Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 8, 2018 11:35 PM
Nov 2017
matias067 said:

LOL! Ayumu feels like he's Nikaidou and VA is also the same! Its Okamoto Nobuhiko! and he's like a Chuuni! lolz

The trash talk between he and Ai was my favorite bit. I can't wait for them to have a match against each other.
Jan 8, 2018 11:37 PM

Mar 2009
It's funny how little sister(eromanga) and loli anime are making a return. That trend was gone for a long time, and suddenly, out of nowhere, they've been trying to make some kind of comeback.
Jan 9, 2018 12:05 AM

Apr 2015
O god, the MC really really looks like an 'MC'
Not complainin

Not fair to Ryuuou to keep comparing in to Sangatsu, they're just different things, so I'm not gonna mention it on Ryuuou threads from now on

Guess it's okay from time to time to see some rather traditional LN fare, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would
Jan 9, 2018 12:19 AM

Sep 2011
Artur_Moreira said:
Yoruka93 said:
This looks good, unlike that Sangatsu no Lion melodrama fest.

Please don't compare this shit to sangatsu...
Sangatsu wasn't even good. Over-the-top melodrama lmao.
Jan 9, 2018 12:36 AM

Apr 2016
Tyrel said:
Artur_Moreira said:

Please don't compare this shit to sangatsu...

Sangatsu is melodrama ? comon man, than what is Angel Beats! then... thats just no.
Jan 9, 2018 12:38 AM

May 2014
That naked loli scene turned into a naked yandere loli scene.
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jan 9, 2018 12:43 AM

Sep 2011
Swagernator said:
Tyrel said:

Sangatsu is melodrama ? comon man, than what is Angel Beats! then... thats just no.
I watched Angel Beats back in 2011, aka when I started anime. If you think I'd rate Angel Beats a 10/10 again after 6 years, then you should probably rethink a bit. I've also stated this multiple times elsewhere on the forums. Sangatsu is beyond melodramatic. And yes, Angel Beats is exactly that for its last few episodes.

Also, Angel Beats =/= Shogi show like the other two even if it's melodramatic.
TyrelJan 9, 2018 12:50 AM
Jan 9, 2018 12:44 AM

Apr 2016
Tyrel said:
Swagernator said:

I watched Angel Beats back in 2011, aka when I started anime. If you think I'd rate Angel Beats a 10/10 again after 6 years, then you should probably rethink a bit. I've also stated this multiple times elsewhere on the forums. Sangatsu is beyond melodramatic. And yes, Angel Beats is exactly that for its last few episodes.

Oh well then good sir ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 9, 2018 12:47 AM
Aug 2012
Well, first episode, and i am sure this anime is not about shogi.
Jan 9, 2018 1:27 AM

May 2017
Boi I can already see the doujins

first episode and this is already better than the entirety of 3gatsu

3gatsu is shit, I bet normies would quote this, drop your weak excuses and tears below
Jan 9, 2018 3:39 AM

Sep 2015
Tyrel said:
Swagernator said:

Also, Angel Beats =/= Shogi show like the other two even if it's melodramatic.

Not that I think you'll listen to me, but I think you're mistaking the term melodramatic for emotionally driven, as the two aren't mutually exclusive. 3-gatsu focuses a lot on conveying feeling through animation, but if you look at the plot as a whole, it isn't overdramatic, things don't happen for the sake of drama, actually, the events are quite a bit normal.
Jan 9, 2018 4:16 AM

Dec 2011
FINALLY! 3-gatsu no Lion but without autistic drama ! 5/5 LOVE IT!
Jan 9, 2018 5:32 AM

Jan 2018
I am big fan of 3-gatsu no Lion and I have read the novel of Ryuuou no Oshigoto. 3gatsu focuses more on the growth of Rei while Ryuuou focuses more on Shoji( and loli). In fact, besides Shoji they are totally different types. I think both are good works and it is meaningless to dispute which is better.
As for this episode, it develops so fast and deletes lots of introductions about Shoji so 3/5. But I believe following episodes will be better.
xdyllxJan 9, 2018 5:36 AM
Jan 9, 2018 6:32 AM

Dec 2014
shogi based anime...first episode looked promising let's see how it continues
Jan 9, 2018 8:17 AM

