Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 20, 2013 7:53 PM

Oct 2009
Given the talk about Recaps, I have a question I always wondered about but haven't looked into it.

Why are studios even wasting money and effort in making these recaps?(Even if both are low) From a business stand point its point less. To me as a viewer, I rather wait another week for a real episode instead of watching old cut material.

Someone with a join date earlier than me please answer this question. (Or Forum Moderator)
ToilgameshOct 20, 2013 8:00 PM
Oct 20, 2013 8:31 PM

Mar 2010
Tony777 said:
Given the talk about Recaps, I have a question I always wondered about but haven't looked into it.

Why are studios even wasting money and effort in making these recaps?(Even if both are low) From a business stand point its point less. To me as a viewer, I rather wait another week for a real episode instead of watching old cut material.

Someone with a join date earlier than me please answer this question. (Or Forum Moderator)

I joined at later date from you,
But the question has already been answered (many times). You just need to dig and search the answer in this thread or previous threads related to the series.
Oct 20, 2013 8:34 PM
Jul 2012
Why are there so many positive opinions about recaps? I came here to read hatefull comments but see all these. Are people really think that bad work is better than no work at all? Will you pay for it? Will some of you buy a BD with 3 recaps?

I don't get it.
Oct 20, 2013 8:37 PM

Feb 2011
Tony777 said:

This. And Shaft is getting pretty ridiculous now. What is this like the 3rd recap in a 20 something episode series?
いっぺん死んでみる?
Oct 20, 2013 8:55 PM
Jun 2013
Madara31 said:
Just once I'd like to see Koyomi actually hit someone, instead of always getting completely dominated in fights. It got boring after Karen beat him to a pulp.

Can't say I disagree. Whenever he shows up to confront someone, all I know is that he's about to get severely mutilated and then have to be saved by some other character. Kind of annoying. Just like this recap.
Oct 20, 2013 9:00 PM

Jul 2013
I think they're doing recap just to fulfill the episode's quota. It'd probably make them more money too if they do Kanbaru's arc separately.
Oct 20, 2013 9:13 PM

Dec 2011
I did like this recap. Man, I miss long-hair Hitagi so much ;_;

And this shitstorm ROFL
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2013 10:31 PM

Aug 2009
Tony777 said:

Yeah video editing is such a waste of time and money compared to a new ep.....

testlist7 said:
Why are there so many positive opinions about recaps? I came here to read hatefull comments but see all these. Are people really think that bad work is better than no work at all? Will you pay for it? Will some of you buy a BD with 3 recaps?

I don't get it.

I wouldnt buy it anyway.And neither would you right mr.troll account?

Vox_Populi said:
Madara31 said:
Just once I'd like to see Koyomi actually hit someone, instead of always getting completely dominated in fights. It got boring after Karen beat him to a pulp.

Can't say I disagree. Whenever he shows up to confront someone, all I know is that he's about to get severely mutilated and then have to be saved by some other character. Kind of annoying. Just like this recap.
You are missing his character.Thanks.I guess all those "intelligent" series in your favs are just for show.
People complaining about Koyomi not fighting back...THAT is annoying.
Oct 20, 2013 10:44 PM

Mar 2013
Pretty much satisfied since I've seen Senjougahara ♥

"Please be gentle with me tonight." KYAAAAAA ~ ♥
Oct 20, 2013 11:02 PM

Oct 2009
yukaru00 said:
I joined at later date from you,
But the question has already been answered (many times). You just need to dig and search the answer in this thread or previous threads related to the series.

This is what I didn't want, a useless response. Don't get upset, don't take this personally, it is what it is. And no, my question was not answered in this thread or the others. Here I'll give you a break down on what has been said throughout this thread.

1. Stop whining/For Shaft it is necessary deal with it.
My Reply: Telling someone to stop whining while dodging the question/statement makes a lot of sense.

2. Gives the staff more time to polish up coming episodes.
My Reply: So the staff needs more time and yet they waste money, effort and time for the recap. What's your source?

3. Those recaps are being shown for reasons.
My Reply: What's those reasons and your source?

4. For a studio doesn't rush it's work/Shaft has problems.
My Reply: Comparing an episode of SnK to a Recap is ridiculous. Although, you could make a case for Ep.25 not matching the manga. Again what's your source?

5. They need extra episodes to make sure its 2 Cours.
My Reply: This could be a legitimate reason, although there could be enough source material. Also they could slow down on how much they use. Again what's your source?

