Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Post New Reply
Jul 6, 11:06 PM
Local Bug Furry

As an adult I have come to the realization I have less time and energy to actually focus on a game at hand. That's why I have picked up the habit of playing games on the easiest setting because I have learned I am not here for a challenge but instead to experience the game and have fun. But that's just me, what about you?

And I know this opens the door to so much abuse from hardcore gamers but I don't give a fuck. Scrub pride!

♡ Harder Daddy ♡

Jul 7, 1:11 AM

I usually play everything on the hardest difficulty as otherwise I feel like I'm not experiencing the full game.
Lately I tend to sometimes lower the difficulty if I feel like the game-play is garbage and I'm wasting my time trying to get better at it.

Jul 7, 1:14 AM

If it's supposed to very hard game or very unbalanced (smt games and sky trilogy )
Then normal difficulty
If not then hardest difficulty as along i dont have to spam healing move like every turn that just boring
As for action hack and slash game normal difficultly

Jul 7, 1:32 AM

No I almost always play on normal difficulty. I may raise it sometimes, but never lower it.

Jul 7, 1:33 AM
me like why play games at all? lol just watch professional tournaments if its esports

Jul 7, 2:41 AM
Nowadays Normal.
If the game is a drag and doesn't affect trophies and I am not interested in gameplay more on the narrative I will play it on the easy mode.

Very few games actually need a hard mode.

Jul 7, 3:29 AM

Yeah i do play games on easy since i mainly play for fun.

Jul 7, 3:39 AM
Panty Theif

I never play on the easiest difficulty because I feel like I'm cheating myself. However I never usually play on the hardest difficulty unless I have prior experience playing the series or I feel my punishment kink.

Jul 7, 6:07 AM

As a kid, I always played games on the easiest difficulty, but once I became an adult, I started playing them on normal.

Jul 7, 6:10 AM

I'd just play on hard. I actually hate how some games like Yakuza lock the actual "legend" difficulty away until you've already completed the game.

On easy mode I think you can just brute force your way through most games without learning mechanics, and that doesn't feel like an artistically intended experience.

Jul 7, 6:22 AM

I kinda feel like you and also easy just feels way more fun for me than having to replay certain scenarios of a game 50 times

Jul 7, 6:37 AM

Either easy or normal cuz I'm a noobie

Jul 7, 7:11 AM

Depends on the console honestly. Modern consoles Default/Normal whatever it is usually. I normally only go hardest if I'm trophy hunting.

Atari ST, Philips CD-i, NES & ZX Spectrum are naturally harder anyway and some I don't think even have difficulty levels on them (that I can remember anyway?)
#1 Little Sheepling

Jul 7, 7:20 AM

I usually play at least on normal difficulty because I still like to have some challenge, but for games like Dark Souls, I sometimes wish there was an easy mode.
So... depends on the game ig.

Jul 7, 7:39 AM

It depends a bit on what type of game and how frustrating the experience is

Car games. Always easy. I suck at them and get easily triggered =P and therefore prefer racing games like Forza or Need For Speed. Forza you can adjust difficulty settings and in need for speed I don't need to because its not about realism its about speed =P

RPG always normal

First-person shooter fighting games platformer or horror I like a challenge

Sports games always easy Lol. I like to win =P and the computer let me

So it varieties from game to game and frustration

Jul 7, 7:57 AM

It depends on the gameplay mechanics. I'm very impatient with games and don't care about mastering the controls unless I absolutely love the game, and if playing on easy saves me time without diminishing the overall experience for me then I'll play on easy. Most jrpgs I play are fairly balanced and give the best experience on normal, but with something like the Yakuza series I don't care much about the gameplay and always play on easy to save time.

Jul 7, 12:05 PM

If it isn't the hardest difficulty then I don't feel like I completed the game.

I mean... I completed Sekiro Demon-Bell Charmless Base-Vitality.

Jul 7, 2:05 PM

Depends on the game and how much time I want to put into it. I'll usually try to play a game on normal and change the difficulty if I feel the need to.
With longer games like rpgs, I might start on the easiest difficulty on my first playthrough to save some time.

Jul 7, 3:35 PM

my first playthrough is always normal difficulty, then if i liked the game enough or if i'm achievement hunting, i do more playthroughs increasing it.
i never play on easy unless it's required for an achievement.

gimme a break...

Jul 7, 6:55 PM

I never play on easiest.

As for what I actually choose, it depends.

If there are only 2-3 difficulties, I go for the the hardest.
If there are multiple difficulties (5+), I go for the second hardest option. I like challenges, but I'm not a masochist.
If I know the game is already tailor-made for masochists, I play on normal.

I also normally only play a game for one full walkthrough, but if a game hides more content in the harder difficulties and I like the game enough, then I may go for another playthrough.... may

Jul 7, 7:27 PM

No shame in it.
I'll turn on easy mode if (a) the battle system is boring and forces grinding, or (b) the game seems to be story-centric and i dont feel like investing too much time.

Jul 7, 7:32 PM

I play on whatever difficulty is just above normal

Jul 7, 7:34 PM
Laughing Man

Usually in the second to hardest difficulty. I'm not hardcore enough to go for those 1 hit death rage inducing modes.

Jul 7, 7:48 PM

The lowest difficulty I play on is Normal mode since easy is often cheezy.

Jul 7, 7:55 PM

For as long as I recall, I’ve never played a video game on easy mode. Usually I’d start at normal, but at certain games where I have more experience or expertise I would play on the more challenging difficulties.

Jul 7, 8:09 PM

I always play on the hardest difficulty, I want my experience to feel authentic I guess. I want to be able to say "I am experiencing this game to it's fullest limits and I am doing it well."