Aug 2008
Too much bullshit and pedobait. I guess I'll see if it gets any better but not holding any expectations.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 9, 2018 9:36 AM

Jan 2014
Pretty funny. Lolis aren't my thing, but the MC is likable.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jan 9, 2018 11:25 AM

Jan 2017
I like how this anime works. Looking forward too see how it's going
Jan 9, 2018 11:32 AM
Apr 2017
Vanschia said:
all these loliphobic people in the first page lol

this actually not that bad, good visual & ost
nice storytelling and comedy
likeable personality of the loli girl

well I'm in

"Loliphobic"

begin to invent names as if who were against this disgusting thing is the villain, will soon want to legalize pedophilia...
Jan 9, 2018 11:37 AM
Apr 2017
TsundeReaper said:

3gatsu is shit, I bet normies would quote this, drop your weak excuses and tears below

lolis, pedobait, sadistic girl, chunin.

It's natural that stupid peoples prefer stupid shows like this one.
Jan 9, 2018 11:51 AM

Jan 2008
Watching cause lolis.

Is this going to be a CGDCT (the loli squad) with guy-surrounded-by-several girls-but-isn't-considered-a-harem show with shogi as a theme?

The door scene was hilarious.
PaulJan 9, 2018 12:07 PM
Jan 9, 2018 12:06 PM

Apr 2009
Hirugiku said:
jlutholtz said:
Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope!

I'm sorry, but NOPE! This is exactly what I feared this show would be: a rip-off "3-gatsu no Lion" with some loli-harem bullshit thrown in to drown out how ridiculous this premise is. I did a triple-take when it was revealed that this girl was able to engage him even though she's a grade schooler and has only been playing for 3 months.
I call bullshit!

I was even willing to put up with it, but the nude fight at the door killed it for me.

i think you shouldnt underestimate it, its supported by shogi association in japan and its the top light novel? Anyway dont drop it right now, this is the type of anime where ep 1 is misleading and its actually amazing.
Also its evident that the girl is a genius, well you know there are some people who has innate talent to something, like how someone can combine the hardest numbers together despite not knowing math that well.

I'm skeptical about that, but I'll give it another ep to convince me. If it doesn't do an heel turn by then, it's getting dropped. :-/
Jan 9, 2018 12:39 PM
Dec 2015
DarkAudit said:
Best laugh I've had so far this season, and maybe I'll learn something about shogi while I'm at it. Definitely sticking with this one.

Yeah, this is the funniest show so far in the season. I'm looking forward to it.
Jan 9, 2018 12:47 PM
Jul 2018
Unrelated but am I the only one who just sees the thread kinda funny because of how many triggered people are here?

Look I'm not saying you should force yourself to watch stuff. If you don't like it, then of course: Don't watch it.

But just because some people actually like these shows (one reason or another) wouldn't mean they're pedophiles. That's just a blatant generalization for those that are doing that.
Jan 9, 2018 1:45 PM

Oct 2011
Maybe Yaichi will face Kiriyama in a Shogi match😍
Jan 9, 2018 5:08 PM

Jun 2013
the trash of this season is here i guess
Jan 9, 2018 6:55 PM

May 2017
Artur_Moreira said:
TsundeReaper said:

OH NO a casual normie!! Brah stay with 3gatsu, that's hardly has any plot progression and shogi, all psychological and forgot about its plot lmao. Stay with that crap

Its only natural for pretend people to like pretend shows like 3gatsu

Also, lolis, Pedobait, sadistic girl, chuuni, 3gatsu has all that too dumbass
Jan 9, 2018 7:45 PM
Apr 2017
3 gatsu no lion but nowhere near as good is my first impression. But it was kinda cute i guess
Jan 9, 2018 10:07 PM
Feb 2013
Someone already summary the first two volumes of the LN, after I read it I'm pretty sure this show isn't all about the loli doing a cute thing it's also about giving their all in life as well. That made me interested in this show more and more.

Here if you are interested, it contain spoiler for obvious reason.

https://magnavalon.com/2017/12/15/ryuuou-no-oshigoto-the-start-of-a-journey/#more-2452
Jan 9, 2018 10:20 PM

Jul 2012
Pretty much what I was expecting, I'll stick around and see where this ride takes me.

