Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 21, 5:20 AM
Dec 2018
Reply to off-season
Was anything in this episode a reference to something that actually exists, or was everything out of the writers' heads? The "Tokorozawa-zawa!" chant for instance felt like it has to be alluding to something and I just don't know what (beyond the fact there is such a city).
@off-season They are in tokorozawa, on the Seibu Ikebukuro Line, its a pretty big city and I been there several times and going on date with gf there sunday so thought it was funny. It does have the first airforce base and a museum there there is also massive anime musuem so thought it would be funny if they have anything about the show there.
May 21, 6:11 AM

Jul 2022
This episode was really crazy and weird, and we got some fanservice. It was confirmed that Yoka is the queen, and it makes sense since several cities they visited seem to have been altered by things related to Yoka. However, the part that confused me the most was the possible flashbacks of the girls, like Nadeko's father abandoning her or Akira and Reimi killing someone or something.

May 21, 6:57 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to Swagernator
@HyperlinkBlocked What Nadeshiko has said in that little speech of hers apply to all the girls, and im pretty sure will have an impact on how Shizuru is going to handle Youka.
@Swagernator Yeah, I don't really consider a general "Don't worry about what you could have done" "connecting" to their trauma. They dropped some real bombshells on us here, and this demands more than a generic speech to explore at this point.
May 21, 9:29 AM
Nov 2022
WTF

I literally didn't understand anything xdxd
There came a moment when I thought "what the hell am I seeing?" Although well, now we know that Yoka is somehow a "Witch Queen"._.
May 21, 11:32 AM

May 2021
the other eps were sure weird, interesting or fun. this one was batshit insane. yoka here we come!
May 21, 1:09 PM

Nov 2012
Really liked this and the last episode, Tsutomu Mizushima really starting to lean into his weird brand of comedy that makes stuff like Dokuro-chan and Mayoiga highly entertaining to watch even if they're generally uneven shows overall. I do recall him posting on twitter that from episode 4 onwards the show would grow weirder and can't wait to see what comes next.
May 21, 2:59 PM

Jul 2016
- Station where past regrets mind-rape you -> only 15 seconds of screen-time.
- Station where everything is a wacky Alice in Wonderland x Precure parody -> practically a whole episode of screen-time.

Yeah... not gonna lie, the "past regrets" station deserved its own episode. Just imagine the drama and potential character development for all the girls...

Still a highly entertaining episode tho. I have no idea what the creator smoked while writing this but I can tell it sure was from a good batch.
May 21, 3:18 PM

Aug 2020
Really funny chaos but I didn't get a damn thing... aall is well when it ends well I guess?

So Yoka is the queen. The ending with her hair changing makes some sense now.

May 21, 4:50 PM

Jan 2019
I thought we were gonna get an episode focused on all that juicy trauma only to get one of the worst episodes of an anime I've watched in a long time.

I can tell they're referencing something, but fuck me the pacing is so fast it's impossible to follow what is happening.

May 21, 6:48 PM

Mar 2008
Kind of would have been nice if the episode was on the regret station but I guess they can always bring up an explanation of what they were thinking of. It was just these really brief flashes.

This episode was really fast paced and chaotic yet organized lol
May 21, 9:07 PM
May 2024
The pacing is too fast because of rapid action, frame ships, girls yapping, should watch on 1.0x speed or lower
Yuichi Nakamura as the dogboss anyway
May 22, 4:52 AM

Dec 2008
A bit hard to follow when you step in unprepared, I will rewatch this for sure.
the recent stations were all a big nightmare, although the one with Zombies was no real danger.
Ikeburo might be the most normal station or the reincarnation of Event Horizon.

Funny that they created a weird anime as reference for this episode and made it super weird
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 8:15 AM
Oct 2021
What I’m getting from this is that Shizuru may very well be (partially) responsible for the state of this world. I theorise that the reason all of the towns became so far apart is because Youka viewed the distance between her (in Ikebukuro) and her friends (in their hometown) as akin to the gap between stars, hence the insane spatial distortion. I think that 7G turned Youka’s metaphorical interpretations (specifically, their relationship) into physical realities. She left the train line intact because deep down, she hopes that there is still a way to reunite with her friends even if it’s infinitely far away.
May 22, 9:30 AM
Jun 2022
Now, this show feels like Inception movie vibe from this episode.

Just maybe
May 22, 5:09 PM

May 2022
I feel stupid saying it but I have no idea what this episode was about.
May 22, 9:47 PM
Jan 2017
And now our band of plucky girls are beginning to encounter organized resistance. But never say die! Don your cosplay and charge into battle.
Chaos and his minions have fallen. But can our heroines defeat the Witch Queen Yoka?
Dreadogastus_FMay 22, 9:54 PM
May 22, 10:23 PM

Apr 2014
nadeko was cute as hell in that outfit
May 23, 4:56 AM
Dec 2020
what a banger omg it was so funny
May 23, 5:23 AM

Jan 2011
Well, that was definitely a step up in wackiness.

