Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Baccano! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 27, 2011 7:30 PM

Feb 2009
Firo is a pretty interesting guy! I wonder how he will become immortal.

The whole thing just makes me want to watch the next episode now!
VeethornApr 27, 2011 7:36 PM
May 19, 2011 4:48 PM

Jan 2010
This is one of my favourite episodes. Loved the part with Ladd and Lua dancing
"You can kill me right here and now, why wait?"
This duo is total S&M to a T.
Jul 18, 2011 11:29 PM

Feb 2010
alright episode... didn't think it was the best so far.. but I'm a minority in that... lol
Aug 21, 2011 7:29 PM

Apr 2008
Definitely confused with the first two eps, but this was fun.

The information broker at the beginning was epic
Firo is a total badass
Issac and Miria are still hilarious

Really good show 8/10 from me right now, its probably going to be a 9 i can just feel it :) I loved Durarara and this show feels just like it (i know same creator, same studio, same type of opening theme)
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Oct 19, 2011 3:42 AM

Mar 2011
This is so awesome. I'm loving this anime. Too bad I got to go to college now, I want to watch episode 4!
Oct 24, 2011 1:52 AM

Jan 2011
Just one more episode before I go to bed...I have to start watching earlier in the evening.....
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 4, 2011 4:15 PM

Jul 2010
Ahaha. Awesome!
Are the guys Firo beat up Dallas' group? I've watching like up to ep. 5 before, but I forgot everything and hated the show because I couldn't understand xD. But now it's amazing!!

Ugh, I wish SO much that I had Firo's skills. He's crazy crazy CRAZY good!
I just started karate, and I can't do anything good yet D: I can't wait till I can beat peoples up like Firo *-*
Jan 6, 2012 2:34 AM

Sep 2010
After watching those 3 episodes, I feel like I want more...
Mar 29, 2012 10:38 AM

Mar 2012
Get on the ground, put your hands in the air, stay still! XD
Apr 6, 2012 2:01 AM

Mar 2012
It is sad that that old scientist left that mouse in the fire...
Apr 6, 2012 2:05 AM

Jan 2011
Good thing it can't die
Apr 17, 2012 7:53 PM

Jan 2012
Firo is such a badass!
May 6, 2012 6:55 PM

Nov 2011
Not bad so far =P.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Jun 8, 2012 5:58 PM

Nov 2011
That kid was so badass and lol'd @ Miria's reaction at the gunfest.
Jul 16, 2012 3:35 PM

May 2012
The beginning of this anime didn't really interested me but now its getting slightly better, let's see how it proceeds :D
Aug 25, 2012 6:15 AM

Aug 2012
Good episode, but there is so much crap unexplained it's a bit awkward to fully enjoy what's going on.
3/5

Sep 4, 2012 6:25 PM

Jul 2011
im still trying to get all the names down but its so many people!! but lol at the hyjacking scene and the scene with the information people!! hilarious
Oct 5, 2012 3:17 PM
Jul 2012
Good episode.
Firo is pretty good at fighting. He is awesome.
I thinking the yellow hair with a tatoo over his face is evil.
4/5 some boring parts to it.
Oct 6, 2012 3:31 PM
Jul 2009
Was getting much more interesting towards the end. 3/5

Dec 3, 2012 1:58 PM

Apr 2012
Still kinda confused... but it's slowly coming together!

Lol'd at the guy who wanted to hijack the train with nothing but a knife and had to back off in the face of an armed guy. Lesson learned!

And poor Jacuzzi, he still think it's the Train Tracer who're behind the trouble XD
Dec 3, 2012 4:52 PM

Apr 2012
The scene near the end was hilarious, three ambushes at once. lol
I felt bad for the people on the train though....
Jan 25, 2013 7:27 AM

Feb 2011
This is so awesome xD I have to watch the dubs since they come in more handy
Feb 24, 2013 6:30 AM

Nov 2012
That ambush was classic, with Nick apologizing and leaving. Firo seems real cool too.

But damn, Jacuzzi in that last scene made me go 'aww' on so many levels.
Mar 25, 2013 10:39 AM

Jan 2013
Interesting series so far with an original plot. It's a little to gory for my taste however. As others have said Miria and Issac are hilarious
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
May 28, 2013 2:13 AM
Jul 2018
So much going on with so little context. It's good so far, i'm interested to know what's going on with the immortal people how this is all connected. But, i'd only give it a 7/10 at this point.
Jun 15, 2013 3:49 AM
Nov 2012
my fav part when three people try to hijack a train dining room and one of them is only with a knife.
Jul 20, 2013 7:21 PM
Jul 2018

Tension rising up in the Flying Pussyfoot!
Oh yeah. Daily Days workers are surely terrifying. O___o
Jul 28, 2013 10:21 PM

Jul 2013
FLYING PUSSYFOOT lmaoooooooo. that is all.
Aug 5, 2013 4:22 PM

Jul 2009
amazing episode!!!

soo many heists!!!!

Daily Days being an information broker as well as having tons of guns :P

Red Hair girls are the best!!!