6. Japanese TV rules.
My Reply: What's your source?

7. It's a bonus episode.
My Reply: This is my favorite response and its very funny. Nothing more to say.

ssjokg said:

This is what I mean, this thread is filled with smart ass answers. Not even going to bother. By the way ssjokg, I don't reply too trolls.
ToilgameshOct 20, 2013 11:47 PM
Oct 20, 2013 11:14 PM

Aug 2009
Yet you did bother not to mention that you ignore the problems the studio has for years(let me guess you want source with that?) and take what you want for answers.
like:4. For a studio doesn't rush it's work/Shaft has problems.
My Reply: Comparing an episode of SnK to a Recap is ridiculous. Although, you could make a case for Ep.25 not matching the manga. Again what's your source?

Remember all that derp animation and and failed cg?No of course not because it helps you whine even more.The recaps give Shaft more time to deal with their animation and visuals.If you CANT figure that out it isnt my problem that you want it spelled out for you.
If you imply that video editing,that nowadays even a single person can do, is a lot of work for a studio then yes we or at least I will reply like that.

And that you think that a tv station can just change their program at the last minute because of the studio's problems is beyond me.Yeah it would make sense to have all the recaps at the end or have nothing at all right?No.

Yes when you can only complain and never stop to think for a bit that makes the other guy a troll.Glad to know.Keep complaining this will probably make the needed recaps go away somehow.
ssjokgOct 20, 2013 11:21 PM
Oct 20, 2013 11:31 PM

Jan 2013
Nothing to say for the recap.
It would be nice if Araragi and the crew dubbed over the scenes. Like a commentary, not necessarily commenting on what's happening on the scene but just having a conversation. Like the directors commentary track over a movie.
Oct 20, 2013 11:46 PM

Mar 2010
Tony777 said:

This is what I didn't want, a useless response. Don't get upset, don't take this personally, it is what it is. And no, my question was not answered in this thread or the others. Here I'll give you a break down on what has been said throughout this thread.

1. Stop whining/For Shaft it is necessary deal with it.
My Reply: Telling someone to stop winning while dodging the question/statement makes a lot of sense.

2. Gives the staff more time to polish up coming episodes.
My Reply: So the staff needs more time and yet they waste money, effort and time for the recap. What's your source?

3. Those recaps are being shown for reasons.
My Reply: What's those reasons and your source?

4. For a studio doesn't rush it's work/Shaft has problems.

5. They need extra episodes to make sure its 2 Cours.
My Reply: This could be a legitimate reason, although there could be enough source material. Also they could slow down on how much they use. Again what's your source?

6. Japanese TV rules.
My Reply: What's your source?

7. It's a bonus episode.
My Reply: This is my favorite response and its very funny. Nothing more to say.

ssjokg said:

This is what I mean, this thread is filled with smart ass answers. Not even going to bother. By the way ssjokg, I don't reply too trolls.

Source for the recaps can be find from the interviews published in Newtype magazine. For legal reasons, those stuff cannot be uploaded here.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-07-11/hanamonogatari-to-be-separate-from-rest-of-monogatari-2nd-season
This is the news excerpt from ANN regarding the Hanamogatari delays.
Start searching those related news and do not be a person that needs to be spoon-fed.

Japanese tv rules; Well, if you watch a lot of stuff from Japan you will get the idea. It is sort of common sense. Unless you don't possess one.
Lemme explain this:
1 cour - 11-13 episodes (lasting for 1 season = 3 months)
2 cours - 24-26 episodes, unless the series broadcast is delayed until the third week of the first month it should be aired--Perfect example is Psycho-Pass
4 cours -50-52 episodes.
Broadcasting companies have their own airing schedules and they are bound to follow those schedules and rules. If episode counts are not enough to fill the whole cour or season, the show will be dropped or delayed until the next season.
I have experienced this while I was working under an animation company previously. Source? Common sense still kicks in if you use your brain a little bit.

--Again, most of the sources are from Newtype and Bessatsu magazines, and from the official 2nd season website.
Edit: This is the source you've been asking for; http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4840747&postcount=303
yukaru00Oct 21, 2013 11:05 AM
Oct 20, 2013 11:55 PM

Jun 2013
It might be a dumb question, but is it me or didn't the end of Nadeko Medusa get aired.

It is made on purpose or did i miss something?
Oct 20, 2013 11:59 PM

Mar 2010
Repliku said:
It might be a dumb question, but is it me or didn't the end of Nadeko Medusa get aired.

