Forum Settings
Forums

Which Anime that you hope to get a Remake??

New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 29, 2021 7:18 PM

Feb 2021
Pandora Hearts deserves a proper remake with Yuki Kajiura being in-charge of the music. That'd be really great since it's my favourite manga.
Jun 29, 2021 7:28 PM

Jan 2021
Arifureta: even tho the second ss is coming out
Beserk: so there will be a reason for me to watch it
Tokyo Ghoul: or maybe not
Boruto: replace as Himawari

“The first requirement of being a hero isn’t being right. It’s being strong. That’s why the hero always wins.” – Koyomi Araragi

Jun 29, 2021 7:35 PM

Jul 2013
Claymore. My favourite manga of all time. Got myself all the volumes in retail, extra works and posters and all that.

Madhouse adaptation was acceptable, seeing as the manga was not over, but damn... It left more than half of the story untouched.
Gotta update this soon™
Jun 29, 2021 7:36 PM

Feb 2021
Definitely Tokyo Ghoul and Berserk.

Jun 29, 2021 7:37 PM

Sep 2020
Acnologia_19 said:
I need saber route

Pls ufotable remake stay night 😒
I crave for the same buddy
Hope we get it........!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2021 7:37 PM

Dec 2020
Zelkiiro said:
Absolutely not. That trash route got the adaptation it deserves.

Come on it wasn't THAT bad, though I would rather see a Tsukihime anime instead since the only thing the Fate route has over the other two is being more Saber focused.
Jun 29, 2021 7:38 PM

Feb 2021
DigiCat said:
Zatch Bell, i heard they never adapted the full manga, and english dub was never even completed

Also manga got cancelled in english, so i'm hoping a remake would gain enough hype for the manga to be fully released

Aye I feel ya. It's a pretty good anime. It's currently on my watch list.

Jun 29, 2021 7:41 PM

Jan 2021
Akame ga kill
Umineko

Maybe classroom of the elite
Just watch anime instead of looking at forums
Jun 29, 2021 7:41 PM

Jun 2019
MacchiaStella said:
Inuyasha.

A remake with a few changes.

What would you change about it? Just curious. From the volumes I’ve read, it’s not too far off, save for the filler episodes.
Also, SOUL EATER needs a reboot! Lol, that ending was uhh… improvable. Plus I’m sure it’d be successful since so many people liked the original anime. And Inu x Boku SS since the anime never adapted the huge twist which made the manga so amazing and sad. I need a reboot so they’ll keep publishing the manga and I can finish my collection:/
Jun 29, 2021 7:48 PM

Aug 2018
Juuni Kokuki - because the original series is incomplete and leaves a lot of the plot unresolved.

Rozen Maiden - The original has an anime-only ending and it's not bad but could be so much better.

S-cry-ed - This show would be perfect if they edited out the character Mimori, and gave it a better soundtrack.
Jun 29, 2021 7:53 PM

Aug 2020
Berserk, especially the Conviction and Millennium Falcon arcs since they got butchered so badly

γ€Œ 𝕂𝕖π•ͺ π•₯𝕙𝕒π•₯ π•™π•šπ••π•–π•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕀 𝕠𝕗 π••π•’π•£π•œπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•€, 𝕀𝕙𝕠𝕨 π•žπ•– π•ͺ𝕠𝕦𝕣 π•₯𝕣𝕦𝕖 π•—π• π•£π•ž 」

Jun 29, 2021 7:59 PM
Jul 2018
Slam Dunk, Claymore and Rurouni Kenshin
Jun 29, 2021 8:13 PM

May 2021
A deadman wonderland remake would be nice...
Jun 29, 2021 8:16 PM

Nov 2017
taylormoo said:

What would you change about it? Just curious. From the volumes I’ve read, it’s not too far off, save for the filler episodes.

"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Jun 29, 2021 8:24 PM

May 2018
It's definitely classroom of the elite and tokyo ghoul for me. The manga readers said that root A was different from the manga, and to be honest, this made the later seasons more confusing and stuff(I did like root A tho). Also, I do strongly agree with tokyo ghoul being rushed af lol(esp tokyo ghoul:re and so on)

β–Άβ–Ά

𝙃𝙀𝙬 π™™π™€π™šπ™¨ π™žπ™© π™›π™šπ™šπ™‘ 𝙩𝙀 𝙣𝙀𝙩 π™šπ™­π™žπ™¨π™©?
- π˜”π˜ͺ𝘴𝘒𝘬π˜ͺ π˜”π˜¦π˜ͺ

β–Άβ–Ά
Jun 29, 2021 9:27 PM

Dec 2009
3x3 Eyeys without a doubt, the ova only covered a fraction of the story
Jun 29, 2021 9:28 PM

Jan 2020
The 2006 fate stay night. I need saber to receive that ufotable love

Jun 29, 2021 9:37 PM

Apr 2020
Akame ga kill and Soul Eater remake adapting the whole manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2021 10:02 PM

May 2016
CLADDAN said:
Zelkiiro said:
Absolutely not. That trash route got the adaptation it deserves.

