Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 2, 2013 10:16 PM

Feb 2013
PhoenixIce said:
KaiserNazrin said:
PhoenixIce said:
stgzlg said:
AlexTheRiot said:
Shoko balled up..was hoping Haruto would take L-Elf's deal, but whatever they'll ask him for help once they realize that module is fucked lol

i seriously hope u are right..... i'm really trying to like this anime, like really. but i having mix feelings the whole idea of independent nation from a bunch of highschool kids is kind a crazy

i'm hoping something like they find out how fucked they are now since they will run out of supplies in a matter of days and. but again, i see why the story is different if valrave was taken under army, this would just be gundam seed.

i want to keep my mind as open as possible for a unique story line but after all what made animes such as code geass and gundam 00 so epic was the cruel reality scenario they made

even tho i give the anime a 8/10 up till now, i have to give this ep a 5/10

Lelouch was a high school kid and he ran the entire country of Japan

Not like Lelouch is one hell of a genius tactician or anything.

It's alright because god-like EruElf is a genius tactician that can predict the future

That's honestly why I think L-11's plan will be the right course to take in the end. I think he laughed at the end because he realized how preposterous the students' plan was.

I guarantee that L-11 and Haruto will eventually form a pact. This supposed independent nation of 480 students isn't going to last long. You can't support that many pampered students who have never seen war in their lives without everything going completely down the crapper. Especially with only two adults, one injured and the other a complete ditz.
May 2, 2013 10:30 PM
Jul 2018
Sigh...I had a feeling they might go the independent school nation route. At any rate I hope this doesn't surpass Guilty Crown.

On a more positive note, i'm thoroughly convinced Shouko is the best designed girl of the season.
May 2, 2013 10:35 PM
Jan 2008
Irenesharda said:
PhoenixIce said:
KaiserNazrin said:
PhoenixIce said:
stgzlg said:
AlexTheRiot said:
Shoko balled up..was hoping Haruto would take L-Elf's deal, but whatever they'll ask him for help once they realize that module is fucked lol

i seriously hope u are right..... i'm really trying to like this anime, like really. but i having mix feelings the whole idea of independent nation from a bunch of highschool kids is kind a crazy

i'm hoping something like they find out how fucked they are now since they will run out of supplies in a matter of days and. but again, i see why the story is different if valrave was taken under army, this would just be gundam seed.

i want to keep my mind as open as possible for a unique story line but after all what made animes such as code geass and gundam 00 so epic was the cruel reality scenario they made

even tho i give the anime a 8/10 up till now, i have to give this ep a 5/10

Lelouch was a high school kid and he ran the entire country of Japan

Not like Lelouch is one hell of a genius tactician or anything.

It's alright because god-like EruElf is a genius tactician that can predict the future

That's honestly why I think L-11's plan will be the right course to take in the end. I think he laughed at the end because he realized how preposterous the students' plan was.

I guarantee that L-11 and Haruto will eventually form a pact. This supposed independent nation of 480 students isn't going to last long. You can't support that many pampered students who have never seen war in their lives without everything going completely down the crapper. Especially with only two adults, one injured and the other a complete ditz.

Or perhaps it was because something he couldn't predict, bet the Valvrave can defy all predictions , but that's gonna be hella cliche
May 2, 2013 10:41 PM

Jun 2011
why do i get the feeling that L-Elf is gonna r*pe Shoko or at least attempt to
May 2, 2013 10:44 PM

Jul 2012
Valvrave takes comedy of the season, this episode had me laughing from beginning to end.

Did anybody else think of this episode of Spongebob after watching this?

Num1dad_AsuraMay 3, 2013 2:30 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
May 2, 2013 11:12 PM

May 2012
Bloodstained cockpit.

Dai pinchi desu!

What's with that Beeburr?

school anthem lol

Andeedo Baito!

Shoko's gonna become the Empress. LOL.

DOKURITSU! DOKURITSU! DOKURITSU!

