Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 1, 2009 11:05 PM

Jan 2009
Definetly got the feeling like watching School Days on the pool scene. I hope that Sana doesn't turn out to be a rapist mother fucker.

Imo still nothing interesting so far. Not gonna drop it at this point =/ just gonna watch it till the end.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Apr 23, 2009 4:11 AM

Oct 2008
Whats up with the Knife? I also got a School Days vibe when I saw it. But unlike the others here, I felt School Days built up nicely and had a very suitable ending.

Now, this anime is finally starting to heat up a little. I still CAN'T STAND Aoi's voice btw! It's way too overdone and over-moe. Moe Overload. It's just too much.
Sep 23, 2009 5:51 PM

Nov 2008
I agree with everyone I'm getting flashbacks of Schools Days. Especially with the knife and when they were in the SPA.

I hope this does not turn into that. But I do have to say that I did enjoy School Days. But still I don't want that plot in this anime.

I still don't know why it has a 7 as its rating. I wonder if it is because people are associating it with School Days and maybe some Higurashi and they are just turned off and give it a bad rating.

Higurashi is one of my favorite animes as well.
Sep 28, 2009 2:11 PM

Nov 2007
I love school days (and higurashi even more) so I'm pretty into this animé so far. Especially the pool scene remembered me of SD. I would love to see sana get some relationship with the girl who came late at the trip (forgot her name). I hate nanaka so far.
Oct 6, 2009 6:17 PM

Jun 2009
the knife scene was fairly interesting, and if sana gives shiru another shell and nanaka notices i will drop this rating some
Jan 17, 2010 5:09 AM

Aug 2008
LOL when Aoi-chan hooked herself and showed her pantsu. XD
Mar 5, 2010 2:46 PM
Jul 2018
Even with Nanaka not being all angry about Sana, I could pass on her.

Ria said:
And... I love Aoi. ._. She's so cute! Even her voice isn't as annoying anymore...

Indeed, Aoi>Asami>Shuri>Nanaka

And I'm looking forward to the girl in the preview, she will be going after Shuu? Wow, male side character gets what he deserves :)
May 11, 2010 5:45 PM

Jun 2009
I get the school days vide too ^_^

Nothing stands out too much in this episode(Besides the knife), the twins are more fun like always.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2010 6:32 PM

Nov 2007
yeah the knife and the watch seemed like something bad happened. school days vibes especially since since nanaka reminds me of kotonoha.

a new girl already? harem could be expanding...

why'd the annoying voice girl have to be the hottest in swim suit?

looks went

Aoi > Asami > Shuri > Nanaka. I like Asami so far as she's outdoing Nanaka.... but seems obvious he'll be with Nanaka.
Sep 15, 2010 10:10 PM

Jun 2009
The blood thing was kind of weird, idk there is something weird there.
When Sana gave the rock to nanaka it so cute! Kawaii! She was so happy!
Feb 14, 2011 8:53 AM

Jul 2010
I wonder why Sana was so afraid of the fish blood , and the reason for the watch.
Nice romance with Nanaka though <3 now shes more open to Sana.
Feb 5, 2012 3:22 PM

May 2011
Overall fun episode with a "School Days" vibe (like many have mentioned).

I'm loving the potential drama building up between my 2 favourite female's seiyuus. (Horo vs Nagisa ^^)

The scales in my heart are still swaying.
Mar 4, 2012 6:43 AM
Nov 2011
_k1_ said:
This episode was great... Sana did the right thing a few times, and Nanaka is definitely starting to come around. Very different from School Days where Makoto just did the worst thing possible at every opportunity.

The swimgsuit reactions were also pretty hilariousc(consolation prize!), as was the fishing bit.

