Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 4, 2016 6:38 AM

Oct 2013
I overall loved this season - it was so packed, maybe fast paced sure but not exactly rushed either. The character relationships & such were already established since the fairly long 1st season so they wasted no time, which was for the best considering all the reveals & twists we got - talk about curve balls.

In a way, this season could be summed up as "being Allen is suffering", yet that only makes me appreciate his character even more for walking forward despite all that. Not much of the usual shounen shenanigans "I fight for my friends!" this season either. Hell, Allen's on his own for a now - the gray in the D.Gray man becomes apparent in this season.

The Order did some nasty shit, and they're suffering the consequences of their actions now, yet when you think about it it's still the side to actually support overall because there's no better option out there(even if it's impossible for Allen right now). Like, Tykki & Road are cool & all but rooting for the Earl & his Noahs ain't exactly an option, seeing what he does with people's souls.

I'd hope the Order would see some change when it comes to the higher ups - or heck, see it reformed, but with D.Gray, you never know which curve the ball's go next, and I dread to think how long will it take for another season to grace our screens.

The most reasonable things to hope for is probably Hoshino releasing chapters more frequently.

9/10
Oct 4, 2016 10:14 AM

Aug 2014
Just when I was shipping Allen x Lenalee last episode, Kanda comes in and steals the spotlight. Dude is as smooth as they come.

Was hyped for this season at first but I slowly lost interest as it went on after seeing how this adaptation was being handled.
6/10
Oct 4, 2016 1:47 PM

Jan 2012
Being a huge fan of D.gray-man after completing the original series and hearing about D.gray-man getting animated again I was happy.

I think the ending of the series is good but compared to the original it isn't that good but I have read the manga and hopefully they can make a 24 episode series for the sequel. I am quite far with the manga but hopefully they can cover the volumes .

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Oct 5, 2016 3:47 AM

Jun 2013
I enjoyed everything except for the Alma Karma arc. Kanda has returned and lol at Bak Chang and Komui's reaction when he drank liquid innocence from Lenalee's palm.

Please adapt the next chapters into Anime if there's enough source material!!!
臭い-
Oct 5, 2016 3:01 PM
Sep 2009
Monochrome said:
Kanda sure surprised me. I really didn't expect him to change or feel such 'regret' for what happened with Allen.

This series has so many interesting elements, it's a shame the manga is so slow :/

Considering what Allen did for him, it's not that surprising. Allen helped him settle his biggest goal/dream of both lifetimes. Even someone as Kanda should appreciate it.
Oct 6, 2016 11:04 AM
Apr 2012
As someone who had loved the first season so many years ago, I must say that I really enjoyed seeing them in anime form again!

I remember when the first season ended, I went on to the read the manga and then gave it up at some point when there were no more updates for a while... I guess I haven't reached those arcs yet cause I don't remember any of that. Really makes me want to pick it up again!

What a roller coaster of emotions though! I like how they ended it just like the previous one! On an ending that suggest that it's not over yet! Hope to see more of it to quell my heart.
"Everyone is getting into relationships and growing up and I'm just getting lazier and finding new anime to watch and new manga to read"
Oct 10, 2016 1:45 PM

Jan 2012
the new one skipped some parts in the manga and so fast-paced , well as fan of dgm 7/10
even op /endi /ost aren't that good as first one.

but anyway i am glad it got animated after waiting for many years , looking forward to next one

Oct 10, 2016 8:45 PM

Nov 2013
Binged through the first series so I could watch this one...