Poor Nick, he doesn't what kind of message Nice gave to him XD

Miria is funny as always XD

the series is soo brutal and violent at the same time O__O

awesome stuff! now we get to see how the Fling Pussyfoot train crashes :P
Aug 5, 2013 4:23 PM

Oct 2012
great episode and show overall! Gotta love Firo~
Aug 12, 2013 4:32 PM

Apr 2013
"I assume you're calling me 'kid', which is funny 'cause watching you jerks, I've started missing the sandbox."

Christ, I'm quite a fan of Firo.. Hope he gets more screentime later on, but I have a feeling he won't :[
Aug 24, 2013 4:17 AM

Aug 2012
Flying Pussyfoot is chased by Rail Tracer.
This anime is bloody hilarious.
Sep 23, 2013 4:12 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

The third episode logically, it should open the ball and explain things better, instead it remains for now, as opposed to what you might think, most tangled of the above. This does not help people like me who started the series without reading the synopsis. So, I suggest you do is to perplexity that pervaded before the viewer, will fade completely, even if you will leave a bit of bitterness in the mouth. Having said that, I acknowledge the excellent design and great characterization, seen so far in a few souls, as the large number of characters that makes the souls, even more attractive. Maximum grade on the basis of what
Nov 15, 2013 2:05 AM

Aug 2012
Awesomeness. Not really confusing as the previous eps.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Nov 30, 2013 10:45 PM

May 2013
The scene where that guy accidentally light his glove on fire was funny. Firo was the main highlight of this episode. The story really picked up at the pacing at the ending of this episode.
Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a problem.
Dec 17, 2013 7:40 AM

Oct 2013
I'm loving every second of this sh*t
Feb 5, 2014 1:42 AM

Dec 2010
Yeah, Daily Days and Firo were cool, but I still have no idea what's going around =\
Feb 8, 2014 7:24 AM

Jun 2012
this episode was pretty cool but i find it hard to find out what is going on but it seems i am not the only one having trouble.

it's weird that they jump to different times in the episode but for some reason i like it that way but it makes it harder to understand since i cant remember what happened in what year already anymore but maybe that is unneeded to understand this anime later on.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Mar 3, 2014 10:50 AM

Oct 2013
Kayrhandros said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lesson number one - don't go asking for trouble in an information shop.

Lesson number two - don't underestimate "kids" with hats.

Lesson number three - try not to hijack a railway car if it's already being hijacked, specially if you only have a knife :P

Anyway, nice ep. Yet another very interesting character - Ladd Russo. Can't wait to see more of him in the next ep. We get to see the scientist who developed the "elixir of immortality". If he only saved 2 bottles I wonder why are there so many immortal people, and what event made them be so.

That was the best way to put that episode!
*Claps*
Mar 14, 2014 11:58 AM

Feb 2013
Firo is so badass.
Things are starting to make sense. I really like how each of the character's plot intertwines with each other.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Mar 29, 2014 8:16 PM
Jun 2013
Im getting kinda annoyed with all the plot hoping. Im guessing the rest of the show is like this.
Mar 29, 2014 9:17 PM
Mar 2014
It gets better. episode 7 is one huge info dump, and 9 starts pulling all the scattered scenes together.

It's easier to understand the show to understand that the scenes aren't technically being jumbled, they're just moving from character perspective to character perspective, neatly averting that part about people remembering things they weren't around for common in other shows.

On the other hand, the books generally only focus on 1 main plotline, seen from the perspective of nearly all named characters involved, while the anime is mixing 3 main plotlines and only having enough time to get a handful of character perspectives.

Some of which are actually very important for character development but were left out (but were still assumed to have happened leading to a few awkward scenes that seem contrived but if all the information had been made available would've made perfect, realistic sense).

It's still a decent show, but only 2 characters REALLY get fleshed out for development by the end, and most of the fan favorites get glossed over and come off as one dimensional.

Baccano really needs 26-35 episodes to even begin to do justice to all the plot-lines involved (and IMO just needs to be rebooted and take each book in release order and move forward from there, similar to how the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure's reboot has been handled).

------------------

If the anime bothers you, I'd instead recommend the books. They're still told anachronistically due the way each account is based on someone's perception of the event, but they take their time and are MUCH better done overall.
Mar 30, 2014 9:10 AM
Jun 2013
ZanathKariashi said:
It gets better. episode 7 is one huge info dump, and 9 starts pulling all the scattered scenes together.

It's easier to understand the show to understand that the scenes aren't technically being jumbled, they're just moving from character perspective to character perspective, neatly averting that part about people remembering things they weren't around for common in other shows.

On the other hand, the books generally only focus on 1 main plotline, seen from the perspective of nearly all named characters involved, while the anime is mixing 3 main plotlines and only having enough time to get a handful of character perspectives.

Some of which are actually very important for character development but were left out (but were still assumed to have happened leading to a few awkward scenes that seem contrived but if all the information had been made available would've made perfect, realistic sense).

It's still a decent show, but only 2 characters REALLY get fleshed out for development by the end, and most of the fan favorites get glossed over and come off as one dimensional.

