Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 7, 2019 12:57 AM

Jul 2016
Takes some guts to reveal what he revealed.
Aug 14, 2019 9:09 AM

Aug 2017
What was actually Onizuka's plan? To distract parents and act like nothing happened? To laugh at them?

Making him retarded so that Yoshikawa can save his ass is unreliable. What if the boy is too scared to rat Anko? Don't forget that Yoshikawa was bullied and intimidated by her. It's like signing your own death warrant.

A real-life teacher would go to jail after that. No matter what awful things the girls did to deserve this.

But still, this episode is good. I am glad that kids didn't leave Onizuka.
Anime is love. Anime is life
Dec 21, 2019 7:51 AM

Jul 2013
Onizuka would befriend all of those kids by the end but it will be long and arduous process
Apr 6, 2020 1:48 PM

Oct 2013
Yoshikawa was very brave! He was MVP of this situation and thanks to him and Kikichi, Onizuka won't be fired.

But... wait, so those girls won't be send to any reformatory or some house for troublesome teenagers?! There won't be any lawsuits either...?! Naive as hell. Ordering one teacher to discipline them in school after they committed such atrocities is very stupid. It seems that mother in PTA was able to lessen responsibility of her daughter and her friends after all.
Apr 11, 2020 6:11 PM

Sep 2018
Waahh Yoshikawa! I'm glad bullying will stop now. I hate those girls!! Spoiled! Her reason is stupid!!!
Apr 18, 2020 1:10 AM

Aug 2018
Excelent episode, the fact that the girls werent punished that badly shows that society still views genders different in such situations. If 3 males would beat up girl and take pictures of her naked we would have seen way different scene.

Also the whole PTA meeting was serious and hilarious at the same time
Apr 19, 2020 2:06 PM

Mar 2013
I'm all up for people changing and getting a second chance and seeing what they have to deal with...but after this episode I really hope Anko does not get a redemption Arc. She really doesn't deserve it. Bullying is one thing but stripping someone and beating them and then taking pictures of them in that state is another level of low.
Her crying and being like "my mommy doesn't see me!!! so i wanted to assault someone!!!! i'm so sad!" was the most irritating thing ever.
"You think your power has limits, I say it's limitless."

Jul 26, 2020 9:42 PM

Dec 2014
This is absolutely legendary. I can't believe I put off watching this for so long, I'm loving it. It's so over the top crazy and ridiculous but it has heart, I love it.
Oct 28, 2020 11:00 PM

Jul 2020
I was surprised that Yoshikawa stood up for Onizuka, that was so brave of him. I really hope those bitches will be apprehended fairly.

And the one who sub this wants to flex his English huh, that ending with "flabbergasted" lol

Lelouch0202 said:
This is absolutely legendary. I can't believe I put off watching this for so long, I'm loving it. It's so over the top crazy and ridiculous but it has heart, I love it.

^ I totally agree on this
Dec 22, 2020 3:08 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Glad it ended up good for everyone.
Jan 13, 2021 2:06 AM

Jul 2020
wow yoshikawa you're so brave

still hates that bitch tho
Mar 1, 2021 1:58 PM

Aug 2018
im in love with this anime! so good!

Mar 28, 2021 11:13 AM
Oct 2019
that little bitch, blaming her mom. that whole scene enraged me. if i were the parent i would've dragged her ass out of that gym and put the fear of god in her

and yet, gto still providing lessons for his students throughout it all
Jun 5, 2021 6:45 AM

Jul 2017
Seeing Anko and her friends get humiliated and exposed in that PTA meeting for everything they did was cathartic to watch, and seeing Yoshikawa stand up for Onizuka by literally putting his body and pride on the line was touching and made me proud, seeing him face off against the bullies who are trying to force his friend out of his school. Great stuff.
Jul 20, 2021 6:35 AM
Jan 2021
Good episode but I'm not satisfied. The girl should be severely punished for the fact that her bullying caused someone to commit suicide twice. Not fair. :(
Sep 28, 2021 4:47 PM

Apr 2020
so no action taken against those girls by the school or what?
water
Dec 4, 2021 3:36 AM

Apr 2013
I liked the part when the audio tape played to reveal her true personality. But I feel like they will redeem Anko later on in the show and make her seem like a victim who just wanted some attention. Nope, you're just a bullying piece of shit, girl.
Jan 23, 2022 2:19 AM

Jan 2018
Kikuchi actually turned around. Nice character development for a minor character!

GTO is a pretty funny anime with lots of comedic moments but serious tone for serious topics like bullying and such truly elevate it to a different level. I dunno why I didn't watch this anime sooner.

That Anko girl has some serious mommy issues. Too bad I watched a clip on YouTube before actually watching the series about what's gonna happen to her later. I thought I'd be fine cos I thought this anime had episodic nature. Still glad it doesn't.
Mar 8, 2022 7:06 AM
May 2020
onizuka was able to survive that blunder somehow and im glad fr fr
May 26, 2022 4:27 PM

Dec 2021
Man, the 90's video game adaptation of Ashita no Joe deviated quite a bit from the manga...