In denial that Link's dead so off I go to read the manga >_____>
Link became my favorite. Only guy I've cried for aside from that Ship arc in the original series......
.... <____<................ >________>

Other than that, it did feel a bit rushed. I guess I'll only know how it compares to the manga once I get there! 8'D
Oct 13, 2016 12:17 PM
Oct 2016
It leaves me with suspicion on either how or if the next episode goes, I think that if you want to learn quite a bit about the anime I would say read the manga
Oct 14, 2016 12:20 AM
Oct 2012
Well I'm glad you manga readers seem to like it, but as someone who enjoyed the previous anime seasons and never read a page of the manga I found this show to be horrible. Now I know exactly what anime looks like to people who don't like anime.
Oct 14, 2016 12:50 AM

Oct 2015
the season was disappointing for me and i felt Kanda's comeback was forced. The writer was sloppy and sluggish, considering i was looking forward to this series. I think the creators are dragging the series longer and most of you will be dead before the millennium Earl is defeated. 6/10 was generous and should have been 2.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 15, 2016 6:08 PM

May 2010
Can we atleast get an ova where (even tho its out of character) allen brutally tortures and murders Chaoji and any living relatives of him?

that would be great 11/10 for sure best ova evah.

that idiot doubts allen twice without any facts while always getting his ass saved. enough is enough
Oct 19, 2016 8:27 AM

Mar 2015
hnnnghhh~~ <3 LENALEEEEE <3 <3 Your new hairstyle is adorable. How pity that she was told ugly by Kanda but He meant not her looks but her grief. Kanda Kyaaahh moment when he drank Innocence from Lenalee palm!!

My overall score varies depends on reading manga and without reading. I have not read the manga and this season plot is new to me. Thats why I give this score a 10/10. If I knew the story from the manga, this show rating will drop drastically up to 7/10 so its matter whether knowing or not knowing the story :p

4.9/5
Raijin-sama619Oct 19, 2016 8:32 AM
Oct 21, 2016 7:15 AM
Nov 2010
Good job on adapting this. The art style was handled very well and the animation and voice acting were suitable for the show and the current industry. The mess with the story/characters couldn't be resolved entirely, but they handled it okay.
Oct 27, 2016 1:47 AM

Aug 2013
See you guys in 8 years :(
Nov 3, 2016 7:14 PM

Oct 2011
I honestly dont know what to think of this one. 13 episodes is not enough for this kind of anime. Part of me is happy to see the gang again animated but then the other part is saying it shouldnt have been released at all if it was going to be this short. It was like a tease. Plus they butchered Lenalee's character completely.

Now I know, being at the latest chapter of the manga, that there isnt really enough source material to go 24 ep but even an anime original end is better then no end tbh. Two different endings is cool when it is done right..

I also have to add that it didnt have the charm that the previous anime had. 7/10 for me.
Nov 8, 2016 7:20 PM

Dec 2015
Well that sucked. I loved that last several episodes, but the fact that it's over with practically nothing to show for it...I'm seriously disappointed. Guess we'll never know how it all ends.
Nov 25, 2016 11:10 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Ends? No, is a new start, because Walker is alive, and he will give a lot of war!!!

6/10.
Nov 25, 2016 11:11 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Ends? No, is a new start, because Walker is alive, and he will give a lot of war!!!

6/10.
Nov 26, 2016 6:01 AM

Apr 2011
That was a really good ending. It was confusing in the middle were so many things has happened. Glad to see Kanda return from the dead to find Allen. Made me feel nostalgic watching as I almost remember watching the last season nearly 8 years ago.

I'll be waiting for the next season.
Dec 16, 2016 6:42 AM
Mar 2016
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think the finale was alright, pretty much details the aftermath after all the conflict going on with a short time skip (3 months I think?)

Oh man, the Lenalee and Yuu moments were priceless. I got a good laugh from that.

So I think the finale adapted around chapters 2+ chapters, seems decent for the pacing. This show has been a fun ride, very nostalgic overall. They handled the Yuu and Alma arc very well imo and was my favorite from the series. 7.5/10.

