Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 17, 2008 7:34 AM

Jun 2008
my my,,.so sad to know that they won't be together,.,.but that little twist in the end of the episode is so good,.,to know that Wil is still together with allison but is now known as Travas,.,.all in all this episode is great,.,.one thing that I'm disappointed is that allison don't know that Travas is actually his real father Wil but since I understand the reason behind that,.,guess its fine,.,hehe
Dec 13, 2008 4:23 AM

Apr 2007
Guess in their world you can have babies holding hands :v
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2009 8:47 AM
Aug 2008
Siing said:
Guess in their world you can have babies holding hands :v

I think the "Allison and Lillia" world is kind of like a 1940s propaganda movie with any explicit sex and kissing and blood and death edited out.

It's like a G-rated 1940s.

And everybody else has already mentioned it, but

Giving a deep cover espionage assignment to a newly married young man is insane.

His wife going along with such an idea is even more insane. (She added his last name after hers, so they're married, right? That's why they have the rings? Are they legally married or just acting like it?)

And then, when the train is pulling out of the station, he finally tells her for the first time that he loves her. So they were married, with rings and everything, and he has not yet found the guts to say "Aishteru"?
Sep 11, 2009 11:48 AM
Apr 2008
It really bugs me that Wil left like that. I can understand it but it still leaves me with an irritated feeling that mars an otherwise great anime. I'm hoping the next arc will erase it.
Sep 23, 2009 7:17 PM

Sep 2008
I admit, it broke my heart at first when it said that Allison had a boyfriend after Wil died...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2010 3:12 PM
Feb 2009
Just watched the episode and man, what happened Wil? Colonel Icacia looked better after changing his identity, but Wil just got uglier. Good episode though; I really like the sublty of the romance that it seems a lot of others can't appreciate.
Aug 11, 2010 6:19 PM

Aug 2010
I was pretty sad when they mentioned that Wil had died. Then that sadness went away when i realized that he's probably still alive. The sadness came back when I realized Allison was still alone with Lilia. Then the sadness turned to anger when Lilia mentioned that Allison was going on a date. Then I loled at the way Wil looks.
Jul 22, 2011 10:08 AM

Oct 2009
cyruz said:
That's crap. Why would Will leave Allison and his life just because there's a civil war in one of the hundreds of countries in the world. This episode sucked, I'm disappointed. Not even the time skip could change my opinion.

THIS.

WHAT THE FUCK MAN! I NEVER KNEW THERE WAS GOING TO BE A TIME SKIP LIKE THAT! WHAT THE FUCK?! HOW CAN HE JUST LEAVE ALLISON LIKE THAT WOW?! BECAUSE HE WANTS TO BRING WORLD PEACE? WHAT THE FUCK EXCUSE IS THAT?!

WHY THE HECK WAS WITH THAT TIME SKIP?! WHAT THE HECK I'M PISSED BRB BASHING MY PILLOW.

EDIT:

WHAT THE HECK KIND OF JOB WOULD REQUIRE YOU TO FUCKING 'DIE'?! THAT'S SO RETARDED MAN SO PISSED PFFT.
Nov 28, 2011 3:38 AM
Dec 2010
aghh! i dont like it how they ended appart from each other!!! Wil didn't even know that he's father and Allison to end up living alone ... I don't like that at all !!
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Apr 4, 2012 7:15 PM
Apr 2009
Now I understand why this anime's rating is so low.
It's impressive, they fucked up and entire show in just one episode.
Apr 4, 2012 7:33 PM

Nov 2011
Oh I remember this series. Great first half :>
Aug 13, 2012 12:11 PM

Oct 2009
WHAT??? I don't..why did that idiot leave her and she let him >_>.

