Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 30, 2011 5:50 PM

Nov 2011
misaseh098 said:
i really wish there's more members after jinbei, at least 2-3 more T-T
well i think jimbie might not be the last member cuz luffy said he needed at least 10 member so it means some people from new world probably join his crew
Nov 30, 2011 6:27 PM

Nov 2008
Awesome chapter, let's what's Jinbei's answer.
Nov 30, 2011 6:38 PM

Sep 2011
Godly ending! Jimbei! join!!
I wonder what's Jimbei's goal though... many of them have amazing goals to fulfill despite loving the crew.
Randomly looking for high compatibility with other people. Click and see if you have high compatibility and leave a comment in my profile.
It'll make my day. :)
Nov 30, 2011 7:03 PM
Oct 2011
ZoroFan said:
well so far when luffy asked some1 to join the crew they end up joining it and u can c that luffy ddin't ask vivi to join but who he asked so far has joined his crew like chopper,franky and brook

Uhh. Forgetting Gaimon?
Nov 30, 2011 7:04 PM

Sep 2011
ElMorty said:
Mother of God,oda, what have u done ... Now that luffy has asked him to join the crew, Jimbei will definitely join! Everyone who had been asked, even by joke, eventually joined, and none of the other who hadn't did it.
There's no hope, not anymore!

I totally love Jinbei's character, he was the one that, back at impel down where he sank marine ship with ease, that the crew HAD to have a cool fishman ... but from then on I was more and more certain that it had not to ben Jinbei! And yet ...
I'm so sad ...
He hasn't a dream to realize with the help of his nakama, he was in another important pirate crew, and had already shipped to NW with them, was friend with WB ... so at least he will now everything about what awaits SH (and us), about the mechanism to become one of the four emperor and maybe even some hints about OP.
So why didn't he make Marco join him? Why did they stop Rayleigh for spoiling them everything about the journey ahead of them?
Jinbei is just plainly TOO OLD! Has had too much experience!
He totally doesn't fit in ...
Soooo sad ... =(

All I have left is to hope that he will refuse, event though I don't actually believe he will ...

Does anybody out there think the same as me?

totally this ^... if jimbei really seen all the new world already it will be suck for him to spoil every thing ... but if he DIDN'T go to the nw before i hope he join the crew which i think he will because Ace has asked him to keep an eye on his brother
Nov 30, 2011 7:09 PM
Oct 2011
skyjlv said:
Godly ending! Jimbei! join!!
I wonder what's Jimbei's goal though... many of them have amazing goals to fulfill despite loving the crew.

He could have several though he's not really the type to even have a dream that's about his own benefit. His dream could be the moving of Fishman Isle to the surface (What the Sun Pirates were named for), creating better relations with humans and fishmen, and fulfilling Ace's request to help Luffy.
Nov 30, 2011 7:09 PM

May 2011
Please refuse Jimbei. You are amazing and would be a great asset to the Straw Hat Crew, but............You are too damn Old. Franky and Brook fit in because they act childish and have dreams. Jimbei has perhaps seen and sailed more than Luffy himself. What would be the point in a veteran joining the golden rookies? Also, he would take too much away from the rest of the crew because he is so damn versatile; he can do almost everything.

Neptune can't lead anyone for shit, let alone Fishman Island. Jimbei is required to lead them into a new age. He is the only one left that has even experienced the real world. Jimbei for Fishman King!
Nov 30, 2011 7:26 PM

Nov 2008
vindemon64 said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
And the bombshell was finally dropped. Luffy wants Jimbei in his crew. Can we finally have the full Straw Hat crew? And more importantly, does Luffy now have his blood bank after every fight? Lol. Anyway, I guess you can say it was inevitable. Jimbei is somewhat of an outcast among his own people and more of one in the world above. Only rationale choice was joining the Strawhats.

Other than that, good wrap up chapter. Caribou is definitely the culprit stealing the gold. And really interested in the secret behind Noah. Hopefully they'll get into that.

you talk as if jimbei already joined.....he hasn't answered yet....all we know is luffy wants him
Nov 30, 2011 7:44 PM

Apr 2008
Chances are pretty high he's the 9th. Even the cover of the latest One Piece volume features him prominently among the rest of the crew.

Nov 30, 2011 9:37 PM

Jul 2009
I know it!! i had this odd feeling that Jinbei may join as a straw hat member since impel down. Cant wait for the next chapter too see what Jinbei has too say about it.
Nothing in this world lasts forever, and it´s time you accept that.
It's better to not cling to these things that you will eventually lose.
Dec 1, 2011 1:29 AM

Nov 2007
Woohoo Jinbei <3

Honestly, it's hard to say what'll "fit" with the Straw Hats. I know a lot of people were against Robin, Franky and Brook but now they're just naturally with the crew. Even "serious" characters like Robin have these quirks that make them funny. (Robin with her accidental morbid statements) We've yet to see Jinbei in a more relaxed persona, so who knows what we'll get out of that!