This season rocks.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 2, 2013 11:37 PM

Mar 2013
Every time I think I have a good idea of where the series is gonna go, they do stuff like this. Well played Sunrise.
May 2, 2013 11:38 PM

Jan 2011
bastek66 said:

HAHAHA that was unexpected but funny.
[center]
May 2, 2013 11:38 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode.
May 2, 2013 11:44 PM
Jun 2011
KaiserNazrin said:
Nooooooo, that woman ruined ERU-ERUFU prediction! She should've stayed dead.

They are pretty naive if they think bunch of students can run an independent country.

agree 100%
We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars

May 2, 2013 11:57 PM

Nov 2007
Entertainment. :D
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 3, 2013 12:10 AM

Mar 2013
bastek66 said:

haha, I dont realize it either,, but still funny :)
May 3, 2013 12:14 AM
Dec 2012
To the people out there complaining about how they cut the school off from supplies/oxygen/etc. I would venture that Shoko and the students have a pretty good understanding of how the modules sustain themselves, or I'm absolutely certain someone in the crowd would be bright enough to object to the separation plan. The scene of the Valvrave cutting off what basically looks like a bunch of support beams validates the theory that each module is able to be sustained independently. This makes sense when you think about how the progression of space habitation would develop, each station acting independently then coming together to form a large super station over a long period time. I'm sure they're going to have some sort of supply issues, but they can always threaten the two nations with the act of joining the other side to give them some supplies from the time. I'll be interesting to see how this develops.
May 3, 2013 12:18 AM

Feb 2011
Amazing battle scenes as always :) Yeah Shoko is great on this episode. I have to agree that she's lovable on this episode.
May 3, 2013 12:25 AM

Nov 2007
rioraze said:
bastek66 said:

This anime wouldn't be half as entertaining if you aren't watching gg subs lol.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 3, 2013 12:29 AM

Apr 2013
This reminded me of Guilty Crown, in a bad way. Theres no great animation or OST to save the day so if it continues to be that way.. drop it like its hot!
May 3, 2013 12:35 AM

Apr 2009
Lol I love this show, it certainly isn't bland like some other ones I'm watching this season. At first I thought Shouko felt too much like your average high school girl but this episode proved she's fittingly mad for the anime.

I wonder what L-Elf is going to do next since he was !foiled in this ep :D
May 3, 2013 1:01 AM

Jul 2009
I could be mistaken, but I think Shoko said she was going to commit seppuku in order to convince them, not just strip. And that, would've been even more hardcore.

Now, let's see how a population of 98% students will manage how to run their own state. Food, energy, and all that will be rather interesting to watch them prepare.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

May 3, 2013 1:39 AM

Oct 2012
I'm with Eruuu Errrffff(L-Elf), Shoko's a bitch. I have never hated an anime character like her before, she completely fucks up the story how I want it to go. First she trolls us by being alive, then she got in the way of L-Efl's plan.
May 3, 2013 1:47 AM

Sep 2008
Wait. Da fuq?
A bunch of kids with 1 mecha want to run independent county and stand-up to two whole nations with dozens of warships? They're stupid.
Sure, their mecha is most advanced, but they've got no engineers to upgrade their weapons further, no production facilities to produce new weapons, no reliable food source now that they're separated from the rest of JIOR etc.

Shoko just doomed all of them with her speech.
Or at least that's how it would be in a real-world situation. In anime world they're going to be unstoppable force capable of changing entire universe.
Now, some other shows had that already, but it was done WAY better. It just sounds retarded in this one.

This show just got a lot worse.

But that Moses line. Priceless. I'm sure to quote it in some random MMORPG one day :D
nina4lifeMay 3, 2013 1:51 AM
May 3, 2013 2:22 AM

Dec 2012
Shih said:
Someone found... μ's from Love Live.

LOl, this alone can get a +1 for my final rating.
May 3, 2013 2:35 AM

Dec 2011
How large is these modules?