I AGREE on Kanda & Lenalee part.. But the ending.. I hope there's a sequel.. So damn hard to know what relationship between Nea & Road... BTW the most emotional part is during Alma's arc..
Jan 17, 2017 2:07 PM
Jun 2015
I don't like how it just ends like that. I was hoping for more episodes like with season 1. Because the status still says ongoing and yet..... it ended just like that way to kill the vibe directors next time u make another season make the season longer then 13 damn episodes because right now my hype for this show is dead because of how the season ended and 1/10 for me why? Because of how f@cking short it was I have to agree with one of the other comments the writer was sluggish and lazy whoever hired this writer is stupid I like the previous writer better and plus I was hoping for 101 episodes like in season 1 but this second season just made me hate the anime the fact that they have us wait 8 f@cking years for another season and on top of that that it was short as f@ck
Like sireusly I hope dragon ball super dosnt end in the most stupidest way possible like this season
Sadou_tomakiJan 17, 2017 2:18 PM
Feb 12, 2017 10:35 AM
Sep 2015
It was good I admit, however I don't feel as though it was a proper ending to the series. They shouldn't have revealed how many episodes they were going to release in the first place, in my opinion. Hopefully the series will continue once there is enough chapters of the manga to cover a whole season.
Feb 19, 2017 11:34 AM
Feb 2017
Am I the only one that thinks that apocryphos (the fucking evil ass guy with the annoying glasses) is the one who killed Cross- if you think about it, it fits. But then again he has 2 innocences and he left the gun at the order when he 'died' (it's still not 100% confirmed) but he still has the grave of Maria, which hasn't been show at all this season as far as I remember. Btw sorry for being so bloody late I swear literally no one will read this ;-;
Feb 20, 2017 12:22 PM

Dec 2015
itsjustmillie said:
Am I the only one that thinks that apocryphos (the fucking evil ass guy with the annoying glasses) is the one who killed Cross- if you think about it, it fits. But then again he has 2 innocences and he left the gun at the order when he 'died' (it's still not 100% confirmed) but he still has the grave of Maria, which hasn't been show at all this season as far as I remember. Btw sorry for being so bloody late I swear literally nIo one will read this ;-;

I take it you skipped episode 11? That episode revealed Apocryphos was the one who attacked Cross.

And it wasn't shown in Hallow, but Cross left Judgement behind because it no longer recognized Cross as it's owner -Apocryphos de-synced it from Cross.
SilverWolf442Feb 20, 2017 12:27 PM
Apr 20, 2017 12:06 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
What I added to comment section of entry.

Nsfw and harsh language warning.
DesolatePsycheMay 7, 2017 7:12 AM
May 17, 2017 3:16 PM
Jan 2012
That's beautiful final.
Like part of childhood of Allen kun. Liked your recordations your childhood.
Kanda's returned that's a big surprise for me, and the new arc of story begins. I wait return of kanda,but this moment so great surprise for me.
Tyke helps allen and challenge Allen to survive bear the burden of being encarnation of Nea.
The final of recordations/alucinations of Allen of possess 14º powers. Make me a deep emotions of strong laces if your past.
I agree with kanda about phrases and think about Allen and don't forgive the errors of order.
I hope much the great moments this new arc of anthology and story.
RafaKojiroMay 17, 2017 3:27 PM
May 26, 2017 8:43 AM

Jul 2012
Disappointing compared to the original series and manga.
Jun 20, 2017 10:11 PM
Jun 2017
Love the first D Gray Man. Started D Gray Man hollow, but I feel like I have missed a ton. why does allen have a cape and sword now? Why can't he use his arm? How and why is he part of the Noah clan? Thought they were with the earl? Can't find a show to sum up what I missed.....help please
Jun 29, 2017 12:48 PM

Oct 2007
I think the story in this was better than in the first season, and more in line with the manga. After all, it's from this season that you really start to see what's going on. But the execution was somewhat lacking, even though I think it got better after the Alma Karma arc. So only 7/10 this time, despite a stronger storyline than in the first season.
Aug 17, 2017 4:08 AM

Jun 2010
See yall in 10 years lmao good finale
Aug 17, 2017 6:44 PM

Mar 2008
it ends there?! WTF! So lame! >_>
Oct 15, 2017 5:03 PM
Apr 2015
So we got a few questions answered with this S2, and way more open. Hope there's a sequel at some point
Apr 14, 2018 1:36 PM

May 2016
Flashback about Cross and Allen' history was such heartwarming, how this sleaze man changed himself for our little boy's sake.

