Forum Settings
Forums

Who has ever thought about quitting anime to become a normal person with a normal life?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 13, 2022 2:02 AM

Apr 2022
in general people that don’t watch anime think people who watch anime and really into it are such weirdo and indoors people but it’s not case. definitely there are some people out there with that description, but I don’t think so if you watch some anime, you don’t consider normal person.
Apr 13, 2022 2:05 AM
Jul 2013
What...?
Watching anime makes your life "not normal"?
Just avoid obsessions, watching anime is no different from watching any other fictional creation, games, movies, etc.
The people you see who talk in some cringe manner, "wafius" and so on just base too much of their life over "liking anime", that doesn't necessarily mean you have to be associated with them, just live your own life in whatever way you see fit - you can watch anime while having a "normal life".
Apr 13, 2022 2:08 AM

Jun 2020
Anime has big influence in my life that it turned out into "normal" for me... so guess I don't think I'm "normal" without it.
Apr 13, 2022 2:08 AM

Jul 2016
-Raynor- said:
I like anime and manga and I am completely normal! Same goes for many people.

Not me.~

I've been a NEET / Hikikomori since 2013, am only interested in real women if they remind me of my favorite characters, have done lots of online role playing, analyze the MBTI of anime girls (as a replacement for dere archetypes), have Omega Labyrinth Life, Senran Kagura Peach Ball, and Senran Kagura Reflexions on my Nintendo Switch, my most expensive manga volume was $100, and it's female wrestler hentai, (Ring x Mama) etc.~
Apr 13, 2022 3:53 AM

May 2019
How about doing both? I don't see the issue here.
yo
Apr 13, 2022 4:59 AM

Feb 2010
Cute, imagine thinking watching anime is the one thing preventing people from being normies.

Look, people in here are either normies that watch anime already, or they are weirdos who happen to watch anime but would still be weirdos without anime. Anime might attract weirdos to some degree, but it's not the deciding factor...
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 13, 2022 5:01 AM

Feb 2010
IpreferEcchi said:
-Raynor- said:

Not me.~

I've been a NEET / Hikikomori since 2013, am only interested in real women if they remind me of my favorite characters, have done lots of online role playing, analyze the MBTI of anime girls (as a replacement for dere archetypes), have Omega Labyrinth Life, Senran Kagura Peach Ball, and Senran Kagura Reflexions on my Nintendo Switch, my most expensive manga volume was $100, and it's female wrestler hentai, (Ring x Mama) etc.~

How do you afford the NEET lifestyle? Rich parents?
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 13, 2022 5:06 AM
Jul 2018
Um..but I watch anime/read manga only in free time. I am normal person. I don't know why there is this general assumption that anime fans are mostly shut-ins. But seeing the behaviour of anime fans on internet. Waifu wars and the battle among shounen fans, etc. Make me think I would better stop watching anime.
Apr 13, 2022 5:11 AM

Jul 2011
stanuwu said:
i personally thought about it sometimes, just leaving everything behind and start again as a normie but its just way too boring

what the heck i love anime but my life is pretty normal and boring like i work and then hangout with friends and then play with my cat then watch anime then watch euphoria then play my switch then watch anime again sleep poop break up with my boyfriend because he's boring just like me then watch another anime like why the fuck do you need to quit anime to have a normal boring life you're boring and normies either way stop thinking you're some demon lord coz... this might be a surprise to you... but..... YOU'RE NOT A DEMON LORD!!! SURPRISE!!!!
Apr 13, 2022 5:18 AM

Jul 2011
IpreferEcchi said:
-Raynor- said:

Not me.~

you sounds like a prince! if i have unlimited money i wouldn't mind being a NEET and living my life comfortably watching every anime while sipping cocktail in my pool everyday just like you
Apr 13, 2022 5:20 AM

Jun 2020
To become ""normal"" i'd have to do a lot more than quitting anime. It's not like i can't pull it off, but why would i want to?
Apr 13, 2022 5:24 AM
Mar 2021
I think you just need to sort your own life out mate, I don't think Anime is the problem here.
Apr 13, 2022 5:34 AM
危ないお兄さん

Nov 2016
Normal ?
Ofc u can be normal just move to Normal Residential like this one POGGG

Apr 13, 2022 5:38 AM
Apr 2022
What would I do if I had no anime?
I would probably just watch more movies and live action tv shows.
so no real change in how I live.
Apr 13, 2022 5:42 AM

Jul 2019
I think I'm normal. Am I not? Are we still in the age where Anime is not viewed as normal?