And now its about their daughter??
Sep 29, 2012 11:33 PM

Apr 2011
I notice the episode focused on Will wedding ring. I cannot remember when they had a wedding and what was shocking, was Allison being pregnant... there was practically zero romantic build-up at all. I'm amaze Will hasn't shouted out to her, that he loves her during sex or any normal occasion :)

FYI PEOPLE, WILL IS BACK AS ALLISON BOYFRIEND. The coffee was a easy hint. Would of been more funny, if he came back fat, the total opposite of Allison dad...
May 4, 2013 9:23 PM
Jan 2013
I don't much care for Will's decision, though I see why he felt he had to make it.
Ironically, this episode was, IMO, the best of the series so far, in terms of execution... probably because there were no action sequences, which is where previous episodes have fallen down.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Sep 21, 2013 4:28 PM

Jun 2010
Why does it refuse to say that they got married? How bizarre.

This author just cannot depict actual human emotions. It's been that way the whole time but it's been becoming more and more of a problem.

And what's this about Allison's dad being a knight who never betrays who he serves? He's a spy; pretty much all he does is betray people. Or I guess that's supposed to be in service of his true chosen master; world peace? But how was he working for world peace before the cave painting was discovered? As a spy wouldn't be be called to advance the interest of only Sou Beil? This makes very little sense. Lionizing him and ignoring that he deliberately abandoned his daughter (and then stole her husband!) and is a cold-blooded killer is way too simplistic.

The only good thing about this episode is that Allison is a quite a good-looking middle-aged woman; much prettier than the baby-faced supposed young-adult Allison we've seen until now.
Sep 21, 2013 5:29 PM
Oct 2012
Fronzel said:
Why does it refuse to say that they got married? How bizarre.

Because it protected their daughter. With Will being a spy, if his true identity came out, his enemies could find a record of the marriage and then know that Lilia would be a good lever to use against him. Without a marriage certificate, how would anyone know that Allison and he were associated 15 years ago? As it stands now, it also protects Allison because any potential enemy doesn't know how deep the current attraction between the two would be, Will could just be dating Allison as part of his cover, so no one would think to use her against him. Its the same reason why Allison and her father never officially revealed their relationship.

Fronzel said:
This author just cannot depict actual human emotions. It's been that way the whole time but it's been becoming more and more of a problem.

I am not going to claim that this writer depicts emotions well, but it isn't anywhere near as bad as you are stating. This is supposed to be a light hearted children's animation, not an emotion laden drama.

Fronzel said:
And what's this about Allison's dad being a knight who never betrays who he serves? He's a spy; pretty much all he does is betray people. Or I guess that's supposed to be in service of his true chosen master; world peace? But how was he working for world peace before the cave painting was discovered? As a spy wouldn't be be called to advance the interest of only Sou Beil? This makes very little sense. Lionizing him and ignoring that he deliberately abandoned his daughter (and then stole her husband!) and is a cold-blooded killer is way too simplistic.

Allison's father never abandoned the greater cause of peace. During the war he fought for his country. In that neither country has been depicted as evil there was nothing wrong with that (and it was mentioned that his spywork prevented the other country from destroying Sou Beil). After the war he protected the fragile peace between the two countries not only from external threats, but from the more insidious internal ones.

What you are missing is the simple fact that there are a lot of vested interest in war and that war, not peace, is the natural state of man. It requires people with vision to protect peace, people willing to confront those who would benefit from war starting again, people willing to sacrifice themselves for this greater good. Allison respects both her father and Will for their decisions to protect this fragile peace, even though it causes her both hardship and loneliness, because she understands this, that if her father did not abandon her, many more people would have died, she also understands that Will leaving her is the best choice to ensure that their daughter grows up in a peaceful world, not one dominated by war.
Jan 9, 2014 5:33 AM

Aug 2013
I was about to rage then I saw Travas and was like...oh he came back :D!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 25, 2014 11:46 AM

Dec 2012
An interesting episode, I think this quote sums up my thoughts on Will's actions perfectly -

Takuan_Soho said:

What you are missing is the simple fact that there are a lot of vested interest in war and that war, not peace, is the natural state of man. It requires people with vision to protect peace, people willing to confront those who would benefit from war starting again, people willing to sacrifice themselves for this greater good. Allison respects both her father and Will for their decisions to protect this fragile peace, even though it causes her both hardship and loneliness, because she understands this, that if her father did not abandon her, many more people would have died, she also understands that Will leaving her is the best choice to ensure that their daughter grows up in a peaceful world, not one dominated by war.

