Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sign of Affection
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 9, 2:44 PM
Dec 2023
I like the flashbacks. They're fun.
Mar 9, 2:57 PM

Mar 2007
This weeks episode of A Sign of Affection made me love Itsu even more. A guy who decides "movie night" means he'll watch it in mute and read subtitles, so he can experience the same thing as his deaf girlfriend. SOLD!

Also how he treated the childhood friend was very kind and respectful.
Mar 9, 2:58 PM

May 2015
This is too wholesome and cute.
Mar 9, 4:14 PM

Jul 2022
In the end, both guys were captivated by Yuki's presence, sparking their interest to get to know her better and try to communicate by adapting to her perception of the world. However, it clearly highlights the vast gap in maturity and confidence between the two. With Itsuomi, we see he's confident in his actions, knowing things might not always go well, but he tries without fear of success.

On the other hand, Oushi, having never thought he'd have a 'rival' regarding Yuki, wrongly assumed no one new would enter her life since her circle was always Yuki all the time, and he never saw the need to make other friends. This leads to distrust and adopting childish behavior. Now that Itsuomi has arrived, he'll try to fight a losing battle. Even if he shows a change in maturity, it'll be in vain, at least with Yuki, but not necessarily too late for other new people he meets in the future.
Mar 9, 4:20 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Slowly getting to like Itsuomi more each episode. I like that he recognized Yuki’s tension and respected her boundaries. I also liked that he took the time to get to know Oushi, Yuki’s childhood friend, more. They’d make cute brothers :)
Mar 9, 5:32 PM

Apr 2015
Aww I was ambivalent about Itsuomi before, but this episode made me respect and appreciate him a lot more. I had a bit of the same problems Oushi had with Itsuomi - mainly Itsuomi asking Yuki to meet up with him at night and him blocking Yuki's view at the train station - but I like how he's super chill even with Oushi and their dynamic is really fun. "He's going through his misanthrope arc right now" line almost made me choke on my drink. I was really hoping Oushi wouldn't throw that "break up with Yuki" line, but...well, it's inevitable in a shoujo I guess -_- This episode really highlighted the difference in maturity between Itsuomi and Oushi, hopefully Oushi can move on from here. I like how Itsuomi dealt with this situation, time for Emma next.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Mar 9, 5:53 PM

Sep 2018
Itsuomi said he can't bring himself to hate Oushi – I feel the complete opposite. No matter how much they try to redeem him, I'm just not capable of feeling sorry for a guy who's for no reason mean to people he knows nothing about, infantilizes deaf people and feels entitled to the romantic feelings of a girl he's had the chance to confess to for YEARS. The couples in this anime are really sweet and down-to-earth, but the drama parts can really get on my nerves...
Mar 9, 6:03 PM
Dec 2020
The movie night!!!! I loved how Itsuomi expressed he wants Yuki to be comfortable. Young Yuki's adorable. I can't believe Oushi really started signing to her with the same words he signed in the station. I loved Itsuomi's speech about falling for Yuki no matter when and where.

PS: Yuki's got a job interview thanks to Madoka!
Mar 9, 6:49 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Ugh. She's trying to watch the movie and he's all kissing and shit. I feel like I'd be so annoyed.;;
Lesson is don't be tsundere. IRL, people just think you're a jerk. Not their fault you can't get your feelings across properly. Work on it and stop calling your crush a dummy.
There was something about Itsuomi and Oushi hanging out that felt nice though. Maybe they can be friends. lol

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Mar 9, 6:57 PM

Dec 2007
Loved this episode but, from some comments before, I thought after this episode I'd be able to understand Oushi shippers a bit more, but nothing has changed.

All of his misfortune has been created by his own actions, or inactions to be more accurate. And he has the audacity to act all high and mighty when he just admitted that he learned sign language because he wanted Yuki to only look at him and his hands... at least itsuomi didn't do it to have a monopoly on her attention.

