Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mieruko-chan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 24, 2021 9:51 AM

Jul 2014
The fanservice got me so good that I didnt expect a hard hitting feels at the end, like... screw Komi being the girl that needs to be protected and cheered on the most this season, Miko definitely deserves that title more, this girl is literally fighting her demons everyday and she cant do shit about it. Where tf are the ghost busters when you need them.
Oct 24, 2021 9:51 AM
Jun 2021
Man that scene of her father was crazy i didn't expect that,i was like wtf just happened hear it was sad, i never noticed it though. What the hell are jujutsu sorcerer doing at the time like this go help her, this ep was crazy.
Oct 24, 2021 9:59 AM

Dec 2020
So we got to see more of miko brother kyousuje and the relationship between them but it looks like he really cares about her sister.

Again Fanservice was not so bad this episode
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Oct 24, 2021 10:04 AM
Oct 2021
Mewt___ said:
Bleg.. too much boob and Incest 'perv-service'..

But regarding the 'plot' its episode 4 and nothing has changed, its like the same thing in random locations.. they dont attack and she can walk through them, in reality you'd get desensitized pretty quickly and tell them to fk off or help put them at peace.

That other girl hasnt been introduced yet either. So this episode shows a regular ghost, why doesnt he tell the others to fk off?
Hopefully the next episode will get to the meat of the story, but i wouldnt be surprised if ghost dad just watches the kids in the bath the entire episode!

Not really spoiling or naming anything specific, but I'll put it in tags just in case.

Oct 24, 2021 10:17 AM

Aug 2020
wow pretty great episode peak writing at the end, Best episode soo far.
Oct 24, 2021 10:17 AM

Apr 2014
Wasn't expecting to get hit right in the feels lol.

Oct 24, 2021 10:28 AM
Jul 2021
The ending was unexpected holy sht
This anime needs Jujutsu sorcerers XD
Oct 24, 2021 10:44 AM

Nov 2018
I forgot all about this scene when I read it and now I'm sad

Oct 24, 2021 10:57 AM

Dec 2015
The variety of the ghosts that appear are pretty interesting. Wonder what kind of ghost she saw at the bookstore. Those small ones remind me of titans from AoT XD.

Wasn't expecting the dad to be a ghost T_T. The 6th volume just dropped so I wonder if I should read this series. The anime is really good so far. Wonder if there is a way for Miko to become well... a "miko" to ward off the spirits that haunt her.
Oct 24, 2021 11:05 AM
Jan 2019
Blue again? Is that like all she has at this point really?
Oct 24, 2021 11:07 AM

Oct 2021
Welcome back, fan service! Seems like they put twice the fan service this episode, since last week episode's was too tame.
BadonkersOct 24, 2021 11:45 AM
Oct 24, 2021 11:09 AM
Aug 2017
The horror drama is very nice, but the comedy is just stupid at this point. Did someone really laughed at that joke at the store ?
I just can not understand why this anime wastes 10-15 min of this run time to tell these kind of jokes or the unnecessary bs ecchi.

With that being said, just like in episode 2, we got hit with that amazing plot twist, i really love this kind of approach, instead of being obviously about the ghosts, you just use them to do a insane reveal in the end.

See, this anime has a lot of potential but keeps wasting it with lame jokes and hentais ass aspects just to pleasure weeabos that live in their mom's basement
Oct 24, 2021 11:16 AM

Jun 2017
That tax adding store monster was super weird. The little ones were cute, too bad Miko's curiousity got her. lmao

Holy shit her dad was dead all along...maybe they have shown the shrine before but if they indeed did I totally forgot about it.

That TV pov was like a monster shitposting. Imagine you are trying to watch something and they scream like a bitch. lol

Oct 24, 2021 11:18 AM

May 2021
Great episode! When Miko woke up I thought that was a ghost but it turned out to be her brother who thought she was having a dirty dream as she was talking in her sleep xD. That cashier ghost was really creepy too. Miko also found a cute looking old man monster and rolled her 500 yen coin again to see it again but when she turned around the corner.. there was a big old man ghost. That crow came to her rescue though lol. Her brother believes she has a boyfriend and is trying to hide it from her as well. He seems like a nice brother though as he wants to keep her safe. He also thinks she was reading the 99 ways to please your lover book…
I really feel bad thinking about Miko’s mental health at this stage though…
Miko’s mum looks very similar to her. That plot twist at the end!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Oct 24, 2021 11:31 AM

Nov 2017
the source material is still running and just imagining this turning into some psychological experimental drama fest makes me shiver!!! but it will probably stay SoL/comedy anyway ...

plz @ me
Oct 24, 2021 11:52 AM

Aug 2020
This is one of the best seasonals without a doubt

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Oct 24, 2021 11:56 AM

Sep 2016
Mewt___ said:

But regarding the 'plot' its episode 4 and nothing has changed, its like the same thing in random locations.. they dont attack and she can walk through them, in reality you'd get desensitized pretty quickly and tell them to fk off or help put them at peace.