Next week, Onimonogatari: Shinobu Time will be aired. After the arc ends, it will most probably followed by another recap episode. The week after that, you will get your dose of Hitagi and the conclusive arc for Nadeko Medusa; Koimonogatari: Hitagi End/Chapter Love.
Oct 21, 2013 3:34 AM

Aug 2009
yukaru00 said:
Repliku said:

Next week, Onimonogatari: Shinobu Time will be aired. After the arc ends, it will most probably followed by another recap episode. The week after that, you will get your dose of Hitagi and the conclusive arc for Nadeko Medusa; Koimonogatari: Hitagi End/Chapter Love.

In other words the ending of Nadeko Medusa is in Hitagi End.

I think it was pretty obvious with those two frames
http://i.imgur.com/JqV5AvO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qqwAmKS.jpg
that the next new ep will be another arc since they appear only at the end of arcs.
Oct 21, 2013 4:55 AM

Jul 2011
Monogatari recaps are the only ones that I like
Oct 21, 2013 5:10 AM
Jul 2012
ssjokg said:

Sadly, but that was my frankly opinion.
I am not trolling here anyway.
Of course I will not buy. It was a question adressed to people which frequently buy anime on BD.
(sorry for misleading structure of sentences)
Oct 21, 2013 5:30 AM

Aug 2009
testlist7 said:
ssjokg said:

Sadly, but that was my frankly opinion.
I am not trolling here anyway.
Of course I will not buy. It was a question adressed to people which frequently buy anime on BD.
(sorry for misleading structure of sentences)

You arent a troll with an account like that?okay...lets believe that for argument's sake.
THere are so many positive comments because people liked them or they simply dont mind waiting.

Also you and every other guy that complains about that dont know if the recaps will be in the BDs.If they are and people still buy them then 1.either they are stupid or 2.They freaking loved it.

They are the only ones who have the right to complain and only after they think that they have been screwed(aka a recap replacing a new ep in a volume)
Oct 21, 2013 6:15 AM

Sep 2012
^^^ As I reported elsewhere, recap #1 WILL be on Tsubasa Tiger volume 2. While not yet listed as they are farther out, this leads me to believe that the other recaps will also be on the future volumes. However, they are listed as bonuses, they are not increasing the price (e.g. Tsubasa cat volume one has 3 episodes and is more expensive but volume two with 3 episodes now, 2 + recap, is still the same 2 episode price). They are NOT replacing episodes in volumes. They were doing 2 volumes per arc anyway, the recaps are just extra bonus footage since there is a lot of empty room on a disc with only 2 episodes on it.
Oct 21, 2013 9:57 AM
Jan 2013
Wtf, is this, another recap?
Oct 21, 2013 10:04 AM

Mar 2010
There will be another recap episode after Onimonogatari, most probably.
So, just take it or leave it.
Oct 21, 2013 10:28 AM

Jan 2012
Oh boy, another recap episode that was made due to unfortunate circumstances that were announced months before, whatever shall I do? Be a reasonable person, and accept the fact that TV stations have their own set of schedules that cannot be fiddled with so easily? Sounds like a good idea. It's not like I'm glad Shaft didn't delayed the new adaptation of a franchise I happen to like, and it's certainly not like I can't wait one more week for the new episode.

On topic though I'm curious what will they recap next time given there's nothing left to recap at this point. I'd like to bet there won't gonna be a recap between Onimono and Koimono, but I imagine they'll just recap S2 up to Onimono before they tackle the final arc of the TV broadcast.
Oct 21, 2013 10:39 AM

Jan 2012
Vaanskylord said:
Tony777 said:

This. And Shaft is getting pretty ridiculous now. What is this like the 3rd recap in a 20 something episode series?

Because newcomers to a popular series will have no clue what is going on. I personally liked the recaps here, it's been ages since I've seen the prequels and it refreshed a lot for me. There will be many people in Japan watching this series on TV for the first time, the recaps are mainly for them, I would guess.
Oct 21, 2013 11:44 AM

Mar 2012
Good job there's a recap to refresh my memory of Nisemono. Shame dat toothbrush wasn't included.

RIP Karen's side ponytail.
Oct 21, 2013 2:20 PM

Aug 2013
TravSavage said:

RIP Karen's side ponytail.

Along with Hanekawa and Senjougahara hair.
Oct 21, 2013 2:43 PM

Sep 2012
yukaru00 said:
I don't mind them but I wonder, what will this one be about now???
Oct 21, 2013 2:56 PM

Mar 2010
hpulley said:
yukaru00 said:
I don't mind them but I wonder, what will this one be about now???