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Apr 13, 2022 5:52 AM
Dec 2021
i have never had that thought ever. greninja.
Apr 13, 2022 6:51 AM

Feb 2021
Who gets to decide watching anime makes you abnormal? I think it's perfectly normal to watch anime, as there are people who like football.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Apr 13, 2022 7:03 AM

Feb 2018
Armados said:
What...?
Watching anime makes your life "not normal"?

in the eyes of a great many "Normies" for certain.

Why? probably because the standards of Womanhood for the average hardcore Otaku male
are basically way the hell out there nearing the orbit of Pluto, among other little niggling details...
MasterTasukeApr 13, 2022 7:09 AM
Apr 13, 2022 9:57 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Define normal....
Like a 20 years in education, then 40 years of getting yelled at by boss at work and nagged at by wife at home... disrespectful kids wasting your money smoking weed and drinking instead of going to college...
Screw that man..

Apr 13, 2022 10:27 AM
Jul 2018
I am a normal person with a normal life lol
I have a boyfriend, I work & I'm also really into traveling.
Apr 13, 2022 10:33 AM

Aug 2017
People who don't watch anime aren't normal and they don't have a normal life.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 13, 2022 10:40 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Be what society defines as normal and you're gonna end up like the old man from inuyashiki.. minus all the cool alien techs..

Apr 13, 2022 10:50 AM

Dec 2019
just as you said, it just seems so boring
Apr 13, 2022 11:19 AM

May 2009
Pretty sure I'd need to watch more anime in order to be more normal.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Apr 13, 2022 12:55 PM

Feb 2012
I barely watch anime these days. Where can I reclaim my house, car, family and a 9-17 job?
Apr 13, 2022 1:03 PM
Oct 2019
Stop using anime as escapism or a personality. Normal life achieved. The same could be said for all sorts of media. e.g. One can play Minecraft without being known as "the Minecraft kid"; one can drive niche cars without being known as "the car guy/gal" etc.
Apr 13, 2022 2:09 PM

Mar 2015
That's impossible. The mark of anime is already imprinted onto your soul, normality will never be an option.
Apr 13, 2022 2:13 PM
Jul 2018
never. death to normies and all of normiekind.
Apr 13, 2022 2:14 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
Maybe when an anime has for original creator a person that shares my first name and my family name, adapted from a light novel I've written

Apr 13, 2022 2:27 PM

Aug 2016
I prefer being a normal person with a normal life who also watches anime in his free time, though I've been playing video games way more frequently in these occasions in the last few years.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Apr 13, 2022 2:32 PM

Mar 2013
I've tried it for a couple years but then I got addicted to TV series instead. I'm condemned to live my life through fictional characters.
"I hate humans. I find the thought that I'm from the same species to be depressing"– Koko Hekmatyar
Apr 13, 2022 2:33 PM

Oct 2011
If you're not watching anime then you're not normal. What do you think normal is? Working a 9-5 job? Paying bills and raising kids and drinking at night? That's abnormal to me. Doing what you enjoy is as normal as it gets.
Apr 13, 2022 3:55 PM

May 2018
I don't think I will "quit," but I have instead accepted that at one point in the future, I will slowly and naturally watch less and less anime, until I no longer watch anime at all.
Apr 13, 2022 4:03 PM

May 2021
What if I already happen to have a normal life?

Apr 13, 2022 6:08 PM

Dec 2021
good grief the op is so disconnected, you can watch anime while being a completely normal person. just don't let it control your life 💀💀💀
good opinions on anything, block = I own you
Apr 13, 2022 6:11 PM
Jul 2018
Yes, absolutely. I can't stand anymore how not normal I am and also strive to look more like this soon:

Apr 13, 2022 8:46 PM

Apr 2021
But what if I'm a normal person with a normal life who just so happens to enjoy anime?
Apr 13, 2022 8:56 PM

Jul 2016
Alcoholicide said:
How do you afford the NEET lifestyle? Rich parents?

Both of my parents get social security checks, plus my dad's pension.
Apr 13, 2022 10:01 PM

Feb 2020
Bit of a ramble here, sorry in advance.

Well, define normal. Actually, define abnormal instead.
I have a decent idea of what we seem to be defining as normal here, so this is what I have to say.