That other girl hasnt been introduced yet either. So this episode shows a regular ghost, why doesnt he tell the others to fk off?
Hopefully the next episode will get to the meat of the story, but i wouldnt be surprised if ghost dad just watches the kids in the bath the entire episode!

As the anime adapts the manga as slowly as possible, it’s better not to expect some plot progression.
Oct 24, 2021 12:01 PM
Sep 2021
The scene with her dad was the sweetest thing so far...I can't, he seems so wholesome
Oct 24, 2021 12:15 PM

Jan 2013
As others have said, they turned the bath scene up to 11, and they brought back some of the horny camera angles. In the manga any intentional fanservice basically disappears at this point, as it was always more subtle and less in your face than the anime. I think they adapted episode 3 more faithfully just to space out the fanservice from ep 2/4, but now I'm more or less convinced they're going to keep adding fanservice to the rest of the series, as there will be quite a few opportunities to do so. I'm still skeptical about this, but we'll see how it continues to play out.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Oct 24, 2021 12:29 PM

Jun 2021
Great episode.

Honestly, did not expect that ending. This show continues to show that it can entertain you in many different ways.
Oct 24, 2021 12:36 PM

Mar 2017
Ending was a banger

also make sure you watch after the ED scene.
Oct 24, 2021 12:37 PM
Feb 2021
This anime is incredible.....
Oct 24, 2021 1:03 PM

Jan 2018
This was the horniest episode of this series yet, holy fuck. I'm not complaining like some other people do btw. I say keep the fanservice rolling lol. Better to just embrace it at this point.

That father and pudding moment hit hard tbh. Or at least it would've if I wasn't spoiled by comment replies in Muse Asia. I wonder if the dad's spirit will stick around? I don't think he's aware that Miko can see him.

The monsters are getting scarier. I think the voice acting job of them is sounding repetitive already and I never found them particularly scary, I hope that department will get improved eventually.
Oct 24, 2021 1:05 PM

May 2011
Miko likes little oji-san, for some reason i'm smirking, heuheue...

Ah, bathroom scene so good, rare to see clean water like that.. When lil bro comin in, somewhat my incest tag is kickin in.. Sweet home alabama...

And, that last scene..

..now i know why she rushing to buy some drink, its explained after ED.. and her father appear there too...
Oct 24, 2021 1:07 PM
Oct 2021
cities516 said:
Mewt___ said:

As the anime adapts the manga as slowly as possible, it’s better not to expect some plot progression.

That's most likely the next one.

Oct 24, 2021 1:09 PM

Feb 2019
I knew about Miko's father being dead. But I had assumed he dies during the series. so the ending of this surprised me.

Fanservice was nice too :D

Watching TV like that would get very annoying.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Oct 24, 2021 1:31 PM

Dec 2016
So far I've been pretty underwhelmed by how the anime adapts the horror elements of the manga, but man, this one takes the cake.
Did they even try here? Lol

Oct 24, 2021 1:35 PM

Jun 2021
I'm totally in love with Miko <3

Best waifu this season
Oct 24, 2021 1:47 PM

Jan 2018
bastek66 said:
Passione did it again.

Passione best studio confirmed. Probably I got way too degenerate, but Im enjoying all this fanservice, a lot
Oct 24, 2021 1:49 PM

Jan 2018
Poor Miko, cant even enjoy tv in peace
Oct 24, 2021 1:50 PM

Jan 2013
Mesacboy said:
So far I've been pretty underwhelmed by how the anime adapts the horror elements of the manga, but man, this one takes the cake.
Did they even try here? Lol

Yeah, I can't help but think the horror/comedy are both easily better in the manga, I guess that explains the fanservice route.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Oct 24, 2021 1:59 PM

Jan 2013
miros said:
ErvolHetain said:
They added quite a bit of fanservice. Outside of the bath (and the anime cranked that to 11 compared to the manga) none of the other stuff was in the source material.

Last episode had me convinced they were probably not going to have any outside of chapters where the manga had it, but now I'm not so sure. The usual random thigh and butt shots also returned.

Overall: It was an enjoyable episode. The end made me tear up a bit.