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Jan 9, 2018 10:32 PM

Jan 2012
clu6w said:
The light novel sold really good, so I'm hoping that it's not just another lolli bate.

Funny you say that... I'm hoping for just the opposite.

There are not enough lolis in anime nowadays. Lolis deserve love too. I, for one, need more loli anime.
Jan 9, 2018 11:03 PM

Sep 2014
TsundeReaper said:
Artur_Moreira said:

OH NO a casual normie!! Brah stay with 3gatsu, that's hardly has any plot progression and shogi, all psychological and forgot about its plot lmao. Stay with that crap

We saw the same series? "Pedobait, sadistic girl, chuuni" where do you see that in 3gatsu?
Nothing important. Keep scrolling.
Jan 10, 2018 12:04 AM

May 2017
joexmdq said:
TsundeReaper said:

We saw the same series? "Pedobait, sadistic girl, chuuni" where do you see that in 3gatsu?

*sigh* hinata and momo. Kyouko. Nikaidou (tho not fully, has some tendencies)
Jan 10, 2018 12:21 AM
Feb 2013
Nyaa said:

Funny you say that... I'm hoping for just the opposite.

There are not enough lolis in anime nowadays. Lolis deserve love too. I, for one, need more loli anime.

My thought exactly dude. Most of anime have main girl around middle to high school age. We need more loli.
Jan 10, 2018 12:34 AM

Sep 2014
TsundeReaper said:
joexmdq said:

Hina and Momo... they never showed us something beside what they are: kids. If you see something more it's because you want to see it. You can't compare these two on all two seasons with what we saw in this 1st episode, just you can't.

Nikaidou is just another "you are my rival" guy, can't tell that chuuni.

And Kyouko... I give it to you, but again, can't compare her with Ginko. The only comparable thing between is the shogi and only the shogi.
Jan 10, 2018 1:07 AM
May 2016
BOO THEY CUT OUT THE FUNNIST PART OF THE FIRST CHAPTER WHERE THE SHIFU PEED FROM THE WINDOW OF THE SHOGI ASSOCIATION BOO!!!

Dropped
You're a stupid weeaboo grow up
Jan 10, 2018 1:18 AM
Jan 2018
joexmdq said:
TsundeReaper said:

Hina and Momo... they never showed us something beside what they are: kids. If you see something more it's because you want to see it. You can't compare these two on all two seasons with what we saw in this 1st episode, just you can't.

And Kyouko... I give it to you, but again, can't compare her with Ginko. The only comparable thing between is the shogi and only the shogi.

You are absolutely right, beside he shouldn't compare AOTY like 3-Gatsu to loli bait anime in the first place they are on different level.
Jan 10, 2018 4:58 AM

May 2016
Long Live Loli!

I found another imouto
Jan 10, 2018 5:29 AM

May 2017
SoroAruga said:
joexmdq said:

You are absolutely right, beside he shouldn't compare AOTY like 3-Gatsu to loli bait anime in the first place they are on different level.

@joexmdq blame your poor observation only on yourself

3gatsu is 90% psychological 10% shogi and plot progression and sometimes an episodes where its 90% SoL and 10% shogi but 0 plot progression

Don't get me wrong, I like psychological, just not this show, 3gatsu is psychological done wrong

"AOTY" lmao what a delusional casual

Also some friends of mine who reads the LN says that this isn't loli centered shit like you casuals are already assuming.
Jan 10, 2018 6:04 AM
Feb 2013
Here the next EP. preview. It's seem Ai's parents finally show up, let's see what they gonna do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAsSIIFQk7M
Jan 10, 2018 6:13 AM

Aug 2012
2 discussion threads per episode should be a thing! one thread for people to discuss how much they hate the show and the other for the people who liked it LOL

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Jan 10, 2018 9:45 AM

Jun 2013
Punpun3 said:
I'm so glad 3-gatsu no lion is a thing...

this anime is making light of shogi. I'm sure it's unintentional but I'm sure more than one shogi fan or pro shogi player in japan got mad after watching this shit lol.