Ehh, gimme more :D Action, humor and art, it's really great.
May 9, 2018 8:37 PM

Dec 2017
Very Good Episode
Sep 20, 2018 4:16 PM

Dec 2012
"Walker. Someone who walks." It's so easy to overlook a simple detail like that. That such a central theme to Allen's journey would be hidden in plain sight.

Hallow has certainly been a solid followup. It could be hard to follow at times, but certainly not incoherent. I wasn't that bothered by the art style change, though it's still jarring considering I jumped into Hallow ASAP. My only real disappointment is the complete recasting of the characters. I know it's easier to prefer what you start with, but in this case it really felt like a major step down. The characters sounded too similar and nothing stood out. In the first series, each voice was dynamic and distinct. I just didn't feel the same attachment because of that massive change.

With that said, I did like the major focus on Kanda as well as the The Fourteenth. I wish there had been more screen time for Lenalee & Lavi, but I'm content with what I could get given the time constraints. I'll definitely be stepping on over to the manga soon. To keep walking forward, so to speak.

7.5/10

And on a side note, I really liked that little moment where the girl finds Allen in the alley. Just really got me when Allen went "Shh."
Dec 7, 2018 5:41 AM

Jul 2017
It's always good to see Allen's past so this episode was a nice way to end this season. Overall decent, not as bad as people claimed it to be. Though as an anime-only I couldn't help but notice everything was rushed, even the dialogues felt rushed, the Alma Karma arc battle scene was all over the place, and overall just felt generic like majority of anime these days. They toned down the dark atmosphere which the original anime had.

6/10 for final score

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Jun 17, 2019 8:09 PM

Jul 2013
I'm okay with this ending. Sure there are a lot of unanswered questions but "maybe" someday there will be an announcement for a season3 what I really hope for.

Interesting to see more of Allens past shortly after he lost Mana. Cross as a wannabe father was just priceless to see. :D

I agree with a lot of people that it felt often rushed and the atmosphere the first season had wasn't the same here. But nonthenless I enjoyed it. A lot of things happened this season. Cross really seems to be dead but I'm not to sure about Howard Link.

Even if it takes a couple years more pls let season 3 happen.

8/10 just because it's D.Gray-man

Mar 14, 2020 12:48 PM
Jul 2018
I'm glad Allen left the black order, I never liked that overly happy family that was formed in it. AND WTF NOW IT ENDS WITH LAVI BEING SMASHED TO A WALL SO BRUTALLY?!

P.S. Lenalee will forever remain a shit character
May 5, 2020 5:33 AM

Apr 2009
..and we get a flashback for the last episode! Cross Marian did all that? Awww. Timcanpy was the size of average beach ball then.

ctranhanh said:
Where is Lavi ??!!!! I’m cryinggggg
Probably still being tortured by the Noahs so Old Bookman would yield and speak of the secrets of the past.

Kanda came back despite having the option to be free of the Order.

Allen Walker, an Exorcist and a Noah. "If you haven't given up, don't stop...keep walking on your own." A combination of Mana Walker and Cross Marian's advice.

7/10 Still OK somehow.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 15, 2021 2:41 AM

Dec 2012
Allen... Walker.
After 30 years?
Allen returned to that place.
Boku no Roado!
Link's grave.
The waifu Emilia.
3 months have passed.
Lenalee and Marie.

