Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Delicious in Dungeon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 7, 7:06 AM

Jul 2010
Somehow even after 22 episodes this anime still manages to top and raise my expectations It's THIS good. And to think I didn't want to watch it at first because "doesn't look that interesting, another cooking anime, naaah". What a fool I was.
Jun 7, 9:05 AM
Mar 2020
Senshi fan service episode
Jun 7, 1:18 PM
Jan 2020
Could have been better, but some of it was filler
Jun 7, 1:24 PM
May 2019
gay senshi <33333
Jun 7, 3:19 PM
Jul 2019
I loved this episode
Senshi’s past was really sad, the other half of the episode was so funny 🤣 I enjoyed it a lot
Jun 8, 12:00 AM

Jun 2015
That was a fantastic episode, Senshi's backstory made me tear up... the plot twist was crazy.
Laios the Goat just being himself can't even read the mood and suggesting to just eat the meat to find out– that was pretty fucked up lol

half foot Marcille is so cute

Jun 8, 12:09 AM

Apr 2022
I take this opportunity to leave the group shapes in the different races

Hey dude
Jun 8, 12:11 AM
Dec 2014
I loved Little Marcile
Jun 8, 1:31 AM
Apr 2017
Episodenya terlalu ngakak njir, apalagi abis mereka tukeran ras, karakter nya Senshi waktu jadi elf itu loh wkwk 🤣

Akhirnya kita dengerin masa lalunya Senshi, untung kayaknya daging yg dimakan Senshi itu bukan daging temennya (mungkin)

Semoga season ini gk terlalu gantung ending nya, dan kalo bisa sih dikasih petunjuk tentang Falin nantinya
LS_11Jun 8, 1:34 AM
Jun 8, 2:30 AM
Sep 2021
Senshi's backstory was interesting & after moving on from it looks like they have been caught to another problem.
Jun 8, 3:02 AM

Sep 2010
Senshi's backstory was a mix of the predictable (mining team dies to monster) and the unexpected. Interesting how he feared not being killed or eaten by the griffin, but rather, eating it.

red-tomato said:
Actually quite liked how the cannibalism drama was handled. Initially making the food taste different so the story wouldn't come off as playing safe, then actually making it not be dwarf meat after all. That said, it is kinda disappointing how it really wasn't cannibalism considering the show does tend to get dark at times.
Hm? Show's dark enough as it is. You're right though - genius move to play both outcomes. A: Senshi accepts that Gillin did something unthinkable to help him survive, and decides to move on, and B: Senshi confirms that Gillin was telling the truth, and the meat really did come from a monster.

I'm confused as to why Laios' description of the griffin meat is a match for Senshi's description of the mystery meat though.

Also interesting how what appears to be an insignificant detail of the fight choreography last episode turns out to be a critical detail. This being a hooved animal's defensive kick, not an apex predator's killing move.
Jun 8, 4:18 AM

Feb 2023
It seems the soup Senshi had back then was indeed hippogriff soup since he said something along lines of "I've always dreamed of drinking the soup again one day".

Laios handled the Gargoyle situation pretty well despite having transformed into a dwarf. Not sure what to think of elf Senshi though.
Jun 8, 5:34 AM

Mar 2017
Reply to Takata
Senshi's backstory was a mix of the predictable (mining team dies to monster) and the unexpected. Interesting how he feared not being killed or eaten by the griffin, but rather, eating it.

red-tomato said:
Actually quite liked how the cannibalism drama was handled. Initially making the food taste different so the story wouldn't come off as playing safe, then actually making it not be dwarf meat after all. That said, it is kinda disappointing how it really wasn't cannibalism considering the show does tend to get dark at times.
Hm? Show's dark enough as it is. You're right though - genius move to play both outcomes. A: Senshi accepts that Gillin did something unthinkable to help him survive, and decides to move on, and B: Senshi confirms that Gillin was telling the truth, and the meat really did come from a monster.

I'm confused as to why Laios' description of the griffin meat is a match for Senshi's description of the mystery meat though.