Seeing that the Dyson Sphere circumvent a star (sun?) then it would be extremely large, I wouldn't be surprised if a module is of equal size with Australia

Of course these modules have their own life support system and can run independently of other modules
May 3, 2013 2:42 AM

Sep 2012
bastek66 said:

Best part of this episode
May 3, 2013 2:42 AM

Apr 2011
lol @ Love Live cameos.

Oh gawd. I am reminded of Guilty Crown. Sigh
May 3, 2013 3:32 AM

May 2009
wakka9ca said:
-gg interpretation of Moses

It's not gg's he said it.
May 3, 2013 3:38 AM

Dec 2012
I see 4 more robots in the opening, so I guess the students will dig them up within the Academy soon. Each pilot may have other super-human abilities beside Haruto's body snatcher. With a complete set of 5 Mecha Sentais and super-human pilots, they are fully capable of defending themselves. Thus, I don't think the initial idea to go independent would be a bad one.

Sunrise shows are always crazy but entertaining xD
May 3, 2013 3:44 AM

Mar 2012
I will turned off my brain a bit to enjoy this. And I like how Haruto using his body surfer ability to the fullest. And another thing is that Hikikomori rather extreme.

Who knows that your girlfriend is president daugther? I guess I need to finish My Girlfriend is the President now.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 3, 2013 3:54 AM

Aug 2008
Oj boy, so many lousily written shows this season. Is logic and coherence really so out of fashion now? Seriously, high school comedy makes the most sense out of series I'm following this season...
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 3, 2013 4:14 AM

Feb 2013
That was a pretty disturbing explosion with that guy who went into the Valvrave and exploded...

Well hoorah, they've gotten somewhere in the plot. You're gonna fall in love with Shouko more, Haruto. I like how she has a strong personality, not the helpless chick in the story. The high school president is kinda wEaK -.-'

I love you L-elf ^>^ I still think of how you are the same person just in a different anime of Ledo from Suisei no Gargantia :3
May 3, 2013 4:33 AM
Dec 2012
"You're an adult, aren't you ashamed?"
"Because I'm an adult I'm not" or something along those lines, anyways the point being it made me laugh I'm going to use that excuse from now on.

Hmmm this episode I can't tell if I liked or hated. I actually like the idea of the independent nation thing, when people are pushed against the wall they will side with anyone and anything that seems to know a way out no matter how out scaled the proposition is, so that's understandable. Ahah.

However for some reason, and I don't know why, but this episode made me get mmmm, annoyed? with Shoko. Yes, I tip my hat for summing up the balls to take the stage when no one else did and think of SOMETHING, but for some odd reason it was irritating me. Hmmm

Like I said a love hate relationship with this episode in my opinion.

PS: I didn't want him to team up with L-Elf to be honest, I mean yes I do want them to work together but in this episode I was NO, YOU'RE NOT TEAMING UP WITH HIM! yet...

PPS: I still love this anime, and the ending theme, "boku janai, boku janai, boku janai"
May 3, 2013 4:50 AM
Mar 2010
So, Haruto carried out his country in valrave arms ... literally. o.o
May 3, 2013 4:53 AM

Mar 2013
ThangLong said:
I see 4 more robots in the opening, so I guess the students will dig them up within the Academy soon. Each pilot may have other super-human abilities beside Haruto's body snatcher. With a complete set of 5 Mecha Sentais and super-human pilots, they are fully capable of defending themselves. Thus, I don't think the initial idea to go independent would be a bad one.

Sunrise shows are always crazy but entertaining xD

May 3, 2013 5:08 AM

Jun 2011
This show mostly reminds me of Guilty Crown because it manages to make me grit my teeth in annoyance at the story/writing/characters (quicker to say most things) quite a lot, but even though it pisses me off quite often it still somehow manages to be entertaining. It is a train wreck for sure but it is another entertaining train wreck just like Guilty Crown and i can safely say i will probably finish watching it all the way to the end.

Also i tend to remember that scene from the end of episode 2 a lot where Haruto is crying saying that he cant confess to Shouko because "monsters don't have feelings" (he says while crying). I still get a good inside laugh from that.