I like the character a lot, and hope he finds some happiness by the end, but he just ain't right for Yuki , she already has a lot on her plate, she doesn't need a cute tsundere on top.

I also like that they made a point to once again on how Itsuomi's appearance in her life kinda expanded her horizons and positively pushes her forward while keeping her agency, and showing that this are her own achievements, his influence makes her bolder, it gives her power and courage. it's a good contrast on how Oushi coddles her, and helicopter parents her all the time, not pushing her forward at all, but keeping her still.
Mar 9, 9:52 PM

Sep 2016
Oushi is a good cuckboi
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 9, 9:57 PM
Mar 2015
oushi and shin need to tell their girls how they feel
Mar 9, 10:50 PM

Jul 2022
So Oushi is a selfish asshole... got it. I might be misunderstanding his reasoning, but from what he explained the reason he was absorbed into sign was because he saw it as a way to bait/monopolize Yuki's attention. And what did he do with that? He insulted her and put her down constantly. And today he's still an immature and angry sadboi putting his selfishness on display yet again by demanding that Itsu break up with Yuki.

I know this episode was supposed to make me sympathize with oushi, but how tf am I supposed to do that after all this?

Mar 10, 12:22 AM
Dec 2022
Itsuomi can sure get to someone even if its Oushi with his misanthrope arc mode. Lol. Oushi never stood a chance. But can see Oushi has his own redeeming qualities just that he does not project his feelings well.
Mar 10, 12:23 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to kisaragi_eki
Embient said:
Itsu said that they'll save the sleepover for next time, but Yuki still ended up spending the night at his place? I don't get it.

Itsuomi said this is not the real sleepover. The real sleepover they will do it next time.They just spent time together.

Do you get it?
like Yuki already told her mother she going to stay at Rin place but yuki lied to her mother that she stay at Rin place and Yuki actually stay at itsuomi place.

Oh and the real sleepover in the manga is just 😳🥴🔥🔥
You're not ready to see that scene...😩
If that scene ever get animated its going to be pretty spicy...🤭
@kisaragi_eki can't wait if the anime version is following the manga version.
Mar 10, 1:16 AM
Mar 2018
What a brilliant, uplifting episode!

I certainly didn't expect the tension between Oushi and Itsu to be cut so quickly and efficiently! It was really cool to watch them talk, and see more of Oushi's past.

I can't wait to see what's next! ^_^
Mar 10, 1:20 AM

Nov 2012
Oushi finally admitted his feelings and it's too Yuki's boyfriend. Oh. Oushi.
Mar 10, 3:11 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to Warchiii
So Oushi is a selfish asshole... got it. I might be misunderstanding his reasoning, but from what he explained the reason he was absorbed into sign was because he saw it as a way to bait/monopolize Yuki's attention. And what did he do with that? He insulted her and put her down constantly. And today he's still an immature and angry sadboi putting his selfishness on display yet again by demanding that Itsu break up with Yuki.

I know this episode was supposed to make me sympathize with oushi, but how tf am I supposed to do that after all this?

@warchilll, no he isn't! He simply worries very much about Yuki, that is all! He is a great boy!!
Mar 10, 3:40 AM
Oct 2019
Omg Oushi really irritating me.
Holy shit bro

The Maturity difference between Itsuomi and Oushi LMAO

W Itsuomi as always.
Mar 10, 3:51 AM

Mar 2011
I'm sorry to say this and you can say what you want but Oshi is anoying. Even with his background, reasoning and his feelings for Yuki he has no right to act this way. Yes, unrequited love is among the worst things possible but he had his chance and he could have been nicer. Even if he has his own way of caring about Yuki. And even if he would have been you can't force someone to have feelings and then get mad when they don't and they are with someone else. He really eeds to grow up. And I normally love the childhood friend trope but Oshi is just immature all the time.

I'm kind of admiring Itsu's patience with him and generally the way he deals with Oshi. He's really more mature and I liked what he said about being with Yuki.

