Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mieruko-chan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 19, 2021 9:01 AM
Oct 2021
Is the anime (season 1) over?
Dec 19, 2021 9:10 AM

Sep 2017
Well the series managed to somewhat save itself from entirely being a horrible string or terribly placed fanservice scenes ruining any sort of tension they were otherwise trying to build. The comedy never really landed for me except that one big fuck off demon frying up the little demons on Hana's aura was pretty funny, and the I'm a sucker for some misunderstanding shenanigans ala Yuria. The premise was interesting enough tho. Especially when the golden bois came into the mix. Nice bit of mystery there to keep me more invented, so it was decent overall.
Dec 19, 2021 9:34 AM
May 2021
Well that was that.
I'm still confused about the "Gold Spirits", but oh well.
I'm wondering if there's going to be a sequel season that goes deeper with Miko's abilities.
If they do, cool, if not, oh well.
This show was still entertaining regardless.
Dec 19, 2021 9:36 AM
May 2021
FATHURRRR said:
Is the anime (season 1) over?

Yep. Episode 12 was the last one, for now anyway unless it gets approved for a second season, but we'll have to wait and see about that.
Dec 19, 2021 9:44 AM
Jun 2021
Wtf that post credit scene giving me attack on titan ed vibes 😃 Anyways good way to end with a little cliffhanger, i liked last few eps more than the beginning 8/10.
Dec 19, 2021 9:50 AM

Jan 2018
Final episode huh.
Mieruko-chan really exceeded my expectations. I thought it was like a typical gag type of show with too many recurring jokes but glad I was proven wrong. I know a lot of manga readers hate this anime for adding too much fanservice but they really didn't bother me. Either because I didn't read the manga or that I'm used to seeing ecchi scenes in anime. I think the current MAL score doesn't do the show justice.

I really hope a second season is in production. There are just too many mysteries left to be unraveled. The dream scene of Miko in this episode was probably the scariest scene in this season I think. I also feel for Miko's younger brother. I know what it feels like having your pet taken from you, even if they never belonged to you in the first place.

I'm gonna miss this series.

ari-m said:
Really? NO ONE thought about those final moments of the finale being REALLY similar to a previous episode? i even thought that Mieruko travelled back in time!.
Were they just being lazy with animation and reusing old scenes just to picture that everything stayed the same? or was there more to it?, that was odd as heck for me..
It was more like a big callback to the first episode and comparing what has (and hasn't) changed in the story since then. I don't think they were reusing animation to cut costs (if they did that at all) as the rest of the episode still looks top-notch. I like when shows look back on to the past episodes beyond recaps.
0451Dec 19, 2021 9:55 AM
Dec 19, 2021 9:55 AM
May 2016
Well expected the leave you hanging ending, given the manga is still going (hopefully a season 2) but that didn't take away from the show overall.
My second favorite new show of the season and a great addition to the horror genre, just well done from start to finish. 8/10
Dec 19, 2021 9:59 AM

Feb 2013
iLatrell_ said:
LeviathanTheEsp said:
A little disappointing. The ending got cut by "It was all a dream", a character got cut, the godmother as a character was literally murdered by this not having 13 episodes and poor Miko couldn't get closure with those creepy gods.
what part of the manga should I start on
should be fine with chapter 24
Dec 19, 2021 10:08 AM

Feb 2020
cursed neighbour... anyway, would still love to know more about these demons and such, especially with that end.

Quite enjoyable, this one. Great performance from Amamiya. sequel-worthy indeed.
Dec 19, 2021 10:13 AM

Jul 2014
iLatrell_ said:
LeviathanTheEsp said:
A little disappointing. The ending got cut by "It was all a dream", a character got cut, the godmother as a character was literally murdered by this not having 13 episodes and poor Miko couldn't get closure with those creepy gods.
what part of the manga should I start on
It follows the plot pretty faithfully overall and it's not a long manga so... If you just want to skip to that part... It's just the last 5 or 6 chapters at most I'd think. I'd recommend you to read from the start though... As I said it's not a long manga.
Dec 19, 2021 10:16 AM

Jul 2014
Starchaser said:

It was all a dream!

That's the sad part...
Dec 19, 2021 10:17 AM
Mar 2015
Our gril took care of Momma and Zen took care of the cat killer Miko was warned not to go back to the shrine but they are stalking her at the end
Dec 19, 2021 10:26 AM

Nov 2017
Great final episode, quite thrilling to watch

plz @ me
Dec 19, 2021 10:29 AM

Dec 2015
8.5/10 easily anime of the season!! i loved and enjoyed it so much i hope we get a second season some time in the future <3
Dec 19, 2021 10:47 AM

Mar 2016
First I thought he was a cat killer. Then I thought he was just a weird, troubled dude who cared for cats, Now I think he's a weird serial killer, and I'm questioning how someone with those social skills could ever have become a teacher in the first place. Sociopaths can get into anything I suppose...A weird character that I don't really care for, but the way they played around with my expectations with him was fun (though maybe I should have expected it).