And that was the end. It was ok. The best thing about Hallow was the OP song. I had only listened to it a few times when the 1st ep came out 5 years ago (I was waiting for the BD to binge it, but it got canceled then I decided to watch it whenever. Didn't know it'd be 5 years later. lol). The song was good back then, but now that I was binging, the song became fire. Too addicting. The other best thing was the waifu Emilia. I got accustomed to the new seiyuu because it is what it is. I accepted that 5 years ago. Wada is the only returning staff and his music was just non-existent in this. I used to get hyped hearing his music in the original series back in 2012. I felt nothing here.

DGM as a anime is dead. I'll reread this season in the manga.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 12, 2021 9:46 PM

Jan 2013
I didnt expect this season to put in as much content as we got.
A lot of progress on Allen's part and his connection to the Fourteenth and a lot more information on the Noah / Innocence.
But just like the first seasons it feels like we're starting to get into it and it's ended, so I'm really hoping for a sequel soon enough.
Mar 19, 2022 6:12 PM

Sep 2018
This season had far more interesting developments happen and without the dragging pace and filler stuff, so it automatically beats out the original, but only slightly so.

No, it didn't drag, it instead did the exact opposite, a lot of stuff was going on in a short amount of time, which became a little jarring. And I really disliked the new voice actors and some of the designs as well. 7/10.
Jul 31, 2022 2:15 PM

May 2018
Allen Walker more like Allen Stumbler amirite?

Anyways a good sequel even if rushed. I hope we get a new season one day but I doubt it will happen given the BDs were cancelled and the new manga chapters are being released at a snail's pace. Oh well T_T

6/10
Nov 12, 2022 2:53 PM

Aug 2020
Damn I want more D. Gray-Man material so bad. The ending theme makes me all melancholic here.

Gotta read the manga, but I would like more animated arcs. This series deserves the best finale.

Lenalee and Fou I love you btw

Feb 4, 2023 9:26 AM
Nov 2022
I am glad that they did try to continue this interesting story... However, it felt quite rushed, and it makes me a bit sad that there won't be more seasons for who knows how long. Oh well. Guess I will have to continue with the manga.
Feb 5, 2023 3:03 AM

Feb 2012
Kanda's only wish and motive to live was to reunite with his beloved and Allen gave him that chance. He would have also followed Alma but decided to assist Allen by returning back to order.
Feb 21, 2023 1:46 AM

May 2020
Finale was alright. Not too much of a content, but brief flashbacks of Cross and Allen's time together. He's in between his human self and Noah self.. running from the Order, running from Millenium Earl and running from Apocryphos. And yes Kanda's back, like we knew he will.

Not a fan of this sequel. Episodes felt rushed for the most part, could care less if they were that way in the manga itself. Adaptations are meant to improve upon and elevate the content of source, which this didn't do. The first season despite being having over hundred episodes and snail paced from time to time was a lot more easy to go through.

Then there's these new voices, which apart from a single or two characters didn't fit well with any of the rest ones. Specially Krory, Tyki and Lenalee. And then that total changeover with the character designs of Miranda and again Lenalee.

5/10. I like this series a bit and these characters, otherwise it would've been a 4.

It's obvious we won't get a sequel, ever. I'll continue with the manga.
Mar 6, 2023 7:04 AM

Nov 2010
Damn, Howard Link actually died. That's too bad.
Yeah, I wasn't surprised that Yu is still alive.
I think the plot has become interesting, with Allen becoming a loner with Apocryphos & The Order hot on his tail. I am looking forward to an S3. 7/10
Jul 10, 2023 11:15 AM
Apr 2023
It was okay but needs more to the story before I can say it was great
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2016

64 by iamnameers »»
Dec 22, 2023 1:12 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2016

82 by iamnameers »»
Dec 22, 2023 12:26 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2016

71 by iamnameers »»
Dec 22, 2023 12:06 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2016

359 by iamnameers »»
Dec 21, 2023 10:32 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

79 by Choostopher »»
Nov 6, 2023 10:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.