Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tokyo Revengers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 10, 2021 2:37 PM
Mar 2015
As a manga reader, it was just so good :(
I'm really excited to see how it's going to continue, and it has a chance to be better than the manga.
Just can't wait for next week, even though I know what comes next.
Apr 10, 2021 2:38 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
Homie broke one of the biggest time travel rule, to not tell anyone about the future, and succeeded. Fair play to the lad.
Apr 10, 2021 2:39 PM

Mar 2018
REALLY wasn't expecting this!! Killer OST, unique designs, and a far more sensitive protagonist than I expected from a show about gangs. I absolutely love the gimmick of this show and it's going up there on my "need to watch" weeklies. Hats off.
Apr 10, 2021 2:42 PM

Jan 2019
Yup, looks like this anime is my nice surprise of this season.
What a great first episode. A mix of delinquent, romance and comedy genre.
Apr 10, 2021 2:45 PM

Jan 2008
That was a very solid opening. I liked all the characters and the plot is very interesting. Takemichi looked quite young as an adult despite having a bad life. I also like that we get some delinquent anime as well. Last one I saw was Ahiru no Sora and I kind of craved more since I watched that.

I've already got a couple of theories. (I've not read nor know anything about the manga)

1. The person who pushed Takemichi in the first place might be himself.

2. One of his friends is responsible for the death of Tachibana in the present
Apr 10, 2021 2:45 PM

Jan 2019
A pretty good start to a great series. Hoping that LIDEN keeps this quality throughout all the episodes.
Natsuh said:
Man that was a good episode Mickey is an absolute badass off the get go and i fell like there will be some interesting developments in future episodes

Mikey hasn't shown up yet, did you watch the promotional 3-in-1 episode?
"Never underestimate the stupidity of the average anime fan"
Apr 10, 2021 2:50 PM
Jan 2019
KANLen09 said:
Heh, one of the best manga of Weekly Shonen Magazine, and we're finally here with the ever-promising 2-cour adaptation.
Is this really a 2 cour? That will make me very excited if it is.
Apr 10, 2021 2:52 PM

Jul 2015
its a nice watch but the art style felt mediocre and the OP or the ED? was just meh..
the plot seems interesting and since it has so much hype.. i have some what not high but expectations that i will be satisfied..
Naoto looks like a good support imo..
Apr 10, 2021 2:57 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014

Just noticed this, i am not saying anything.
lucio54Apr 10, 2021 3:02 PM
Apr 10, 2021 3:01 PM

Jan 2008
lucio54 said:

Can you read what it says? Might be perfectly innocent. Maybe.
Apr 10, 2021 3:02 PM

Apr 2010
Went into this thinking the plot outline looked interesting. Wasn't expecting to be blown away by how good the episode was. Really looking forward to the rest of the series.
Apr 10, 2021 3:03 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
UberBat said:
lucio54 said:

Can you read what it says? Might be perfectly innocent. Maybe.

I know, its just funny because the anime has an swastika in the title so, the staff have guts lul.
Apr 10, 2021 3:18 PM

Jun 2019
Not gonna lie, I was expecting it to start better given all the hype around it, but I’m optimistic.

The premise of leaping from the present to the past and changing things for the better has a lot of potential.

I assume the main character will learn to not be dumbass loser as the series progresses. Idk how he has forgotten so much about his middle school years and his girlfriend that was apparantly the love of his life, but maybe that will be explained.

I don’t like how the art for the characters, but that’s LIDENFILMS for ya.
Apr 10, 2021 3:28 PM

Aug 2015
I don't know how Naoto managed to save him, the train was like 1 meter away from him.
but aside from that, I really enjoyed the episode also got some Tanya the evil vibes from his "death".
see you next week!
Apr 10, 2021 3:31 PM

Jul 2012
Ohhh nice! I'm already hooked on this one. It reminded me of Erased a bit. I love time-traveling stories!
Apr 10, 2021 3:38 PM
Jul 2020
Rizaadxn said:
A pretty good start to a great series. Hoping that LIDEN keeps this quality throughout all the episodes.
Natsuh said:
Man that was a good episode Mickey is an absolute badass off the get go and i fell like there will be some interesting developments in future episodes

Mikey hasn't shown up yet, did you watch the promotional 3-in-1 episode?

Yeah i did i guess at first i thought it was episode one i guess i have to go and watch the first episode haha
Apr 10, 2021 3:42 PM
Feb 2018
i just want to see MICKEY !!!!!!!!!
Letsgoooooooooo
Apr 10, 2021 3:44 PM
Discord Moderator
Feb 2014
Nice surprise from Lidenfilms for once. Wasn't expecting much because it was from them, but was actually a good first episode.
Apr 10, 2021 3:46 PM

Aug 2020
Atlos said:
Stark700 said:

Which sites list as episode 0?

Schedule clearly indicates episode 1 airs this week and I've never heard of episode 0 before.
http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/5939#544843
Ignore me then. It's just that on 9anime it is called episode 0 so I'd thought I'd bring it up
Lol is the same to me i thought that episode 0 was introduction of the series but it's was just a 23mins of teaser that's waste my time i guest but worth it spoiler to people who did read manga.