These two are still so cute together <3
I'm also happy Yuki finally found a job and I'm excited to see how it goes.
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Mar 10, 3:59 AM

Feb 2014
I'm happy that Yuki finally got a breakthrough for her search for a part-time job and her friend, Madoka, played a huge part in making it happen. Madoka herself is an upbeat person with how she talked and signed to Yuki at the same time while also being happy to see Yuki with her boyfriend, Itsuomi, during their video call.

As for Oushi, it was about time that Itsuomi pestered him to hang out at college, considering how much Oushi dislikes him. Thankfully, the power of booze was able to get Oushi to become much more honest about himself towards Itsuomi, where the flashback showed how he first picked up sign language thanks to the inspiration of seeing Yuki and his own sister communicate to each other with sign language.

He still has a way to go, but it's an important first step for him to become a better person. It won't be an easy path for him, but I do hope things will get better for him in the future. =)
Mar 10, 4:46 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to Meta_Yoshi
I'm happy that Yuki finally got a breakthrough for her search for a part-time job and her friend, Madoka, played a huge part in making it happen. Madoka herself is an upbeat person with how she talked and signed to Yuki at the same time while also being happy to see Yuki with her boyfriend, Itsuomi, during their video call.

As for Oushi, it was about time that Itsuomi pestered him to hang out at college, considering how much Oushi dislikes him. Thankfully, the power of booze was able to get Oushi to become much more honest about himself towards Itsuomi, where the flashback showed how he first picked up sign language thanks to the inspiration of seeing Yuki and his own sister communicate to each other with sign language.

He still has a way to go, but it's an important first step for him to become a better person. It won't be an easy path for him, but I do hope things will get better for him in the future. =)
@Meta_Yoshi, @Wildflower3, @davidyodo24, do you ALL really like to watch robot in action? You are strange people. Oshi is a very good guy, with emotions, worries, he like Yuki so much, he simply doesn't have enough courage to start dating with her, he even confessed to Yuki. In the most recent episode he finally understood all his actions towards Yuki and began to take actions to achieve her love. He is an amazing guy indeed!!
Mar 10, 5:24 AM
Jan 2024
Reply to Memore
@Meta_Yoshi, @Wildflower3, @davidyodo24, do you ALL really like to watch robot in action? You are strange people. Oshi is a very good guy, with emotions, worries, he like Yuki so much, he simply doesn't have enough courage to start dating with her, he even confessed to Yuki. In the most recent episode he finally understood all his actions towards Yuki and began to take actions to achieve her love. He is an amazing guy indeed!!
@Memore some people don’t like watching toxic relationship. He is not fit for Yuki at all. And if you don’t see why then media literacy is dead
Mar 10, 5:34 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to MewZura
@Memore some people don’t like watching toxic relationship. He is not fit for Yuki at all. And if you don’t see why then media literacy is dead
@MewZura, I don't like, yes. He is an ideal fit for Yuki, you are wrong. Toxic is with Itsuomi, not with Oshi.
Mar 10, 6:02 AM
Jan 2024
Reply to Memore
@MewZura, I don't like, yes. He is an ideal fit for Yuki, you are wrong. Toxic is with Itsuomi, not with Oshi.
@Memore lmao let’s say Yuki choose Oushi. She would be in her own little world. Whenever she tried to try something new, oushi would be overprotective. Even if he is worried, he has no right to ask her why she came to college. His reasoning for starting SL is also selfish. But with Itsuomi, yuki is able to try so many new things. She just tried to get a job too. But Itsuomi obviously don’t try to force stuff on her. In this ep he saw how nervous she was and said they won’t sleep in the same bed, instead they just gonna be together. He notices and asked Yuki if there is something wrong. When Oushi told him to break up with Yuki, itsu reminded Oushi that Yuki also has a choice in this and she doesn’t feel breaking up with him. If itsu was toxic he would pick up the phone, tell Oushi to leave her alone, but what did he do instead? Try to befriend Oushi. Even if Oushi is trying to ruin their relationship, he still wants the best for him and he is a friend of Yuki. He got yuki’s friend and his cousin to learn sign language for her even a little. He muted the tv and subtitles on so he could experience what Yuki does. It first time someone wanted to learn o about her world for yuki