What wasn't in the manga? which part exaclty?
The bath scene was the big thing, outside of that it was just the lady on the TV sporting some nice cleavage, and then there was a shot of Miko getting dressed which showed the top of her bra and some cleavage, and then fixing her skirt. What's funny to me is that it seems like the only time she has breasts is when she's drawn for fanservice, otherwise she looks pretty flat the rest of the time, maybe it just seems that way when she's standing next to Hana. lol
Oct 24, 2021 2:12 PM

Nov 2016
That ad made me thirsty too, even tho at first red bean soup drink might sound like something that can't taste good. It's still surprising how well beans or other legumes go with sweet stuff.

The spirits this time were especially hideous. Lol @ that little guy. He was indeed kinda cute on a second thought.

And wow, what a twist. This series likes to hit you in the feels outta nowhere. I start to dig this unique blend of genres, elements and different emotions more and more.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 24, 2021 2:17 PM

Dec 2014
Actar said:
Now that I think of it, I'm not too sure if I agree with Passione's decision to introduce her father early. From what I remember in the manga, this was the first time that Miko was able to see him. What the viewers assumed to be her shock at seeing that giant ghost was actually Miko's shock at seeing her father suddenly appear at the table. That effect is really downplayed when it's hinted that she's been seeing him for quite some time. So, was that shock from seeing that giant ghost after all?

I rewatched the first episode in which her father appears (pretty sure it's the only one time he appears before episode 4) he actually doesn't interact with her directly
He appears at the door and says "Itterashai" just after we see her leave, and hear the door close off screen.

In the begining of the 4th episode, Miko and her bro are in the couch so she can't see her father in the doorway (plus she states the day after that she sees more and more spirit so it's really possible thant she didn't see her father's ghost at all before the actual next morning with the monster)
I think it doesn't change what's happening to her, but acts more of a shock for us to be a bigger plot twist.

Also I didn't recognize Toriumi Kousuke's voice at all when I went back to see the father's first appearance (but I'm certain it's him on the 4th episode), so yeah, the voices are different, dunno why.
Oct 24, 2021 2:38 PM
May 2021
Poor Miko, she sees more and more ghosts in her daily life. But not everything is bad, at all, at least she could see her dad, I never expected that he died already, rest in peace.
Oct 24, 2021 2:47 PM

May 2021
Interesting twist I guess, at least the way they did it by misguiding truthfully was pretty well done. The bath scene was questionable though

Oct 24, 2021 2:49 PM
Dec 2007
Love how they handled the twist at the end. Also in case anyone missed it, theres post credit scenes
Oct 24, 2021 2:53 PM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Argh man, that bath scene was just kinda weird. But the scene with her father was nice to see.

smoochie smoochie[/center]
Oct 24, 2021 2:58 PM

Jan 2016
LostSpectre said:
miros said:

What wasn't in the manga? which part exaclty?
The bath scene was the big thing, outside of that it was just the lady on the TV sporting some nice cleavage, and then there was a shot of Miko getting dressed which showed the top of her bra and some cleavage, and then fixing her skirt. What's funny to me is that it seems like the only time she has breasts is when she's drawn for fanservice, otherwise she looks pretty flat the rest of the time, maybe it just seems that way when she's standing next to Hana. lol

tbh

The only thing they changed from the bath was making the water transparent and the female ghost....

the whole watching TV wasn't a thing in the manga at all not just the l'oreal commercial
Oct 24, 2021 3:14 PM

Jan 2013
miros said:
LostSpectre said:

tbh

The only thing they changed from the bath was making the water transparent and the female ghost....

the whole watching TV wasn't a thing in the manga at all not just the l'oreal commercial
Well, aside from the fact that the bath scene is animated instead of being completely static drawings, it's easily more sexual and fanservice heavy than the source material, to imply that they didn't change much of anything is just false, they even removed the steam on their butts from the shot where she's bathing the brother, giving us some equal opportunity fanservice lol. You just don't need to try this hard to make it seem like Passione isn't ramping up the fanservice, they have been doing so since the beginning, and I expect them to continue to do so, despite the manga essentially dropping it from ch. 8 onward.
Oct 24, 2021 3:19 PM
Jul 2018
Mieruko has a brother, and her father is dead literally felt like her father was alive but wasn't.
Oct 24, 2021 3:33 PM

Apr 2015
This reveal is what I was waiting for!! I started the manga after episode 1 and I swear to god, when I didn't see the dad in chapter 1 (which episode 1 did add), I was kind of shocked when this reveal came around. The Anime actually handled it so incredibly well. It was actually really sad.

