite impressed by the cognitive agility of the Stache Misters here.
There are many questions which plague me still, but then knowing everything would just blow off the enjoyment factor into smithereens, I think.
Mar 12, 2015 5:00 AM

Aug 2014
k0k0 said:
Maloghurst said:

He did? I don't remember that either, but you're right. It's some task to keep the characters and the time-skipping story line connected together with new events.
I'm quite impressed by the cognitive agility of the Stache Misters here.
There are many questions which plague me still, but then knowing everything would just blow off the enjoyment factor into smithereens, I think.

F/Z pic
Mar 26, 2015 4:40 AM

Jul 2007
BD Rewatch Episode 3

- Illya's introduction is one of the best scenes in this anime mainly because this whole episode manages to set the ATMOSPHERE right for most of part. And now WHEN WE ACTUALLY CAN HEAR THE DAMN OST, it is brilliantly chilling.
- But while the atmosphere is right, the lack of focus for Shirou's reactions to situation is still lacking. His breakdown scene midway is nice and all but the anime fails to make the viewer VIEW the events happening from Shirou's eyes instead resorting to far more shallow "overlooking view" as if viewers are watching from afar.
- Rin grading Berserker's power would be outright WTF to anime onlies because the show did not bother to even include the explanations of servant stats or that masters can see it or that object analysis is THE BASICAL MAGECRAFT EVERY MAGE IS CAPABLE OF...As a result some viewers will take the whole "It could take on other six servants alone" as a guess instead of irrefutable fact, which, well it is irrefutable fact and not opinion.
- The start of berserker fight till Saber starts fighting is some of the better choreography sequences in this show as they properly portray Berserker as unstoppable threat. But then the FIGHT starts and...sfx fireworks instead of choreography or slomos to telegraph what is going on. Still for what choreography IS there, it is still arguably one of few better executed fights in this adaptation.
- Still believe that Saber was made to do way too good int his fight from head on - she is supposed to be BARELY being able to survive till she lures him to graveyard but here she looks like she is having barely any trouble at all, barring the brilliant seiba-ball moment. The damage that Berserker does to Saber is not emphasized enough because YOLOSEIBAWANK. It looks as if Berserker kicking her around and throwing her around did absolutely no damage to her which is bullshit.
- Still feel that the anime original church scene in this episode is mostly pointless bullshit but I guess we have to somehow Establish Kirei's motives as the Church Representative here. At least the Rin fight scene establishes that Illya is a force to reckon with on her own which is only really done in Fate route otherwise.
- Talking about the Rin/Illya fight they seem to added few frames to make it a bit smoother than before, actually showcasing Illya's familiars dodging Rin's attacks.
- Yay Rin, a SECONDARY protagonist already has more monologues and thoughts showcased at this point than THE FUCKING MAIN PROTAGONIST OF THE SHOW....
- More scenes of RIn treating shirou like shit and shirou being passive as fuck -___-
- They did not fix the bullshit of Berserker not deflecting the A Rank broken phantasm -___-
- "Yes RIn, your archer is awesome for not doing anything while SEIBWANKED Seiba got to kill berserker"....yay plotholes

Overall this is still one of better episodes in this adaptation(and most of them are in first half of this cour).Still not enough Shirou thoughts, EXPERIENCES and feelings and way too much Rin's "perfection".

Old Score: 5/5
New Score: 4/5
Mar 26, 2015 4:47 AM

May 2014
So.. the only thing that's changed this play-through is that you have higher quality audio and extra scenes and the score is going down?
Mar 26, 2015 4:52 AM

Jul 2007
WrongPriest said:
So.. the only thing that's changed this play-through is that you have higher quality audio and extra scenes and the score is going down?

Yes.

The score previously was "in advance" with hopes that BD releases will fix the flaws. So shit like not enough focus to Shirou could be mostly ignored, mainly ont he basis that "they maybe they will fix it in latter episodes or add in BDs"

Since the "FULL" version is out in form of BDs, a far more critical and indepth view is allowed. Looking at scenes that I liked before due to HYYYYYYYPE, now I can clearly see certain flaws I missed before. And the flaws that were not affecting the score before-hand now fully affect the score because they were not fixed.
Apr 1, 2015 1:03 AM

Aug 2009
WrongPriest said:
Trying to make sense out of it?

The guy makes sure to write "Fuck you miura" for every scene that was "ruined" but never gives credit fro ever good scene because....Fuck you miura.