Also interesting how what appears to be an insignificant detail of the fight choreography last episode turns out to be a critical detail. This being a hooved animal's defensive kick, not an apex predator's killing move.
@Takata
Show's dark enough as it is.
I meant it more like "Where does the author draw the line?" Since as you said, Dungeon Meshi already tackles mature stuff, what's stopping the author from introducing cannibalism as part of the plot? It fits the tone of Senshi's backstory and would add to his characterization; a contrast between being the chef with a history of eating his own kind. Sorta like how Marcille's reactions to eating monster meat.

But that's the answer itself I guess: it's a show about eating, and making cannibalism a permanent plot point goes against a major part of the show. Still, its nice that the concept itself was atleast acknowledged.
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Jun 8, 5:46 AM

Jul 2011
This is easily the best anime of last couple of years :)

Perfect adventure with balanced mix of fun stuff and seriously grim matter with highly developed and unique characters and great worldbuilding.
And what's more important - the plot is effin interesting!

P.S. Elf Senshi is hilarious XD
Jun 8, 7:20 AM

Jul 2013
Given the nature of this show, about how they hunt, cook, and eat dungeon monsters which is a practice that every one frowns upon, I was really expecting that the dish Senshi ate was his fellow dwarf. Though maybe that's a little too dark.
Jun 8, 10:55 AM

Nov 2013
Wow, a big episode and we don't even get the ED.

We've been bamboozled. Turns out Senshi did NOT eat comrade dwarf meat.
Jun 8, 12:05 PM

May 2015
Elf-Senshi is the best! :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 8, 4:05 PM
May 2024
NAHHH, ELF SENSHI!??!
Jun 8, 4:20 PM
Mar 2019
So, were Senshi's party the first or were there different entrances into the Dungeon??
At least he wasn't a Cannibal as he thought..
Jun 8, 6:11 PM
Aug 2019
Senshi's backstory wasn't what I expected.
It actually was dark and tied into why he appreciates the lives of the monsters he kills for the group's food.
And the group switching races was an interesting idea.
Jun 8, 9:34 PM

Oct 2016
The Senshi backstory was so good! The cannibalism implications went over my head at first until I eventually realized what Senshi was getting at. Thankfully it wasn’t what he feared it was. The body swap at the end was kinda funny too. I wonder how they will go back to normal. There’s only one more episode left and I’m excited to watch! (9.5/10)
Jun 8, 11:40 PM
Apr 2023
This anime adap is not acting as if it just has an episode left xD looks like this might end up in a cliffhanger.
Anyway, while it is interesting to learn Senshi's backstory and seeing big Chil and Ikemen Senshi like that, the key takeaway from this episode is the chibi Marcille and small-king Laios. They just look cute together.
Jun 9, 7:09 AM
Dec 2017
ONE OF THE BEST SO FAR
Jun 9, 1:40 PM

May 2019
Man did Senshi have a dark past with his group but luckily it wasn't a dwarf that he ate. It's funny how Laios can be awkward and fail to read the room but also be a genius at the same time with the way he solved the mystery as to what Senshi's group fought and ate.

Side note, those hairy dumplings looked gross, Izutsumi should've been asked to not help assemble them lol.
Jun 9, 9:52 PM

Jan 2023
muy weno y entretenidooooooooo
Jun 9, 10:17 PM

Dec 2007
I’m going to miss this show 🫠

Jun 9, 11:23 PM
Oct 2019
Wow what an episode!!
They got my emotions on roller coaster during the whole episode.

Elf Senshi LMAO

Also 28 mins duration, Thank You!!

One episode left, I'm going to miss this show for sure.
Jun 10, 3:27 AM
Feb 2015
Another hilarious episode, back then the team have clones of their own and now we have mix matchup of their species. The author is genius.

Senshi is fabulous as a handsome squidward elf, chilchuck is now an ossan, izutsumi is doge, Laios and Marcille as cute as always.
Jun 10, 4:49 AM

Feb 2021
That was really hilarious for them that have their bodies changed XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 10, 5:08 AM

Sep 2010
Even if you subtract the suspicion about what the meat might have been, that soup would still be, the last dish Senshi's mining buddies fought to give him.