Come on it wasn't THAT bad, though I would rather see a Tsukihime anime instead since the only thing the Fate route has over the other two is being more Saber focused.

I'd be fine with a Tsukihime remake adaptation.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jun 29, 2021 10:28 PM

Nov 2018
Well I got one, and that's Shaman King. Very happy it's got remade to go with the manga, much better.

Now if only Soul Eater could come next. It was ended way too short!
Jun 29, 2021 10:38 PM

Jul 2013
I'll say it once again, Hyper Police. The characters are simply more relatable than those in more mainstream shounen manga. It also deserves to have better animations while presenting "arcs" or details that Pierrot didn't cover.

I hate it when Pierrot leaves adaptations incomplete unless it's Naruto or Boruto.

Another contender would go to Sorcerer Hunters. My friend from DeviantArt is dying to see one of her characters in the series get adapted.

The advantage of remakes is that they'll look better at 4K because most old anime are unfit to be remastered to UHD. Studio Pierrot couldn't make GTO's animation futureproof unfortunately. Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion, El Hazard (OVA) and even the Record of Lodoss War's (TV) animations are more futureproof.

GTO has details in animation that I simply don't like. The way the slapstick humor was presented looks really ugly.
Jun 29, 2021 10:52 PM

Jul 2014
Spice and Wolf, and finish it, I really love the first (and second) seasons of the original show but if they're not continuing it cause of the purely 2d art style, just go modern, I don't care, just finish the goddamn anime D:
Jun 29, 2021 10:52 PM
May 2015
dream_mirror said:
jc9622 said:
Umineko, for sure....I'm a big fan of Higurashi and when I heard about Umineko, I wanted to get into the franchise and heard there was an anime for it. I heard from people who watched the anime version though that the anime adaptation wasn't that good and it's best to just play the VN or read the manga.

Except I hate playing VNs because I don't have the patience for it and I don't read manga nowadays so I'm hoping they remake the Umineko anime, considering Higurashi got a 3rd Season and is getting a 4th Season very soon. The premise for Umineko looks interesting and I genuinely want to get into the franchise, but only in the anime format.

There's just way too much content in the visual novels. A faithful Umineko adaptation would probably need 64-100 episodes.

In case you need context on how long the novels are:

Bummer D: Figured that was the case. I'll probably just watch someone's playthrough of Umineko or if I have the time, read the manga because I heard the manga was faithful to the source material.

Jun 29, 2021 10:56 PM

Jun 2019
[spoiler]
MacchiaStella said:
taylormoo said:

[spoiler]

I get some of the points you’re making, but in my honest opinion I don’t think they’ll ever make those changes. It would be interesting to see an older cast of characters with all the same plot points, but that’s getting into dangerous territory where fans will probably get upset about the original work being changed. I know shows have done it before where they spin a beloved fan-favorite, and there’s been a lot of encouragement, like with the new version of Dororo. However, with that manga there was hardly enough content to create an entire 24-ep series, so a lot of details were needed for better development, etc.

I’d love to see a series like how you described, but only if the mangaka were to permit it. For me, it really comes down to what the original creator would want, although I still haven’t watched Yashahime, despite her support. I guess I prefer the original story, although I wouldn’t mind a reimagining as much as a spin-off.
Jun 29, 2021 11:32 PM

Oct 2008
Remakes:

Shingetsutan Tsukihime
Juuni Kokuki
Saint Beast

Sequel:

Tenjou Tenge
Jun 30, 2021 12:44 AM

Jan 2021
Toaru season 3 needs to adapt the source material better. Skipped a lot due to which it becomes confusing and impossible to watch. Also TPN2 same case of skipping source material.
Jun 30, 2021 12:51 AM
Oct 2015
Tokyo Ghoul, Moonlight Mile, Baccano, Gantz and..

I know it's a dream..

But I need a remake of One Piece when it gets finished. The current one sucks.
Jun 30, 2021 12:52 AM

Dec 2020
A remake for the anime that does not exist would be great. The VN for Tsukihime is one of my favourites so I hope it can get a good adaptation.

Jun 30, 2021 12:56 AM

Mar 2015
NONE!
Nothing can beats older animation
Jun 30, 2021 1:06 AM

Feb 2021
SLAM DUNK, this Anime needs a complete reboot with the full story in the manga and if possible no fillers.

If Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Quest and Shaman King got a reboot, why not make a reboot of this series as well.
This series deserves one.
Jun 30, 2021 1:07 AM

Jan 2021
A berserk remake is needed.
And tsukihime remake is already coming so.. :)
Jun 30, 2021 1:21 AM

Jun 2013
Definitely Higurashi. Passione did a much better job at actually conveying what Higurashi is all about than Deen ever did. Only problem is that Gou isn't actually a remake like a lot of us thought it would be.
Jun 30, 2021 1:28 AM
Jul 2017
Kingdom, Berserk, Claymore, Fate Saber Route and lastly not a remake but can be please get another season for Arakawa Under The Bridge. Oh and I almost forgot about Tokyo Ghoul.
Jun 30, 2021 1:30 AM

Jul 2020
Syreid said:
Record of Ragnarok
But in a all seriousness Claymore, Pandora Hearts, Fate route as others have mentioned previously. Pretty much all 3 got butchered hard towards the end.

ROR
My fellow Earthling You said what
I wanted TO...
Jun 30, 2021 2:41 AM

Nov 2020
Tokyo Ghoul
Original NGE with better animation, visuals and better explanation about the Adam and the Eve thingy.
One Piece Kai where they remove all the fillers, Make it perfectly paced and make animation consistently good throughout the anime.

═════════════════════════════
You're going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road.
It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn't it?
I'm sure you'll overcome this.
You'll walk again... soon.

═════════════════════════════
Jun 30, 2021 2:44 AM

Apr 2021
I really want classroom of the elite to get a remake
Jun 30, 2021 2:49 AM
Jan 2021
Claymore remake

One piece remake(well this is honestly impossible)
Jun 30, 2021 2:49 AM
Jan 2021
Phosphophyllita said:
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru first season, that's all

Why is the anime not fateful to the ln?
Jun 30, 2021 2:50 AM
Jan 2021
extremophile said:

Is the anime wasn't fateful to the ln?
Jun 30, 2021 2:52 AM
Jul 2018
How about a remake of YKK and they give us atleast more episodes than just four pitiful episodes.
Jun 30, 2021 2:54 AM

Oct 2018
Angel_crush1 said:
Phosphophyllita said:
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru first season, that's all

I don't know, I didn't read the LN and I don't care, they are different media, thus they can be different.
I'd like a remake because there's an animation gap between the first season and the following seasons.

If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jun 30, 2021 2:56 AM

Apr 2021
Angel_crush1 said:
extremophile said:

Is the anime wasn't fateful to the ln?

I haven't read the light novels but from what i heard people say it was not faithful to its source material. Apparently it's impossible for it to get a s2 from where s1 ended. It also got boycotted in Japan for that reason.
Jun 30, 2021 3:03 AM
Jan 2021
Phosphophyllita said:
Angel_crush1 said:

I don't know, I didn't read the LN and I don't care, they are different media, thus they can be different.
I'd like a remake because there's an animation gap between the first season and the following seasons.

Ohhh yeah i was also feeling uncomfortable watch the next season cause they just change the art style especially in the mc character design i wasn't really a fan of it.............
Jun 30, 2021 3:35 AM

Mar 2020
tokyo ghoul for suree
the manga is soo much better and if they make one they should go for 24 eps per season or more
Jun 30, 2021 9:05 AM

Mar 2013
Pandora Hearts for sure. It has such a great plot, but the anime now doesn't give it justice
Jun 30, 2021 11:36 AM
Jul 2018
I would want a remake of Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom and One Outs(or a new season of one outs).
KiR4T said:
A berserk remake is needed.
And tsukihime remake is already coming so.. :)

I'm sorry if I ruined your happiness, but they are remaking the visual novel not anime. You should know that if you watched the trailer.
Jun 30, 2021 12:09 PM

Oct 2019
Pandora Hearts 100%

Been waiting for it for years.
Jun 30, 2021 12:19 PM

Jun 2015
Nothing deserves to be ruined, no matter if it was lacklustre.
Jun 30, 2021 12:20 PM

Sep 2014
Honestly Darling in the Franxx. Stop with the empty SoL episodes after ep8 and just get the rebellion arc going everyone wanted.

The first 7 or 8 episodes really made me think this would be another classic like TTGL, but the end of ep 12 which had serious world building after SoL overload literally ended with the character saying "Well who cares" and at that point I was sure this would suck.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 30, 2021 12:21 PM
Mar 2018
I have never watched berserk but I heard great things from it. I would love to see it on a 2020+ remake handled by a good animation house. I'm starting the manga anytime soon lol.

Also, I would love so get to see a Blood+ remake. I think it was among my first animes and I can't quite remember most of the plot, but would love to watch a remake.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you sacrifice the rest of your life if you could spend one year with your favorite character?

Shizuna - Jun 3

38 by Adnash »»
53 seconds ago

» Watching the same anime over and over again

otaku2000anime - 4 hours ago

8 by Rinrinka »»
4 minutes ago

» Does it REALLY matter if media gets ruined?

APolygons2 - 2 hours ago

9 by pk8list »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » How important is sound design in Anime

ST63LTH - 3 hours ago

7 by Rinrinka »»
8 minutes ago

» Have you ever considered picking up drawing anime as a hobby? ( 1 2 3 )

Anjuro - Jun 3

102 by ryan77999 »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.