In the end, the show was decently engaging all season long without getting too repetitive. It doesn't make me want a second season, but I enjoyed what we had. If it was actual 'horror' I wouldn't have been able to watch lol, so I guess that was a good thing.
syncrogazerDec 19, 2021 10:54 AM
Dec 19, 2021 10:53 AM

Jan 2021
What was up with her dream why are they mad all off a sudden anyway this was good and it’ll probably get another season
Dec 19, 2021 10:54 AM
Nov 2016
That was good stuff. but mannn i was sooo looking forward to seeing my boi Romm... but nope.. i guess ima have to wait for season 2.
Dec 19, 2021 11:21 AM

Nov 2012
After that dream Miko should've thanked that god. Maybe cleaned the shrin up a bit like a miko and made an offering. I hope we get s2.

Did Zen kill the cat killer? He totally got the wrong idea from Miko's words.
Dec 19, 2021 11:29 AM

Apr 2008
Close to greatness with this one. I love the feeling of darkness lurking beneath the cute surface, and there were times the show hit that mood just right. I looked forward to episodes week to week more than most offerings this season, but in the end the plot was buried a bit too deep. The shrine plot ending is way too vague and unsatisfying as is. Maybe there'll be another season one day, but right now it's too much of a manga advertisement to recommend.
Dec 19, 2021 11:39 AM
Aug 2021
best part when know the zen sensei not the killer.Emotion eps and the best.
Dec 19, 2021 11:50 AM

Mar 2018
Zen sensei is not the cat killer, but the cat killer went missing after Zen sensei found him! Soo...
Dec 19, 2021 12:11 PM

May 2021
*the rock raising his eyebrow*

Dec 19, 2021 12:20 PM
Jan 2021
This show was good, cause it taught me to ignore things.
So I’ll make sure to keep that in mind, if and when a second season comes out.
This was a waste of time.
Dec 19, 2021 12:36 PM

Jul 2021
Pretty good anime.
I didn't expect it to be actually scary. I mean, it did have the horror tag but you know, it's anime.
The SoL nonsense with creepy monsters was pretty entertaining, even if the season didn't really progress in plot.
8/10
Dec 19, 2021 12:43 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Zen sensei received the cat from Miko and her brother was very sad about it-NEKOMARU!!! Miko went to go say thanks to the shrine maidens who saved her three times but they weren't happy about the dango or the money she gave them...
The large monster transformed into this even scarier thing and loads of other ghosts started getting closer to her...
However, it was just a dream...

This has been a great show imo and I really hope that it gets a second season!
AISHITERU...REM!
Dec 19, 2021 12:44 PM

Apr 2012
I'm still wondering why the shrine guardians were angry at the end. Because Miko hadn't thanked them earlier?
Dec 19, 2021 12:53 PM

Apr 2015
this was an excellent anime that showed what history is a comedy with terror with few serious moments that gave a good valance to the chapters, giving a satifying ending I hope this top 10 anime of the fall season has a second season

Dec 19, 2021 12:57 PM

Nov 2015
Why no one talking about Zen making that cat killer disappear? I mean he probably killed him , that man went missing
Dec 19, 2021 1:20 PM

Mar 2010
All jokes and giant breasts aside, she really needs to pay her respects, otherwise a good rape is justified.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 19, 2021 1:27 PM

Apr 2015
-Elevate- said:
why Are so many people voting 1/5 this anime was awesome lol

Oh no, there are boobies and other fanservice, now this anime is ruined!
- The MAL Neckbeards
Dec 19, 2021 1:34 PM

Jun 2017
Damn this was really one of the hidden gems of this season, easily 8/10 for me. I really hope we are getting S2. Since they teased the shrine spirits at the end I think it likely will happen at some point. I think I would have enjoyed these 3 or so last eps more if I hadn't gotten impatient and binged the manga but overall it was still a solid adaptation.

deadbilly said:
I'm still wondering why the shrine guardians were angry at the end. Because Miko hadn't thanked them earlier?

I suggest reading the manga, it won't take long to catch up and it's already explained there but let me just say without any spoilers, some interesting coincidences happened which all led to that.