Jinbei'll definitely refuse at first, but we all know Luffy isn't one to take no for an answer when he's this serious about it. Luffy'll stay in Fishman Island for years if that's what it takes to convince Jinbei.

Besides, I can't see them going on without a token fishman, and Jinbei's the only character who fits the bill.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Dec 1, 2011 2:40 AM

May 2009
Jinbei is going to be the new Straw Hat nakama?!

Dec 1, 2011 3:36 AM

Oct 2009

Har.

It'd be interesting if Jinbei died. Not just randomly die but for a cause like uniting the humans and Fish/Mer mans/maids.
YanofliesDec 1, 2011 3:41 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2011 3:50 AM

Feb 2008
There's really a pretty high chance that Jinbe will join the crew. :) That's just how I feel, I already see him fitting to the crew. We already know a lot about Jinbe so it's just good for him to join SH.
Dec 1, 2011 4:57 AM

Oct 2008
still not sure if jimbe will join or not !! if he joined i think it the beginning of the end :(
Dec 1, 2011 8:15 AM

Mar 2010
imperlast said:
jayquizz said:
Phoenix_Hime said:
lol, well i knew he was gonna ask jimbei at least...not entirely decided on whether i want him to accept on not yet. I liked this chapter, had quite the serious feel to it and am looking forward to wrapping up this arc and getting our first real look at the new world. If jimbei does join i wonder what he will join as...?

good point. i really don't see any position that he could take on the ship.
as some one els said some one who can recover the ones wiht the devil fruits from the water.

why I do believe he will join:
He has no crew
He has once again broken the rules of the island
He gets along with luffy and would give some much needed brains to the crew.
His connection to Ace and how Ace asked him to keep an eye on luffy.
If the blood works it would help to have some one with the same blood as luffy.
It would be a good fuck you to the world govermnet.
Also they will need extra strength even with there power up they are to small for the new world.

For some reason I want him to join now and I don't want him to refuse Luffy.
Sorry for my English ^^' If you notice any mistakes, please tell me about it ^^ Thanks for corrections ^^
Dec 1, 2011 8:35 AM

May 2007
suigetsu00 said:
vindemon64 said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
And the bombshell was finally dropped. Luffy wants Jimbei in his crew. Can we finally have the full Straw Hat crew? And more importantly, does Luffy now have his blood bank after every fight? Lol. Anyway, I guess you can say it was inevitable. Jimbei is somewhat of an outcast among his own people and more of one in the world above. Only rationale choice was joining the Strawhats.

Other than that, good wrap up chapter. Caribou is definitely the culprit stealing the gold. And really interested in the secret behind Noah. Hopefully they'll get into that.

you talk as if jimbei already joined.....he hasn't answered yet....all we know is luffy wants him

I asked it in a question form, didn't I? Anyway, it's my belief that Jimbei is going to join the crew. What everyone here is forgetting is that Luffy now knows what it will take to succeed in the New World. He knows, after getting his ass handed to him time after time since Shaboady Archipelago, he needs strong crew members. I had previously thought that the last crew member was going to be a female, just because of simple men:women ratio. But Jimbei makes so much sense. Like I previously stated, he's somewhat of an outcast in every society he could theoretically be a part of. And with his connection to Ace and now Luffy after the war, it makes a lot of sense.

What Luffy's crew needs is a strong member who'll help them in the New World. Not to mention he unique in that he's a Fishmen. Plus, as the crew stated in this chapter, they do not have anyone on board with the same blood type as Luffy. Having Jimbei join solves that problem. As for the whole dream question about him not having one, I'll admit I don't have an answer to that. However, this arc is not fully over so let's wait and see on that, and you mentioned, let's wait and hear his response. Maybe you're right, he doesn't join. I'm just explaining the plausible rationale IF he does join...in that it makes sense I can see it happening and fitting well.
Dec 1, 2011 9:47 AM

Apr 2009
I was hoping the next crew member would be female, and a logia user. Speaking of which, don't they still have to deal with Coribou?
I think we should be expecting a visit from Big Mam soon. It's already likely that she's Lola's (from Thriller Bark) mother, plus Nami has that vivre card. This probably won't happen, but how awesome would it be that the Straw Hats go toe-to-toe with one of the Yonkou?!
Dec 1, 2011 2:21 PM

Nov 2009
ok, i hate jinbei but i think he will probably end up joining/being a good choice. we already have a lot of flashbacks featuring jinbei so that would make sense...