My thoughts on Sana:

I was totally thinking the same thing as i watched this episode. It's either that or something else happened with a Knife. Hrms. Does Aoi know I wonder since her parents were told to kind of keep an eye on him?
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Mar 23, 2012 3:34 AM

Jan 2012
talk about clueless viewers freaking out about school days vibes... no wonder 90% of the ratings on this site is so inaccurate

freaking out seeing a bloody knife
+
always wearing watch
=
hiding scar from cutting his wrist

no spoiler because that's just my prediction/observation from those obvious clues
Apr 4, 2012 7:33 AM

Nov 2011
I love this anime already, I can see the yandere in her!! =D.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Jul 18, 2012 7:54 PM

Jun 2012
Cute episode, im starting to like this more and more. Im really curious to why he was reacting so strongly to the blood on the knife. I guess this is going to get darker soon, it is a drama.
Aug 14, 2012 12:38 AM

Nov 2011
Ugh, Aoi is killing me
cyruz said:

And what the hell was that bloody knife and Sana's reaction about?! School Days corrupted me... I'm curious about that now.

This too. I know this is foreshadowing, but what made School Days have such an impact was the sudden explosion from out of nowhere. If show is literally ZOOMING INto the knife, that's almost ruining the surprise.

I'm guessing the watch is covering a self inflicted knife wound. Sana trying to cut himself. And these phone calls from mom are the most ominous thing right now, I'm guessing that's an important hint too.

Wager: Nanaka stabs the other girl or Sana stabs Nanaka.
Sep 7, 2012 4:35 AM

Jun 2012
Lol as soon as i saw the same mirror i was like (FACEPALM!) and started smirking at his intense dumbassness.....and I know i'm kinda late but even before reading the synopsis of this anime and anything else I got the School Days Vibe because of the picture for the anime that's in the anime info page....and when i started the first episode i though nanaka looked similar to kotonoha lol...and now at sana acting so indifferent towards nanaka and making nanaka feel happyt then sad then happy again makes me get more of the school days vibe lol....i thought i was the only one being crazy but it seems many people thought that as well
Dec 2, 2012 1:45 AM

Feb 2011
Idk why the fuck they're so obsessed in showing off Aoi's body . It gets annoying .
Feb 23, 2013 4:34 PM

Jan 2013
Blehhh, I don't like the character interactions
Apr 19, 2013 12:22 PM

May 2012
Really great episode, I wonder what happened and why he reacted so fierce with that blooded knife/watch... but damn the pace sure is great, I really starting to like this series.

Good so far but I wonder if there will be any proper relationship development between any of the girls and if so which girl he'll choose!

Fantastic episode, lets see what's next!
Mar 25, 2014 10:14 PM

Mar 2014
I feel bad for Nanaka but maybe if she wasn't so cold to Sana in the beginning.. he wouldn't have met Hoshino...

And I'm feeling some weird vibes from this! He reacted very strangely to that bloody knife and I wonder what the deal with the watch is?

I always feel very ominous too when he talks to his mother on the phone...

Hmm!!
Jun 9, 2014 9:34 PM

May 2013
It is always interesting when MCs have odd backstories. I wonder what the hell happened to Sana.
Sep 14, 2014 12:53 AM

Oct 2013
This is getting interesting, I'm curious to see every ones back story.

I felt a really sad pain watching Nanaka being left in the dust and Sana just being completely clueless..
Jun 18, 2015 1:32 PM

Dec 2012
I think it's safe to say we averted another School Days considering Sana didn't become a full blown sex fiend at the water park. The bloody knife kind of threw me off as well, it was a bit unsettling to see the fish getting gutted. I can only start to guess at what it means to Sana as well as the watch.

I'm kind of enjoying Nanaka's jealousy, trying to maintain her composure while losing it over Sana is cute. It at least confirms that she doesn't resent him for leaving or the like.
Aug 15, 2015 2:14 AM

Jan 2014
What freaking happened to Sana in the last 5 years? A bloody knife that awakens bad memories... that part was really unsettling, because it really wasn't expected.