Not to mention that he made a 180 and now complains about scenes that "made sense" when the ep aired.
Apr 1, 2015 7:55 AM

Mar 2015
Othi-tan said:
WrongPriest said:

The guy makes sure to write "Fuck you miura" for every scene that was "ruined" but never gives credit fro ever good scene because....Fuck you miura.

Not to mention that he made a 180 and now complains about scenes that "made sense" when the ep aired.

UBW MAL forum without Fai isn't UBW forum. He's a defining feature of this place, a salty corner that we love and hate. Just cool down lol, getting mad won't help much~

And besides, I agree with him that Miura has screwed up some scenes (the GY scene in particular), except that I feel raging at Miura won't help save the adaptation. Let Fai vent, and hopefully he'll be less salty as time passes. ;)
Apr 1, 2015 8:00 AM

Aug 2009
OneTrueEmiya said:
Othi-tan said:

UBW MAL forum without Fai isn't UBW forum. He's a defining feature of this place, a salty corner that we love and hate. Just cool down lol, getting mad won't help much~

And besides, I agree with him that Miura has screwed up some scenes (the GY scene in particular), except that I feel raging at Miura won't help save the adaptation. Let Fai vent, and hopefully he'll be less salty as time passes. ;)
Of course Miura did screw up is some places but not as much as Fai says.

And as I said above, finding fault at something that he was fine with before just so he can complain is one of the things that make the sub forum shitty.
Apr 1, 2015 9:42 PM

Sep 2014
Forgetfulness said:
OneTrueEmiya said:

GY?
in one of the blogs it was said that ever present feeling isnt gonna be played because it "ruins the mood" as well as the Rin is gonna kick shirou into listening to her
Apr 1, 2015 11:00 PM

May 2014
Maloghurst said:
in one of the blogs it was said that ever present feeling isnt gonna be played because it "ruins the mood" as well as the Rin is gonna kick shirou into listening to her

Still think these Blogs sound BS.
Apr 2, 2015 2:33 AM

Jul 2007
WrongPriest said:

Still HOPE They sound BS.
Apr 2, 2015 2:40 AM

Feb 2015
WrongPriest said:
Maloghurst said:

Ikr?The amount of contradictions is pretty baffling..
Apr 2, 2015 3:25 AM

Aug 2009
Forgetfulness said:
Maloghurst said:
I'm aware. Still, you haven't seen it yet. You don't even know what the mood of the anime scene is going to be to make that judgement.
That feeling when you know people will bitch about a single scene regardless the execution just because there is no ost.
Apr 2, 2015 6:34 AM

Sep 2014
It's been a long time

Is this sarcasm? Because you were all love for the anime ._.
Apr 2, 2015 6:36 AM

Jan 2015
KeyToCourage said:
It's been a long time

and so it begins..
Apr 2, 2015 6:51 AM

Sep 2014
....???????
Apr 2, 2015 6:57 AM

Jul 2007
KeyToCourage said:
It's been a long time

No its not sarcasm.

Hype wore off.
Flaws became apparent.
BDs disappointed.
Second Cour Spoilers infuriated.
Shirou was misrepresented.
Nothing was fixed.
The adaptation was shitty.
Apr 2, 2015 8:59 AM

Jun 2014
KeyToCourage said:
....???????

A TL;DR explanation for you would be...

...Miura happened.
Apr 2, 2015 9:45 AM

Aug 2009
KeyToCourage said:
It's been a long time

He was sheep before and now he can spot any scene where casuals will objectively misinterpret EVERYTHING.

Nope, fanboyism has nothing to do with it.Objectivity is at play here.
Apr 2, 2015 9:52 AM

Oct 2014
You don't need to worry about what others think to see anime Shirou is bland/hollow compared to VN Shirou.

If you don't agree that's fine.
Apr 2, 2015 9:58 AM

Oct 2014
nocorras said:
You don't need to worry about what others think to see anime Shirou is bland/hollow compared to VN Shirou.

Oh there exist adaptions of other VNs where that is not the case?

And I am starting to get annoyed. Literally EVERYWHERE I am reading either "bland" or "generic" on different kind of shows. People throw those buzzwords around as if they got nothing better to do. It's the same argument as I had to battle in the Aldnoah.Zero forums when people called Inaho like that...
Grey-ZoneApr 2, 2015 10:02 AM
Apr 2, 2015 9:59 AM

Aug 2009
nocorras said:

Oh really?

YEah that was the message I got every time I looked at the threads....

Likewise if you guys think that Shirou is ruined(heh) just drop it and let the majority here have some fun.

Reddit and 4chan seem more like places for you to post at.
Pages (21) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by oilapqoi »»
May 15, 12:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

707 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 14, 1:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.