I like how their visit to Liliane last episode foreshadowed to the name Allison gave to their daughter. Lilly is just as crazy and fun as Allison so far, can't wait to see more but I hope there's some sort of adventure waiting to stir up. Although when Wil was leaving I couldn't help but laugh when he said he loved her. Like "we got married, lived together for years, had sex, you're pregnant, but this is the first time I'm going to say I love you!" Also I'm still confused to no end about their ages.
Jul 9, 2014 12:39 PM

Jul 2008
I know it's late to be replying in this thread but Will is a fucking retard. There are thousands of countries having problems you can't save everyone. He's pulling the same shit as Allison's father.
Aug 3, 2014 9:08 PM

Dec 2012
ibreaker9736 said:
I know it's late to be replying in this thread but Will is a fucking retard. There are thousands of countries having problems you can't save everyone. He's pulling the same shit as Allison's father.

Thats right, its all well and good that he can go be a hero and do his behind the scenes bullshit, but I say he shouldv'e been a man, put on his big boy pant,s and BEEN THERE FOR HIS FAMILY!!

For fucks sake, I really hated that decision of his. The messed up part is that Allisons dad said that he must be a terrible parent to even suggest the idea to Will, NO SHIT, so why do it? I'm thinking that the asshole must just be out to fuck with Allison's life.

Thus endeth the rage(at least online, irl im still flipping tables)

Feb 26, 2015 10:17 AM

Oct 2008
This series is just amazingly handled story wise,like straight up a university course on how not to write your script.Just wow....
Oct 19, 2016 2:18 AM

Jan 2010
Oh god dammit. Suddenly, I love this show so much.

Where do I start...The constant imagery of children in the park followed by the old couple was really telling of the frame of mind both Wil and Allison were in, though in two different ways. While Allison was looking forward to those things, Wil was in regrets over what he could be missing. Very seldom will an anime have their main characters couple up, and if they do, it would be by the end of the anime. As a matter of fact, usually it would be by the end of a war if that were the type of setting. Not only does this anime officially end its war in 4 episodes, it also has their main characters marry by the halfway point.

I also have to take back my previous concerns over the show overlooking the complexities of war. It's now taking its time in dealing with the issues of people whom profit off of war, as well as those that still harbor resentment at the other country. Because Wil has had a direct hand in ending the war, he also feels a responsibility in seeing the scenario through. However, he also wants to be with Allison, and though he post-justifies his actions as protecting her, he's still trying to follow his own path in life. It's quite meaningful when Allison's father remarks at him being a horrible father, as when you take a step back, you'd realize that Wil is also his son, so Allison's father is failing them both.

Also, I don't think I've ever seen this before in any form of media. Allison was pregnant, but in the scene where Wil says that he has to leave, any other form of media would have had that be a huge crying scene, or at least have that be a huge blow up point with lots of drama. It's instead treated as...something really ambiguous. It's not a happy moment, but it's not a sad moment either. It's a tragic situation where both of them came to a compromise in their minds. Allison never got to tell Wil about their child, and even at the end she was still being supportive. I understand that revealing her pregnancy would absolutely prevent Wil from leaving, preventing Allison from saying anything since she didn't want to chain him down, but still. In some respects, I can see someone really harking on at Wil for being a horrible person, but as it's written, it instead paints Allison as an impossible person. There's no way someone could be that supportive, patient, nor forgiving short of an outright Saint. At the very least, in terms of media, it's a low-hanging fruit to grasp at this chance for drama. The characters here don't overact. Heck, they don't even react dramatically. They're both distraught, but they're both putting on a face to both hide their pain and, at a meta level, prevent any singular scene from getting drawn out. In part, the scenes moved really fast, almost to the point where there wasn't enough time to absorb all the events happening. In another sense, the drama weren't in the singular events, but the sum of events that both Wil and Allison have experienced together.