Pretty damn good episode.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Jun 3, 2022 7:42 PM

Mar 2021
By that training routine, it's only logical that Onizuka could solo Saitama any day of the week.

I'm not the first to say this and definitely won't be the last, but please, Uchiyamada, shut the fuck up.

Wow, that was a ride. This show certainly has a way of sending the right message through the wrong means. Still, Onizuka not being fired is a plus. I'm surprised Anko's mother backtracked so quickly.

One thing, though: when Kikuchi said part of the tape was a composite, does that mean he was somehow able to make stuff up? I'm not entirely confident you could do something like that in the late 90s.
MeanMrMusicianJun 3, 2022 7:45 PM
"Molly Ringwald" out right now - check my Linktree!

Jul 11, 2022 12:20 AM

Apr 2014
Didn't enjoy this one so much. Most of the episodes up until now showed Onizuka doing something to help the students and make them realize that he's actually a good guy. This episode just had stuff happen to him - he barely did anything. Heck, he was kind of just making things worse during the PTA meeting.
Oct 1, 2022 11:11 AM
May 2020
Girl Bullies and Female Sexual Assaulters EXIST!
The MVP of this episode is the bullied kid for willing to take off his clothes in front of a crowd to show the PROOF of his bulling. Every kid who has come around for Onizuka are now backing him up with every new case.
Still, I think Onizuka should be the school therapist instead. And he should go undercover as a substitute teacher so he can find out the truth about whatever mistreatment occurs.
Lastly, the Vice-Principal should really blame the President of the PTO for his broken car. Not Onizuka. Dude needs serious personal and family therapy. Alas, I think this is just going to be a running gag with no resolution. Will it?
Oct 16, 2022 4:02 PM

Jan 2010
Props to Great Teacher Onizuka, they managed to bring forth one of the worst kinds of parents. Anko's mother is obsessive with power, completely ignores any and all acts of violence and malice her daughter commits, is willing to invent any excuse to retain the image of a perfect and innocent daughter, and yet also neglects that same daughter, leaving her to run wild.

Was Onizuka correct in threatening to blackmail and commit further acts of vengeance against Anko and her friends, even considering how they beat up and drove Noboru to suicide? I can't quite say, but for what it's worth, at least in this story everything somewhat worked out. I'm still left with mixed feelings, but it's not worth thinking about how this episode would have played out in real life, as Onizuka really did waltz in with a monkey outfit and challenged Anko's mother to a toy boxing match. This anime is something special, that's for sure.
Oct 22, 2023 6:45 AM
Jul 2017
wholesome episode, the kids are getting better and improving

story will likely end with him making 4-3 the best classroom
Nov 28, 2023 7:08 AM
Nov 2022
incredibly funny, unhinged and wholesome:D
Jan 18, 6:15 AM

Jun 2021
"thanks for making up the lie of Onizuka into the hospital" "no, he's actually in there"

Hi, not-really-Kuma from the Tekken series. LOL, Murai wasted about 20 euros for having his ass kicked by his biggest foe every time.

(LOL, after two GREAT! eyecatches there was already "i just want to be a simple teacher for an entire lifetime!")

Can't wait once again for the moment when these three girls will have these smug faces wiped out, wait, it's almost here already.

Damn, he's just returned from shooting "The Bad Touch" music video from the Bloodhound Gang and challenges ms. Uehara to a cool 80's / 90's game that i unfortunately barely had the chance to actually play back in the day. But when it's the moment to return serious, he has suddenly changed into normal attire and (with some clutch support by Kikuchi too) makes everyone silent. Noboru Yoshikawa... respect.

"STOOOOP! STOP THIS RECORDING RIGHT NOW!" (to be honest, she is an actual flawed mother but still couldn't portray her as a total villain)

"YoU'rE a BaD mOtHeR yOu UnDeRsTaNd NoThInG bla bla bla...." but Onizuka stops Anko and creates one of my favorite anime moments in existence. Hell, i'll write the key sentence in italian dub too: "SMETTILA DI FARE L'EGOISTAAAAAAAAA"

on the side, here is the quiet debut of the english teacher that in italian dub has his speech mixed in english words. Previews reveal a softer and still entertaining episode, it will be nice to return to it too.

_untitledJan 18, 2:07 PM
Feb 2, 12:28 PM
Nov 2022
tan triste y hermoso a la vez 😭💖
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

notestinet - Aug 25, 2008

303 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Yesterday, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 42 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Oct 30, 2008

49 by Niveen_Sleem »»
May 22, 1:33 PM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 41 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yakyuu-addict - Oct 30, 2008

86 by Niveen_Sleem »»
May 21, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

notestinet - Aug 17, 2008

59 by OsageSan »»
May 16, 10:17 PM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yakyuu-addict - Oct 29, 2008

89 by Niveen_Sleem »»
May 16, 7:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.