i really wanted another girl on the crew. i think it would add a lot to the crews dynamics. i hate how bland jinbei is and totally-in-every-way-i-see-it not funny. everyone on the SH is supposed to be FUNNY!! i also hate that jinbei has a good 15 or 20 years on the other straw hats. its weird.

i hope he refuses but he probably wont so........cheers

i hope the straw hats pwn everyone
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2011 2:53 PM

Aug 2010
I have mixed feelings about Jimbei joining if they get a fish man the strawhat crew will truly be diverse but idk Jimbei to me just doesn't fit he seems to serious I know Robin's serious but thats just one if they have two serious members it will be less comical. Also Jimbei doesn't really have a sympathy story like the other strawhats. Jimbei also might be too strong a fomer Shichibukai and he has a higher bounty then Luffy. He might take attention away from the others probably not Luffy but his power could make him part of the new monster trio. People talk about that ten member crew thing and i believe that they can't keep adding more and more main charcthers. The tenth member to join should be a girl and if a Shichibukai can join it should be Boa Hancock.
Dec 1, 2011 3:52 PM

Nov 2007
aelove said:
ok, i hate jinbei but i think he will probably end up joining/being a good choice. we already have a lot of flashbacks featuring jinbei so that would make sense...

i really wanted another girl on the crew. i think it would add a lot to the crews dynamics. i hate how bland jinbei is and totally-in-every-way-i-see-it not funny. everyone on the SH is supposed to be FUNNY!! i also hate that jinbei has a good 15 or 20 years on the other straw hats. its weird.

i hope he refuses but he probably wont so........cheers

i hope the straw hats pwn everyone
How could you possibly hate him?

And uhh, Brooke is 90. Jinbei's 48. I personally love how diverse the character's ages are.
Besides, Robin wasn't "funny" at first either. We have yet to see Jinbe involved in a joke since every time he's been on screen, Ace has been dying or near death or Fishman Island has been in danger.

I also want another girl though. There's still 1 more crew member (probably from the new world) to go, so maybe we'll get a girl! (I wish we could get Perona...)

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Dec 1, 2011 6:33 PM

Aug 2009
jinbei reminds me of blastoise so he's definitely in.
Dec 1, 2011 6:42 PM

Oct 2009
Caribou is only here to show that Luffy can attack logias with Haki.

Big Mam isn't going to fight Luffy, or at least not now.
Dec 1, 2011 6:44 PM

Apr 2008
Dec 2, 2011 6:00 AM

Jan 2010
You have to remember: Luffy had his first *real* loss right before the timeskip. Oda is clearly trying to break away from the old ways in the second half of Luffy's journey. That means that it's totally possible for him to be rejected a few times, as he's probably "mature" enough to "learn when to quit". Or something.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Dec 2, 2011 6:42 AM

Jul 2009
I didn't think it would be Jinbei but it's probably a good choice.
Dec 2, 2011 9:28 AM

Oct 2007
HogPlum said:
Jinbei is too old. He's not unique like the rest (namely Frankie and Brooks). Calling rejection now.

I dunno. How shocking would it be for Luffy to pop up in the New World with a former Shichibukai and Level 6 prisoner of Impel Down as a member of his crew?
Dec 2, 2011 12:45 PM
Jun 2010
ringleader2k said:

That's why?!?!?!? LMAO. Guess what you say goes lol

flame_master_14 said:
You have to remember: Luffy had his first *real* loss right before the timeskip. Oda is clearly trying to break away from the old ways in the second half of Luffy's journey. That means that it's totally possible for him to be rejected a few times, as he's probably "mature" enough to "learn when to quit". Or something.

Really nice analysis. I like it :).

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"
Dec 3, 2011 12:14 PM
Nov 2008
I've just read this and wow... it was good even though the arc was average (One Piece average, so that's not really a bad thing), BUT. Jinbei. I like him a lot but he doesn'tfit the crew.

Let's face it: the strawhats are a crew of whackos. Sorry they are (that's why we love them :)). The most sensible person might be Robin but her usual remarks on gruesome things shows that she is not entirely right in the head either. Or Nami but her obsession with money is out of this world.
Compare that to Jinbei who is the most human out of them despite not being a human. It's like asking a gentle, modest 50 yr old guy to join a bike gang. He just doesn't fit.

I really think Jinbei will refuse, I will be interested to see how Oda makes it work if he actually joins. Maybe a kind of father figure for the crew... I'm not sure.

TBH I see a higher chance of Oda pulling a crazy twist and making Caribou join them after getting his ass handed to him by Luffy. Though he lacks the... ethics of the strawhats, but remember Franky was also a bad guy when first introduced.