Dec 19, 2021 1:35 PM

Aug 2020
Miko dealed well with Toono's mother, and now she gave him her cat, which he took with care. Kyousuke couldn't handle it, poor boy xD

After what happened, Miko asked Hana if she knew a good food to bring to a temple, and she answered dangos. But the spirits at Miko's dream didn't answer well to it. Yulia decided to watch My Neighbor Totoro, and now will watch the second movie with Hana, but while them three talked about it, somebody was after them... The same spirits of Miko's dream.

Looking forward to the second season now!

Dec 19, 2021 1:56 PM

Apr 2015
Not going to lie, the scenes at the shrine really became creepy with the good spirits trying to eat Miko-chan, but it was a dream... or was it? Cause seeing the spirits appear again just before it ended, they are royally pissed off. I wonder what is up with that. I guess it's time for me to properly read the manga to understand better what actually happened in this episode.

Also, I wonder what Zen is going to do with that cat murderer...

Overall a pretty fun show with personally for me really creepy moments. 8/10, looking forward to a S2, cause I really took an interest in the plot after some serious episodes in the second half. I need that life force of Hana, give me the ability to eat a fuck ton and not get any fatter!!
Dec 19, 2021 1:58 PM
Sep 2019
Great episode
Cat killer was found
Teacher gets cat
Meikochan can still see but it’s ok for now
Very good anime
Hope s2 at somepoint
Dec 19, 2021 2:02 PM
Oct 2021
The series was enjoyable overall, but I couldn't help but notice the art just got worse as the series progressed.

It feels like the character art has been getting worse as the series has gone on. The characters look messy and poorly drawn in a lot of scenes. I really noticed it this episode especially.

If they do a season 2 and it's the same studio, I hope they up the production values. It doesn't have to be KyoAni level, but can we at least get consistent character art?
Dec 19, 2021 2:20 PM

Jan 2020
I thought it was a bit weird that they left the sponsor messages in until the scene around 23:30. It was pretty unexpected and scary! Though, I wonder how I'd feel if I was watching it whilst it was on TV in Japan. Definitely would've been way scarier.

Other than that, this episode felt a little plain. The scene with the cat killer also felt a bit out of place. A little disappointing.
I hope this gets another season!
ShengudDec 19, 2021 2:24 PM
Dec 19, 2021 2:24 PM

Jul 2014
I forgot to say: I liked the show a lot. Overall 8/10. It would be 9/10 if it weren't for the ending. Still, the ending was fun to watch even if it disappointed me for butchering the conclusion of the arc. That almost got me to rate it 7/10 but I did enjoy it more than that so 8/10 it is.
Dec 19, 2021 2:41 PM
Jun 2020
I really thought that we will get a fight between Zen and Miko. Love that it is a happy ending for both. They wrapped up the cat story...

The scary shrine spirits (god?), what a faq*n scary scene and also I think another mystery will be the "missing persons" the way they pan a whole frame with the missing persons is such a cliffhangers

overall, a good anime, fresh to see a new kind of plot once in a while, it kinda get repetitive at first but it picked up when they introduced new monsters, and character/s.
7/10
Dec 19, 2021 3:14 PM

Mar 2012
When the scene cut to the police officers' back, I thought they were putting up a sign of the cat abuser being caught, but then we see a missing poster akjsdkjaskd

me the previous ep: oh so zen is just misunderstood he's a good guy
ep 12: hmm? (lol)

But it's still good to see that he is free now. The lady neighbor is creepy 😬
Miko's brother is really cute hahaha I really enjoyed their interactions

Lastly, the shrine spirits seem to be tailing Miko now. I think I'll search up for the manga for this. I enjoyed this series, especially the latter half as more tension was introduced to the plot.

Last addition haha: the soundtrack during Miko/Zen's mother ghost confrontation and Miko/shrine spirits dream sequence sound so good ^^b
Otamegane0988Dec 19, 2021 6:55 PM
Dec 19, 2021 3:18 PM

Aug 2013
So reading the manga is pretty much mandatory. Not that I don't want to though.
I weren't sold at the beginning, but it grew up in me after few episodes. One of the most interesting series of this season.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 19, 2021 3:23 PM

Feb 2018
Well I was surprised about the last episode because [without any special spoilers] they changed the story or how it was pictured in the source material. I believe the reason behind it was to end this "season" and make a nice way for the second one. There were some parts missing for me but I believe everything will be explained in the next "part" or "season"

Overall it was a nice adaptation - I didn't felt exact same way reading the manga but I'm still happy. If anybody felt the same while watching it I recommend you to read the source material - they pictured those ghosts waaaay creepier and scarier for example and that thing itself is a good reason. Also as the story progress it's more interesting and definitely worth to read.