Instead, we have a lot of smart moves here. The narration switches to Lillia, whose name is based on the town of Lilliane - a really small implied detail early on. It also marks the change of main characters after Wil leaves. The use of the plants to show the change of time in addition to Lillia's age. The portrait of Allison and Wil, where Wil's face is blurred out. There are no photos of Allison's father since he works in intelligence, therefore a blurred out photo works to both obscure Wil's face, preserve his memory, and serve as a running joke and reminder of him being obtuse. The fact that Lillia is more similar to Wil than Allison, down to the fact that she has to look after her mother. The fakeout where we're led to believe Allison got another boyfriend, but it turns out that it was actually Wil. This is signified by him burning himself on his tea, which then hearkens back to the repeated tea scenes throughout the show. Those scenes served as a landing point where the characters can return to a familiar setting despite them being older and in a different location. It affirms that no matter where they are or how much has happened, they're still the same at heart.

I still question why Allison's father had to ask Wil of all people to help. Was there not any other qualified individuals? Why would he deprive his daughter of her husband after he himself left Allison behind? Also, does Wil truly love Allison? Throughout the entire show, he's been following her and has been oblivious to her feelings. Perhaps he has been in denial or been avoiding the topic, but regardless, due to the shortness of the first half, perhaps there was a lot removed pertaining to his feelings, as well as the lead up to his decision to leave. Even still, why didn't Wil refuse? He's been curious about Sou Beil and has been concerned with the relationship between the two countries for the longest time, but how is he personally obligated to partake in further political chaos?

Still, the positive qualities of the episode overshadowed my qualms, as seeing all these come together really got to me. I'm really enjoying myself here.
Feb 17, 2019 6:33 PM

Mar 2016
I wonder if Top-Dad swooped in and slaughtered hundreds of innocents on the train so Wil could join up with him undetected...

Lillia is cute.

I don't mind the time-skip stuff this show's been doing because it's been pretty reasonably paced, it's just that the writing is so damn wonky.
syncrogazerFeb 17, 2019 6:37 PM
Jan 5, 2020 6:58 AM

Oct 2010
What a piece of human garbage! Will leaving his wife and kid for a random job. I know he's Travas but it's still sick to pretent you're your ex wife's bf. And how come that scum of a father said he'll protect everyone when he killed the chief conductor on the train. And Will happilly associated himself with that scumbag. As if he couldn't find govwrnment jobs in Roxche specifically catered to his curiosities.
Nov 22, 2021 12:40 PM
Dec 2018
I'm disappointed with this episode Alison wasn't supposed to be left alone after her father left her for a war in a country A stupid decision and a stupid reason from the writer I hope Lillian story is better than this bullshit that ruined first part entire work
Dec 7, 2021 12:52 AM
Aug 2018
Wil is a whole ass bitch for that, says he gonna protect her then makes her a single mother basically
Oct 6, 2023 9:55 AM

Dec 2022
Does Wil have any real affection for Allison at all? It's hard to see how she became pregnant to begin with. He never showed any signs of liking her romantically during the first half of this anime, and looked visibly terrified any time Allison displayed any interest in him. He never kissed her either. Did Allison spike his tea with rohypnol and rape him while he was sleeping or something? I don't know how you can up and abandon your pregnant wife to go work for an incredibly shady forign intelligence agency. Someone like Wil would have no issue finding a relatively lucrative job locally.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Allison & Lillia Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

RandomOugi - Oct 4, 2008

77 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 8, 2023 4:42 AM

Poll: » Allison & Lillia Episode 20 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 21, 2008

16 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 7, 2023 11:41 AM

Poll: » Allison & Lillia Episode 19 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 20, 2008

12 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 7, 2023 10:28 AM

Poll: » Allison & Lillia Episode 15 Discussion

cyruz - Jul 29, 2008

24 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 6, 2023 11:10 AM

Poll: » Allison & Lillia Episode 14 Discussion

cyruz - Jul 27, 2008

34 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 6, 2023 10:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.