When she turned around and did the peace sign to Haruto is was just waiting for L-elf to shoot her from behind, to bad he did not i would be fine if she just died there. There is something about her i really don't like, also Haruto still has the superior Saki in reserve as a love interest hell i would rather he paired up with that Marie girl instead rather than Shouko. Though monsters don't have feelings apparently said the crying Haruto so it will be a while before (if any) romantic progress happens.

Shouko is just going to be one of those annoying characters that are forever running away from the group and either running right into danger or putting themselves in danger and still somehow not end up dead.
DragoonDeusMay 3, 2013 5:19 AM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
May 3, 2013 5:26 AM

Dec 2012
The student council's president's sister was a real genius. Even the ARUS state of the art communication system was lose on her hand. But, it seems she is afraid of people.

The stupid thing in this episode = if you want to win an argument, just get naked. Really? How come?

I have seen that coming. ARUS is just another bad guys just like DORSSIA. Both of them just greed for power.

Surprise, surprise. Shoko is the daughter of JIOR's president.

I wonder how will the country of high schooler will survive. We will see!

Ghaleonlt said:
So, Haruto carried out his country in valrave arms ... literally. o.o

Yeah. What an advance robot.

pp813 said:
That was a pretty disturbing explosion with that guy who went into the Valvrave and exploded...

Well hoorah, they've gotten somewhere in the plot. You're gonna fall in love with Shouko more, Haruto. I like how she has a strong personality, not the helpless chick in the story. The high school president is kinda wEaK -.-'

I love you L-elf ^>^ I still think of how you are the same person just in a different anime of Ledo from Suisei no Gargantia :3

The explosion reminds me of how someone in old divesuit can be just like that if the suit has a malfunction.

I have never thought of that! Now that I think about it, L-Elf and Ledo are quite similar indeed.
I like anime.
May 3, 2013 5:47 AM

Jan 2012
ERU ERUFU LAUGHED xD

i wonder what will happen to their country :3
. . .
So stripping means not lying huh,
men should do them too xD
. . .
May 3, 2013 6:05 AM

Dec 2012
I don't know about anyone else but I thought that episode was hilarious, their solution is basically "Let's take the dyson sphere, and push it somewhere else"
May 3, 2013 6:09 AM

May 2010
This show would have been great if L-Elf is the one who gets Valvrave instead of that pussy looking son of a b.tch

May 3, 2013 6:15 AM

May 2010
Raikomyth said:
bastek66 said:

Best part of this episode

Lol I didn't notice this part because I got distracted by that lame ass MC(who I hoped just stay dead instead becoming a f.cking vampire)
May 3, 2013 6:50 AM

Jun 2011
nice episde
May 3, 2013 6:54 AM
Aug 2012
Well there goes another episode. I am liking Haruto and Shouko more and more. One just outright refused L-elf and the other just slapped him (not literally though) in the face. People still hating those two must be wrong in the head.

L-elf doesn't know the peace sign. Well i guess freaks doesn't know anything normal other than killing. He said "We are on different wavelengths!!!"

Me: Duh! You attacked him without any reason, attacked their school, stabbed him and shot him multiple times and now you are taking his friends hostage..................and you think he will listen to you without saying anything!!! He is not a killing machine. Use some common sense for once.

First, Haruto outright refused him. Then Shouko ruined his plan right then and there. Those two really ruined his so called predictions/prophecies for once at least. In your face L-elf!!! And Haruto is learning to use his powers better. But no super-strength though.

The idea isn't bad about being an independent state but the idea won't work in the long run. But for the time being it will give them some breathing space and to think thing through. But still i wonder how many people predicted that? The domes should be self-sufficient but let's wait until the next episode.

Other than that, some nice action scene. The armors have different types of attack so it was nice to watch. I guess i am the only one who liked Valvrave's new weapon.............that thing looked AWESOME. A semi-automatic rifle with two daggers/swords and a scythe attachment. And he cut the connection while dodging gunfire from 4 of those huge armors. People still say that he is lame!!!

