Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 12, 2021 7:39 PM

Oct 2015
i play in normal mode, i don't think it's any fun to play in the easiest mode.
⠀     ‧     ⠀
Jul 13, 2021 9:31 PM

Jun 2015
i dont play many games but i always try hardest first
played lisa recently and didn't realize hard mode had very limited saves
gave anxiety to choices and consequences that i think was earned

but yeah, been choosing hardest since i played halo as a kid

that said, there's nothing wrong with whatever difficulty you want to play on
it's dumb to judge others for how to enjoy games
i think celeste is a game that comes to mind that handles this so perfectly with accessible cheats for every level of player
it's encouraging enough to make you want to turn them off and earn things, but it doesn't hinder players who cant or just would rather not

Jul 16, 2021 10:21 PM
Dec 2010
I usually start my games on normal difficulty. If the game allows me to adjust it through the game, I might tune it later. I usually don't even tune it too high up either if I find normal difficulty to be too lacking. But most games don't allow that so I stick with normal. Some games don't even have those options, lol. If I'm struggling, I go to easier modes, or if the game is known to be particularly difficult in ridiculous ways. I don't usually pick harder modes until I feel I'm ready for the next difficulty or finish the game once (for rpg types). And since some of these games are so long, I never end up playing it more than once unless I really like their games. Easy games are great for me when I'm feeling down.

Skill-based games, on the other hand, are all about moving up the difficulty so yea.

@_Nette_
Scrub Pride, lol.
Jul 16, 2021 10:43 PM

Dec 2019
I do play most of my games in easy or normal. That's just because I'd rather pay full attention to the story, rather than having to repeat a certain part a lot of times just because it's too difficult.
Jul 16, 2021 11:48 PM
Jul 2018
I usually play games on as hard of a difficulty as I can without it being totally infuriating. Playing shooter games for example, where you can't be touched is pretty boring to me, and a lot of the excitement and skill of the harder games isn't really there, but playing games where you instantly die with the tiniest mistake is just torturous and more stress than it's worth.

Games like tactical shooters have a bit of complexity and stuff that complement the difficulty though, and it's not as much of just taking less hits before you die. That's the kind of difficulty I usually gravitate towards. Obligatory Dark Souls mention here because that's a good example of a game like that, although it's usually misunderstood.

It's definitely understandable why people play easier though. After a long day, coming home and playing a video game just to retry the same part 15 times, or to get obliterated and lose all your progress can just suck lol.
Jul 16, 2021 11:48 PM

Aug 2020
sometimes I do because normally then i'm there for the story/ doing stupid crap while battling and it's fun

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

Jul 17, 2021 9:26 AM

Jul 2021
_Nette_ said:
As an adult I have come to the realization I have less time and energy to actually focus on a game at hand. That's why I have picked up the habit of playing games on the easiest setting because I have learned I am not here for a challenge but instead to experience the game and have fun. But that's just me, what about you?

And I know this opens the door to so much abuse from hardcore gamers but I don't give a fuck. Scrub pride!

I feel like you get the most out of the game when you crank it up. I can breeze through the game on the easier settings and never need to experiment with most of the games mechanics. The sense of danger at the higher settings adds a thrill and sense of accomplishment.

Used to agree with the time constraints notion, but I realized there's no rush to complete a game.
Jul 18, 2021 9:26 AM
Oct 2015
When I was kid, I'd always choose the easy one. Now, I don't. Though I'm not that masochist. I don't want to destroy my keyboard while playing a game.
If it's Easy > Normal > Hardcore > Insanity,
I'd choose 'Hardcore'.
Jul 18, 2021 9:38 AM

Oct 2009
nahh, aint turned on the xbox one in over a year. sick of the WOKE shiz being slapped into games.
Jul 18, 2021 5:21 PM

Mar 2021
i also prefer to make my games easier when i can. if i'm playing a video game, it's because i want to have fun. grinding and dying isn't fun, and i'm tired of people pretending that it is. get some help
Jul 22, 2021 7:49 PM

Apr 2021
if normal difficulty is a pain, then i go easy mode
BWAHHHHHHHHHHH
Jul 23, 2021 2:54 AM
May 2009
Depends on the game. I mainly play games for story rather than gameplay these days.

