Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Uncle from Another World
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 20, 2022 2:44 PM

Aug 2014
Eifue said:
RPWPA said:

I really hope this isn't spoiling the future of the manga and that the elf never actually comes or they never go there

Do not worry I know what parts of this manga specifically I can talk about when in an anime only discussion thread.

Ah, good to know :D I am really enjoying it so I hope I don't face any spoilers tho some I guess already did on the reddit discussion.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jul 20, 2022 2:49 PM

Jun 2017
RPWPA said:
Eifue said:

Do not worry I know what parts of this manga specifically I can talk about when in an anime only discussion thread.

Ah, good to know :D I am really enjoying it so I hope I don't face any spoilers tho some I guess already did on the reddit discussion.

Ah i'm sorry to read that, usually they're supposed to be spoiler tag and locked into only one comment thread.
Jul 20, 2022 2:51 PM

Aug 2014
Eifue said:
RPWPA said:

Ah i'm sorry to read that, usually they're supposed to be spoiler tag and locked into only one comment thread.

Yeah, no worries :D Anyways, I'm really enjoying it so far so I can kinda get past that point. Really surprised at how good this is becoming tho.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jul 20, 2022 3:45 PM

Jul 2019
I'm not gonna lie, the elf girl design just hits for me. Especially the attractive eyelashes. Really hot.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jul 20, 2022 3:51 PM

Aug 2010
That final scene was absolutely hilarious. All three of them freaking out about their own thing was so damn funny.
Jul 20, 2022 4:34 PM

Jan 2020
Man I haven't laughed this hard in a long ass time 10/10 ep
Jul 20, 2022 4:44 PM
Oct 2019
wtf child Fujimiya looks more like an Orc than Ojisan...

that's right Ojisan, nobody care about the game anymore... it's all about Virtual Youtuber now lol
ez 200k views without the gameplay..
Jul 20, 2022 4:47 PM
Apr 2022
kriissyy12 said:
I'll be honest and I'm not trying to come off as an anti-circlejerker here, but, I really don't see the hype behind this show.

It sets its jokes up like Family Guy and I struggle to find them funny.

"Oh this is like the time I did this in the fantasy world"

*proceeds to show clip of him in the fantasy*

"AHHHH!!!!! Why did you do that"

That's pretty much the joke most of the time.
the other half of the anime joke is the time leap gag which most overseas viewer just flew over their head like episode 2 very heavy on this with kochikame and the new years tv shows and maybe japanese memes and tropes
Jul 20, 2022 5:44 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I was already thinking this but this episode solidified that I think this is one of the best anime this season, damn it’s so good lol. We got an extensive flashback this time, complete with an Attack on Titan reference and the elf girl being badass but then having a “Cabin in the Woods” style moment where she smacked into the force field lol, that entire sequence was great thanks to Ojisan’s antics, he always successfully shuts down the Isekai tropes lol, even the romance tropes where he abandoned his hot date with the elf girl.

And wow, I did not expect Ojisan to shape shift into the elf girl, I hate to admit but he looked really hot in the hoodie and glasses as her lol, and I swear that final bit of the episode was hilarious, everyone freaking out for different reasons, absolutely slayed me lol. And wow Fujimiya was an ugly kiddo, funny how she became a babe eventually lol, and it was a nice moment when Takafumi said he remembered her.
Jul 20, 2022 6:06 PM

Dec 2021
This is easily the funniest show I've watched in a while . . . actually just since kaguya s3 aired but that's beside the point. First, they actually included the adpocalypse lmao. Then there was the AoT scene, which was hilariously anti-climactic, and of course ojisan ran off just when the mood was getting good. Kinda disappointed the elf didn't get isekaied to earth like I thought she would but that ending was just perfect, with the three of them freaking out about different things. 10/10.
Jul 20, 2022 6:33 PM
Jun 2019
On that day, humanity received a grim reminder

That this scene has been parodied so much that no one can take it seriously anymore.

2D titans are better

AYO Reiner, you good?

Anyway, a great episode as always. The comedy was also on point.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jul 20, 2022 6:34 PM

May 2021
Loved the AoT and Rumbling reference there.

I was really hoping that the elf had actually returned but unfortunately that was Ojisan in disguise though at least he managed to get a ton of views alongwith a reality check.

Also surprised they featured a policy change of Youtube from back in 2018. Its real apparently.

Jul 20, 2022 7:03 PM
Jan 2022
Ojisan going E-Girl is the peak of all media
Jul 20, 2022 7:13 PM
Feb 2018
kriissyy12 said:
I'll be honest and I'm not trying to come off as an anti-circlejerker here, but, I really don't see the hype behind this show.

It sets its jokes up like Family Guy and I struggle to find them funny.

"Oh this is like the time I did this in the fantasy world"

*proceeds to show clip of him in the fantasy*

"AHHHH!!!!! Why did you do that"

That's pretty much the joke most of the time.

The jokes isnt always funny for me, but i like the characters. Top tier seiyuus, good animation, great op and ed, and simulcasting in netflix make me love this anime
Jul 20, 2022 7:18 PM

Sep 2011
The chaotic energy of the final 20 second got the hardest laugh out of me from an anime in a while. This show is a blessing.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 20, 2022 9:35 PM
Nov 2017
It was fun, but I'm really disappointed that the elf didn't come to Earth. How much more can they do with her and their relationship just by showing flashbacks?
Jul 20, 2022 9:43 PM
Oct 2019
Now I'm questioning if all Vtubers are magical uncles.
Jul 20, 2022 9:57 PM

Jun 2020
Kayaba_J said:

I mean, Ironmouse is Chris Broad....
Jul 20, 2022 10:37 PM

Oct 2016
DaniloVaz said:
Kayaba_J said:

.....Sorry WHAT?
Jul 20, 2022 11:17 PM

Jun 2021
I like how the dude clears like 2 mill views a video and has 812 subs because of his shitty replies haha. But hey, I guess the internet isn’t all toxic sludge. There‘s a kind and supportive side too!

I love that Attack on Titan/cyclops sequence in the Sealed City lol. The uncle broke the barrier because he wanted to see if he could haha. The elf chick really tried to play it cool and WHAM right into the barrier like a bug on a windshield lmao. And just when it looked like the uncle was gonna have a moment with the elf chick (who totally saved his Orc lookin ass btw haha) he runs away! Classic uncle!

I liked that the uncle’s solution to getting Fujimiya to open up is using dangerous forbidden magic and turning into the elf chick for “girl talk” lol.

I love that the uncle became a more popular streamer just because “he” transformed into a “she” haha. Takafumi was a genius to have “her” shoot a YT video. The dude knows what the people want!

The end of this ep was hilarious. Fujimiya’s mind broke after seeing the uncle change and the uncle’s pride was shattered to the point the shock made the magic wear off lmao. But dude, everyone knows boobs > old man hahaha. But hey, everyone gets sashimi in the end so they’ve got that going for them. Which is nice.
Jul 20, 2022 11:21 PM
Jan 2022
Takafumis memories of his childhood friend had me dying! 😂😂😂 this episode was freakin hilarious!
Jul 20, 2022 11:36 PM

Jan 2018
This week on Isekai Ojisan, ojisan realizes no matter the content, he cannot compete with cute anime girls
Jul 21, 2022 1:05 AM
Jul 2020
So, he just morphed into Eren fucking Yeager, right? Eren and Zeke did the fusion dance 😂
Jul 21, 2022 1:09 AM
Oct 2019
DaniloVaz said:
Kayaba_J said:

No way this meme comes to MAL
Lmao
Jul 21, 2022 1:17 AM

Oct 2016
A little disappointed that it isn't elf girl tsundere-ing her way to Japan, but I'm not mad, give us more of Takafumi's aunt lmao.

Oh my God the ending scene was fucking gold. Fujimiya really had the best glow up of all time, cause what the hell was that little gremlin. Though that could just be from Takafumi's perspective lmao.

Uncle really went through the adpocalypse. This show is so based, doesn't even censor Youtube or Sega. Uncle from another world best vtuber. Can't wait for the next episode.
Jul 21, 2022 6:01 AM

Sep 2020
This episode may be the funniest one so far! I like how the girl just smashed into the barrier in the middle of a fight.
Jul 21, 2022 6:36 AM

Dec 2018
Wow, this episode are better than before. Can't believe Fujimiya during her childhood would be that manly.... Just look how she grown up, she aged well.
Guess we will see elf megane 'girl' more often now.

Jul 21, 2022 6:58 AM
Dec 2017
Zeke is at it again, what did this city do to you?
Jul 21, 2022 7:31 AM

Jun 2016
i swear this shit too funny !!
i really enjoying thisss !!
Jul 21, 2022 7:43 AM

Apr 2009
Was the Ice Dragon a GoT reference with the wall and all?
Jul 21, 2022 7:59 AM

Aug 2021
Truly past the end, it was already good that there that elf appreciates him but he's too skeptical about it and then that he transformed into this one, that video went viral but when he transformed back, it was funny.
Jul 21, 2022 8:38 AM

Oct 2008
BWAHAHAH! so hilarious!!!
LOL at the AOT reference! that's just priceless!!
oh man! at first i really thought Elf girl also got isekai'd but it was just Ojisan!
lol at the last part! Takafumi was rejoicing! but on the other hand Fujimiya was shocked and grossed on what she saw! bwahahah!
5/5!

Jul 21, 2022 8:43 AM

Jan 2021
Like Uncle like Nephew, seriously these two guys are oblivious to the girls that like them. Elf girl talking like how Uncle talks is hilarious. Her voice is so cute and bubbly. Seriously how Uncle/Aunt was discussing how to pronounce "tails" and starting talking about his real name. Funny stuff. Ah yes its truly the age for virtual youtubers, that was in 2018, Japan was already ahead of the game.
Jul 21, 2022 9:07 AM

Oct 2015
Fujimiya was an orc when she was younger, no wonder Takafumi doesn't see her as a potential.