Apr 10, 2021 3:48 PM
Sep 2020
A good episode that that has made me dejected on how shit and reserved my highschool life is currently, especially with not gf which the MC has. This ep is a clear reminder that you should protect your loved ones, so that you won't feel guilty later on if something happens to them. Animation, music, Va, premise is to my liking and I look forward to seeing what actions the MC takes to acquire his goal of saving his gf.
Apr 10, 2021 3:59 PM
Mar 2021
I really liked how we got straight into the action

I like all the characters that we have been introduced to so far

Gives me Erased vibes but I will definitely continue watching it
Apr 10, 2021 3:59 PM
Mar 2021
Pretty good first episode, the show reminds me of erased and takemichi is an interesting character
Apr 10, 2021 4:17 PM

Jul 2011
Character design-wise this one feels that have more flavor than any other anime of this season.

Was a cool episode. But im curious the time travel mechanic, because if im right, the power is acquired by life threatening means, like Persona 3, that they shoot themselves.
Apr 10, 2021 4:21 PM
Jan 2021
I liked it but I think it might go down a very similar storyline to erased
Apr 10, 2021 4:24 PM
Mar 2021
Loved it. Good start, I love the premise of the story about time leap. The story is also interesting to follow, maybe like Erased? The animations also look good and the ED is cool too. Okay, this is a great first episode.
Apr 10, 2021 4:28 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
This episode was okay, but whole time travel mechanic is going to be very confusing going forward. I usually stay away from shows that deal with time travel because the story can get out of control. Luckily, the time travel was permanent as the brief moment in time allowed Takemichi to see Hinata again and because he told her little brother that he was going to die, his life was saved by the same person in the present. I'm not sure how Naoto was able to save him when Takemichi was on the tracks. Maybe he got to him before he was pushed of the platform. Despite all that, Hinata still ended up being murdered so how is Takemichi going to help him this time?
Apr 10, 2021 4:40 PM

Jan 2020
The pv looked really ugly but the animation/visuals feel much nicer and cleaner in the actual episode.

Time travel concept can be hit or miss so hopefully it won't shoot itself

Apr 10, 2021 4:42 PM

Jan 2008
NameLessMofo said:
I don't know how Naoto managed to save him, the train was like 1 meter away from him.
but aside from that, I really enjoyed the episode also got some Tanya the evil vibes from his "death".
see you next week!

Naoto was dead in the timeline that Takemichi was hit by a train. So likely altering the past had some sort of impact in that event that Takemichi couldn't recall due to him still being transient between the time travel and the original timeline.
Apr 10, 2021 4:55 PM
Aug 2020
Lol, this is just Erased but worse. At least Erased had good animation
Apr 10, 2021 4:59 PM
Apr 10, 2021 4:59 PM

Dec 2016
I'm not a manga reader but I've heard how good the manga is, so I'm expecting great things from this adaptation. Since we don't know how many episodes Tokyo Revengers will have, I'm looking forward to have a long adaptation, with 24 episodes or so.

This first episode feels kinda weak, really, but for sure It's going to get better.

The fake is of far greater value. In its deliberate attempt to be real, it's more real than the real thing.

If u hate monogatari, u are just dumb
Apr 10, 2021 5:15 PM

Mar 2018
wow i knew i would enjoy this show because of the trailer at the Crunchyroll awards

but i was not expecting that ERASED like twist of flashing back to change the present

and looks like takemichi is gonna keep going back because that's where the gang fights are gonna be

That's the reason i was gonna start this show because of the fighting but it looks like its gonna be more intricate which is a huge plus

love the character designs right off the bat too. It's giving me fire force vibes
Apr 10, 2021 5:24 PM

Jul 2014
So they censored the manji 卍 after all, huh? Or maybe in a future Bluray it will appear, I hope so.
Apr 10, 2021 5:26 PM

Apr 2014
skapito said:
I'm not a manga reader but I've heard how good the manga is, so I'm expecting great things from this adaptation. Since we don't know how many episodes Tokyo Revengers will have, I'm looking forward to have a long adaptation, with 24 episodes or so.

This first episode feels kinda weak, really, but for sure It's going to get better.

Manga reader here!

The manga started have really good, but it started to drag out during the 120th chapter and now it continues being endless.

It gets more boring and the stuff gets more of the same.

But the first 100 chapters are really fire, and the anime will probably adapt the first 60-70 chapters where we'll see baji's greatness aka the greatest character of the series.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Apr 10, 2021 6:02 PM

Apr 2019
a time travel story with gangs involved?! im in!

Apr 10, 2021 6:03 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Surprisingly enjoyed it a lot.

Now, obviously, it could derail really badly because time travel stories do mess up most of the times but its a solid first episode!
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 10, 2021 6:19 PM

Nov 2017
Kinda reminds me of Erased.