I'm gonna need more info on Akira seeing someone drown though.
May 23, 6:21 AM
Mar 2018
It feels too dismissive to be calling this episode "random," but I don't have an adjective off the top of my head that better qualifies my feelings while (and after) watching it; though, I guess I could also mention the weird eeriness that I felt in many of the scenes involving the villains.

I can't wait to see what is up with Yoka-hime. I wasn't very surprised to hear that she's some kind of major player, I kind of expected that (I'm sure there's a page on tvtropes for that). Can't wait to see what's next!
May 23, 4:47 PM

Sep 2021
The "stop of the week" was the worst one so far, but it's nice to hear from Yoka and get closer to the truth behind 7G!
May 24, 12:45 AM

Apr 2012
Did the creators run out of imagination and decided to increase the dose of psychedelics to write this episode? It was a funny parody of mahou shoujo though. Quite surreal, but still.
May 25, 12:19 PM

Aug 2019
I was watching it on strong acid dose, had to rewatch and nothing changed

this shit is so wild, I love it!
May 25, 7:35 PM

Dec 2021
By now, it’s no surprise that Youka is the mastermind. While the first couple flashbacks showed some nice childhood memories, the more recent ones have shown some creepy stuff.

As for the pig dudes, it's unfortunate. They were left leaderless just when they had a glimmer of hope for a new leader. Lmaooo.

May 26, 11:57 AM

May 2020
Well, that just happened. This show is somehow topping itself with the amount of randomness and insanity they're putting up with every episode lol.

By the way, the initial few minutes with the flashbacks and everything.. regretful flashbacks at that, need one more go.
May 26, 6:35 PM

Jun 2020
wtf.. this was terrible. It feels like the plot for every station the anime focuses on is just them arriving at a town and getting chased

why not focus on the regret/flashbacks at the beginning of the episode or the body dysphoria that must come from not being a human anymore? Maybe I sound like an elitist but this anime had potential for so much more
May 27, 2:26 AM

Apr 2015
Unironically the most interesting episode I've seen in seasonal anime in at least a year
This is what I want from anime
May 27, 4:41 AM
Feb 2015
TheNeriali world are different due to the witch queen desire probably. Now they heading to ikebukuro
May 27, 10:16 AM
Apr 2021
LMAOOOO bro WTFFFF did I just watch man this gotta be the most confusing and most random episode so far from this show man I love it, from the beginning of this episode they already confused me with the whole Alice show and the amount of words that was on my screen left me looking like this >😵‍💫 hahaha nonetheless tho great episode I love how chaotic this show is one on my favs to watch on mondays🔥🔥🔥

Looks like Yoka is alive which is good but it looks like she’s become an evil witch with the ability to take over the world which is surprising but I guess it shouldn’t be that surprising considering she was the first and only person to push the 7G button and launch the world into chaos I hope she isn’t too evil but something tells me it’s not gonna be easy to get her back🙁

Now that we got all that out of the way now we can talk about the best part of this episode……………THE NADEKO FANSERVICE WE GOT IN THIS EPISODE WAS FUCKING UNEXPECTED I LOVED IT SO MUCH SHES THE FINEST GIRL OUT OF EVERYONE IN THIS SHOW like I was NOT expecting her to wear a mini skirt and crop top + she’s so goddamn stacked like why did the animator make her so fine for? I hope we get more of these fanservice moments in future episode (let’s hope we get Yoka fanservice as well👀)😩😫😩😫😫😫😫
May 28, 7:58 AM

Oct 2008
what a hyper chaotic shogi domino episode!
5/5.

May 29, 12:14 AM
Nov 2020
Reply to stevejawbs
@Shirowhite01 Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this was the only station that had any direct connection to Yoka.

I mean, you could potentially connect the rest to her (she likes animals? she wanted to become a mushroom and give up on life, she had a bad encounter with a goat, she wanted to rain golf balls, she played with mini action figures...?), but in the story so far, no connection.
@stevejawbs Looking upon the map, what the girls encountered throughout the journey and flashbacks of Shizuru with Yoka i think all of them have direct connection with Yoka and Shizuru because they shared with each other what they like and what their dreams are about.

Yoka does in fact love animals and anime for girls, Shizuru has a bunch of "want-to-do's" Like eating a bunch of mushrooms. Yoka also like space and science so we got starry skies and even floating organs etc.