The last scene cracked me up🤣🤣🤣🤣
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 21, 2022 9:20 AM
Dec 2019
The power of simps
Jul 21, 2022 9:26 AM
Dec 2021
Bro... The comedy... That's why I addicted to this eps and want to give some comment lol...

Started with hmm, yeah the first scene, actually I'm also never believe people agree to subscribe his channel after he asking for subscribe, but realizing that people understand that he has the effort making the video with "cgi" lmao, not like kids that recording a gameplay video without editing or even sense of humor then spamming asking people to subscribe to his channel many time lol

Oh and also, I want to see their confession, if I am the ojisan, if they finally confessed and married, feel like so happy even ojisan still lonely lol, scene about ojisan turned himself to the uwuuu girl hmm, yeah at first I thought that is girl from isekai but realizing that is ojisan that turned himself into girl sheeesh

Umm umm the end of the eps is so top tier comedy lol, first scene is ojisan show two couples about their past, bro how she look un girly when kids, pørn manga lol, and I'm laughing so hard that time about her attitude when she was a kids lmao, her imagination about her past goes wrong haha, ok I'm sympathy with you girl hahah

Ok ok I will continue, and the scene when ojisan reset his avatar hmm maybe, it's so hilarious lol, I looping this scene many time, still doesn't boring with the comedy, I like how when he transform, the house become like panicking loll

Wait one more, this is true average japanese like vtuber video, lmao he only record the facecam, glad that everyone think that without seeing the gameplay is all good lmao, I like how he call himself when he on girl avatar, as "Ojisan" lmao sad doesn't having a nickname lmao...

Ok done, this eps is 200% top tier comedy 222/10 👍
Jul 21, 2022 9:58 AM

Mar 2019
funny good show that actually make me laugh, and really love the YouTube partner program requirement thing reference
【LESSSS GOOOOOO】

- Convertible car
Jul 21, 2022 10:08 AM

Jan 2019
Really love how this show treated the adpocalypse as a historical event, also featuring the early days of v-tubers and constantly asking your viewers to subscribe.

Wouldn't be surprised if we get more social media tropes like clickbait, artificial drama and sponsorships.

I would love a RAID: Shadow Legends sponsorship parody, or really anything to do with how awful and overly monetised mobile games are.

Jul 21, 2022 10:16 AM
Oct 2019
DaniloVaz said:
Kayaba_J said:

Why must you speak the truth that hurts me so deeply?
Jul 21, 2022 11:17 AM

Jan 2022
This episode is pretty good, hopefully the next episode will be better.

5/5
“Life is never boring, but some people choose to be bored.”

— Wayne Dyer
Jul 21, 2022 11:49 AM

Jul 2014
Just give us more Elf-girl and we’re all good.
Jul 21, 2022 1:15 PM

May 2018
ngl I would 100 % jack off to Oji-san now
Jul 21, 2022 1:38 PM

Feb 2019
I was really hoping we’d actually see elf tsundere not just a trap version of uncle. Hoping she actually finds a way into this world
Jul 21, 2022 2:43 PM

Nov 2013
LoL bamboozled with the elf in the beginning.

AOT walls and almost-rumbling was also lol!

Yeah, sexy gamer elf would go viral in record times IRL.
Jul 21, 2022 3:37 PM

Sep 2017
Lmao I thought the elf girl would actually show up (maybe she still will idk) but that was a good meme. Homie is about to become a vtuber.
Jul 21, 2022 4:07 PM

Nov 2016
Crazy AoT references lmao

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 21, 2022 4:30 PM
Jun 2013
undeadkingainz said:
if this doesn't get anime of the year everything is rigged

It's really good so far but tbh it's no contender to AOTY when you realise everything that was released since Winter season
Jul 21, 2022 6:17 PM

Nov 2010
The scene that the elf drew the hilt, unfolded the handguard and shaped the beam sword was cool. This procedure is sort of similar to receiving a call with a good old flip phone.
Jul 21, 2022 7:36 PM
Nov 2021
The uncle never fails to impress on how badly he reacts in isekai scenes, its pure comedy. Was quite amused at the aot reference and how he was the one who resembled a titan the most. The way his face transformed back lmao
Jul 21, 2022 9:46 PM

Dec 2013
great episode that was! at least the walls weren't destroyed in this anime, reiner and the titan army have done a terrible job :P
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Ojisan Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2022

83 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 20, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Isekai Ojisan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2022

160 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 19, 10:00 PM

Poll: » Isekai Ojisan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2022

129 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 19, 8:51 PM

» season 2?

Eldencheese - Dec 21, 2023

10 by Urdli »»
May 8, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Isekai Ojisan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2022

125 by Tony2Phones »»
Mar 25, 5:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.