As a neurodivergent goth animanga fan + gamer + metalhead who is generally into 'otaku culture', of course, I have certainly questioned the normalcy of myself and my interests. But I don't think I have ever seriously considered becoming "normal" because truth is, what really is 'normal'? If you must unnaturally force yourself to become normal, is it truly being normal if it's forced and deliberate? If liking things like anime is what comes naturally to you, then we can assume it's your own normal, yes?

The term "normal" is much too subjective to even care about things like this in the first place. Chances are you're only thinking about becoming "normal" because something in your life has negatively affected your view of your interests and lifestyle to make you think that you not normal. Not to sound like an asshole, but insecurity, perhaps?

TLDR; Normal is too subjective, so who cares? Life is too short to worry about this shit - do and like what makes you happy.
Apr 13, 2022 10:59 PM

Mar 2021
stanuwu said:
Who has ever thought about quitting anime to become a normal person with a normal life?

I was once a normal person then darnit... Anime came in and ruined my life forever. I haven't been the same since I was ever exposed to it. All those flashy animated sequences got me so addicted. I have been in and out of rehab because of it over the past few decades and even went a few times to "Anime anonymous".

I almost went A few year once without ever watching any Anime. Sadly I cheated a few times and broke my streak. It's really hard to go back to being a normal person with a normal life once you are exposed to Anime. I even had withdraw a few times and would try to watch Hanna-Barbera cartoons as a substitute just to try to ween myself off of Anime.

But in all seriousness if you have this type of mind set that you ask this question in the 1st place, maybe it's gotten to an addiction level for you where you find yourself living an unhealthy abnormal lifestyle because of your viewing habits.
Apr 13, 2022 11:28 PM

Dec 2020
watching anime doesn't make you any different from a normal person

it's just another from entertainment like normal tv series
Apr 13, 2022 11:35 PM

May 2018
"Who has ever thought about quitting anime to become a normal person with a normal life?"

Only a weak minded looser would even consider this idea...ewwww!
Apr 14, 2022 12:30 AM

Nov 2016
Nobody is normal; we only differ in the extent of our madness.
Apr 14, 2022 2:25 AM

Aug 2020
thinking that quitting on anime would make someone normal proves that you are not normal yourself

answering your question... i already am a normal person with a normal life lol
Apr 14, 2022 2:34 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
I've thought about what my life would be like without anime plenty of times and it ain't something which appeals to me.
Apr 14, 2022 3:41 AM

Aug 2021
watching anime is normal now tho, unlike before that people see anime watchers as nerd or weird
Apr 14, 2022 3:56 AM
Oct 2016
hey guys I think that we don't have to quit anime just to become a "normal" person because what; seven normal? all of us are different, even the most normal person you could think of has something unique to them. I think Anime has been a great addition to my life and has definitely gotten me through tough times. It has really made me a better person.
Apr 14, 2022 4:16 AM

Jul 2016
millo said:
you sounds like a prince! if i have unlimited money i wouldn't mind being a NEET and living my life comfortably watching every anime while sipping cocktail in my pool everyday just like you

I'm very picky about anime. I will never watch "every" anime.

I like when there's a character I relate to, and I relate more to female characters than males.
  • All of them are the same MBTI as me. (ESTP)
  • The first one is the same Zodiac sign as me, additionally. (Aquarius)
  • The first one's "spirit animal" is a rabbit and I think that would be mine, too.

• The second one likes boxing.
  • The third one is an exhibitionist.
  • The fourth one could be mistaken for a boy at first glance, and I want to crossdress in the future. She is also shamelessly lesbian and yuri relationships are my favorite and I wish I could be a girl and be in her place. But I like being a boy, too. I wish I had anime gender-bending powers.

Apr 14, 2022 5:33 AM

Jul 2014
I'm on my way there, I guess, but I'm definitely not going to give up anime for good.
Take care of yourself

Apr 14, 2022 5:36 AM

Dec 2019
>this guy has normie taste anyway
lul
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

610 by Schmentai_Sama »»
4 minutes ago

» Hot take: mappa is the mcdonald's of anime studios ( 1 2 )

Deathlydash - Today

63 by ColourWheel »»
7 minutes ago

» Most Disappointing "Good" Shows

Treatise - 6 hours ago

18 by zcv45 »»
9 minutes ago

» As a 10+ year otaku veteran you' tend to watch less anime, but consume otaku related things through other means like manga, seiyuus, Pixiv, doujinshi, etc. I am right now at that phase.

KiraraFan - Yesterday

29 by KiraraFan »»
11 minutes ago

» Why is netorare so hated? ( 1 2 )

Je-suis-lui - Apr 9

61 by Saku33 »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.