If I play an easy game I can still have fun, I'm not a tryhard or anything, but there is a feeling of satisfaction that comes from the hardest difficulty. It's kinda hard to get into game genres I don't understand because I want to play it on a hard difficulty but can't and give up or play it on a easier difficulty and feel less satisfied/get bored.

Jul 7, 8:18 PM

I usually play on normal, or at least whatever difficulty provides somewhat of a challenge. I don't enjoy when games are too easy (apart from those times where you get max lvl items and whatnot).

Unless the game is unfair though, then I cba

Jul 8, 12:07 PM

I play on normal and might only raise it if I find it way too easy or I am pretty experienced with a particular series' gameplay. While I like a challenge, I just want something fun to play in my limited time nowadays and playing on the hardest difficulty, it could potentially put me off.

Jul 8, 1:21 PM

I usually play games on normal difficulty.

Jul 8, 3:17 PM

I also choose the easiest difficulty especially since I play most games only for its story these days. Even when it comes to gameplay I never liked to be challenged I just want things to be fun and relaxing. I like mindlessly killing stuff without trying it relaxes me. Also when it comes to not having energy for it, I feel the same. I used to be a trophy hunter but have lacked energy and motivation to 100% games and really don't care about it anymore.

Jul 8, 3:30 PM

Only if I've already done almost everything and have some lame achievement or collectible left to get. Very rare. I normally don't go for achievements anyway.

Jul 8, 4:37 PM

Normal always normal unless trophies requires lower or higher difficulties playthrough. I usually play the 4th hardest difficulty only with games I really like.

Jul 9, 2:13 AM

jvsonn said:
I usually play games on normal difficulty.

Same here as I don't mind having some challenge or grind. Sometimes I'll go for achievements as well.

Jul 9, 2:14 AM

Never. I always start normal diff, and If I've enjoyed enough I start with hard mode
Too lazy for a signature

Jul 9, 2:29 AM

I always go with normal/medium, In many games they tell you it's the recommended difficulty after all.
I don't speak English that much, so please cut me some slack

Jul 9, 2:52 AM

Nope, I need a challenge to be entertained. At the same time, I also avoid the hardest difficulty since at that point it just becomes a chore to play through. It's either gonna be played on normal or the one above it (depends on the game).

Jul 10, 9:06 PM

I try to play as hard as possible but if it's not balanced or just the usual hard for the sake of being hard like enemies with more health so it takes longer to beat the game then normal is the way to go.

Jul 10, 9:11 PM

Naw I'm not a p*ssy

I play on the hardest difficulty and then switch to the easiest when I realize I've made a grave mistake

Jul 10, 9:46 PM

When I first play it. Once I get the hang of it, I would rather turn it up a little
I love One Piece and Gintama

Jul 10, 10:06 PM

Always start with normal or medium then gradually go for harder one. There is no challenge if we go for easy difficulty.

Jul 10, 10:24 PM

Only to see what the difference is. Don't see much point if I get infinite retries, on top of enemies that barely react to your presence.

I tend to stick to normal if its something Im new to, but it's not unusual for me to shift to higher difficulties once I understand how the game wants me to play

Jul 11, 4:08 AM

Pretty much. If I'm at least familiar to the game and a little bit daring, maybe I can try some other difficulties.
merry christmas :3

Jul 11, 5:04 AM

Very rarely. I find normal difficulty in games which have difficulty settings is well balanced. If I'm playing a horror game — like I did with The Evil Within 1 & 2 — I'd put it on easy because I'm a pussy.

Jul 11, 5:33 AM

I'd play it on normal first and once i get the normal completed i try out other modes :) annddddd like the person above,, i put horror games on easy lmao (i cant finish a hard story with WAYYYY too many jumpscares)
“I am the Dark Flame Master. Perish, enveloped in the flames of darkness!”

Jul 11, 2:26 PM

I have been an adult for about 20 yrs now and only started gaming 15 years back. so that realization dawned on me then.

I have been playing on easy for 14 or so years.....

I dont game much so only a few titles.....

Jul 11, 2:34 PM

If I'm playing a game for the world building/story I always do the easiest difficulty and if it's a old ass game without a difficulty option I'll just throw open Cheat Engine find the health value and max it to 9999999 or something lmao

This usually only applies to JRPG though, western RPG's like Skyrim, Fallout or Wtcher 3 I usually play on hard because the gameplay is more important.

And that's not to say I hate hard games, I've already breezed through Dark Souls, Demon Souls etc but that is because their entire purpose is being hard where as a game for the story being hard feels like nothing but a barrier to go forward.

Jul 11, 9:02 PM

normal diff.

there's not much challenge in easy diff which makes it boring

Jul 12, 9:33 AM

Hard mode if it's a shooter, and normal mode for most other games. The only time I've ever turned easy mode on is with simulation games when I just feel like fucking around and building things.

Jul 12, 11:52 AM

Always in normal. I was going to say that I lower difficulty when I'm struggling but... Now that I think of it, I think I tend drop them instead of changing its difficulty. For example, I started Hollow Knight like a year ago but I dropped it because it was too difficult for me. Heck, I even bought Celeste recently and now I don't know if I'll make it lol. Anyway, although I usually suck, normal difficulty is alright for me.

Jul 12, 5:18 PM

I never go bellow normal. there are a lot of games that punish you for playing on easy mode.

Touhou is notorious for that.

touhou 6 you get made fun of and told you must be tired and are banned form fighting the final boss.

touhou 10 the final boss is actually harder on easy mode.

and personally I crave a little challenge in my games.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »