Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 18, 2023 5:53 PM
Jan 2022
I really love this series hooked from ep 1 can't wait for ep 4 to see the misunderstanding with other girl the wall
Jul 18, 2023 5:58 PM

Jul 2023
now we are in episode 3, but nothing happened.
Why are you guys still watching this. i have watched a lot romcom, sol anime but let me tell you, this is the worst after kawaii dake ja nai.
Both mc are dumb and not suitable.
Is Zuckerberg a Robot?
Jul 18, 2023 6:11 PM

Mar 2016
Azuma is a bro confirmed!
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 18, 2023 6:14 PM
Apr 2023
Funniest episode so far as it covered some of the funniest early chapters of the manga.
Chapters covered in the episode were 12, 13, 16,17, 24 and 33.
They tended to distribute the content of the manga because the earlier chapters were like 4-koma, having only 4-6 pages in average.

They also introduced Azuma Ren, the ikemen of their batch and initially became the point of tension because Komura is feeling insecure of him.
But his worries are unnecessary after all

From what I have seen so far in the manga, Azuma Ren's own love story is something to take note of
Jul 18, 2023 6:54 PM
Jul 2020
Komura's reactions are so hilarious XD it reminds me of how i used to feel when i had a crush on someone in school
Jul 18, 2023 7:23 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The love letter situation definitely could have been defused had Mie not been her usual spaced out self but it did end really nicely thanks to Azuma being an absolute lad, I hope we see him being a wingman going forward and it wasn’t just a one-off thing.

There were lots of other good bits in this one too, I was especially a fan of the cockroach bit and Mie having a classic glasses blunder for once by forgetting the glasses on her head lol, and I have to respect making Komura put the glasses back on her too, that was epic. And lastly, I can’t forget to mention the amazing opening scene where Mie couldn’t tell a plastic bag from a cat lol, funnily enough this isn’t the first time I’ve seen this in an anime either, and as silly as it was I can’t deny I loved Mie making cat sounds, too cute.
Jul 18, 2023 7:23 PM

Jan 2021
Misunderstandings in romance is one of the hardest to get through for me, both emotionally and out of frustration, and it looks like we're getting two episodes of them back to back with Komura this week and Mie next week. Hopefully it's resolved quickly.

Jul 18, 2023 7:24 PM

Apr 2022
i guess they adapt a whole bunch of chapters into one episode, chapters must be very short. still one of the more enjoyable shows this season though.
mie nyaaaing was cute even though i initially got second hand embarrassment lol and i guess azuma is a decent guy. komura with an incoming W.
Jul 18, 2023 9:00 PM
Jun 2017
love that love letter part. its so 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰
Jul 18, 2023 9:01 PM

Mar 2007
The whole glasses schtick is getting a bit old.

Kitty scene at the start was kind of sad. I probably would have told her but he's quite a "kind" boy.

Favorite part is when she was handing him the note, and the creative use of the POV (his) to where the folded note was looming larger and Larger and coming towards him! That was great.
Jul 18, 2023 9:19 PM

Jan 2020
Socksy11037 said:
Azuma is such a chad I thought he was gonna be a generic popular kid character but he was actually such a Chad at the end

I wish Azuma was the mc. Seriously, Komura is frustrating to watch, even for a kid. Most mcs in this format of romance series are better. The shy but awkward mc in the Dangers in my Heart is the template to follow imo. It seems like he won’t improve much in the next episode either. At least the art and Mie are good I guess, but I feel this may not be for me…
Jul 18, 2023 9:22 PM

Jan 2020
borderliner said:
This is really is very much like "The Dangers in my Heart" and I'm all in on that.

I really don't care about the absurdity of Mie continually forgetting her glasses , the situations she and Komura get into as a result are just straight up adorable.

I'm even getting slightly immunised to the GoHands animation brain fuckery

It’s the Dangers in my Heart “at home” version
Jul 18, 2023 10:42 PM

Aug 2019
Pretty interesting episode, i'm kinda surprised they had Azuma in the end just be a good guy instead of starting something considering all the tension and energy that was building up. Dude could of toyed with Komura so much by being in the position he was in but chose not to which is really nice of him. I'll admit the thought of having Komura having to read out a love letter response to Mei herself because of that misunderstanding is actually fucked on so many levels lmao.

I really thought the show would take a dramatic turn to spice things up but guess not, not that i'm really bothered. I'm fine with what evers going on rn.
Jul 18, 2023 11:44 PM
Nov 2022
Komura has an orgasm every time he makes the slightest interaction with Mie xddd

I like that they are placed in various situations throughout the episode and not just a single episodic plot, that makes the series more dynamic and therefore more entertaining.

If there isn't a confession at the end of this anime, I'm going to commit suicide in a bar in Mexico City listening to songs by Los Tigres del Norte 🚬
Jul 18, 2023 11:48 PM

Oct 2020
Ai Mie pulled a Shoiri Katase at the beginning of episode that was cute.
Jul 19, 2023 12:13 AM
Jan 2021
Komura should reply next time : "I meow you"
Jul 19, 2023 1:36 AM

Dec 2022
well i think when mie is not squinting she looks much better
Jul 19, 2023 2:29 AM

Jul 2019
At first I wasn't sure if Azuma was a sleazy jerk or a decent guy who happen to be attractive and popular.

Mie-san with her eyes open shook Komura-kun to the core. Nice follow up with the mother of all death glares. Poor guy.
Jul 19, 2023 3:39 AM
Aug 2020
Y'all i remembered many years ago I also mistook a black plastic bag for a cat and spent a good 15 min trying to get it out of behind the wardrobe. In my defence it was dark there and the bag was also black
Jul 19, 2023 4:13 AM
Mar 2023
I can't with Mie meowing at a bag thinking it was a cat, I was drinking tea with cinnamon and almost spit on the screen. Considering Mie's personality, I don't know if Komura should take it as a pat on the back or not that she's cool with him being too close or take it badly, but what I do know is that "I would understand if people told me asked if I liked you" and "I took a lot of care of you, and the truth is that I like you" has to consider it a total and complete victory. See you next week.
Happy heart
Soul: Purified.
Facial expression: Grinning at the screen.
Jul 19, 2023 4:27 AM

Dec 2022
W Azuma I thought he was gonna be a bit of a bully/contender at first.

Jul 19, 2023 5:45 AM

Nov 2007
tekkenshu7 said:
Funniest episode so far as it covered some of the funniest early chapters of the manga.
Chapters covered in the episode were 12, 13, 16,17, 24 and 33.
They tended to distribute the content of the manga because the earlier chapters were like 4-koma, having only 4-6 pages in average.

They also introduced Azuma Ren, the ikemen of their batch and initially became the point of tension because Komura is feeling insecure of him.
But his worries are unnecessary after all

From what I have seen so far in the manga, Azuma Ren's own love story is something to take note of

Very informative. I was just about to gather the chaps as well but you saved me some time. Thanks. I love her other work Tonari no Onee-san ga Suki a lot.

Episode was great. The situations are pretty out there when it comes to suspension of disbelief but they are all very sweet. I also feel like the later half of the episode hat a slight change in character design regarding Mies hair and its volume but that may just be my imagination. It felt a lot closer to the manga which I liked. Pacing is break neck as we can expect.
I loved the Azuma segment. How ok she was with being touched by him and spoke to him in a familiar way and was completely shocked and embarassed once she realized that he wasn't Komura-kun. And then her remark that she'd understand if people were wondering if she liked Komura-kun. It's just critical hit after critical hit there.
Jul 19, 2023 6:22 AM
Oct 2022
I don't know why people have a problem with this show, to me it is great.
Jul 19, 2023 8:43 AM
Mar 2015
Too built on misunderstandings
Jul 19, 2023 9:15 AM
Aug 2021
Komura could’ve just handed the letter to Mie and read by herself, tho understandably he fears her becoming distant to him knowing that, therefore the cheap lie.
Jul 19, 2023 11:35 AM

Mar 2014
Azuma is far more likeable character in this one episode with few scenes than that idiot annoying mc. He is almost as bad as kuzuya
Jul 19, 2023 1:03 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Komura, my god, you can't be that much of a wimp. She even said stright to your face that she liked you.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jul 19, 2023 2:42 PM

May 2019
RedChrome said:
Azuma is far more likeable character in this one episode with few scenes than that idiot annoying mc. He is almost as bad as kuzuya

LOL, I was saying the same thing after I watched the first 2 episodes and someone that claimed to have read the manga said the male MC gets better, I really hope so. He is still pretty weak in this episode but maybe not as bad as in the first 2 episodes (that's not saying much though).
Jul 19, 2023 2:48 PM

Jul 2007
Okay, so the popular kid also likes mie. I feel like she probably flirts unintentionally. That plus her supposed good looks have people fawning over her. Saw the preview for the next episode and I want to know how many glasses this girl will have?! How much will this girl spend on glasses and contacts by the end of the show?
Jul 19, 2023 4:40 PM
Oct 2020
I can see why Azuma's popular with girls. He could've taken every girl in this school but in his mercy, he decided not to. He only appeared for a few moments but was already a better character than the MC. The "cat" scene was cute though and I could feel the second hand embarrassment
Jul 19, 2023 10:41 PM

Jun 2021
It's the second anime(this season) where a character mistakes a plastic bag for a cat.
Jul 19, 2023 11:05 PM
Oct 2019
LET GOHANDS COOK!!
Jul 20, 2023 12:43 AM
John Titor

Jul 2017
I was a few millimeters away from dropping this show... but the last 5 min. became so wholesome, I didn't. Azuma is the real bro here.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Jul 20, 2023 3:01 AM
May 2022
nothing made sense
Jul 20, 2023 3:04 AM
Sep 2016
Oof.... The pacing.... SukiMega is originally a collection of short stories, until much later when such short stories were made continuous with each other into the form of mini-arcs. The way that the studio attempt to adapt such stories directly, without much consideration of how different manga (especially shot stories manga) and anime was, really shows in this EP.

In comparison, Nagatoro, Mieruko-chan, Kaguya-sama, etc, were also titles which follows the same short stories format (at least until much later chapters, which also developed into mini-arcs, sometimes even long arcs), and also have received their own anime adaptation. Whilst Nagatoro and Kaguya-sama adaptations attempt to split anime episodes further into multiple sub-episodes to accommodate direct adaptation of their manga, Mieruko-chan has different approach which blends these short stories into one coherent episode instead. Both are valid approaches, which might also do well with SukiMega as well, which sadly the studio has failed to execute either so far and instead created this disastrous incoherent EP 3 instead.
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Jul 20, 2023 4:41 AM
Apr 2023
well articulated
Jul 20, 2023 6:42 AM

May 2015
Pretty slow, but cute anime.
Jul 20, 2023 7:46 AM

Sep 2009
Hot guy actually trying to get the 2 mains together?! what kind of witchcraft it this?
Jul 20, 2023 11:02 AM
Jun 2022
I want to make Mie my Girlfriend

Jul 20, 2023 11:05 AM

Jan 2013
Yeah, I'm pretty sure GoHands is butchering this adaptation, it also just works better as a manga because then I don't have to hear the MC.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jul 20, 2023 11:07 AM

Apr 2022
It's good to see pretty romance at any age!
Jul 20, 2023 12:15 PM

Apr 2017
As a person who wears glasses too, this show is just too ridiculous and borderline insulting. Like on one hand you can't see clearly that the cat is a plastic bag, the next second you can see the love letter and pick it up but a fucking person (Azuma) is right next to you and you mistaken him as the guy who sits next to you who has different height, voice, and hair colour? What the flying fuck of ridiculousness is this shit.

D-d-d-d-d-d-d-dropped. 
Jul 20, 2023 12:18 PM

Sep 2020
Good episode, the hot food eating scene is probably the most realistic part about wearing glasses so far, but for some reason I find some of the tropes used in the show a bit annoying.
Jul 20, 2023 5:35 PM
Apr 2020
Cute story, we've all heard and seen before but done nicely. I really enjoy the visuals, the art is very good. If you enjoy a good romcom give it a look. I've enjoyed it so far, I've watched the first 3 episodes and will continue.
Jul 20, 2023 9:04 PM

Nov 2011
Can someone who's read the original work tell me if the rest of the anime is going to be like these 3 episodes? Their relationship does not seem to be going anywhere, this is what irritates me the most, just like watching Takagi-san. I'd prefer spending time on an actual romance anime that gives progress... Can someone tell me please? Putting this on-hold at ep3 for now. Thanks
Jul 20, 2023 10:04 PM
Nov 2020
amei muito bom love it
Jul 21, 2023 1:52 AM

Mar 2008
I totally would have meowed to Mie-chan too in that situation.

Azuma is a pretty cool guy trying to gently push things along
Jul 21, 2023 5:23 AM

Apr 2022

japanese censorship moment
Jul 21, 2023 6:39 AM

Jul 2021
Oh so I thought it was a rejection in reply
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jul 22, 2023 1:46 AM

Aug 2017
Not liking it much. Every episode consists of the boy blushing and freaking out. I'll watch it to the end though.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» From where to start manga?

sb-ishan-99 - Mar 23

6 by DriiMexYT »»
May 23, 5:11 AM

Poll: » Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2023

113 by Kzmapai »»
May 1, 3:31 AM

Poll: » Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2023

429 by Humaneky »»
Mar 5, 5:25 PM

Poll: » Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2023

75 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 1, 6:41 PM

Poll: » Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2023

86 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 1, 5:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.