Only games I played again and again tended to be arcade style games.
Time Crisis, Fighting games, racing games,
Jul 23, 2021 5:12 AM

Jun 2021
I play most games on normal for the first time, but once it's beaten, I go in again on Hard difficulty
Jul 23, 2021 6:41 AM

Aug 2020
I pretty much always play games on normal for the first playthrough unless I need to win on a higher difficulty for an achievement and cbs doing two playthroughs

If I play a game a second time or NG+ I always play on harder difficulties

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Jul 23, 2021 7:07 AM
Jul 2018
Depends on the game, I usually play hack'n'slash games on harder difficulties, everything else I default to normal
Jul 23, 2021 9:26 PM
Jul 2018
It depends on the genre. If it’s a first person shooter, then I probably am playing on the easiest difficulty. I mainly play action-adventure games and JRPGS so those games I typically have it on normal and sometimes higher!
Jul 23, 2021 9:41 PM

Feb 2021
no, there's no fun that way..
Beating a game on a "Easy Difficulty" doesn't satisfy me (Beating a game in a normal, hard or insane difficulty would do)..
Jul 24, 2021 5:52 PM

Aug 2009
Only with X-Com because of the bullshit RNG.

Jul 24, 2021 11:19 PM
Jul 2018
in sports games I like to play on easy because I play with my favorite teams; if it's a different game I'll just play it on normal.
Jul 25, 2021 1:10 AM

Jul 2021
Normal Difficulty :3

Playing on Easy mode feels like I'm cheating lol
Jul 29, 2021 6:22 AM

May 2021
I had a phase when I was obsessed with playing everything on the highest difficulty, but in most cases it was just not fun and pure torture, especially in poorly balanced games.

I don't play much these days, except BL visual novels, but I'd play on normal and would choose easy only if I'm re-playing something, since in that case difficulty doesn't matter to me.
Jul 29, 2021 12:58 PM

Oct 2020
I oftenly go with the normal difficulty for the games with the genre that I think I can play rather nicely

"ꜱᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴜɴɪᴛᴇᴅ, ɪᴛ'ꜱ ʙᴀʀʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ ɴᴏ ᴅᴏᴏʀ..." -Aigis
Jul 30, 2021 1:13 AM

Jun 2020
Jul 30, 2021 11:35 AM

Aug 2020
I'll typically play through games on a normal difficulty. It's a fair balance between it not being a cakewalk and having limited time now that my schedule is busier.
Aug 1, 2021 1:10 AM

Apr 2018
I play at normal difficulty first and if the game is interesting and fun that I can play it again then I play at a higher difficulty.

Aug 1, 2021 2:13 AM

May 2021
If it's single player story based stuff like Wolfenstein, Elder Scrolls, Witcher, Fallout than yes though I will increase the difficulty if I'm just foot stomping everything but never too high that I cannot focus on the plot.

If it's online PVE stuff like Killing floor 2, Zombie army 4, Payday 2, than I will usually play the easiest difficulty early on and generally work my way to the highest possible difficulty before settling on the second highest as foot stomping everything is boring but being forced to stick to the meta with no forms of deviation like a robot is equally boring.
I like a challenge as well as reading up on or coming up tactics & strategy but not being able to play ad lib is pretty boring too
Aug 1, 2021 2:14 AM

Jul 2020
I'm a real gamer, I always play with hard difficulty.
[center][img]signature.png[/img][/center]
Aug 1, 2021 3:37 AM

May 2020
Normal difficulty for everything.

I'll replay the game on higher difficulty if I really enjoyed the said game, I think it's stupid to play on hard difficulty on the get go. Normal difficulty is perfect for being not too easy and not too hard, you get to enjoy the story as well.

Fuck me if you enjoy replying first few missions/quests 10x times and dying a lot.
Aug 1, 2021 3:21 PM
Jul 2018
i pretty much play on normal when i first play things then go to higher difficulty after

i only really use easy if im really struggling or i can get a trophy out of it
Aug 2, 2021 5:01 PM

Oct 2015
I play on the hardest difficulty, not because of the sentiment on overcoming a challenge and be rewarded, but I do it because it gets my adrenaline pumping, frustration and all. Then it'll be assuage later and it would feel the same way like when a wound is trickled in alcohol. The pain feels so good.
-Lofn-Aug 2, 2021 5:18 PM

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Aug 2, 2021 5:56 PM
Jun 2019
Generally stick to normal the way God and the developers intended. However if you just want to have fun, switching to scrub mode is OK
Aug 2, 2021 9:48 PM

Mar 2021
Sometimes, but I will raise it depending on the game.
"Molly Ringwald" out right now - check my Linktree!

Aug 2, 2021 11:23 PM

Jul 2019
If I struggle on normal difficulty I go easy mode,and if I like the game I raise the difficulty when I've finished it and try again.
Aug 3, 2021 11:19 PM

Jul 2020
I play games the wrong way especially for Pokemon I like to do nuzlockes or other weird ass challenges
Aug 4, 2021 4:22 PM

Feb 2012
Sometimes, when I experience a lot of genre/series fatigue like with the Kiseki saga. You can bet I was playing Sen 3&4 on Easy after 7 long games.