That bath scene was cranked up a few notches as well, not that I am complaining though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 24, 2021 3:38 PM
Dec 2007
miros said:
LostSpectre said:

tbh

The commercial thing was in the manga, just not in the scanlations. They were the little omakes between chapters in the tankobon version. Theres a few others, where theyll show a scene how normal people see it and then contrast it with how Miko sees it the following chapter
Oct 24, 2021 4:02 PM

Jun 2016
Finally heavy fan service is back! XD thanks a lot for the bathroom scene, and at one point it seemed like an onee-chan x otouto doujin plot lol XD joking apart it is a very good episode, I was very surprised of the plot twist in the end, I didn't expect it and it was a very emotional moment when it is revealed that her dad is dead, the only good spirit she sees around.
Oct 24, 2021 4:44 PM
Aug 2021
MegamiRem said:
How casually they hit us hard with the plot twist at the end, like damn. When I first read the manga I never expected a plot twist like this and it caught me offguard. Watching this part animated after all this time still made me quite emotional. I'm glad they delivered that scene well.

Same. As a manga reader i had to reread the last few pages because of the plot twist. It hit hard. After watching the anime. It hit even harder
Oct 24, 2021 5:05 PM

Feb 2017
the dad omfg- i had to go back and skip thru the episode to see the dad interactions and confirm it. i was actually wondering like 'doesnt the dad work' as he was saying bye to her while she was leaving for school

well now i know why he doesnt work :-(

placeholder text
Oct 24, 2021 5:52 PM

Jan 2020
This was a pretty big step up this episode. The big old man and the monster alongside the dad were the first monsters I felt were spooky and grotesque. So them, plus I was actually taken back the sudden reveal at the end there. I don't think I haven't seen something coming in quite a while. I'm definitely a lot more hyped for this series now. Might need to pick up the manga sooner than later at this rate.

As a side note: that was some really nice fan service.

As a second side note: the random addition of a commercial bumper, and it's obscurity, threw me off quite a bit as well.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Oct 24, 2021 5:55 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ayy more Miko fanservice. Looks like Miko got an intense and often seeing them lately. I really hope her mental keep stabillize. But, who knows later? As expected with the tv show too, there must be something different from her perspective. But, lol, that commercial really opened up my eyes, that ghost can haunt inside of it, remembered me about certain trope about the ghost which out of the tv, if you know what i refer. The tiny old man also a good part. If i am not mistaken, my country had a name for that ghost, even though the depiction of it actually a bit different. So, yeah, that's good seeing those 'creature' on these show. Lmao.

Now for the main course. Miko's father as the twist was a decent surprise. I thought the brother with his complex care around his sister, only the one that got a spotlight on these episode. But, hell, i was wrong. The father revelation a nice addition on these one. Fuck that giant monster, the father still wanted the pudding. But, its not out of nowhere. I see there's something wrong with his sudden entrance this episode, more importantly as how they didn't react much with his appearance. He talked like to himself. So i guess that the foreshadowing, and, yep, Miko's father, see you later....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 24, 2021 6:40 PM

Aug 2020
So it seems that now the spirits are following Miko even at her house. Things will get even more exhausting now... In the beginnin of the episode, she bought a pudding with Hana. And it turns out that after all she gave the pudding for her father. Putting it on the little temple at their home.

The coin scene was very thrilling, even being just a matter of staying calm. The post-credits were disturbing, with those screams. And we find why she left home that time.

Kyousuke thought Miko had a boyfriend, and even worried about her neck xD

It's impressive she and Hana don't have one. Since they are do adorable.

There will be a new character next episode, and I guess it's the blondie with pink details in hair.
KitsuFrostOct 25, 2021 8:15 AM

Oct 24, 2021 6:48 PM

Jan 2016
LostSpectre said:
miros said:

tbh

Well, aside from the fact that the bath scene is animated instead of being completely static drawings, it's easily more sexual and fanservice heavy than the source material, to imply that they didn't change much of anything is just false, they even removed the steam on their butts from the shot where she's bathing the brother, giving us some equal opportunity fanservice lol. You just don't need to try this hard to make it seem like Passione isn't ramping up the fanservice, they have been doing so since the beginning, and I expect them to continue to do so, despite the manga essentially dropping it from ch. 8 onward.

if you are going to be that "technical" we may as well say it wasn't animated because both of her taking a shower and staying on the bathtub were indeed just still/static shots...

I'm not trying to do/protect anything my bro i just don't like reading BS ,if you paid attetion inmy previous comment i said they made the water transperent (why do you think they did that specially in a bath scene? because it's passione...) also fog-kun disappear (whcih i forgot to metion) but saying they "changed/added" a lot of thing it's straight up false

mirosOct 24, 2021 7:07 PM
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2021

260 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 4, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2021

147 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 3, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2021

126 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 2, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Syureria - Oct 31, 2021

144 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 1, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2021

304 by ReaperCreeper »»
Apr 30, 8:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.