I too had School Days' reminiscence during the SPA part, but glad it didn't turned out like that, meaning a perverted thoughts festival.

Wondering the secret behind Sana's past and the reason Nanaka is angry at him.
Sep 15, 2015 5:37 AM

Jan 2014
cyruz said:
And what the hell was that bloody knife and Sana's reaction about?! School Days corrupted me... I'm curious about that now.
HAHAHA, I was thinking about that too xD
Yeah, the art style resembles the School Days' one, so I'm scared, too xD

Anyway, I really felt Nanako-chan and I really hope she's going to be fine :')
Sep 15, 2015 12:14 PM

Oct 2013
... So Sana is yet another clueless MC after all...

seriously, there was a good three moments in this episode I had to pause it, facepalm, and regain my composure. The first of those moments being when Sana said he invited Asami, and the second him having purchased the same mirror for Asami as he purchased for Nanaka. dude...

That said, I enjoyed this episode a lot. This show's picking up quickly. I like the twins especially.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 10, 2016 8:37 AM

Mar 2015
When Hoshino brought dessert before Nanaka, I was like "OHHHHHH"

Surely, Sana is closer to become Makoto the Second.

Nanaka School swimsuit turned me on <3

3.5/5, not bad.
Sep 19, 2016 4:44 AM

Dec 2014
well I have to say....things are progressing steadily but surely... I still feel that there is a dark past of Sana somewhere
Dec 20, 2016 9:01 PM

Feb 2014
Sana is quite the braindead romance anime protagonist alright. But at least he kind of redeemed himself towards the end.
Feb 15, 2019 12:05 AM

Feb 2018
Look like delicious the cake xD.
Nov 23, 2019 11:12 AM

Aug 2018
Nice fishing session, lol.. ;p
Blood stained knives are.. scary?.. Hm.. I wonder, if it's some random thing, or maybe Sana experienced something in the past..
And now clock adds to mysterious things.. Clock.. Blood stained knife.. Not blooming Sakura trees..
I can't help, but feel a bit weary about Hoshino Asami.. I still don't really understand her character, and for some reason I'm uneasy.. Maybe she is indeed just polite nice girl, and that's her personality.. But I'm not sure..
Why no Aoi in Ending, though.. She is more of a love interest for now than Shuri is, probably.. ;p But well, maybe it has to do something with original Visual Novel or something..
Jan 15, 2020 3:28 PM

Aug 2017
Time to lay the pipe on Nanaka. Something going on here with Hoshino and the spooky knife, interesting
Mar 30, 2020 5:39 PM

Jan 2013
if it werent for the voice and the over exaggerated childlike clumsiness, Aoi would be such a good glue character.

yup with the two big hints that was shown with the knife and watch, i understand why the mom would call the dude every now and then

at least Nanaka mellowed down for now...good thing that other girl being invited didnt really disrupt things
Oct 15, 2021 9:54 AM

Aug 2017
Yup, definitely seems like something happened in the past, wonder what.

And Aoi did something good with that inviting(unintentionally, but still), credit where credit's due.
Nov 1, 2023 10:13 AM
Oct 2023
I thought this episode showed limited progress if any at all. It's like a lot tried to happen but in reality nothing did happen so the episode ended up being almost pointless. The exact rating for the episode goes from 1.5 to 2.5 thanks to the panty slip. Normally I round up but in this case I'm rounding down due to the fact that I don't think this episode earned a forgiving 3/5. That 3/5 rating is Myself;Yourself's rating through three episodes. Three episodes with three different ratings; none of them 5/5. Here's hoping episode four is an improvement!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

radiantfire - Dec 26, 2007

283 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 3, 2023 11:49 AM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Dec 19, 2007

65 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 3, 2023 11:01 AM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

radiantfire - Dec 12, 2007

166 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 3, 2023 10:07 AM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Dec 5, 2007

115 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 2, 2023 4:56 PM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Nov 28, 2007

61 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 2, 2023 4:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.