Perfect choice would've been Perona... but that ship already sailed away :'(. I'd have laughed my ass off watching her punish Zoro's snarky remarks by making him go "I'm sorry for being born".
Dec 3, 2011 8:00 PM

Oct 2009
ringleader2k said:

^^ THIS
Dec 4, 2011 12:23 PM

May 2008
Nooooooo

I like Jinbei, but I'd prefer a mermaid!
Dec 5, 2011 1:53 AM

Aug 2008
This can likely go two ways: Jimbe joins them OR he does not but somehow ends up introducing the crew to another character who WILL join them.

I'm rooting for him to join them though.
Dec 5, 2011 10:03 AM

Apr 2010
He's in. The smile Luffy had cannot be refused.
Dec 5, 2011 4:00 PM

Dec 2007
ODA!
If Jinbei's a crew member, we need a gender-bended version drawn of him! Someone! Quick! To the SBS!
Dec 5, 2011 7:41 PM

Apr 2009
The only reason I can't see Jinbe fitting in is because his bounty is higher than Luffy's. He is however, a great asset against fighting devil's fruit users because of his control over water. I'm actually a little disappointed that no other Straw Hat has been shown to conclusively use Haki, especially Zoro, Sanji, and Usopp.
Dec 7, 2011 8:11 PM

Aug 2008
That was a bombshell! I really hope he joins though. It makes sense, and they could definitely use a fishman in the crew. I'd love to see the look on Arlong's face when/if they meet again. HA!

Dec 15, 2011 3:03 PM

Dec 2010
Jimbe, I'm happy for you and I'ma let you finish but Bonney Jewelry is the BEST choice for a new nakama of all time, and deserves it much more than you. wnfwjfwncwjdw

-Shuda- said:
Neptune can't lead anyone for shit, let alone Fishman Island. Jimbei is required to lead them into a new age. He is the only one left that has even experienced the real world. Jimbei for Fishman King!

Yeah....no Jimbei. I love you too jimbei but....no.
I can see him being the new Fishman King though, at least
high guard. Just not as one of the crew.
(maybe hachi over jimbei, so fuunny. But zoro is swords)
KotosKahnDec 16, 2011 9:54 AM
~Believe in you! Not in the you who believes in me. Not in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you... that believes in you!~
Jan 17, 2012 8:33 AM

Sep 2011
lol the faces they made when the sea kings brought noah back was funny
pg 7
Jun 28, 2012 8:18 AM

Aug 2011
Although I like Jinbei I don't want him in the crew. He's too boring and down to earth to fit in with the rest of them :P

Just grab one of the mermaids. Even if they're weak who cares, they're mermaids!
Aug 31, 2012 2:30 AM

Oct 2011
Blood transfusion: Predictable
Van der Decken alive: Fuck
Hody: Worst. Villain. Ever.
Jimbe: Too fat, pls don't join crew
Sep 16, 2012 6:26 AM

Nov 2011
this is why jinbei is my favourite character. he's so cool. i hope he joins the SH crew. if not now, then some time in the future.
Apr 25, 2015 12:33 PM
Oct 2014
I worry of something. IF Shirahoshi gets kidnapped and they need a method of rescuing her, is it possible they would use Vander Decken's (like releasing him) power to do it (like tracking her down to see where she would be taken)?
Dec 29, 2017 5:51 AM

Feb 2013
Wtf!
They were still refusing to give him blood?
Jinbe is our new nakama?
Feb 5, 2021 11:22 PM

Jun 2017
Lol! I'm horrible! I was so sure that Nami stole the treasure. 🤣🤣

Anyway, who cares if Jinbei is old? Why does it even matter? As long, he can fight then go for it! Being old is also an advantage too. He is more experienced, thus he can guide the straw hats well.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jul 19, 2021 9:36 AM
May 2020
Jimbei for the Straw-hats is thee best decision ever!
Jul 23, 2022 5:32 PM

Mar 2021
Yet another connection between Roger and Luffy, since both could hear the voices of the Sea Kings

And Jimbei gives his blood to Luffy, sealing in the fact that they really are not enemies. JOIN THE CREW JIMBEI

Oct 23, 2022 10:28 AM

May 2021
For some reason, I didn't like the blood transfusion scene. Feels too forced. At least we will have Jimbei.

May 17, 6:47 PM

Jun 2009
That panel of Jimbei and Luffy laying beside one another? Loved it. Yes join the crew Jimbei.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 5 Discussion

JoquishaJoestar - Jan 19, 2010

34 by Zowabo »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1117 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Jun 11

58 by kakeyokakeyo »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 871 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2017

79 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 868 Discussion ( 1 2 )

G_Spark233 - Jun 8, 2017

79 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
Jun 15, 9:47 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 867 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

128 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
Jun 15, 9:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.