About "post credit" scenes. Someone was watching way too much AOT but it was a nice touch.
Dec 19, 2021 3:26 PM
Aug 2021
Honestly, I find it a really cool anime. And the ending where the three golden ghost things are like super mad, bro I’m so invested to what’s happening. And I love each character’s personality, they are al my comfort characters, even if Miko is like half scared to death most of the time lol. Definitely recommend the anime.

8/10
Dec 19, 2021 3:28 PM
Aug 2021
The Zen guy tasering the wanted guy, and me realizing he actually wasn’t arrested, EEEEEEEEKH. I’m confused what to think of him 🥲✋
Dec 19, 2021 3:45 PM

Jan 2020
A nice way to end things off. Lots of unanswered questions which isn't really the most ideal for a series that might only have 1 season but oh well. It's interesting nonetheless

The end sponsor part was very clever and I liked what they did with it lmao. I enjoyed the series a lot as a whole

Dec 19, 2021 3:49 PM

Oct 2013
An alright ending the a really interesting series, interesting that they really want to leave it open ended, hopefully a sign of an another season.

Passione honestly killed it here, definitely love their art style and didn't fail on the horror aesthetics. Horror/Comedy is an unusual genre to intertwine and I was quite impressed with the result. Not forgetting the absolute banger of an OP and ED

8/10
Dec 19, 2021 3:50 PM
Jul 2018
Miko had his three chances to save himself, the temple was completed, he kind of suspected it was true because there literally are scenes at the end of the episode but on the other.

Overall this anime has great good moments I'm surprised about that.
My final grade: 7/10
Dec 19, 2021 3:50 PM

Jun 2021
We will get a Season 2 for sure i think.

But we will have to wait to 2023 because they need more mangas to make a complete Season.
Dec 19, 2021 4:29 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I liked this series more than i thought i would at the start.
Dec 19, 2021 4:30 PM
May 2020
TsutanaiFuun said:
We are finally at the last episode of Mieruko chan, this was one of my favourite animes of this season.

Glad that Zen's mother's ghost left him and the other spirits too, hopefully Zen must be felling a lot better and lighter. Zen decided to adopt the cat he saved, poor Miko's bro didn't wanna let go of Nekopara xD.

Also this dirty old woman, bruh moment.

We didn't get to see much of the godmother even at the end, hopefully this anime gets renewed for second season and we know about her story. Also did Zen tase that guy who was gonna hurt the cats? Damn.

They got us real good there, I was on the edge of my seat, so scared for Miko and then 💀. I was like nani?? It was genuinely really good though.

Miko is finally gotten used to seeing ghosts completely, she isn't scared of them anymore and is able to easily ignore them. Hana's appetite is as healthy as ever. Yulia is starting to get comfortable around Miko and Hana, Yulia keeps coming back for those hugs from Hana xDD.

We didn't get a OP or ED with visual in this episode though they played it as background music in the last parts of the episode.

They managed to add some fanservice again after many episodes, good fanservice 👍.

That running scene was so hilarious, I laughed so hard when Yulia fell lmao, and Hana's running face xDD.

Damn now the biggest question is what the good spirits gonna do with Miko. I'm sure Miko is now gonna be reluctant to visit the shrine after that horrifying dream, not gonna lie its possible that something like that might happen with her in real.

The balloon ghost is still alive? or should I say not killed? or should I say still present on earth. Yes the latter. The show ends with that cliffhanger damn. This anime was a real good one. I'm gonna be so mad if we don't get a second season of this anime, especially when it ended on a cliffhanger and so many things haven't been wrapped up. Considering how popular this show is there should be no problem in renewing this for second season unless they made this anime for the sole purpose of increasing the manga sales, man I really hope that's not the case.

10/10 anime for me. Gonna miss watching this every Sunday. Gonna go listen to its OP and ED now. Cheers.

I just think it will take a long time to have a second season, as there is not much content left in the manga (the anime adapted some 20 chapters and the manga currently has about 36 chapters, around), other than that, the manga release it's monthly, so... yes it will take a while for that to happen.But I really hope it does someday.
Dec 19, 2021 5:36 PM

Nov 2021
That was a fun ride. I wonder what the shrine gods' up to, they seem not satisfied for some reason. Definitely need season 2! 9/10

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2021

147 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 3, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2021

126 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 2, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Syureria - Oct 31, 2021

144 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 1, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2021

246 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 1, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2021

304 by ReaperCreeper »»
Apr 30, 8:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.