Tldr: It's a mix of Yoka and Shizuru's memories, dreams, and desires. And Yoka is like the administrator of that world she can manifest anything she desires.
May 29, 12:20 AM
Nov 2020
Reply to Takata
Shirowhite01 said:
Everything that happened started with Yoka, now she's recognized as the Witch Queen of Ikebukuro. We've seen some magic powers from the NeriAri villains so the likelihood of Yoka having powers or Authority to mold anything to her bidding might not be so far-fetched... She might even have powers to prevent anyone she dislikes from entering her domain.
Well, the map in episode 2 depicts a disconnection in the tracks just before Ikebukuro.

NekOniiChan said:
The effects of Higashi-Kurume [SI 14] and Hibarigaoka [SI 13] are internal rather than external as the opening for this week's episode. Of course, the map from Episode 2 gave us a hint about what's in store at each station along the line, but the handmade nature of it can only provide so much. On a side note, has anyone figured out why that map has some stations in circles, some in diamonds, and some in squares?
Pretty sure a circle indicates no life intelligent enough to communicate with, while squares and diamonds indicate there is someone they can talk to. Not sure what the difference between square and diamond is. Both of the diamonds have been hostile... although the mushroom people at Higashi-Agano also ended up being hostile. Also, the map-maker seemingly hasn't met the queen of the zombies, or figured he couldn't draw a square for one person.

I kind of like the fast pace of this anime, but it feels like this episode cranked the pace way higher than usual. In one episode, they've discovered a town that's turned into the setting of NeriAli, tried and failed to revive the protagonists, defeated the villains, and left the town a leaderless mess.
@Takata That is true, the bridge to Ikebukuro is cutoff after the 2nd to the final station they might need other way to get across since they'll have to ditch the train
Jun 2, 2:45 PM

Jun 2016
He's not in the credits, but the slapdash, off-the-rails style in this episode really reminded me of Sakurai Hiroaki
Jun 3, 5:54 PM

Jan 2022
Jeeez this town seems insane wtf

Poor pigs.

They spent too much time on the zombies and not enough time in regret land.

This episode felt like an Nintendo game for some reason.

Let's hope that Yoka isn't actually a witch.
This never updates so that's cool
Jun 7, 6:51 AM

Oct 2017
They really just made her sad backstory like that side thing. Anyway should have known Yoka would be the final villain.
Jun 10, 4:51 AM

Jul 2017
An itchy contraption, and survivor's guilt conscience nightmare fuel ruptures the girls...what the hell's going on!?

Anything goes from the effect of 7G, and everything's like a video game from the manga/anime series Alice in Nerima Land franchise, though that does fickle Shizuku a bit. And into a town where NeriAli is brought to life with Chaos taking over a magical land where they rule, and nothing but the death sentence awaits them if they try to retaliate, which they do so while following the plot of the show for escape getaways. It's just hectic strategies left and right saving the heroes and getting almost chimed in, and the girls getting cosplayed to the actual Darkzumite heroes to truly unravel the literate chaos in a huge cemetary, but stlll following the rules of Shogi enough that they have a fighting chance to stop Chaos, his right-hand men and the lots of Walker minions as pawns.

And then the reveal: the Witch Queen of Ikebukuro, Yoka, of which Chaos escaped to report the cause. Absolutely no chance to lead the piglets, the girls have to move on, now knowing that NeriAli's setting changed somehow, no thanks to the 7G incident.

At least we have a lead on where Yoka is now...
Jun 11, 11:31 AM
Sep 2017
too rushed, i kinda lost with the meaning of these symbolisms
Jun 17, 3:39 AM

Nov 2019
The beginning was some crazy fan service opening scene turned battle scar mental trauma.

This episode hurt my brain, they arrive at a station that seemingly looked like a night festival but deep down it was a cult of walkers and shogi pieces with many pigs in hiding including an idol Alice, the person they held memorial tombstone for in the festival square. In they end the dog exposes that Youka is the queen, what a surprise - the one person that pressed the button became the ruler.

Jul 2, 12:45 PM
Jul 2021
Episode feels like an LSD trip it's so bizarre and fun
Jul 14, 5:44 PM

Aug 2008
Dumbest episode so far.
Jul 19, 9:56 AM
Mar 2020
This anime is a few eggs short of a basket... and that is FINE!
Jul 23, 2:05 PM

Mar 2013
wildest 24 minute of my life, wtf was all of that lmao
Jul 25, 4:00 PM

Feb 2018
I didn't think the episodes could get any stranger, and I'm not sure what it was about this one but it just seemed so weird.
I think it was the combination of this magic show in reality and then the really fast pace that just made it seem like things were happing so quickly.
But, we still got that bit of info at the end that Youka is being refereed to as "the Witch Queen", so who knows how things will go next on this journey...
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» The Main OST?

GakutoDeathGlare - Jun 3

3 by ezex98 »»
Yesterday, 3:31 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 24

114 by Serafos »»
Jul 25, 10:44 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 13

75 by corvKa »»
Jul 21, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 6

92 by corvKa »»
Jul 20, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 29

84 by corvKa »»
Jul 19, 2:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.