So what do we learn here? That itsu is toxic and Oushi is better for her
Mar 10, 6:05 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to MewZura
@Memore lmao let’s say Yuki choose Oushi. She would be in her own little world. Whenever she tried to try something new, oushi would be overprotective. Even if he is worried, he has no right to ask her why she came to college. His reasoning for starting SL is also selfish. But with Itsuomi, yuki is able to try so many new things. She just tried to get a job too. But Itsuomi obviously don’t try to force stuff on her. In this ep he saw how nervous she was and said they won’t sleep in the same bed, instead they just gonna be together. He notices and asked Yuki if there is something wrong. When Oushi told him to break up with Yuki, itsu reminded Oushi that Yuki also has a choice in this and she doesn’t feel breaking up with him. If itsu was toxic he would pick up the phone, tell Oushi to leave her alone, but what did he do instead? Try to befriend Oushi. Even if Oushi is trying to ruin their relationship, he still wants the best for him and he is a friend of Yuki. He got yuki’s friend and his cousin to learn sign language for her even a little. He muted the tv and subtitles on so he could experience what Yuki does. It first time someone wanted to learn o about her world for yuki

So what do we learn here? That itsu is toxic and Oushi is better for her
@MewZura, I agree, but still Itsuomi is like a robot and not a human. Oshi is better for her for sure.
Mar 10, 6:12 AM
Jan 2024
Reply to Memore
@MewZura, I agree, but still Itsuomi is like a robot and not a human. Oshi is better for her for sure.
@Memore alright! good to know you understood nothing of what I said;) just what I expected
Mar 10, 6:17 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to MewZura
@Memore alright! good to know you understood nothing of what I said;) just what I expected
@MewZura, no, I understood, you are wrong.
Mar 10, 9:51 AM

Jan 2022
Yaaaay! It seems like Yuki secured an interview! I really liked the parallel between Yuki talking about going to places she's never been to and what was going on in the movie.

Oushi is so defensive is kinda hilarious. I liked this episode, we got to dive into Oushi's mind a little bit more. He's such a mess, but he's still an interesting character. I wish Oushi would've been more open with his feelings and told Yuki he liked her. All of these jealous feelings could've been avoided. It was funny that Oushi was like, what's with your attitude, like brother in christ, you're the one with the attitude.

Shin needs to get over himself and just tell Emma. You're just making things more difficult for yourself, the longer you wait, the harder it'll get.
This never updates so that's cool
Mar 10, 12:36 PM

Nov 2013
we saw Yuki in Itsuomi's room, damn what a mess of random items lol
watching a movie without sound huh, that's a cool way to feel closer to what she has to deal with

didn't expect the other girl to also be deaf, that's interesting lol, she can still talk tho, so that's helpful to other people who communicate with her
yuki got her part time job, yay

2nd half we got Oushi and Itsuomi talking, and after a bit of a bad start, it looks like they settle the differences and could actually be friends
we got to see a bit more of the 2 as kids and why Oushi decided to learn sign language
Oushi "would never go for other guys girlfriends so hurry up and break up" was a cool sentence tbh lol

2 episodes left, oh no, this season is too close to end
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 10, 4:13 PM
Feb 2024
Itsuomi is the best shojo guy ever
Mar 10, 7:31 PM

Nov 2023
</3 emotional episode
✨️A e s t h e t i c✨️
Mar 11, 2:02 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to cooldogmom
Yaaaay! It seems like Yuki secured an interview! I really liked the parallel between Yuki talking about going to places she's never been to and what was going on in the movie.