Not sure how the last episode will top this. I suspect this was the season climax, and the next episode mostly has to set up the continuation of the story.
Jun 10, 8:32 PM
Apr 2018
Reply to LS_11
Episodenya terlalu ngakak njir, apalagi abis mereka tukeran ras, karakter nya Senshi waktu jadi elf itu loh wkwk 🤣

Akhirnya kita dengerin masa lalunya Senshi, untung kayaknya daging yg dimakan Senshi itu bukan daging temennya (mungkin)

Semoga season ini gk terlalu gantung ending nya, dan kalo bisa sih dikasih petunjuk tentang Falin nantinya
@LS_11 wah ada +62 disini haha, memang bukan kok , itu daging hipogriff, soalny si laios curiga, kok sifatny griffin beda, nendang kek kuda pas nendang familiar si marcille, di taro di jamur changeling jadi hipogriff lagi deh dagingnya

paling ga kuat ketawa elf senshi sih, ngakak abis.

bdw dia ending di tengah2 chapter 50an, mangany tamat di chap 97/98 kalo ga salah.
Jun 11, 4:52 AM

Jul 2023
So much win on this episode. We get to see Senshi's backstory, and it is sentimental. If other anime had done it, it would have been a tearjerker. But we switched back to comedy with the racial switch. lols
Jun 11, 2:02 PM

Jun 2015
Oh my God, elf Senshi is the best thing I've seen all year!
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 11, 7:10 PM
Mar 2019
The background of Senshi is complete, but the party has run into a new problem. With one last episode,I'm wondering how this will all resolve.
Jun 12, 6:20 PM

Jul 2016
Show was this close to reach "Made in Abyss" levels of horror but nah, it was hippogriff meat all along. Good thing for Senshi but not gonna lie, I kinda wanted the narrative to embrace that cannibalism route.

And on other news, smol Marcille is soooo cute ♥
Jun 13, 8:05 PM

Jun 2015
Top 5 episode right here! This show just became one of my all time favorites.
Jun 14, 3:09 AM
Nov 2022
Peak! Can't wait for season 2
Jun 14, 3:10 AM
Nov 2022
Peak! Can't wait for season 2
Jun 14, 3:54 AM

May 2015
I want some gyoza now.
Jun 15, 5:14 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Loved that Senshi backstory moment, and it was so emotional when he turned out that he didn't eat dwarf's flesh but monster's one, Laios is a true bro.
Now they all switched races, and this is getting crazier ahahah, only one ep left though :(
Jun 16, 2:13 PM
Dec 2021
SENSHI IS SO SO CUTE
Jun 18, 8:11 AM

Apr 2009
So it's not their uhmm "meat", thank the gods! Nuff said.

Racial roulette mix-up, as if the doppelganger episode wasn't enough. LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 18, 8:36 PM
Oct 2021
Yeah, I almost cried during his backstory. So glad, he was wrong about it.

But

Naah, the author gotta have somekind of crush on Senshi cuz at first it was all panty shots and now he's the one that got turned into a handsome elf?!
Jun 20, 7:45 PM
Aug 2023
Wow, first the Shapeshifter episode with different versions of all the characters, and now this episode with the race-swap! Half foot Marcille is so adorable! And I already thought she was pretty adorable at times before! I can see why she kept fawning over Chilchuck before, I kind of feel the same with her as a half foot now.

This episode was pretty packed, 28 mins and they didn't even have an ED.
Jun 21, 6:36 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Welp whatever the case with Senshi's backstory. Either its indeed the truth or not about him eating their friends meat or the hippogriff, the flow of story before reaching those explanation truly appreciated. I like how knowledgeable Laios with his surrounding environment before reaching up the meat conclusion.

But then somehow failed to realize they stepping up the changeling mushroom circle? Bruh sometimes i am amaze with their group and then for the next, its turns out to be a big laugh. Look at how Marcille become more adorable as a half-foot. Chilchuck looks dumb inside those body. While Laios still a dumb man but having more built-in body. Asebi? Now she's a dog. Senshi? Man really love all those marbling, huh?

Such an odd mixed episode. I don't want this to end....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13

149 by yveltalkyogre »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 11

162 by GT1Studios »»
Today, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Best girl poll (anime spoilers)

Tigrrr111 - Jun 17

23 by alshu »»
Yesterday, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 25

115 by dyegreenluke »»
Yesterday, 5:38 AM

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9

88 by Weebabu »»
Jun 22, 9:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.