However, sometimes it would ruin the game. I remember when I put in infinite money gameshark code on SRW OG 2, got max upgrades on 2nd stage and quit the game. Later I restarted it and played with natural progression. Imo it just feels an important part of the game to pick your favorites and manage your resources based on that, rather than power through the story which has cool parts but ultimately it's not the important thing.

I will say that I feel like combat in general has began to feel like a chore in most games and I usually yawn when I see a trailer about killing stuff in RPGs over exploration. I'd say these days most important things in game is atmosphere (art, music, design) >waifus >exploration> story >combat.
Aug 5, 2021 2:55 PM
Jul 2018
i usually play on the "hardest" difficulty because that's where i usually get the most fun.

Everyone is different and will choose the difficulty where they can get the most enjoyment out of video games.
Aug 7, 2021 3:25 AM

Sep 2013
not including fighting games or mmos, yes. always. i do not like a challenge
Aug 7, 2021 8:45 AM

Jul 2016
usually, if i do not know better and if i am told i can change the difficulty later on, i choose normal. unless it is a game where you have to grind and drag your feet through the soil even in normal, which is not usually the case but. i will choose easy if i know the previous to be true, or if i am more interested in getting into the story more than actually playing a game if that makes sense. i'm far more involved in the plotline of a game typically, with the actual game mechanics being a second thought. it depends heavily on the type of game i'm playing though. some also make the easy difficulty way too lenient.
Aug 7, 2021 8:56 AM
Jul 2018
I pretty much always play on normal, very rarely I'll play on hard and I don't think I have ever played a game on easy mode before
Aug 7, 2021 11:09 PM
Oct 2018
If there's an achievement for doing it, then i will. I went through Ys Oath in Felghana on the easiest difficulty just for an achievement on steam. or i will sometimes if i just want to breeze through the game as fast as possible. but usually, i'll just do the standard difficulty for my first time or if i feel like it, or the hardest if i'm used to it
i think i've had enough
Aug 7, 2021 11:37 PM
Small Black Frog

Jul 2020
Nothing wrong with easy difficulty to be honest. Games should be... well, fun. I don't have to prove anything to anyone.
People can have different definitions of fun though, so nothing wrong with playing on ultra nightmare as well :P

I do a bit of everything. I'm usually sad that higher difficulty means more damage and hp on enemies. It would be lovely, to see different tactics or special moves.
• あきらめないで •

slice of life / drama / mystery / supernatural / fantasy / sci-fi / comedy

Aug 8, 2021 3:35 PM
先輩

Apr 2016
it really depends. if its a game from a series that im familiar with i usually play on normal or hard. but if its something thats known to be hard or something im brand new to with all around then usually i play on the easiest settings, and if i like it i will replay it at some point on the hardest setting
Aug 12, 2021 3:59 PM

Jun 2015
I used to, as a kid. Nowadays I mostly choose Normal. Especially when I used emulators with save states. But it really depends on the game.

Tiny Toons ACME All-Stars is an example of the game where I can easily defeat CPU even on Extra Hard mode, while Daytona USA 2001 is a game that's frustratingly hard to me even on Easy mode.
daky-kunAug 12, 2021 4:03 PM

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Aug 13, 2021 12:09 AM

Jan 2021
I always go for the medium difficulty setting at first.
If I ever play the game again, I go for the higher difficulties.
Aug 13, 2021 1:18 AM

Sep 2016
Mostly on normal, although I completed Witcher 3 on the highest difficulty on my first playthrough.
Aug 14, 2021 2:25 PM

Feb 2016
Hell no, I always start out on Normal then go up from there. Period
Aug 14, 2021 6:35 PM

Sep 2018
yes usually i do

bc im a wuss
Aug 14, 2021 9:37 PM
Jul 2018
No I only play on hardest difficulty. Other wise it'd waste time for trophy/achievement hunter like me.
Aug 15, 2021 5:47 PM
Jul 2018
I usually just go with normal/medium since I feel like playing on harder difficulties is overly stressful/time-wasting (depending on the game anyway)
Aug 17, 2021 1:07 AM
Aug 2021
I play games on normal difficulty.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Wuthering Waves

ashisland - May 20

19 by Badonkers »»
2 hours ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

536 by creepylurker »»
3 hours ago

» Do you play Akinator?

bronycon42 - Nov 29, 2023

11 by Alex111222 »»
Yesterday, 7:40 AM

Poll: » On a scale of 1 to 10 how importent are graphics to you in a AAA game

TheSuaveAlt - Mar 8

20 by Stomiks »»
Yesterday, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Do you like to play older games? (Not retro)

KenaiPhoenix - Dec 30, 2023

26 by Stomiks »»
Yesterday, 4:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.