I don't know. Maybe they will recap Nadeko Medusa for continuation sake?
Haha.
Or maybe there will be no more recap after all. We'll see.
Oct 21, 2013 6:42 PM
Jul 2012
hpulley said:
^^^ As I reported elsewhere, recap #1 WILL be on Tsubasa Tiger volume 2. While not yet listed as they are farther out, this leads me to believe that the other recaps will also be on the future volumes. However, they are listed as bonuses, they are not increasing the price (e.g. Tsubasa cat volume one has 3 episodes and is more expensive but volume two with 3 episodes now, 2 + recap, is still the same 2 episode price). They are NOT replacing episodes in volumes. They were doing 2 volumes per arc anyway, the recaps are just extra bonus footage since there is a lot of empty room on a disc with only 2 episodes on it.

It was a new information for me. Ty.
Oct 21, 2013 9:23 PM

Aug 2009
hpulley said:
Thanks.So all this whining is for nothing.
Oct 22, 2013 4:13 PM
Oct 2008
Great recap :D. At first i was a bit disappointed... but they've even put this WTF sentance Hitagi said... ""Be gentle with me tonight" ^^. Also, those recaps are awesome... although it doesn't really differ much from the original episodes...

I guess they want people who haven't seen the first season to watch it too :D.
Oct 22, 2013 4:32 PM

Sep 2012
ssjokg said:
hpulley said:
Well, you can still whine, but not about this LOL

12 discs for 25 actual new episodes is still quite silly expensive. If not for the beautiful covers, end cards, bonus CDs, etc. it wouldn't even be a possible purchase but two covers per girl makes it almost... almost acceptable.
Oct 22, 2013 5:31 PM
Jun 2013
ssjokg said:
You are missing his character.Thanks.I guess all those "intelligent" series in your favs are just for show.

Regardless of the rationalization, which I'm aware of, I still find it annoying. It makes it hard for me to take him seriously and the absurdity and brutality of the conflicts, like him getting his intestines ripped out or being beaten around the city, make me question the true gravity of these encounters.

By the way, I always see people on this site using the shows people favorite to reach conclusions about them. I hope one day you realize how stupid that is.
Vox_PopuliOct 22, 2013 5:36 PM
Oct 22, 2013 9:40 PM

Aug 2009
Vox_Populi said:
ssjokg said:

Regardless of the rationalization, which I'm aware of, I still find it annoying. It makes it hard for me to take him seriously and the absurdity and brutality of the conflicts, like him getting his intestines ripped out or being beaten around the city, make me question the true gravity of these encounters.

By the way, I always see people on this site using the shows people favorite to reach conclusions about them. I hope one day you realize how stupid that is.

Thats how he is when he doenst want to hurt the other side/lets himself get severely hurt FOR REASONS and I HOPE that you realize that the scene with Karen was all Shaft's way to animate it,NOT what was happening.

It is stupid that you ignore a char and call his justified actions stupid after watching series like your favs.

hpulley said:
ssjokg said:
hpulley said:
Well, you can still whine, but not about this LOL

12 discs for 25 actual new episodes is still quite silly expensive. If not for the beautiful covers, end cards, bonus CDs, etc. it wouldn't even be a possible purchase but two covers per girl makes it almost... almost acceptable.
It wasnt me that was crying about the lack of new eps...
Oct 23, 2013 12:56 AM

Mar 2010
Vox_Populi said:

My theory and conclusion is based on what I have read and watch.
And yeah, the reason is as exactly what mugimugi has written above.
If you don't like the way Nisio portrays Araragi as a character, I am very sorry. I doubt he will change Araragi's characteristics at this point. It is not even relevant anymore.
Oct 23, 2013 6:12 AM

Dec 2008
Madara31 said:

^This!

Now's not the time for recaps!! There's a showdown between Medusa and the Araragi gang that I'm wanting to see!!

I actually think Araragi and Shinobu would make a better couple than Araragi and Senjougahara.
Oct 23, 2013 8:50 PM

Aug 2009
GoGo_Dominatrix said:
Madara31 said:

^This!

Now's not the time for recaps!! There's a showdown between Medusa and the Araragi gang that I'm wanting to see!!

I actually think Araragi and Shinobu would make a better couple than Araragi and Senjougahara.

Yes a character killing his little sister and trying to do the same to others is the best thing ever.

Even without recaps you would have to wait for another arc.
Oct 23, 2013 9:47 PM
Jun 2013
ssjokg said:
Vox_Populi said:
ssjokg said:

Thats how he is when he doenst want to hurt the other side/lets himself get severely hurt FOR REASONS and I HOPE that you realize that the scene with Karen was all Shaft's way to animate it,NOT what was happening.