Oushi is so defensive is kinda hilarious. I liked this episode, we got to dive into Oushi's mind a little bit more. He's such a mess, but he's still an interesting character. I wish Oushi would've been more open with his feelings and told Yuki he liked her. All of these jealous feelings could've been avoided. It was funny that Oushi was like, what's with your attitude, like brother in christ, you're the one with the attitude.

Shin needs to get over himself and just tell Emma. You're just making things more difficult for yourself, the longer you wait, the harder it'll get.
@cooldogmom, Oshi told Yuki that he like her.
MemoreMar 11, 1:02 PM
Mar 11, 6:52 AM
Jan 2021
I dont understand why so many people hate Oushi so much. I mean yeah he is overprotective and all but he is a tsundere and people love whenever a female character is portrayed as a tsundere but male character cannot be allowed be a tsundere? In the recent i loved his reason for starting the sign language (which was so that yuki will look towards him) which is so cute that he did all that so that she will look towards him.
I really like the whole cast of the show and dont understand why so many people hate Oushi? Like for me he is one of the top 3 character in the series after his point of view and development in the latest episode.
Mar 11, 9:57 AM
Nov 2022
"Todas putas", the episode.
(Hispanic meme).

In the end you can't decide who to fall in love with and that's the really screwed thing about life, sometimes I think that love is like a disease, there are those who can deal with it, but others suffer like never before.
Mar 11, 10:01 AM
Oct 2019
Congratulations Oushi, you have recovered all the disrespect I had for you, I still think you are a spoiled child, yes, but you have recovered
Mar 11, 11:16 AM
Sep 2015
Oushi is like 300 times better looking than our creepy MC lol.
Mar 11, 1:04 PM

Feb 2021
@Blaze567, @pansz, @AlaskaJimmy, I also like Oushi so much and don't understand all the hateness toward him! He is a best guy here and I sincerely hope that he will be with Yuki! I like him so much! He is kind, sincere, honest guy! A bit iverprotective and rude, but that is because he likes Yuki so much!

Itsuomi is strange, I agree.
Mar 11, 1:30 PM

Jun 2012
Reply to Memore
@cooldogmom, Oshi told Yuki that he like her.
@Memore he did not

either you are watching a different show or you got a version with wrong subs somewhere

he never told her he liked her, heck, they were not even close friends when they were young(she was close to his sister instead), going as far as her only considering him at the beginning of the series as an "acquaintance" not even "childhood friend" (which is why she got even more weirded out when he suddendly started messaging her because he didn't even have her number and ended up asking her mother for it)

at most she only mentioned once that although his way of talking was rough (during sign language specifically) she could tell that maybe he did care a bit as there were at times moments of hesitation while he was signing

- I only draw freestyle! -
Mar 11, 1:31 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to NemuriNezumi
@Memore he did not

either you are watching a different show or you got a version with wrong subs somewhere

he never told her he liked her, heck, they were not even close friends when they were young(she was close to his sister instead), going as far as her only considering him at the beginning of the series as an "acquaintance" not even "childhood friend" (which is why she got even more weirded out when he suddendly started messaging her because he didn't even have her number and ended up asking her mother for it)

at most she only mentioned once that although his way of talking was rough (during sign language specifically) she could tell that maybe he did care a bit as there were at times moments of hesitation while he was signing
@NemuriNezumi, yes, you are right, sorry. Later he realised that he like Yuki. Hope that they will be togehter in manga!
Mar 11, 11:44 PM

Mar 2013
Itsuomi x Oushi > Itsuomi x Yuki
Mar 12, 1:22 AM

Feb 2019
I have to admit, I am a sucker for childhood friends so normally I would definitely be on Oushi's side.

But Itsuomi is such a nice guy. Plus, Oushi wasn't true to his feelings. He had years to become more than just a friend to Yuki. Instead, he spent those years merely as her friend and even making fun of her a lot. If only he had realised faster and acted faster, then maybe things would be different. That could be a different, sweet story. Seeing how Oushi got into sign language and their first interaction was REALLY cute. I kind of wish this was about Oushi x Yuki, but at the same time I like Itsuomi x Yuki.