First episode was good, looking forward for the rest
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Apr 10, 2021 6:21 PM
Jun 2019
The premise reminds me a lot of Erased which isn't a bad thing since I enjoyed Erased. So it looks promising
Apr 10, 2021 6:24 PM
Mar 2020
I already know this is going to be good
Apr 10, 2021 6:28 PM
Oct 2020
Episode "0" and episode one are identical. I always found the delinquent/gang culture stuff in anime to be really interesting given I'm not Japanese. So many shows have these elements (Yu Yu, Kill la Kill, JJBA) and I only really identify them by their pompadours (or other crazy hair styles), the crazy way they dress, their sailors mouths and their toughness. Ive always loved characters like Okuyasu and Knuckle for their big hearts and larger then life personalities. I hope this show can get me to understand the middle, high and real Japanese gangster culture much better then I do now. Animation looks really good. Sharp, nice lighting effects. Characters are also looking good. And the concept of traveling back to middle school is so interesting (partially because that's self insert for me that I'd want to change shit if I could) The only thing that's a bit BS is the MC not remembering his family or parents and not prioritizing them over a "middle school GF" which isn't even considered a real relationship to most ppl. Anyone know how long this show is gonna be?
Apr 10, 2021 6:34 PM

Jan 2019
xNyan said:
So they censored the manji 卍 after all, huh? Or maybe in a future Bluray it will appear, I hope so.

The manji is on their uniform and they vocally say "manji", it just doesn't show the symbol in the title, obviously to avoid hate from uneducated people.
Apr 10, 2021 6:46 PM

Jul 2014
Rizaadxn said:
xNyan said:

The manji is on their uniform and they vocally say "manji", it just doesn't show the symbol in the title, obviously to avoid hate from uneducated people.

Yeah I meant Manji as a symbol, not the word. Because manji is the name of symbol
Apr 10, 2021 7:11 PM

Jan 2019
xNyan said:
Rizaadxn said:

Yeah I meant Manji as a symbol, not the word. Because manji is the name of symbol

Okay cool, I wouldn't worry about it, the symbol is still on the uniforms.
Apr 10, 2021 7:15 PM
Apr 2019
Really liking where this is going. I haven’t watched Erased but I’ve heard the way it ends isn’t great, but this show seems right up my alley (being a shonen fan and all lmao), and I’m hoping it ends well, being a time travel story and all. Animation is also fairly solid as well. Also man, that opening slaps! It’s so cool to see they got Official HIGE DANdism for the song, since the vocalist likes the manga and they’re really popular in Japan. Based on the song it seems like the ending next week is gonna slap too, so I’m looking forward to that too. And I’ve heard some really good things from manga readers, so overall I think this is going to be a really good ride.
Apr 10, 2021 7:34 PM
Feb 2021
My friend hyped the living shit out of this show, and I can see why. This first episode was a banger and I can't wait to see more.
Apr 10, 2021 7:50 PM

Feb 2020
Well this was a pleasant surprise. When I saw the overview of the anime, being a kid who goes back in time to save his girlfriend I thought that, oh well it will probably be like every other "save the girl" type of scenario. I was wrong. The plot just within the first episode sets the scene of what we should be expecting and its SOOO much better. I loved the fact that the brother remembered the promise and kept it all the way into the future, becoming a agent within the government. I cant wait for next weeks episode and I am very impressed with it so far. (not a manga reader so I have no clue what this story is going to lead to or what it was really suppose to be when starting the anime.)

Apr 10, 2021 8:02 PM

Jul 2016
Seems like it's erased if all the kids are bad boys. Still looking forward to watching this.
Apr 10, 2021 8:12 PM
Sep 2019
Can’t say this first episode was all that attention grabbing or started off with a bang per say, but it’s somewhat caught my interest. Although I have to say that the whole time traveling concept and trying to save the girl type of ordeal isn’t that original of an idea. Hoping for a surprise next week that’ll prove me wrong.
Apr 10, 2021 9:04 PM

Jul 2014
Huh, I was definitely surprised to see him back in the future since I was expecting the time travel to be a one time thing but it's an interesting twist I guess. The girlfriend is cute.

I was honestly going to skip this show until a few days ago when I read the synopsis and it actually got me excited. Now that I've seen the first episode I can say that I really liked it, pretty solid start.
Apr 10, 2021 9:21 PM

Sep 2020
So we will see two timelines at the same time then? That's a fireass concept and I want to see more of these gang theme.ost is fire as well, might have to pick up the manga after season.
One Piece Episodes 1018 & 1027 were a mistake and 1033 brought salvation. -DrippySid

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2021

152 by callmethebigG »»
May 18, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2021

177 by callmethebigG »»
May 18, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Do you think this show would be better if it got rid of of some of its shounen tropes?

Elma_fer - Jun 12, 2021

30 by tmunee »»
Apr 28, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

335 by Captain22 »»
Apr 21, 2:46 PM

Poll: » I read so many people saying that Takemichi is a pedo and i want to know your opinion

Onii-chanShuki - Sep 29, 2021

30 by Piromysl »»
Apr 2, 10:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.