It is stupid that you ignore a char and call his justified actions stupid after watching series like your favs.

I already said I understood the rationalization for his not fighting back. I just still find it annoying. And yes, I'm aware most of the fights are exaggerated in detail, hence why I pointed out that they're absurd in scope...

Where did I say his "justified" actions were stupid? What am I ignoring?
Oct 24, 2013 1:59 AM

Aug 2009
If you dont find it stupid or unreasonable then what exactly annoys you?

If there is no problem with the series then how do you find it annoying?
Oct 24, 2013 7:49 PM
Jun 2013
mugimugi said:
Only the Karen fight was really over the top in the anime. The fight was is also about 30 (didn't count them, but sure felt like that much) pages in the novel.. so still pretty "intense".

I'd say more than that are over top. Against the Kanbaru Monkey his intestines are ripped out and he's swung all over the place as his blood changes from pink, to green, to red. Against Yozuru, he's thrown threw the stories of the abandoned school building and then she punches a hole in his chest. Against Black Hanekawa, she licks his neck and a geyser of blood erupts from it.

I'd consider all these things "over the top" personally.
ssjokg said:

I just get tired of seeing the main character get his ass kicked all the time. I get the necessity of it, but I don't think I have to look forward to Araragi mutilation time.
Oct 25, 2013 1:35 AM

Aug 2009
Vox_Populi said:
mugimugi said:
Only the Karen fight was really over the top in the anime. The fight was is also about 30 (didn't count them, but sure felt like that much) pages in the novel.. so still pretty "intense".

I'd say more than that are over top. Against the Kanbaru Monkey his intestines are ripped out and he's swung all over the place as his blood changes from pink, to green, to red. Against Yozuru, he's thrown threw the stories of the abandoned school building and then she punches a hole in his chest. Against Black Hanekawa, she licks his neck and a geyser of blood erupts from it.

ssjokg said:

I just get tired of seeing the main character get his ass kicked all the time. I get the necessity of it, but I don't think I have to look forward to Araragi mutilation time.

Yes but in none of them was the town destroyed DBZ style.

You are talking as if the MC is super weak and cant even defend against all of them if he wanted to.It isnt even a series were you have to look forward to the battles or to expect something major out of them.
Oct 25, 2013 4:20 PM

Jul 2013
Vox_Populi said:

ssjokg said:

then just wait for kizumonogatari, here he will beat the crap out of everyone
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Oct 25, 2013 5:33 PM

Jun 2013
So will there be a madoka crossover tomorrow as well?
Oct 25, 2013 8:34 PM

Jul 2013
I'm not really sure what they're going to do for the final recap (between Oni and Koi)
But wouldn't it be great if they animated the short stories in one episode?
Tsubasa Song, Hitagi Buffet, and Nadeko Pool etc.
Oct 25, 2013 8:41 PM

Mar 2010
ihusmal1234 said:
I'm not really sure what they're going to do for the final recap (between Oni and Koi)
But wouldn't it be great if they animated the short stories in one episode?
Tsubasa Song, Hitagi Buffet, and Nadeko Pool etc.

I'd prefer the shorts in Koyomimonogatari instead.
Anyway, as the previous slots were filled with recaps, I doubt SHAFT will ever produce the shorts published in the guidebooks.
Oct 26, 2013 10:09 PM

Mar 2009
Nisemonogatari will always be the black sheep of the family for me.
Oct 27, 2013 12:21 AM

Aug 2012
I guess i'm just gonna skip this episode after all.
Oct 27, 2013 10:01 AM

Apr 2012
I just skipped this episode. I don't like recap episodes, I would rather prefer a filler xD
Oct 28, 2013 7:02 AM

Aug 2012
you can never be as awesome brother as Koyomi.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Nov 9, 2013 5:38 AM

Apr 2009
Now it's all of Nisemonogatari in a nutshell. All of the important parts summarized into one episode. It may be a recap with reused animation scenes and sounds once again, but I do appreciate the quick narration by Koyomi. It... works as a recap.

I'm also gonna miss seeing the pretty long hair on both Hitagi and Karen.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

201 by SouthRzVa »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

246 by Dragona_8002 »»
Yesterday, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

418 by SouthRzVa »»
May 25, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2013

296 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 24, 5:17 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Barion-Zara - Nov 8, 2013

122 by SouthRzVa »»
May 23, 8:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.