Can't wait for the other Valvraves to show up. I still think they are different suits rather than being different forms. The AI is deadly even though she has a cute smile. Don't try to pilot Valvrave without her permission or you will literally blow up from the inside!!!

May 3, 2013 7:05 AM

Jan 2013
This is grade A comedy show. I don't care if it was supposed to be or not but it's hilarious. Two options for them to make this show end really well,

A. Have reality crash down on them.
B. Keep up the hilarity, the path they're likely to go but I'm not too sure if they can get it work. If anyone can though, Moses can.
May 3, 2013 7:16 AM
Dec 2012

I just hold my breath waiting for her to be shot or something because it seems like she basically raise her death flag lol, though nothing happened. I'm guessing in the second season, Valvrave will somehow be mass-produced just like in Gundam 00 second season :3
May 3, 2013 7:16 AM

Sep 2011
Now I've seen it all.

1. Guy thinks the girl he loves is dead, and pilots a mecha
2. Piloting mecha causes him to gain abnormal powers
3. Kids going to govern a state

What else could they throw at me LOL.

Grade A Comedy indeed.
May 3, 2013 7:21 AM
Sep 2012
Someone please edit the database and put a comedy tag in this show.
May 3, 2013 7:27 AM

Dec 2012
Tyrel said:
Now I've seen it all.

Grade A Comedy indeed.

Many plot elements were laid around. It's like looking at all the Mecha anime I have ever watched lol. Therefore, there are many directions this anime can go, and it's hard to predict what would happen next xD
May 3, 2013 7:28 AM

Sep 2011
ThangLong said:
Tyrel said:
Now I've seen it all.

Grade A Comedy indeed.

There are many plot elements that were laid around. It's like looking at all the Mecha anime I have ever watched lol. Therefore, there are many directions this anime can go, it's hard to predict what would happen next xD

Yeah this show is pretty much like Hataraku Maou-sama, it surprises me every way possible..
May 3, 2013 7:32 AM

Mar 2010
I was laughing my ass off watching this ep.

A fucking masterpiece of a comedy.

10/10
May 3, 2013 7:39 AM

Feb 2013
We know near to nothing about how these modules work and people are already jumping the gun and saying that it's a suicide move.

There is nothing difficult in governing a small community like that. The only difficulty would be the negotiations with Dorssians and Arus. As long as valvrave prove to be a huge military advantage to the side that obtains it, I don't see Arus or Dorssia acting rashly. Remember priority number 1 when Dorssia invaded Jior.
May 3, 2013 8:13 AM

Oct 2007
shanimebib said:
rioraze said:
bastek66 said:

This anime wouldn't be half as entertaining if you aren't watching gg subs lol.

Yes cause blatantly inaccurate subs are so hilarious and totally help you get a real grasp of what's actually going on and being said.

No seriously the show itself does plenty fine at mixing action and tongue in cheek bits that I don't need their rather obvious 4chan inspired "comedy and liberties" to "enhance" the vibe of the show. That's just never been what anime has been about for me and how I feel it is best watched. I didn't like it back in the 90's when American dubbing companies hacked up and censored the crap out of shows with Americanized scripts and inserted some of their own punny lines and I don't care for it when gg does it either. I've long since switched to horriblesubs for my actual long term impressions on the show.-
May 3, 2013 8:33 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode showing a plot always very interesting and a narrative that becomes more intriguing and compelling points, but that exaggerates as in the previous episode with the ending! Now the fun is figuring out how they will make ends meet! Shoko and his speech, are the best part of the whole episode. See the angry face of L-elf, is priceless XD
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

473 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 13, 7:02 AM

» is it good?

me_good - Mar 24, 2016

2 by RudeRedis »»
Jan 20, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

432 by neeJay »»
Mar 17, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

676 by Catalano »»
Nov 13, 2021 12:09 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 16, 2013

270 by Catalano »»
Oct 6, 2021 11:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.