about the anime: rehashed, cliche loli fanservice. but I'm a filthy lolicon and can't resist things like this. shame on me

Its just the first episode, plus the LN focuses a lot more on shogi than 3-gatsu does.
Jan 10, 2018 11:33 AM
Mar 2016
Did they just took lolicon to the next level with this anime?
Jan 10, 2018 1:08 PM

Sep 2014
TsundeReaper said:
SoroAruga said:

@joexmdq blame your poor observation only on yourself

3gatsu is 90% psychological 10% shogi and plot progression and sometimes an episodes where its 90% SoL and 10% shogi but 0 plot progression

Don't get me wrong, I like psychological, just not this show, 3gatsu is psychological done wrong

"AOTY" lmao what a delusional casual

Also some friends of mine who reads the LN says that this isn't loli centered shit like you casuals are already assuming.

I never speaked about the series itself, I just pointed that what you said before was incorrect and it can't be compared with the 1st episode of this. I never read the LN and of course I don't know how it will be on further episodes. Maybe it will become the best shogi anime on the world, but the first impression they gave me is the worst one, you can't blame me for thinking that.

And I noticed that you still keep telling us "normies" and "casuals" in a derogatory way just beucause we don't have the same tastes as you. Please, stop it, I can't take you totally seriously if all you do is devalue whoever has a different opinion from yours.
Jan 10, 2018 2:25 PM

Jul 2014
oh god, lolis aside, this is worst than retarded shonen/sports anime
"look, I'm a genius, so I can almost defeat the fuckink ryuuou while knowing just one move and after 3 stupid months"
fuck you

doesn't matter if it will focuses more on shogi than the loli fanservice, it only means we will keep seeing more of this kind of bullshit
Jan 10, 2018 3:24 PM
May 2016
Man, I decided to watch this without knowing Ai is only 9 years old, that fact only makes me want to watch it even more.

Artur_Moreira said:

"Loliphobic"

begin to invent names as if who were against this disgusting thing is the villain, will soon want to legalize pedophilia...

Hahahahahahahahahahaha no. Pedophilia is disgusting, liking underaged anime lolis doesn't make you a pedophile, period.
Jan 10, 2018 3:39 PM

May 2009
Rievlyne said:
Oh my. Beta MC, naked loli, bossy heroine. Yeah, this episode was a reminder why I don't care about anime anymore.

MC is fine and Ai is heroine/main girl not that generic cunt. Ai is angel.
Yoruka93 said:
This looks good, unlike that Sangatsu no Lion melodrama fest.

How the fuck is Sangatsu melodramatic?
Jan 10, 2018 3:46 PM

May 2010
the scenes in this show sound SO bad out of context LOL

https://puu.sh/yYDqi/c7dc66fe9d.png
https://puu.sh/yYDxb/800b6eac09.png
https://puu.sh/yYDG2/f05b2ccd67.png
https://puu.sh/yYDGl/f814910a80.png

look at them in that order and don't forget to call 119
Jan 10, 2018 4:19 PM

Oct 2017
Yes I am a LOLICON SO IT PROBABLY BIAS but I won't compare this with eromanga sensei or that siscon thing previous season, it is different, It does have shogi but probably need to wait for later episodes and that "fan service scene" does write in the novel so whatsoever, this type of light novel were all like this. please if read the description be4 complaining loli shit loli that you kind of need to anticipate this would happen as THE STUDIO IS THE SAME STUDIO WITH TENSHI NO 3 PIECE

“It's okay to live, even if there's no greater point to living. -” Konno Yuuki

“God would never put us through all this suffering if he didn't think we could bear it.” -Konno Yuuki

“Life is not a game of luck. If you wanna win, work hard.” – Sora

Jan 10, 2018 6:35 PM

Jul 2015
Aaaahhhh this would be so much better if I knew how the heck this game worked. And umm... could have done without the loli bait...
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jan 10, 2018 7:22 PM
Feb 2013
I hope the next episode topic will be more peaceful place for us, those who hate this show don't have any reason to keep watching it anymore right?
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2018

95 by vadoyager7 »»
May 18, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2018

112 by nanajp »»
Dec 16, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2018

68 by nanajp »»

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2018

104 by nanajp »»

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2018

65 by nanajp »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.