Baccano really needs 26-35 episodes to even begin to do justice to all the plot-lines involved (and IMO just needs to be rebooted and take each book in release order and move forward from there, similar to how the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure's reboot has been handled).

------------------

If the anime bothers you, I'd instead recommend the books. They're still told anachronistically due the way each account is based on someone's perception of the event, but they take their time and are MUCH better done overall.

Are the two who get the most development firo and ennis? If so kinda sucks since so far they are the most uninteresting and bland characters that have been shown.
Mar 30, 2014 9:39 PM
Mar 2014
IMO Jacuzzi gets the most of any character, with Ennis being a close 2nd, as they fully best their demons by the end (Ennis is a little behind Jacuzzi due to leaving out a few small but crucial character aspects). Czes and Chane are a close 3rd, but they've only begun their road, instead of resolving it outright (I lump them together since they both have essentially the same issue). Rachel also gets some development, but it's glossed over via exposition.

And that's about it....

Everyone else is just kind of..there...since their various perspectives are left out or happen at times where nothing major to character development happened.

(and Eve's character development is removed entirely due to a retcon of a few of the scenes that happen SIGNIFICANTLY differently then in the novels. Then again that whole plotline was basically filler, based on mixing elements of two unrelated plotlines together into something completely different then what happened in either)

This unfortunately causes a lot of characters to come off as 1-dimensional, when they are anything but.

There are really two schools of thought and both have their merits.

1. After you finish the anime, go read the books to get the full story if a character you liked didn't seem to get much spot-light or development.

2. Read the novels FIRST, so you can just sit back and enjoy the anime without having to worry about following the plot.

The disadvantage with option 1 is that the novels will lose a little bit of impact since you'll already know the key points of certain perspectives, or major spoilers (though that said, the Grand Punk Railroad is handled so well, it's actually easy to forget you already know the answer to the mystery).

The disadvantage of option 2, is that you'll notice the little changes they made or find the lack of certain events extremely annoying because they were pure awesome and had no identifiable reason to be cut out.
ZanathKariashiMar 30, 2014 9:56 PM
Mar 31, 2014 10:34 PM
Jun 2013
ZanathKariashi said:
IMO Jacuzzi gets the most of any character, with Ennis being a close 2nd, as they fully best their demons by the end (Ennis is a little behind Jacuzzi due to leaving out a few small but crucial character aspects). Czes and Chane are a close 3rd, but they've only begun their road, instead of resolving it outright (I lump them together since they both have essentially the same issue). Rachel also gets some development, but it's glossed over via exposition.

And that's about it....

Everyone else is just kind of..there...since their various perspectives are left out or happen at times where nothing major to character development happened.

(and Eve's character development is removed entirely due to a retcon of a few of the scenes that happen SIGNIFICANTLY differently then in the novels. Then again that whole plotline was basically filler, based on mixing elements of two unrelated plotlines together into something completely different then what happened in either)

This unfortunately causes a lot of characters to come off as 1-dimensional, when they are anything but.

There are really two schools of thought and both have their merits.

1. After you finish the anime, go read the books to get the full story if a character you liked didn't seem to get much spot-light or development.

2. Read the novels FIRST, so you can just sit back and enjoy the anime without having to worry about following the plot.

The disadvantage with option 1 is that the novels will lose a little bit of impact since you'll already know the key points of certain perspectives, or major spoilers (though that said, the Grand Punk Railroad is handled so well, it's actually easy to forget you already know the answer to the mystery).

The disadvantage of option 2, is that you'll notice the little changes they made or find the lack of certain events extremely annoying because they were pure awesome and had no identifiable reason to be cut out.

Im happy to hear to say Jacuzzi since he is by far my favorite character and I also like his GF nice.Im not going to lie im enjoying the show but im not reading the light novels after this. If they somehow make more episodes after this ill support it but im done once the anime finishes.
Apr 6, 2014 12:10 PM

Oct 2013
I'm still confused.

Apr 30, 2014 3:22 PM

Jul 2012
Even more awesome plot! xD
Really good story so far, it's explaining more of what happened in the train...and more!
So, a war between the mafia, the tragedy of the train ride....and now bottles of elixar? x3
Jun 2, 2014 1:36 PM

Jul 2013
I suddenly got lost again after that cliffhanger scene in the previous episode. There are stuff that adds up, but didn't get my understanding of it. Well I guess that ending scene just added a bit from the previous episode. Oh well, onward to the next episode.

Jun 29, 2014 8:29 PM

Oct 2013
that information broker is such a funny guy :3
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Baccano! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cyruz - Aug 13, 2007

203 by Benassiesto »»
Aug 19, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Baccano! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Siing - Nov 24, 2007

401 by PsiQ »»
Jul 12, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Baccano! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

accela - Oct 8, 2007

181 by TippyTree »»
Jun 25, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Baccano! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

BadSeafood - Nov 17, 2007

145 by Omega1Mastemon »»
Apr 30, 2:38 PM

» Should i watch?

Koalapanda1018 - Apr 11

4 by LoveYourSmile »»
Apr 12, 5:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.