I guess I'm neutral for this one. I don't mind if it's Oushi either, but with the way things are going I'm pretty sure it's clearly Itsuomi.

Can't wait for Emma development. I ship her so much with Shin.
Mar 12, 1:44 AM

Mar 2012
Reply to maarda
Oushi's face is perfect. Dude just accepted his fate, lol

Lol I loved this part too! he just :|

Madoka is so cute! I am happy that Yuki found a job that has a good environment. Itsuomi showering Yuki with affection... lovey dovey...
Shin, I'm afraid there is no way Emma will not be hurt no matter how you say it.
Love love the Oushi and Itsuomi talk this episode. Oushi saying "I'm not going!" then BAM cut to them at the resto hahaha

So Oushi was already okay with his current relationship with Yuki, that they were like in a world of their own. He thought things will always be the same and he even did not want to fully acknowledge his feelings for her? But it shows the contrast of him from Itsuomi, who Yuki sees as someone who pulls her forward and brings her to new places. Still, I can get Oushi being worried for her which Yuki herself thought about in an earlier episode. Because of how he interacted with her though he can only have the 'childhood friend that teases me' label and nothing more.

"From an outsider's view, it may look like Yuki and I wouldn't even have crossed paths. But she was surprisingly nearby. That's because Yuki chose to go to college. Ah, I'm a lucky guy." - writing Itsuomi's line here because I found his delivery funny hahaha
Otamegane0988Mar 12, 1:50 AM
Mar 12, 8:03 AM

Feb 2019
If this was an imature anime Oushi would 100% be the love interest. But since this is mature work no manchild can get the girl. Like Cardi B once said in a song "Broke boys don't deserve no pu$$y. I know that's right". But here I mean broke as in emotionally broken and imature
Mar 12, 10:25 AM

Nov 2011
oh, that was her phone, ok xD
Mar 12, 11:54 AM

Jul 2014
Oushi: says he wants nothing to do with Itsuomi and constantly tries to escape the conversation as if he's got other things to do.
Also Oushi: was the one who approached (well, confronted) Itsuomi to begin with.
Mar 12, 2:48 PM

Jan 2019
I was dreading the inevitable Itsuomi and Oushi conflict but this might be my favourite episode so far, love their dynamic and I think I'll be bumping the show's score up because of it.

I loved the Shin episode too so maybe I just have a soft spot for heartbroken boys.

Mar 12, 3:34 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to Gallardo00
Itsuomi x Oushi > Itsuomi x Yuki
@Gallardo00, indeed, they should be together!
Mar 12, 3:37 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to Shikkakku
I have to admit, I am a sucker for childhood friends so normally I would definitely be on Oushi's side.

But Itsuomi is such a nice guy. Plus, Oushi wasn't true to his feelings. He had years to become more than just a friend to Yuki. Instead, he spent those years merely as her friend and even making fun of her a lot. If only he had realised faster and acted faster, then maybe things would be different. That could be a different, sweet story. Seeing how Oushi got into sign language and their first interaction was REALLY cute. I kind of wish this was about Oushi x Yuki, but at the same time I like Itsuomi x Yuki.

I guess I'm neutral for this one. I don't mind if it's Oushi either, but with the way things are going I'm pretty sure it's clearly Itsuomi.

Can't wait for Emma development. I ship her so much with Shin.
@Shikkakku, I also support Oushi, he should be with Yuki despite being overprotective and a bit rude he is a nice guy, kind, honest and energetic!!

Mar 12, 5:55 PM
Jan 2024
get out of here lgnbt
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 10

144 by japanese_god »»
Jun 18, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

198 by babybatparisa »»
Jun 17, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24

108 by pillowofwinds »»
Jun 5, 1:37 PM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 17

104 by pillowofwinds »»
Jun 5, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3

129 by pillowofwinds »»
Jun 4, 5:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.